Basic Information

Production : Studio S
Episodes: 16
Director: Baek Soo Chan (Reunited Worlds)
Screenwriter: Kim Kyu Won (김규원)
Official Website

Cast of Characters 

Main cast

ACtC-3eXNmgnofw_fvYy5FVM2uL-jAm3PgcIhBP5ACtC-3eBzMAsIbLK2dBF7T3ZkLLBHO61V6YGsEwwACtC-3eGibOtA6sibhB7yvpwbhN4AoPWgQ0PLo8k

ACtC-3dw93Z5wnEGt3sigCQQ0TiQlLVfRA99Mb1-ACtC-3cO1tpekxqbJvDxhzzB17qei2zBRhFdfZKrACtC-3fk-ri5lJWpQ3JHKqqV8an0KvbznDI7fiYaACtC-3dA2lFA3G-6DhNG5VGV-dThVEObvDU-dsv8

Police station
Lee Jae Yoon as Kim Dong Ho
Jung Wook as Ha Yong Suk
Song Ji Hyuk as Hong Jung Wook
Choi Hong Il (최홍일) as Yoon Jong Soo

Alice staff
Kim Kyung Nam as Ki Chul Am
Hwang Seung Eon as Oh Shi Young
Yang Ji Il (양지일) as Choi Seung Pyo
Kim Sun Ah as Jung Hye Soo

Tae Yi's family
Choi Jung Woo as Tae Yi's father
Oh Young Shil as Tae Yi's mother
Yeon Woo as Tae Yun (Tae Yi's younger sister)

Time travelers
Oh Yun Ah as Eun Soo's mother
Lee Jung Hyun as Yang Hong Sub
Park In Soo (박인수) as Lee Se Hoon
Yoon Joo Man (윤주만) as Joo Hae Min

Supporting Cast
Bae Hae Sun as Kim In Sook
Min Joon Ho as Kim Jung Bae
Lee Soo Woong (이수웅) as Jung Ki Hoon
Im Jae Hyuk (임재혁) as Lee Dae Jin

Trailers :  

First | Second | Third | 10 minute trailer

• Like 5

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

On 8/14/2020 at 2:02 PM, bluepebbles said:

I can see they have chemistry off cam already 🙂

Yeah I was smiling and giggling with them all the way lol.
Really looking forward to this drama too! Suddenly there are a few interesting ones being released in the same week. 

Waiting to find out how the whole premise is gonna work. I think there will be time-travelling(?) involved?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
14 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yeah I was smiling and giggling with them all the way lol.
Really looking forward to this drama too! Suddenly there are a few interesting ones being released in the same week. 

Waiting to find out how the whole premise is gonna work. I think there will be time-travelling(?) involved?

It seems like both--time travelling and parallel universe? 

It reminds me of Flash series 😂

But this is Joo Won's comeback drama and I am eager to know how good this drama would be, i hope it will!

D-5 !

(pls click photo to enlarge)

ImageImageImageImage

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Okay, this looks to be a serious sci-fi show at least on par with Circle.  At least they seem to be making some effort with the world-building. Everything in the 10 minute trailer shouts quality and I'm definitely on board. Of course having Joo-won onboard is always fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I’m just hearing about this drama now. It’s kind of amusing because I just finished binge-watching all 12 episodes of Train yesterday which was also in this genre. I’m looking forward to checking this drama out.

Edited by Celebrianna
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |

I just finished ep1. So far so good. The story-telling was pretty quick actually!

Spoiler

When I watched the 10 mins trailer, I had wondered who Joo Won's dad is. So it is Kwak Kwak (I call him this because I can't remember his full name. I learn and I'd forget).

I think the little girl who witnessed her father's death was the one who sent them to retrieve the book (or own Alice). She was reading Alice in Wonderland at the time...so it must mean something to call the "organisation" Alice.

Looking forward to ep2 tomorrow.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

The show is definitely off to a good start. It moves quickly and there's enough time to get one's head around the characters and the world building. Kim Hee-sun whom I haven't seen since Faith is good as Mum. As is Joo Won in the lead role as yet another antisocial personality. (They seem to be all the rage in Kdramaland at the moment. How many have we had so far this year already?) I don't think there are any doubts that the leads will do a good job. Or the rest of the cast for that matter. It's the timey wimey storytelling that I'm worried about going wibbly wobbly.

Kim Hee-sun plays Tae-yi, a book grabbing time traveller who when travelling to 1992 discovers that she's pregnant. She decides to hang around in 1992 as Park Sun-yeong, ditch her travelling companion and give birth to bub. She makes this decision after reading the forbidden Book of Prophecy with the last page torn out. Bub grows into Jin Gyeom (Joo-won), an enormously bright kid with a smaller than normal frontal lobe... probably a result of radiation while Mum was zipping through the time travelling wormhole. While Jin Gyeom is in high school, mum is killed by a mysterious gun shot while a tell-tale drone hovers about. For the first time, as he weeps over his mother's body, the unemotional Jin Gyeom demonstrates an outpouring of grief. He later tells the lead detective he wants to be a cop.

We are left in no uncertain terms that the show pays homage to Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as is the practice in recent days. Alice is not a person but possibly a facility or a time machine or some kind of temporal device which is activated by a card that looks like a souped up retrofitted 3.5 inch floppy. It seems to be the case that time travel here occurs without too much disruption to the space-time continuum... until it probably does. Of course this doesn't even begin to delve into the ethics of the entire business once past, present and future selves start to intersect. 

The episode ends with Jin Gyeom coming face to face with a woman who is either mum or looks a lot like her.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I forgot to mention about the ending scene. There appears to be a time freeze. Was it caused by some human power or the bending of time/time-travelling is what I am curious about. Was the book about Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom?

Edit:

cats.jpg

I don't watch a lot of Joo Won's shows so I was :Mimed: at how much he towers over these kiddos, :lol:

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1