Movie Recommendations List

abnoch

@im0202Thanks, I watched it and I was quite impressed with the production. And it was from real history event as well. Jo In Sung is always handsome as ever too. And I was curious about the shooting film place, and it's on Morocco, as expected Somalia is too dangerous. 

@mademoiselleI enjoyed this. Early scene a bit slow, but the pace will pick up after the country go into war between rebel & the government. The movie also win couple of awards which I found it very approriate and glad for the casts & production team.

And wow it's even submitted as Oscar nomination submission from the country. 

https://www.screendaily.com/reviews/escape-from-mogadishu-review/5164955.article

@abs-oluteMforgot to call you, Escape from Mogadishu movie is recommended. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 11/6/2021 at 4:25 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Have you seen a US movie called A Time to Kill? It recently is available on NF and I thought of you since you like court scenes. Based on John Grisham's novel of the same name starring Matthew McCounaghey, Kevin Spacey, Samuel L Jackson and Sandra Bullock etc. It was a really good movie. Please check it out if you haven't.

Yes, I've read and watched most of the earlier John Grisham books/movies. Can't really remember the plot anymore though. The only one that I remember really liking was Pelican Brief with Julia Roberts. I find JG books a bit meh. Too slow.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Alice Wonderland I've watched The Witch Part 1. It's distributed by from Warner Bros. :pandathink: Anyway I enjoyed it anyway just too bad I've been spoiled completely and the subtitles are terrible. It was mostly in English (badly translated) and then some mixed with Malay. So I also had to rely on my own listening LOL.

The action scenes between her and Woo Sik were enjoyable. Just too bad Woo Sik is mostly getting bashed :laugh:. I'd be very interested to one day see Woo Sik in a film where he only speaks English but then like his recent interviews said, I also don't want him to go to Hollywood if the roles and scripts are crap.

Now I look forward to Part 2 sequel. I mean, there's not only Kim Dami and Jong Suk but also Park Eun Bin. I hope she has a meaty role in there.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle he speaks english pretty fluent and ai love to see hin act as villain here. I dont know why, I must be bewitched, he looks super handsome as villain, :laugh:

Have you checked on Viu, they have it in their site I think. Ja Yoon is quite interesting and I hope that CWS could be also appear in TW2. Wishful thinking here. Its sequel will be released this year. And I dont remember any news mentioned he joined the second part. Huhu

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

'Hansan: Rise of the Dragon' director, cast hold press conference

The director and cast of "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" held a press conference at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday. From left are actors Park Hae-il, Byun Yo-han, Kim Hyang-gi, Kim Sung-kyu, Kim Sung-kyun and Ok Taec-yeon. [YONHAP]

The director and cast of "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" held a press conference at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday. From left are actors Park Hae-il, Byun Yo-han, Kim Hyang-gi, Kim Sung-kyu, Kim Sung-kyun and Ok Taec-yeon. [YONHAP]

The director and cast of "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" held a press conference at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday. 

The upcoming movie serves as a prequel to the country's No. 1 box office hit "The Admiral: Roaring Currents," which was released in 2014.

Both films are part of director Kim Han-min's trilogy depicting Yi Sun-shin (1545–1598), a victorious naval commander of the Korean fleet during the Imjin War (1592–98) in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

“The Admiral: Roaring Currents” was about the Battle of Myeongnyang (1597). "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" takes place five years before and depicts Yi Sun-shin during the Battle of Hansan (1592).

"When I got the idea to make a movie about Yi Sun-shin, I knew it couldn't all be contained in one film, so it became a trilogy," said Kim. "We filmed the movie with great respect. I hope that 'Hansan: Rise of the Dragon' can offer people courage, healing and a sense of solidarity. I also hope that this movie can bring people together as it stirs a sense of pride."

Actor Park Hae-il at the press conference of "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" at Lotte Cinema in Gwangin District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday [YONHAP]

Actor Park Hae-il at the press conference of "Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" at Lotte Cinema in Gwangin District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday [YONHAP]

Actor Park Hae-il portrays Yi Sun-shin.

"When I was first offered the role, I felt pressured by having to act out such a historically famous figure, but after discussions with the director, I realized that there were parts that I could bring to the role," said Park, emphasizing that he focused on showcasing a wise, caring and noble side of Yi Sun-shin.

Other cast members of the film are Byun Yo-han as the Japanese general Wakisaka Yasuharu; Kim Sung-kyu as Japanese soldier Junsa; Kim Sung-kyun as Japanese general Kato Yoshiaki; Kim Hyang-gi as a Korean spy in the Japanese military camp, Jeong Bo-reum; and Ok Taec-yeon as Yi Sun-shin's courier Im Joon-young.

"Hansan: Rise of the Dragon" will premiere on July 27.

BY LEE JIAN

source:

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/06/28/entertainment/movies/Korea-Yi-Sunshin-Hansan-Rise-of-the-Dragon/20220628155401799.html

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

0004653501-001-20220708204204707.jpg

20220707000273-0.jpg

Decision to Leave 

(Korea)

Romance

Opened June 29
Directed by Park Chan-wook. 

Hae-jun (Park Hae-il) is a hardworking detective who carries everything he needs in a specially tailored suit with extra pockets. One day, he looks into a suspicious death that occurred on a mountain. Hae-jun comes to suspect the dead man’s wife, the mysterious Seo-rae (Tang Wei), is involved in the crime. As he investigates Seo-rae, the detective becomes drawn to her.

By Song Seung-hyun

'more details'

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/movie/article/109/0004653501

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220707000477&np=1&mp=1

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

From 'A Twisted House' to 'Men' and 'Nob', a horror movie that will blow away the heat this summer is coming.

A Twisted House 

0003220109_001_20220711171701352.jpg?type=w430Photo = Courtesy of Naver Movie

Men 
0003220109_002_20220711171701450.jpg?type=w430

Nob 

0003220109_003_20220711171701543.jpg?type=w430

Spoiler

A Twisted House (July 13)

cms-temp-article-24213647391453.jpg

Men (July 13)

cms-temp-article-24213647393213.jpg

Nob (August 17)

cms-temp-article-24213647389794.jpg

'click on the link below'

source:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

'Hansan: The appearance of Dragon' IMAX release.

The Battle of Hansan in 51 Minute.

Reporter Kim Yu Jin.

Movie 'Hansan: The Appearance of  Dragon' (Director Kim Han-min) has confirmed the simultaneous release of IMAX on the 27th.

mb-1657866946461944.jpg

'tap on the link for more details'

source:

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1604417

Joo Won's Extreme Real Action, Netflix 'Carter' Released in August.

Park Jae Wan.

0000048433-001-20220719093701588.jpg

Netflix 'Carter'

Netflix movie <Carter> has released a press still that captures the extreme real action unfolding in extreme conditions.

Netflix movie <Carter> is a real-time action in which 'Carter', who is put into a mysterious operation, has to recover himself within a given time and succeed in a mission. The published stills catch the eye by foretelling an overwhelming action that goes beyond the limits of 'Carter', who is in an extreme situation.

The steel of 'Carter' (Joo Won), who watches people aiming guns at him without knowing English, raises questions about why he was put into a mysterious operation. Then, on a mission to bring the girl, the only cure for the virus, to North Korea, the scene of 'Carter' fighting with the CIA and the North Korean army or avoiding their pursuit gives breathtaking tension.

0000048433-002-20220719093701656.jpg

Netflix 'Carter'

The sight of narrowly crossing a swing bridge or riding a motorcycle through narrow alleys and mountains adds to the thrill of <Carter> dizzying action, further raising expectations for real action that goes beyond human limitations. In addition, 'Carter', in a high-rise building with a gun, and his back, standing at the edge of a cliff, foretells an exhilarating catharsis through overwhelming scale and spectacular high-altitude action.

Joo Won, who revealed that he went through a 7kg increase and rigorous training to transform into a human weapon that no one can stop, 'Carter'. The splendid and colorful action he will show, who has undergone the most intense transformation in filmography history, will give viewers a sense of immersion that cannot take their eyes off of him for even a moment, and will captivate viewers with a sense of pleasure that has never been felt anywhere else.

Director Jeong Byung Gil real-time action movie <Carter>, which is expected with an extreme action sequence that satisfies the five senses, will be released exclusively through Netflix on August 5th, with lively raw action directing, enthusiastic performances of actors who do not spare the body.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/438/0000048433

• Clapping Hands 1

Song Kang Ho. Im Si Wan 'Emergency Declaration', held a Movie Open Run event with CGV today (20th).

Reporter Jo Ji Young.

2022072001001496100094131-20220720153405

The aviation disaster movie 'Emergency Declaration' (Directed by Han Jae Rim, Produced by MAGNUM 9) will be held today (20th) at 8:30 pm Kakao Shopping Live 'Movie Open Run'.

Starting with the Kakao Shopping Live 'Movie Open Run' launched by CGV, 'Emergency Declaration' visits the audience with various benefits.

'Emergency Declaration' is today, from 8:30 pm KakaoTalk shopping live 'Movie Open Run' will be held. In addition to delivering movie introductions and viewing points in real time through live broadcasting, the 'Emergency Declaration' golden ticket and IMAX and 4DX 1+1 exclusive tickets will also be sold.

In addition, according to the theme of the movie, various products will be sold along with tickets such as first class package, business package, economy package, and in-flight meal  package. 

Kakao Shopping Live 'Movie Open Run', which is arousing curiosity with abundant benefits for prospective audiences, can be participated through 'Shopping Live' on the Kakao Shopping tab, and details can be found on the CGV website and mobile app event page.

In addition, 'Emergency Declaration' is scheduled to release a badge collection featuring the appearance of seven people facing aviation disasters in the movie together with CGV Cineshop, and Oxford Brick Toy of the KI501 airplane model in line with the release date on August 3rd, short-sleeved tee, cap hat and poster.

'Declaration of Emergency' is a work depicting the story of an airplane that has declared an unconditional landing as an unprecedented aviation terrorism. Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Nam Gil, Im Si Wan, Kim So Jin, Park Hae Joon, etc. appeared, and Han Jae Rim, Director of 'The King', 'Contemplative' and 'Elegant World' took the megaphone. It will be released on August 3rd.

source:

https://m.sportschosun.com/

• Clapping Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...

images.jpg

Yonhap News Reporter Kim Jeong Jin.

yna1065624913770303-424.jpg

Movie 'Emergency Declaration' [Courtesy of Showbox]

Films 'Emergency Declaration' and 'Hansan' set off to top box office position.

The aviation disaster movie Emergency Declaration started to take first place at the box office. Emergency Declaration is South Korean film scheduled for theatrical release on August 3, 2022. Directed by Han Jae Rim. Emergency Declaration cast: Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Nam Gil,  Im Si Wan, Kim So Jin and Park Hae Joon.

On the 4th, according to the integrated computer network of movie theater admissions by the Film Promotion Committee, Emergency Declaration gathered 336,000 spectators (46.8% of sales share) on the day before the opening day, beating 'Hansan' (235,000 people) to take first place.

Director Choi Dong Hoon 'Alien + Human', which was released on the 20th of last month, mobilized about 10,000 spectators a day the previous day, and ranked sixth.

Comparing the number of viewers on the first day of release, Emergency Declaration, the third runner out of four great Korean films this summer, is lower than 'Hansan' (about 386,000 people).

In the real time reservation rate at 8 a.m that day, Emergency Declaration was 33.7% (182,000 copies), slightly ahead of 'Hansan' (32.5%). 'Alien + Human' ranked 8th with 1.7% (about 9,000 people).

Spoiler

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179538012081592

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2