No Matter What, 누가 뭐래도 [2020-2021]

40 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Kim Wontae is no better than his wife and Sunny. He took his wife's money while cheating on her. 

Yes, he's actually a much more despicable character than I had first thought. He divorced his wife and willingly abandoned his daughter in order to marry a richer woman. It's probably only because his current wife is sterile that he wants BR back in his life. I'm kind of glad now that his current wife treats him as little better than a servant.

His wife and Sunny are both so shrill!

42 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am starting to like Junsu. His panic attacks are due to being kidnapped in his childhood by Dae Ro's stepdad. Poor guy.

I'm not sure I'm warming up to him yet, but I have more sympathy for him. Plus, he's now being chased by Sunny which automatically gives him more sympathy points. :laugh:

I'm not entirely sure how DR is going to feel though. I still feel the most for this diligent, hardworking, caring man who was an orphan.

44 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

It is not clear that Ah Ri's mom ran away. She lent money to Byori's dad but her husband fought with her for that. May be she didn't betray him after all. Perhaps they got divorced first before she left with Byori's dad? He wad broke then and it seems she gave him money.

I assume there is more to the story, and it will be revealed in time. AR's father does have a bad temper after all, as we're slowly seeing.

So, you have watched BR going to her birth father's for dinner? Grrrrr.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not entirely sure how DR is going to feel though. I still feel the most for this diligent, hardworking, caring man who was an orphan.

I assume there is more to the story, and it will be revealed in time. AR's father does have a bad temper after all, as we're slowly seeing.

So, you have watched BR going to her birth father's for dinner? Grrrrr.

I like Daero too. He is nice and cheerful.

I watched the dinner when Bora's stepmom was so nasty. She even bought flowers from Haeshim to humiliate her. Poor Bora saw the photo's date and knew that her mom sent money to her husband while he was studying in the US and was cheating on her.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 2

Okay, so the birth father meeting the step father was a fake out since it all just passed. 

Some things I'm curious about and some thoughts:

Why is BR's grandfather so mad at BR's mother and new husband? If your daughter has been left a single mother by a dirtbag ex-husband, then shouldn't he be rushing to protect her and support her? What did the new husband do to make the grandfather so mad?

Sunny just gets on my nerves and she has bad manners. And, I resent the implication that it was studying in America that meant she developed such bad manners, when it's actually that her entire family lacks manners.

If Sunny's aunt didn't come from a wealthy family, she wouldn't have a husband. Though that husband deserves the servant treatment that he gets from his wife since he's pretty scummy himself to abandon his daughter and cheat on his wife.

How could anyone think that the "Grandmother" was a woman???? It's requiring too much a suspension of belief to think that he could pass for anything other than a cross-dresser!

I wonder what the additional thing that her mother has to tell BR? Also, what else does her birth father want to tell her?

And, I keep wondering if there is more to the story of AR's mother leaving AR and her father as well.

That's one of the issues with daily dramas, it likes to take its time to tell the story and meander around the various characters. However, saying that, I still don't think there is enough of DR. It was nice of him to take BR home though when she was drunk. Second time giving drunk BR a piggy back ride, I think.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, I keep wondering if there is more to the story of AR's mother leaving AR and her father as well.

Ah Ri's mom is a kind person who helps people in need. I am sure that there's more about her that will be revealed later.

Poor Ah Ri's dad will be totally disappointed in his wife when he learns about her ex-husband. I am starting to soften towards him although I totally rejected his slapping Ah Ri. 

The grandad is old-fashioned. He doesn't accept divorce, that's why he is angry at his daughter. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

The grandad is old-fashioned. He doesn't accept divorce, that's why he is angry at his daughter. 

That's what I had thought as well, that it was about the divorce.

However given that BR's father cheated on BR's mother while she was supporting him through his studies in America, and then had the nerve to divorce her and agree to not see BR as well, I would have thought the grandfather would be angry at his son-in-law rather than his poor daughter.

There had been a dissonance for me with respect to how BR's father had been depicted (as a nice, hen-pecked, indulgent husband and not a bad boss), so it was good to see how selfish and self-centered he could be during his lunch conversation with BR. I was totally with her when she rejected him wholesale and left. It must have been dumbfounding to see her father musing on how his actions of abandoning and neglecting her and her mother may have been to her benefit since she grew up so well. Grrr. How could you say that, and in that way, to your own daughter who you've only just reconnected with.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

oh well....

one thing....im not very sure about JoonSo....which sister does he like?

i wouldnt worried about Sunny, it was obvious that JoonSo couldnt stand the girl

Yes but Sunny is wicked, she will give Ah Ri a hard time. Junsu liked Bora in childhood, they are friends, but love is another story 

• Like 1

I'm struggling with this one for a number of reasons.

1. Byeol's dad dressed as a woman. This is just too ridiculous, and every time I see everyone accepting her as a woman, it just makes me think that they are all a little bit lacking.

2. The romantic entanglements are getting on my nerves. So, Joon Su dated Sunny when they were in the States to the point that they lived together even, but then they broke up. They both came back to Korea where JS doesn't want to have anything to do with Sunny, but she's still trying to get him no matter what he says. He's said clearly that he doesn't want anything to do with her, but she won't listen, of course. BR has a crush on JS as well, and it looks as if she's finally asked him to date, but he's turned her down as well. I guess they've dragged out BR's crush on JS long enough. Is JS and AR ever going to get started, if they're supposed to end up together?

3. DR has a separate story line all together. I'm not sure if the man dressed as "grandma" is also supposed to be DR's birth father. But, I find myself not really caring about DR's story, even though he's one of the reasons why I started watching this drama. It feels as if all the drama has been around BR and SN.

4. The adult story lines are kind of boring. SN's aunt is just shriek-y and mean.

5. Also, not sure where the humor in this drama is supposed to be. I hope it's not supposed to be the ridiculous man dressed as a woman, because if so, it's falling flat.

It just feels as if this drama is slow moving. Also, people decide not to tell other people things just because, but then get upset about it? I don't know.

@Nohamahmoud2002, are you still watching this, and more importantly, are you enjoying it?

@NiteWalker, I see you've started watching this as well. Are you enjoying it?

Am I missing something in this drama?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

@NiteWalker, I see you've started watching this as well. Are you enjoying it?

well i only focus on ARi and JoonSo....

i dont really like BoRa as i find she fit the image of a spoil brat more hahahahaha

however yea i do enjoy it to a certain extend, one of my main complain is not much on JoonSo with ARi, i want more of them together

• Like 2
On 12/9/2020 at 8:30 AM, stroppyse said:

@Nohamahmoud2002, are you still watching this, and more importantly, are you enjoying it?

I am watching, but it is rather slow. I like Haeshim and her husband the most, they are a wonderful couple.

Ah Ri's pregnancy isnt really a good reason for Junsu to warm up towards her, it is not romantic at all.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am watching, but it is rather slow. I like Haeshim and her husband the most, they are a wonderful couple.

Ah Ri's pregnancy isnt really a good reason for Junsu to warm up towards her, it is not romantic at all.

Agree on both points.

I keep thinking that now BR has definitively been rejected by SJ, that the drama could move her along so that the romance with DR could start to take place?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Btw, did you notice that Sunny's aunt recognizes some resemblance between the cross dresser and her former boyfriend? This is really complicated.

Yes! I wasn't expecting the aunt to have dated the cross dresser before! That puts yet another twist into things. Plus, as DR said, the aunt seemed like a totally different person when she was asking for word of her ex-bf. Not sure where the drama is going to go with this.

The relationships seem pretty twisted. I almost want a new relationship chart for all these relationships that are being revealed!

Heck, I didn't even see the plot line that SN had lived with JS in the US coming until they threw that in. I wonder if they're writing to try to spice up the story lines to improve ratings?

• Like 2
On 12/12/2020 at 3:34 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

yes i have to agree on this....i dont like the idea of Ari's pregnancy was the reason to tie them together.....sigh....oh well i guess we need them to start somewhere and a wrong footing might just be the right footing sometimes

• Like 1