Octogenarians and the 90s 八零九零 [2021]

sugarplum892

On 4/23/2021 at 10:21 AM, NiteWalker said:

**ahem**......oh boy.....i really admire BJT now....he really went after all different roles....we can see the differences in him when he is in each role

I agree - none of his roles is of the same kind, and I appreciate his ambition as an actor.

I am still holding my opinions on this drama though. I think the storyline between the FL and her grandma is a bit off pace wise (either too fast or too slow). I read that Hunan TV would actually made cuts to the drama to fit their schedule, which explains why certain parts of the episodes are not coherent. So I would recommend you all to watch the DVD version (which is the original version) - I think the ones they release on Huace YT channel or on VIKI are the right ones. 

• Like 2

I watched up to episode 4 and so far, I've enjoyed it. I think it's interesting that the backdrop of this drama is a nursing home. I think the idea of going to a nursing home when you're older is stigmatized as something bad, but as I'm watching, I'm a bit jealous. I want to live in a gated community with exercise equipment for me to use whenever I want, to be able to attend different classes, and also socialize with my friends whenever I want too! :laugh:

Guo Sanshuang visited and had his grandfather moved into the nursing home because he's being pressured at work to sell the supplements to people in nursing home. Despite this, I do hope that he ends up quitting his job and help out at the nursing home. I love that he continues to play the role of the grandson (which much reluctance) for the nainai. I love how committed the nainai is to making sure both of them gets married. Haha! By the way, the scene where nainai is hugging him from behind and he's just so uninterested was hilarious! Xiao Bai is really doing a wonderful job in this drama. He's a bit quirky which makes this drama fun to watch. 

• Haha 2

I watched episode five last night and I feel so bad for Xiaomei. She's desperately trying to save her nainai to the point where she even believed in the supplements from Guo Sanshuang's workplace! In the USA, the powder stuff looks like Miralax which is a constipation supplement people drink when they haven't had a bowel movement in a while and needs to have one. Haha! I kept thinking of that when I was watching the scene of her making the drink. :laugh:

I can't remember what video I watched but it seems like Guo Sanshuang is going to start helping around the nursing home and do activities with some of the people living there. Yay! I'm happy to see him interact with the people there. :heart:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't remember what video I watched but it seems like Guo Sanshuang is going to start helping around the nursing home and do activities with some of the people living there. Yay! I'm happy to see him interact with the people there.

He'll be better off working at the nursing home than in his current job.  Also I'm sooo ready for the loan shark to stop hounding him.  Grrrrrrr.  

Also, @Tofu, your profile pic... I can't stop staring at it.  LOLOLOLOL!  :laugh:

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 4/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, themarchioness said:

He'll be better off working at the nursing home than in his current job.  Also I'm sooo ready for the loan shark to stop hounding him.  Grrrrrrr.  

Also, @Tofu, your profile pic... I can't stop staring at it.  LOLOLOLOL!  :laugh:

Yeah, I agreed! I think he contributes more at the nursing home than at his current job. I think his boss at his workplace is kind of a jerk too, only cares about sales. 

I told @NiteWalker that my goal is to make sure everyone witness the awesomeness of Xiao Bai's dance. LOL!! 

I caught up to the latest episodes last night. 

I think the storyline of Grandpa Changsheng (the one obsessed with living a long life) is funny and touching. I think they will start to focus on individual grandpa/grandma's story now, which I think will be good for the pace of the drama.

I have to say, Sanshuang does not have too much screen time so far (he literally appeared 0 minutes in Episode 11, I mean seriously...) but now he has quit his job (about time!) and moved to the elderly care home, I hope we get to see him more. His interaction with Grandpa Changsheng is funny and sweet!! 

I will leave you with a cutie Sanshuang :heart:

giphy.gif

• Heart Eyes 1
9 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I have to say, Sanshuang does not have too much screen time so far (he literally appeared 0 minutes in Episode 11, I mean seriously...)

No Xiao Bai means I will skip episode 11. Hahaha! Just kidding. :laugh:

Coincidence or intentional? It’s got to be intentional, right? Like an Easter egg?

The name of GSS’s ex-girlfriend is 乔伊/Qiao Yi/Joey and the female protagonist of Le Coup de Foudre/I Don’t Like This World, I Only Like You, which was played by WQ, is 乔一/Qiao Yi/Joey...

• Insightful 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

• 2 weeks later...

Omg are we finally going to get some progress on the OTP romance?! (Just watched Ep 36 of the TV version.)  Hope I didn't just jinx myself and keeping fingers crossed for the remaining episodes. LOL. 

I do appreciate the continued Easter eggs in this drama, though... like GSS responding with, "That's another price," when Xiao Bao asks him to pretend to be her father for her school's parent-teacher conference.  And then in Ep 36 of the TV version, they end up watching Ordinary Glory and GSS even tries to tell his Ordinary Glory character what to do, haha.  

My Fanfics