Wind from Luoyang 风起洛阳 [2021]

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

its all over the twitter lols

Yeah, but you also know how I feel about Cdrama air dates. Poster or no poster, nothing is certain until it actually airs. 😝 Hence my question mark. 

Still, it is exciting and good news! New trailer looked interesting as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Luoyang is visually stunning. iQiyi clearly invested a lot in this one, and IMO, totally worth it. The story takes a while to take form, but it all builds up in a logical way if you just hang in there. But honestly, even without the story, I think I’d hang in just to keep watching all the pretty scenery. Hehe. 

I like this special video. Gives people a glimpse into ancient Luoyang and a flavor for the drama’s amazing cinematography.

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@Tofu

This is an excellent drama. Very good. When the mainlanders put their minds to putting together a decent historical drama, nothing else from the continent comes close. The people behind this were also responsible for the wonderful The Longest Day in Chang'an. Although it seems that there's a different director at the helm but there are familiar motifs, themes and production values here. Everything about this shouts quality from the storytelling to performances. It also boasts a great cast of fascinating characters with different reasons for being in this complex story. 

Set during Empress Wu Zetian's reign there are plans afoot to unseat her. The story focuses primarily on three individuals driven by different motives for getting to the bottom of a series of murders which leads all the way to the throne. 

It's a wonderful mix of crime and politics.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm only on episode three, so things have only been introduced so far. I've only been able to watch this a few episodes a week, so it'll be a slow watch for me. The production is out of this world though. I'm glad that the storyline has lived up to the production value because sometimes that's not always the case. 

• Like 1

Yibo's great in this role, it's so perfect for him. It is him, lol.  But the other two are, too, especially Huang Xiao. I wish fans wouldn't focus on billing order so much. It's so readily apparent how important and integral these 3 characters are to this drama.

https://38jiejie.com/2021/12/16/executive-producer-of-luoyang-explains-casting-choices-wang-yibo-was-considered-for-baili-hongyi-before-the-untamed-aired/

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1

My Fanfics

39 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

im enjoying the clips @Lynne posted on Erlang & LiuRan hehehe @themarchioness

@NiteWalker Have you seen them (and especially Yibo) at the brothel? Because that is the scene you don't know you need in your life until you watch it. Hahaha.  It is AH-MAY-ZING. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics