Lie of Lies / 거짓말의 거짓말 [2020]

UnniSara

What will Ji Min do ?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kang Ji Min do now knowing that Eun Soo is Woo Joo's real mother?

• Help Eun Soo clear her name
    • Convince Eun Soo to get treatment and start an investigation
    • Keep Woo Joo away from her
    • MARRY HER!

This poll is closed to new votes

Crazy woman! Who does she think she is grabbing someone’s hair like that???

Sure, she claims that she cannot just stand still seeing her ex-husband and child being deceived by an ex-con, but for whose sake?? In anyways, it doesn’t give her the right to get physical and violent towards ES. They should sue her! Gosh I really cannot stand her. Made me wonder how did JM fall in love with her in the past? 

@abs-oluteM thanks for the spoiler, but I am actually sad it’s just a contract relationship, I wanna cry 😭😭😭

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

\

@abs-oluteM thanks for the spoiler, but I am actually sad it’s just a contract relationship, I wanna cry 😭😭😭

This is a good thing @ktcjdrama Now our OTP can get closer and protect WJ.  They need to bond , become friends. They care for each other already but they need to rebuild the trust between them for them to become much closer. 

I am hoping the Golfer will end up with Ji Min's sister. What do you guys think???

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

am hoping the Golfer will end up with Ji Min's sister. What do you guys think???

kkkk...I think the sister has her eye on the handsome colleague that Ji Min works with.

More stills ...hohoho ..."marriage meeting!"

Photo credit https://twitter.com/elysian_5_/status/1314480914294923265?s=20

Ej35a8OVoAAYd8r?format=jpg&name=small

@ktcjdrama it is the best part of contract marriages...ahahah from fake to real :D

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

My theory 

Before JM and ES meet the parent, SeMi has already told her ex MIL about ES’s past.  By the photos alone it looks like only JM’s father is thrilled to meet her.
Se Mi is truly dumb and I wonder who will make her face the truth about why JM has lost interest. She single handedly believes that Ji Eun Soo is the problem when she is the one who broke his heart. 
@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I am late because of streaming problem. But still at hospital scene, JM's mother asked to speak to JM and asking him questions. He said something about it is the person I like, and he asked his mother for some time. Later on, JM and ES talking by the river as in preview. ES said she cannot leave, knowing what KHR might do to her daughter. JM agreed, don't leave, let's work together. In order to get KHR, I will need you. That's the best way to protect WJ.

JM then send ES home, Golfer waiting outside in the car, watching and wondering if everything is alright with them.

At the hospital, Aunt wondering about something and muttered SM's name out. Dad wondering why suddenly mention her name? Aunt said earlier SM asked about which hospital WJ is in. That must be how KHR knows where to find them.

Anyway, what KHR accusing ES about was overheard by SM who was standing near them at the hospital. She is now at home wondering more about ES. Just then, Golfer came home and they talk about ES. Golfer told her that JM knows everything about ES's past and defended ES is not a murderer and it's none of SM's business. He also reminded SM that KJM is no longer her man.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

ES at home thinking about what JM said. She made up her mind and made a phone call to the police station, about Yoon's death.

At the office, JM was called by his junior. They rushed to a meeting room. His supervisor is being scolded hard by big boss, why bother KHR?? The other female colleague told them that it's been going on for 20 minutes now. Big boss came out huffing. Supervisor came out and scolded JM for digging up a case 10 years ago.

KHR is meeting with a person who handed her something in her car. Not too sure what it's about. Her assistant came to her office, she hid the thing from him. They talked about something.

JM is meeting a person who used to work in the prison. He asked about ES letters. The person finally admitted to someone asking her to do it. JM asked who told you to do it. We are not shown the answer.

JM at the police station, officer showing him CCTV footage of Yoon entering building with an envelope, then another footage of a man going out with the same envelope.

JM walked out and saw ES taking a box. I think it's the personal belongings of Yoon. They moved to a bench in the park, and JM said that let me help you. As they were talking, JM got a call from sis. Mom asked to meet. JM rushed to a restaurant to meet her. Mom talked about ES. Not too sure what she is talking about, something about WJ too. JM went back to his office, rather sad. He made a call to ES, asking if she is home safe. She asked what Mom talked about. Is she not curious about me? Because you said it's the person you love. JM told her Mom wants to meet. It's okay if you don't want to. ES said, let's do it. I can lie about it (I think that's what she said). After they hang up, Golfer came bearing a gift of new white dress. He once again mentioned that ES is the only family he has. As he left, KHR's assistant is there downstairs and saw them and reported to KHR.

• Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

KHR and SM are meeting. KHR is playing psychological game with SM. She knows the person Golfer is looking for is JES, and some more stuff. SM lost the game of course, easily defeated by KHR. She came out of the room so angry.

JM is at his home office cum bedroom, looking through Yoon's stuff that ES took. He saw a phone and turned it on. Just then, WJ came in. JM suddenly worried whether she is okay. WJ assured him that she is okay. She asked about the meeting they're having, why? JM told her that the grandparents just curious about whoever is close to WJ. She just asked pointedly, are they having a formal meeting for ... (not sure)... JM was a bit shocked and asked how she knows. She asked him, do you like Teacher? JM was about to assure her he won't marry ES if she doesn't want it, but WJ assured him that she likes ES as teacher, but it will be even better if she is family. With that, she sleeps on his bed. JM looked at her lovingly.

Aunt at her shop, SM came to look for her. She at first is not very welcoming and rather anxious seeing SM, but SM is sweet-talking her about getting her some business opportunities, I think. SM asked about the parents too, and Aunt let slip that the parents are meeting ES and JM

At the luncheon, Dad is quite excited, starting to talk about JM likes her and WJ likes her. Mom asked about how they met. JM said they met when he was out on business trip. ES told them about her parents, mother died when young, father died 10 years ago. Mom said it must be hard for ES. While ES is talking, Mom is observing JM. They want to fake it but I think they ended up saying sincere things.

They are about to part, while waiting for JM's car to come, ES handed them the gifts. As JM's car came, SM arrived. But she only saw from afar.

At home, Dad very happy with the gift. Mom is deep in thoughts. Aunt asked guiltily if anything happen? Dad said what thing?

JM dropped ES off at her place. She told him she is grateful that WJ has grandparents who love her. JM told her she can see WJ if she wants to. ES thanked JM for that. After JM left, SM appeared. How shameless of you to even dare meet JM's parents. She asked if they know that ES is WJ's mother. She told herto give her a last chance to settle everything and leave. ES challenged her, go ahead, if you want to tell. And more stuff, very intense. I think ES gave it to SM that she is not acting like a mother to WJ, she doesn't have WJ's interest first, stuff like that. Need subs. But ES is not afraid of SM at all. SM left after barking her last warning.

• Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

JM and ES separately in their bed thinking of each other.

Next morning in office, JM tried to make a call but it's not getting through. Next he met with the person who gave the box of Yoon's stuff to ES. JM is asking whether there is anyone else that is close to Yoon. As he handed back the box of stuff, that person suddenly remembered something unusual at the hosptial and told JM.

JM in his car parked at a place, observing and taking notes about some numbers. He got a text message from his junior about something that kind of stunned him. Next he is meeting with KHR. They talked and KHR kinda trying to play psychological game again with JM, saying that she is just worried for her granddaughter, but JM told her that he now understand how hard must it be for ES to be with KHR in the past. He took out a USB and told KHR that it's the emergency call that ES made. Then the secretary called to inform KHR someone arriving. The person came in and it's the prison warden! JM made an introduction of himself and showed he knows who she is. The prison warden is rather shocked.

At WJ restaurant, Mom taking out the garbage bag. SM is there. As Mom walked back, she realized who SM is. Cut to the kids playing at the playground, with ES BFF, then ES came. Mother and daughter have a loving reunion.

Cut to SM and Mom seated at a cafe. SM told Mom that these 3 years was like hell for her, she cannot live without JM. Mom is not sympathetic. SM asked is it because of the art teacher? Mom looked surprised. SM asked are you sure it's really okay? She told Mom about ES.

At JM's office, supervisor is praising JM that he has apologized to KHR that she agreed to appear on their program. Everyone so happy and excited, except for a confused JM. They turned on the TV to watch the interview. KHR is being asked about whether she still miss her son. She is very good in acting as pitiful mother, with tears and pauses! She talked about missing the child of her son! She said she has something to admit. That actually the daughter of her son is still alive. She talked some more, something about the child is with another family now. JM and ES so shocked. Even Golfer who is watching. Golfer rushed out. JM also rushed out of the office. Everyone is busy picking up the telephone after the declaration by KHR. JM made a call to sis, asking is WJ is fine. Aunt said don't worry, but the camera pans out to WJ sitting across SM. Arrgh!!! Auntie-ah, whyyy, whyyyyyyy???

ES tried to make a call but the person is not picking up. When she went downstairs, cars of reporters and reporters came swarming. She tried to run, a hand grabbed her. It's JM. Phew.

At the cafe, SM told WJ, WJ-ah, I have something to say ~ end of episode

Preview: again too fast and a lot of scenes. Not in order, but WJ and SM's relationship became good. KHR doing some charity food event, JM is there. ES is being sent a picture of WJ on a boat in a lake. We see that she is with another person. KHR's doing. ES came rushing to the lake. Boat empty at dock. It's at some kind of resort bungalow, I think. JM discovered WJ not in her room. JM and heart-broken Mom. ES and heart-broken angry Mom.

@abs-oluteM that hair-grabbing part was deleted, for sure...

I honestly am having a hard time watching the actress of KHR because in the other drama, she is the weak and oppressed party, while here, she is quite the opposite hahahaaa *wipesweat*

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Thanks @ktcjdrama for the recaps. Of course KHR would wreck havoc .  I still want them to fake marry :lol:
i am waiting for the preview . The ex wife is really annoying 

I hv the IG link. Waiting for the YT , KHR got hold of WJ ( through SM) & may kill her off - evil woman . 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ktcjdrama ahahahah ....i hope they have time to develop the romance.

Finally the YT link of the preview. @LaLa could you translate if you have the time. Thanks

I wonder if SM would poison WJ's mind about regarding ES

Official MV of OST 4

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Preview ep 12

Rough translations

JM's mom: Why should it be you? Why?!
ES: I'm sorry. I am truly sorry
JM: She is... (sorry I can't hear him clearly but I think maybe Ji Min probably Eun Soo is a good woman or have admitted about facts about Eun Soo)
SM: Leave it to me. I will help you to achieve what you want, Chairwoman Kim
ES: I should have never appeared in front of you Ji Min-ssi
JM: Eun Soo-ssi, are you in there?
ES: I should've leaved back then. It would be better if I leave
HR: Car accident?
HR: I think Yoon Sang Kyu wasn't bluffing about what he said
ES: What did you want to tell me about, Mr Yoon?
JM: Detective Kwon, about the logo on the documents of Yoon Sang Kyu, where can I find it?
HR: Is he saying that he wants to keep an eye on me by keep lingering around me?
HR: Where is Eun Se Mi location right now?
JM's dad: Ji Min! Our Woo Joo! She's gone!
JM: What?! What do you mean?!
ES: What are you doing? 
HR: I've told you didn't I? If you have taken something away from me, you have to give something of yours to me
ES: Bring her back. Bring Woo Joo back!!!
ES: Woo Joo!!!
ES: I would no longer let you to take anything away from me

• Thanks 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Thanks loads for the translations @LaLa

Wow the drama made ratings history for channel A . Knew this would be a sleeper hit 

Spoiler

Credit https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000860687

@im0202 are you still watching?

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ji Min still haven't told his family behind the reason of his divorce with Se Mi? Or maybe he did but they forgot about it? Especially with his sister? Based on their natural stance when Se Mi's name is brought up by the sister, they haven't know about her cheating on him and her carelessness that almost killed Woo Joo back then. I really hope they really knew what Se Mi's true color. :mad:

And I did a mistranslations last night. Especially on this part

14 hours ago, LaLa said:

HR: Car accident?

It supposed to be the number 6049 (which read yuk-gong-sa-gu). I misheard it with car accident (gyu-tong-sa-go).

I apologized >//< 

I think the number represents the number of where Eun Soo's dad ashes currently store at the columbarium? Where Mr Yoon probably saved a copy of his evidence against Ho Ran? 

I wonder what Se Mi says to Woo Joo that makes the child want to spend time alone with her. And why does she board the speedboat (?) alone? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@ktcjdrama Thank you for the recaps change. Funny thing is while you were recapping it ,I was watching it at the same time. lol 

@LaLa Thank you for the translation chingu

I am so worried everyone. Hoping that WJ doesn't go missing toward the end of episode 12 because it will kill me. These korean are so good at cliffhangers. It really drives me crazy. My itty bitty heart can't take it. Can you guys take it ? @abs-oluteM @im0202 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM I haven’t seen the latest ep yet! Been too tired at night on weekdays to catch up with my dramas... And on weekends I have social obligations so my watching time is so limited :letalQQ:

I’m still behind on Brahms and now have to catch up on Alice and Lies of Lies haha. But so happy that the ratings increased! I’m not into makjangs usually but somehow this drama seems to draw me in.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM I was feeling really really low today due to something, but your spoiler pictures just made me smile 😃 

@ktcjdrama This spoiler really made me happy too.  I am so happy . 
I love Ji Min so much. His mother knows her son is in love. At their lunch date when JM’s father asked him “ What he likes about Ji Eun Soo?” She played close attention to his facial expression. It was a huge giveaway. That is why she couldn’t say anything after the dinner. She is the smart one in the marraige. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290f410f2921e083a091

I Ji Min would have made a great cop. His investigation skills are on point.  He got KHR’s people to walk to his beating drums.  It was so funny .  
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290f410f2921e083a091

I dislike the sister. How can she betray her brother like that. She clearly knows her brother wants nothing to do with Se Mi. Has no idea why her brother is mad at SM or so cold to her. 

• Like 3

@abs-oluteM @LaLa @ktcjdrama 

No one here has discussed that Secretary Yoon was threatening Kim Ho Ran with. IT WAS A DNA REPORT. Whose DNA REPORT was that???? Isn’t that a really juicy info we should discuss. 

Theory 

What if ES was adopted and  KHR was her biological mom ????  and Yeon Gi Bum wasn’t her son 

Lol lol wouldn’t that be funny 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29pa66xf354jt1iuop1s

• Heart Eyes 2

Started... took a while for stream to work.

JM and ES seated in a cafe talking, about KHR and the interview program she is in. JM is updating ES with the result of his recent investigation. ES tears dropped. She is recounting (with flashback) to JM what happened that night. She told him she was unconscious because her husband threw her and when she came to, her husband was already dead. She also talked about how she almost suicide in her cell because of feeling hopeless and alone, after her father's passing. It was really hard for her to go on.

JM left his apartment. So ES is safe in his place. When he was downstairs, Mom came calling his name weakly. She asked about if it's true ES has been in prison for the past 10 years. She started hitting him and asking if he is out of his mind. JM finally let out that ES is WJ's bio mum. Mom dropped herself to the ground. JM told Mom ES is not that kind of person. How do you know? It's because she is WJ's mom. He tried to explain to Mom.

SM is at home, belatedly watched KHR's declaration. Just then, Golfer came and asked if it's SM's doing that KHR said that. SM said no matter how she hates ES, she will not let WJ fall into harm. Next day, SM went to see KHR and asked what she is planning to do. She tried to ask KHR for something, I'm not sure. KHR agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MTDzeiV.gif

At JM's office. TV is showing that announcers talking about KHR, supervisor came and asked about who will follow up on KHR (I think). The female raised her hand. After supervisor left, JM said something to her.

ES visited someone. Not too sure who, a lawyer? Then she went to a hospital (I think) and was informed certain things.

JM watching KHR doing the outdoor charity. After that, they're seated across each other. KHR asked you're shocked right about what I said last night. JM asked, how you know that WJ is your granddaughter. KHR told him Yoon came to look for her before he died, with a DNA test result. JM is a bit shocked, it seems. Then he asked her for a favor. JM seems willing to do anything as long as KHR will leave WJ alone. KHR is happy that they're finally communicating well. In her car on the way home, KHR asked her assistant to do something.

ES is in front of a building. A woman came out, and she walked to her. She didn't recognize who ES is. When ES told her she is KHR's DIL, the woman is rather shocked and uneasy. ES said something and gave her a contact number to please contact her.

JM is in his car, calling to ask the police if the logo on Yoon's envelope is checked out. It's the place for DNA test. He went in and asked about Yoon's test result. The guy said oh yes there is, but he cannot give it to JM because he is not Yoon himself. It seems the guy said that there are two copies. Outside, JM is wondering where the other copy is.

ES is sitting watching the kids play. JM send her a text, then ES switched off her phone. I think to avoid people calling her. BFF at bakery, trying to call ES but cannot go through. Reporters came in, started asking her question. Just then, her husband came and he managed to request the reporters to leave.

ES in front of WJ Restaurant. Mom came by, then invited her in, but rather sternly. ES is served the soup that she promised, but Mom is not friendly. Mom finally revealed she knows ES is WJ's bio mum and been in prison. ES shocked speechless. Mom said some stuff that made ES dropped her head and started crying. Then Mom told her to finish the food and leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Awwwww :cry: I feel so bad for ES. 
my fingers are crossed that 

Spoiler

They do get marrried 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

WJ is at a cafe, making a call, but no one picked up. SM came and asked who is she calling, your Aunt? WJ said no, it's my teacher. I miss her voice. SM said gently I'm sad that you're with me yet you're missing another person. Then she saw the necklace that WJ is wearing. She asked if Dad give it to her. WJ excitedly said no, it's my teach... but she stopped halfway.

ES is visiting her BFF who happens to come out to throw trash. She grabbed ES to a corner, and asked her not to come by for the time being because reporters have been coming and her husband almost find out.

Aunt's store. She got a call from JM asking about WJ, she panicked because SM has not returned with WJ. Just then they came in, so Aunt can reply to JM that of course, WJ is with me and doing fine. Aunt is angry that SM is late in returning as promised. SM smiled and said sorry because spending time with WJ made me forget time. As Aunt and WJ walked home, WJ told her that it's strange, because she kept thinking about her teacher even though she is with her mother.

JM reached home. He saw that there is no shoes. He called out for ES, when he realized she is not home, he rushed out. He found her sitting at the swing in playground, asked if something happened today. ES said that she regretted not leaving in the first place because now people around her are having a hard time. JM comforted her that the person having the hardest time is yourself. They continued encouraging each other. JM went home to find his Dad. They sat and had a drink. JM tried to ask Dad for info about Mom.

JM returned home. ES has prepared breakfast and about to leave for her home because she thinks reporters should have left. JM asked her to eat together. So they ate breakfast and have some talk. JM asked what is her plan today. She is going to see Yoon's son. JM told her that on the night Yoon died, he had an envelope of DNA test, and more details. They are figuring out together what might be happening. JM asked about the number whether ES knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MTDzeiV.gif