Maiden Holmes 少女大人 [2020]

3TzF3CJ.jpg

Some Spoiler Alert

Editor: @stroppyse

He had once saved her 7 years ago. After those 7 years, their reunion was while they were both in disguise.  He had turned himself in to a flamboyant playboy having fun in the parlor, and she had become a young constable. PeiZhao was hiding his true identity as Prince Qi, the Warlord who had had his military power removed due to his defeat in the last war. However, he believed he had been sabotaged and was looking for clues when he first bumped into SuCi who was tracking a rapist hiding in the same parlor.

SuCi had also disguised herself as a man to work as a constable, and is actually on a mission to discover the culprit who had framed her family and caused her whole family to be massacred, leaving her as the lone survivor. When their paths cross, they work hand in hand to discover the true culprits in both of their cases, but they find that it all seemed to be slowly pointing towards the same culprit.

Misunderstandings were not left to go on for too long, and things were not dragged out.  The reveal to each other was resolved without interferences from other parties to make things worse and murkier. Also, while this is a historical drama, they actually have the cast share a bond and show open affection towards each other, more as if they were in a modern setting where couples do not shy off from holding hands.

Totally loved how PeiZhao is always there for SuCi whenever she is in trouble, and he is able to locate her with the clues she leaves behind for him. One of my favorite scenes is the fighting scene when PeiZhao blindfolded himself and killed off a group of servants to save SuCi from the their grasp. Another one was where they finally clear their misunderstandings, and it came to the light that actually PeiZhao was the person who had saved her 7 years ago.

Overall, it is a light hearted drama that doesn't need us to put thinking caps on, since the clues and the plot are presented right in front of us.

E4RTnmt.jpg

Ratings (out of a possible 10 pts)

Plot/story: 7/10 Plotwise, it was pretty straight forward, with a few loopholes where they should have made PeiZhao's character more careful than he was since he is a warlord after all. However he always seemed to be falling into potholes, one after another. This had me grating my teeth a little.

Cast/acting: 9/10 They score well on this one with me since the rapport within the whole team is so good, especially Zhang LingHe with his debut role as PeiZhao. He did exceptionally well, and I'm amazed that this is his first role when he emotes so really well, even better than some more seasoned actors. His chemistry with ChenYao as SuCi scorched the screen for me, totally loved them.  All the supporting characters also did really well.

Production value: 9/10 Not too bad on the production sides, except the underwater scenes which seemed a little unrealistic.

Re-watch value: 9/10 Totally will re-watch it when i need something light hearted and with some good romance. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a production that throws so many kisses into a historical drama, and they have the couple holding hands or sitting close with each other. It was all done so naturally that it didn’t feel too cheesy at all.

Wjlp5FC.jpgF5qx0yI.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the first two episodes. The story somewhat reminds me to UTP. and I keep comparing SC with JX. This is bad. It makes me compared them, lol. I like the premise. How the prince tries to investigate the problems. 

But I like how the prince realized who SC really is. and shedidn't know that he is the one that she admires a lot. okay from here, I think they'll start the romance part, :laugh:

• Haha 1
On 9/28/2020 at 10:18 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I watched the first two episodes. The story somewhat reminds me to UTP. and I keep comparing SC with JX. This is bad. It makes me compared them, lol. I like the premise. How the prince tries to investigate the problems. 

But I like how the prince realized who SC really is. and shedidn't know that he is the one that she admires a lot. okay from here, I think they'll start the romance part, :laugh:

i like how they give the woman brains to work with and they are not the damsel in distress all the times