Movie Recommendations List

abnoch

@mademoiselle  Thanks for the recommendation. I am not surprised that they did that.  Just remember most Americans don’t have good taste in movies or care about REAL TALENT. 
@stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 @Lynne @LaLa @NiteWalker @abs-oluteM @abnoch @40somethingahjumma @MayanEcho

I recommend Innocence 2020. Starring Shin Hye-Sun, Bae Jong-Ok, Heo Jun-Ho, Hong Kyung and many more. These three characters were fantastic in their roles. Planning on rewatching this again.  This movie really stand out because it left me so surprised and I totally could understand each characters decision in the movie. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 12/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, NiteWalker said:

well thats the best right? so that we can all sit and enjoy a movie together

We watched the movie today! 😁

Is it strange,  that I was half expecting them to speak in Mandarin rather than English while seeing it?

Side comments of the kiddos...

Can I have that bird (phoenix) as my pet? I like its tails.

Why did she remove her vambraces and hair tie? She's still a girl even when wearing those.  (Hahaha!)

Yay! We hear Reflection!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

The scene about grandkids sleeping with grandparents is so true within my family.

Hahaha why is that? Is it because it's not cool?

I used to sleep with my grandparents when I stayed over. After a bit more grown up, I didn't want to because I slept later than them and they snore :laugh: Once I was woken up with a noise I thought someone was doing kungfu. LOL LOL.

---

This looks like a fun movie

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 12/24/2020 at 5:07 PM, mademoiselle said:

Minari

This movie caught my attention on SNS because Golden Globe denied its entry to compete for Best Picture and shoved them to the Foreign Language category instead with the reason that it is primarily speaking in Korean even though the movie was produced by American company and about the lives of American Koreans who migrated to the US.

Watched the trailer and loved it! Plus veteran actress Youn is in it, and that really pique my interest. Tissue papers are definitely mandatory. Gonna check this out when it's available.

Tagging a few... not sure who else is interested, so you guys can do the tagging for me~

@Jane @abs-oluteM @Tofu @bairama @abnoch @UnniSara @OsmanthusTea @JenL @ktcjdrama @Chocolate @bluepebbles @gilaswan @stroppyse@40somethingahjumma

The little boy is cute lol. Think some of you mommies will adore him

LOL at his "I'm not pretty. I'm good looking!" :laugh:

Interview with VARIETY

Reveal hidden contents

Ooh. This looks good. I'm not into movies but this is an interesting story. I have to say, I'm always intrigued by Asian communities that continue to find America the place of their "dreams". I cannot say I fully comprehend that sentiment, but there remain very specific Asian communities that think like this to this day, the Korean community being one of them. It's very apparent in the sector I work in. 

• Like 4

Title : My First Client 

My-First-Client-p1.jpg

Quick Review : There is no big names actor here, but the movie is a gem. 10 y.o girl was accused of murder of his brother. This is a story on how the defense lawyer worked on the case, I won't spoil it much. It was from real life story too. First time I saw the main actor Lee Dong Hwi in more serious role, and kudos to the child actress who played as Da Bin. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 weeks later...

From my dark past

1. Silenced - based on the Gwangju child molestation case. I didn't finish it - closed my laptop and cried halfway through the film

2. 3-Iron - domestic violence and infidelity. My favorite. 

3. Memories of Murder - procedural, this is a very famous movie

4. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring Again - a Buddhist cycle of life

5. Poetry - a visual poem of tragedy 

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Fan Girl (2020)

A Philippine movie starring an actor as his fictional self, and a former Kpop trainee turned actress. 

The skinny: an obsessed teenage fan of a famous actor sneaks into his truck and unwittingly joins him for a roadtrip. "Never meet your heroes" is a warning too late. 

Review: Remember when Rob Pattinson took his stalker to dinner only to turn her off? Well, this movie is the hard mode. Sasaengs should watch this. 

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM South Korea likes tragic love stories (for movies)... lol. But is Kim Dong Jun sick?

I think he has Alzheimers...I read the synopsis on MDL.

OOOOO the KYK movie looks super fun. I am not sure if he's pretending to be not too bright. All I know is that he's private investigator. Honestly, I wish he'd do dramas like that a bit more - crime and action.  I hope some subber has it. How ah? His new drama ...watch or not to watch. Gonna air soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think he has Alzheimers...I read the synopsis on MDL.

OOOOO the KYK movie looks super fun. I am not sure if he's pretending to be not too bright. All I know is that he's private investigator. Honestly, I wish he'd do dramas like that a bit more - crime and action.  I hope some subber has it. How ah? His new drama ...watch or not to watch. Gonna air soon. 

I will probably check it out coz it will be on NF.

7 hours ago, mirmz said:

ooooooo one of you guys should totally watch clueless!

i love that movie :D

Lol, is it the Alicia Silverstone one? I watched it numerous times & one last time when it was up on Netflix. It was good.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I will probably check it out coz it will be on NF.

His drama? I've thought about it a lot in the last two months and I might watch the first two episodes to see how I like it. His movie looks interesting though. 

@abs-oluteM - That KDJ movie, why does it have to look so depressing?! :cry:

@mirmz - Clueless is one of my favorites! I've watched it so many times. Haha!

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Confused 1
57 minutes ago, Tofu said:

His drama? I've thought about it a lot in the last two months and I might watch the first two episodes to see how I like it. His movie looks interesting though.

Bwahahahahaha that's funny. I am not enthusiatic about but I'm willing to give it a go because I like Lee Re since MoA (and she's ok in Peninsula and Start Up) and it seems like she will get a fair amount of screen time in this one so I want to see how she goes with it (acting-wise). 

52 minutes ago, mirmz said:

lol SAME i loveeee that movieeee. (also since it's not letting me have exclamation marks in my posts i used an emoji version lol)

The one thing I'll always remember and learnt from Clueless is "As if!" hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t wait for this movie. Everyone join me and watch this movie Black Widow

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@mademoiselle Just finished Mission Possible. Was so good.  Funny and the 2nd half was awesome and I think this movie can go for the 2nd installment. He and Lee Su Bin also work well together. 

Spoiler

Omg...KYK was pretending to be dumb and turned out he was  ex Special ops - his fight scenes were nicely choreographed . Though I am sure they used a stunt person but a lot of the close ups shows he is legit good in the  scenes - I have always liked him doing action. I remember in Sweet Stranger & Me , he was a former gangster and could fight very well. Please oppa do this genre for your next show. 

This movie is recommended  :1000:

BTS

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am