Cao Jun Xiang as Chu Xiuyuan
Ke Nai Yu as Shen Xin
Lu Jia as Rou Rou
Liu Yin Jun
Xu Yi Wen as Qing Qiu
You Cong as Xiao Cong
Jiang Hao Yang as Yuan'er

Synopsis:

A notorious general and an aristocrat's daughter hold each other's hands to spend a lifetime together whilst protecting what's precious to them.

Shen Jin (Tang Min) grew up in luxury as a member of the royal family. After the emperor decrees an arranged marriage, she is married off to a general who defends the borders. Although she falls in love with her husband, general Chu Xiu Ming (Caesar Wu), at first sight, she finds it difficult to blend in.

Shen Jin gradually sheds her spoiled and entitled attitude and becomes a force to be reckoned with. With her unconventional methods, she solves many of the army's problems and comes to earn their trust and respect. However, there has been a shakeup in the imperial courts and the Chu army becomes a target. Shen Jin's parents are held hostage against their will while Shen Jin receives orders to act as a spy for the emperor. Can the married couple weather the storms to find happiness and peace?

Sources:

dramawiki, ChineseDrama.info

@Lynne @NiteWalker Moderator tag to get it added to the directory list.

Trailer

OSTs

Reserved

Official Sites

Weibo l Viki

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey 

Episode 1-5 has been released.

Episode 1 has been subbed by Babel Fans . Wasn’t sure if I can share it so I put it in a spoiler tag

Spoiler

Spoiler

Episode 1

Shen Jin is the unloved concubine daughter who is forced into a areanged marriage by the emperor. Father Shen is muddled and easily manipulated. I hate man like that.  Shen Jin is smart, hot tempered and on her way to get married she was actually abandoned after being saved from the enemy at the border. 
Chu Xiu Ming is cold and a man of few words. Although he saved her, he is still trying to get rid of her. 
This is my opinion without subs. I ended up watching it without subs. Got to wait to watch it with sub. 

Chingu , @NiteWalker sorry I still haven’t started Maiden Holmes. 

• Haha 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

This drama is bound to have lot of misunderstanding. Why ?? Due to the fact “ The Demon General “ has lots of enemies. His enemies seems to at the border and at court. Die to the fact the Emperor trust him but his advisers have spies in at his mansion spying on him. The General has Major Trust Issues.  
Then the Emperor finds him a bride. But the General doesn’t trust his new bride because he thinks this is a spy from court or the Hawks ( his enemies at the boreders) sent the bride to him through the court.  On the way to meet the groom the bride (Shen Jin) the Hawks attack her people . Groom and troops save her but leave her and her maid on the road. After almost dying they had to walk to the Chu Xiu Ming’s Mansion. Everyone at the mansion totally ignore them , so SJ sneaks in and goes looking for her husband since she is lost. She meets a handsome man , she is very interested in but thinks he is just servant. 
 CXN point to the direction to the gate for her so Che can get her maid . On her way CXM’s man have been eliminating all the spies and they have finally found SJ’s maid ( Cutie Pie) at the gate. They interrogate her and they refuse to believe she is the maid of their new “Furen”. Furen ( SJ) finally gets to gate and she stops them from harassing her.  SJ and CXM’s man bicker until CXM finally shows up. 

Episode 2 

Sj and CXM finally meet. XcM not trusting her decides to watch her and lock her in the room to figure out what is her real intentions. SJ realizing hubby thinks she is spy after hearing he killed a lot of the people who came with her because they are spy sulks in her room until she had enough. As days passed and not knowing what to do with her CXM decided to lock her in her room. Since SJ specializes in picking locks she escapes and lock her husband in his room. Lol lol she is hilarious and leaves the mansion. She steal the General’s horse but he has a mind of his own. She reaches the gate to the town but is stopped by the guards. CXM’s man finally find her and take her back the mansion. Somehow she tricks hubby to save her image by him thriving her ride in town and outside the gate. Lol lol  Through all this his eyes see a Jade necklace ask her to give it to him but she refuses to give it to him until she gets something in return. He does end up taking it from her . this is what happens. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d3e3a8dd6de4c4350

Lol He ends up keeping it and it seems the jade means something to him. 
Once she wakes up from fainting she still want her jade necklace back but he refuses to give it her. Instead he wants to question her about this necklace. She finds a way get better food from this negotiation. 

Episode 3 

She does help him out in keeping the secret he left his post but the Emperor still found out because there is a spy in the mansion. Can’t wait to find out who it is. She trick the “ Hawks “ in to the Mansion and he kill all the Hawks who came into the Mansion. And cause him problems. Like I said he has way to many enemies. 
  SJ and Cutie Pie have the best relationship between Master and servant 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d3e3a8dd6de4c4350

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Dang it! Are there only 5 episodes available so far? Started a bit too early, didn't I? :smug:

Episode 6 will be out in 3 hours. Might as well wait till tomorrow.

It's certainly an easy and light watch with a spunky female lead and a tsundere male in tow. I do enjoy these arrange marriage tropes. They fall in love fast in this though and five episodes later, Chu Xiuming does the noble idiocy already. Well she's not giving up so easily so the Demon General may have met the match of his life.

The production values are pretty good so far. 

What's a C drama without an underwater kissing scene? :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

15 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i remember you dont need subtitles right? :)

:cool:

Yeah... mostly. :smug:

I've found some RAWs around the place. Nice thing about the show is the angst doesn't last too long. It's an interesting approach and I've seen the wedding stuff already. 

Sometimes Rou Rou annoys me. 

• Haha 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished episode 5 and 6 

This drama is so hilarious. I have no idea why this drama makes me laugh but it does. 

The heroine isn't your typical rich lady, she is strong mentally of course, but not physically but she isn't snotty and judge mental.  Shen Jin woke up to a divorce letter on the nightstand  and found out her husband to the military camp. What do you think she does?? She joins his military camp and tries to be a soldier. She actually doesn't do so bad , she works hard but hubby sometimes get in her way to actually work harder. In the mean time hubby ( Chu Xiu Ming)) finds out someone is still spying on him by reading his reports. When it was time to bathe, SJ had difficulty taking a shower. Hubby shows up and tell her she can bathe in his room but she refuses because they are divorce.  When it was time for meal, he found her porridge to look strange, so he threw it away. She could have told him the reasons why the porridge looks weird and he could have told her his fears, These two refuses to communicate.

He then tells her she can go back to get some more porridge but she refuses to go because rules are you can only go on line once. When it was time for bed, he offers again for her to sleep there but she refuses. smh smh smh She goes to the barach making all the men uncomfortable ,so they all choose to sleep outside. Everyone knows she is the General's wife. They wouldn't dare to mess with her. 

That night she couldn't get a good night sleep and was very cranky the next day. Hubby requested an audience and of course he had to compromise big time because his men are uncomfortable. She said if he gives her wine she will do anything he said. lol lol He had to break the rules so that he can get her to do as he says. XM has it rough. She gets drunk and they have so cute moments. SHe tells him how she feel and what she thinks of him. She almost drown. He carried her to his tent and changes her clothes and let her sleep. The General's home Cutie Pie ( SJ's maid) . In my opinion she is cute but a terrible maid. She worries for her master but then askes herself why is she worry when she should be feeding herself first. lol lol  Then she finds out it is the Geneal's birthday. THe cook prepares a meal for the General. Cutie ask to take the food over and was given lots of stuff for the SJ.  She finally sees SJ and then she tells her it is the XM's birthday. The entire day she tries to plan a surprise party for hubby was stopped from planning the surprise. 

She prepared a meal for him and they end up fighting. She leaves the camp and goes back home after giving him the divorce letter. 

• Like 1

I am a bit confused now. I see that the Emperor does want CX and SJ to stay married . We now have the three officials who have been bullying and discredit the General.  
The General doesn’t care about his bad reputation but doing his job well. In two episode the Emperor mentioned thay SJ was part of the royal family but when he first sent the decree , it was for the eldest Shen daughter. Does that mean the other Shen daughter are part of the royal family.  
One of those greedy officials wants to know why Shen Jin was given to CX. Making me wonder is there an special reason that she stay married to CX???? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I am a bit confused now. I see that the Emperor does want CX and SJ to stay married . We now have the three officials who have been bullying and discredit the General.  
The General doesn’t care about his bad reputation but doing his job well. In two episode the Emperor mentioned thay SJ was part of the royal family but when he first sent the decree , it was for the eldest Shen daughter. Does that mean the other Shen daughter are part of the royal family.  
One of those greedy officials wants to know why Shen Jin was given to CX. Making me wonder is there an special reason that she stay married to CX???? 

what do you mean???

all the daughters are of royal blood or cousin......

all of them discredit the general as he doesnt take sides....and with him at the emperor sides, it is hard for them to tackle the emperor....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@NiteWalker. A friend told me Shen Jin’s mom is  a distant relative of the emperor concubine. 

lols....i stop trying to understand their relationship sometimes...

u see all these concubine is always related to one distant relative or another.....its always the same....just like my country too....my auntie is also married to a distant cousin of a royalty lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The trailer looks fun so is there any eng sub for this???

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

lols....i stop trying to understand their relationship sometimes...

u see all these concubine is always related to one distant relative or another.....its always the same....just like my country too....my auntie is also married to a distant cousin of a royalty lols

Honestly watching some of wuxia dramas I couldnt really get to their family tree/relationship. LOL. 

And compared to saeguk the formality among these royalties also differs, lets say how they interact with others. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The trailer looks fun so is there any eng sub for this???

Honestly watching some of wuxia dramas I couldnt really get to their family tree/relationship. LOL. 

And compared to saeguk the formality among these royalties also differs, lets say how they interact with others. 

they will always abuse those relationship too lols....just so that they can have a better life....the easy way out

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw the first and last episodes and clips in between, too. I really like the plot (honestly, all such royal/military-guy-with-a-brilliant-woman kind) so i’m biased towards this but the fact can’t be denied that the leads did a good portrayals of their roles. There is a season 2 and basing from the bonus ending scene it will be a modern setting this time. I am not sure if this is the trend nowadays in chinese periodical dramas where a continuation is in the modern time but it’s actually a nice thing because we get to see the change on the actors’ acting - from conservative to liberated. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29173dcf51bca7ab95c6

The Wedding is my favorite scene 

His vows was just perfect 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29173dcf51bca7ab95c6

When she chose to trust him her lines was the most touching. I believe he fell more in love with her then.  When she said what she wanted most was to be his wife moved him even more. 

• Like 1