China Charm Grapevines

Ever since Tears in Heaven, I have fallen down the Shawn Dou hole. :laugh:

So, tonight, I watched a movie, Youth Dinner (original title translation is Dinner for Six, which is so much more appropriate, don’t know why they changed it) with Shawn Dou and Janine Chang. The ending was wrapped up far too quickly, but overall, I really enjoyed it, so I thought I’d share it! You can find it on YouTube.

https://sino-cinema.com/2017/08/04/review-dinner-for-six-2016/

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

18 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I don't think we will have anything from him for a long time. It seems like he has been canceled by Chinese netizens. 

I am so sad...I don't even know how to process this . The backlash is so big. Urghhhhhhh

Don't know how true this is @OsmanthusTea

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am so sad...I don't even know how to process this . The backlash is so big. Urghhhhhhh

I'm not sure how to process it either. I didn't grow up in the same environment so I don't fully understand national pride. I don't have much of an opinion other than that it painful to see someone work really hard to build a career for themselves to see it all collapse due to carelessness. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea it really does feel like his career is as good as gone. So sad. 

yes with the board CAPA involved ….

i remember ZhaoWei being ban from the screen after she feature in a magazine wearing a Japanese Flag during the times after HuanZhu GeGe was aired….

however they only ban her for a bit cause she still a student and she was doing what the magazine production was asking after all

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

yes with the board CAPA involved ….

i remember ZhaoWei being ban from the screen after she feature in a magazine wearing a Japanese Flag during the times after HuanZhu GeGe was aired….

however they only ban her for a bit cause she still a student and she was doing what the magazine production was asking after all

Apparently before ZZH's case blew up, his fans had been warning him repeatedly about those pictures in his SocMed but he ignored them and even posted something that said they are busybody/mind your own business etc. So now many of his CFans left him en masse.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
12 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Apparently before ZZH's case blew up, his fans had been warning him repeatedly about those pictures in his SocMed but he ignored them and even posted something that said they are busybody/mind your own business etc. So now many of his CFans left him en masse.

somehow i think if he had listen to some of these fans....its would have help in his cases....he can plead ignorance....but ppl had came forward to tell you that something is wrong there...

i mean if ppl told me....'hey dear i think your post might invoke war' i will definitely check into my posts or ask in return....'can you tell me which part?' 

and i will do a double take and either i amend it or take it out ... cause honestly i never want war in my hand

• Like 2