No Matter What, 누가 뭐래도 [2020-2021]

BDXOq_4f.jpg

A family drama depicting the story of a flower shop full of beautiful flowers 365 days a year as children who have suffered divorce and remarriage from their parents fight against the prejudice of the world and overcome hardships facing work and love fiercely

Source https://namu.wiki/w/누가 뭐래도

'No Matter What' is intended to provide laughter and emotion with humorous characters about the extended family whose boundaries have widened through divorce and remarriage.

source http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/program/view.php?pg_seq=1516

note: this drama replaces Brilliant Heritage, it airs on KBS1 Monday-Friday starting date on 12th October 

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
Modification
  • Like 1

Main Role

Na Hye Mi in No Matter What They Say Korean Drama (2020)Na Hye Mi Joo Bo Ra
Choi Woong in No Matter What They Say Korean Drama (2020)Choi Woong Kang Dae Ro
Jung Min Ah in No Matter What They Say Korean Drama (2020)Jung Min Ah Shin Ah Ri

Jung Heon in No Matter What They Say Korean Drama (2020)Jung Heon Na Joon Soo

Support Role

Support role
Jang Sung Yoon as Eun Bi
Oh Chae Yi as Yoon Ga Eun
Kim Jin Woo as Seol JungHoon
Jo Yoo Jung as Joo Noh Rang
Ryu Eui Hyun as Joo Cho Rok
Yoon Bok In as Choi Eun Sook
Gil Yong Woo asJoo Don Sang

Son Chang Min as Ha Cheol Bin

Kim Na Woon as Noh Ji Sook
Ahn Nae Sang as Cha Dan Seok
Sa Mi Ja as Sa Dan Wol
Jung Han Yong as Yoon Gang Seok
Choi Wan Jung as Hong Jae Sook
Lee Hye Sook as Seol Hye Yeon
Moon Hee Kyung asHong Ae Sook
Kim Young Ok as Ham Sun Yi
Park Hae Mi as Ryu Song Mi
Cha Seung Woo as Cha Ki Wan / Son Tae Ram
Do Ji Won as Hae Shim
Jo Mi Ryung as Lee Ji Ran
Lee Kan Hee as Jung Nan Young
Kim Seung Wook as  Na Seung Jin
Kim Yoo Suk as Shin Joong Han
Seo Tae Hwa as Kim Won Tae

Park Chul Min as Han Eok Shim

• Like 1

@stroppyse I watched the first 5 episodes, I like it. I  found that description 

There are four young men and women who try to fiercely overcome the difficulties while fighting against the prejudices of the world. Bo Ra, a rising weather caster, Dae Ro, a passionate delivery boy and a youth creator, Ah Ri, a fearless broadcasting writer, and Jun Soo, sharp-tempered but competent CEO of a start-up. The fierce process of these four youth’s growth takes place at a beautiful flower shop. Watching Bo Ra who gives the weather forecast every dawn is Dae Ro’s only healing time during his hectic life as an orphan, delivery boy, and creator. One day, he attends a ceremony as a winner which Bo Ra hosts. It is a family drama that depicts how they form a connection and overcome difficulties with a warm gaze.

• Like 1

Just caught the first couple of episodes, and Ah Ri is such a brat! I get it that she's bitter over her mother leaving, but she's so thoughtless towards the stepmother who seems to have fully embraced her as a daughter. Don't know yet if Bo Ra also has character flaws (my guess is yes), but Ah Ri is the one who has annoyed me.

Also, I'm thinking that Bo Ra probably has a crush on Joon Soo who is going to come to like Ah Ri, while poor Dae Ro keeps crushing on Bo Ra. Is that pretty much it?

Then again, it seems like a solid family drama, but it's also a daily so who knows what craziness is going to result?

• Haha 1
On 10/20/2020 at 2:27 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Yes, Ah Ri isn't very nice with her kind stepmom, she also doesn't forgive her birth mother who got remarried and left her, but her story seems more interesting than Bora's. I like Dae Ro, he is so kind towards the grandpa. 

Yes, Dae Ro seems to be a real sweetie. Joon Soo seems okay as well, even if he grew up in a relatively well off family.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Seems that Dae Ro is half-brother to  Byeo Ri. 

I think Sunny might fall in love with Joon Soo, as he is her neighbor. If so, there will be so many complications 

I haven't quite caught up. I wasn't expecting AR's mother to die like that and leave Byeol with AR.

I think that Dae Ro clearly has a crush on Bo Ra who has a crush on Joon Soo who will develop an attraction to Ah Ri. Sunny will probably also develop a crush on Joon Soo since they've both been educated in the US as well as being neighbors, so Sunny will find commonalities. That will complicate things for Joon Soo. Wondering when BR will see what a good guy DR is.

Thanks for the compilation of the fathers. It can get a bit confusing with so many different fathers and stepfathers going around!

• Clapping Hands 1

@Nohamahmoud2002, I'm currently on episode 6, and it's actually really annoying me how much AR is lying to everyone about Byeolie. Does this resolve quickly or does get dragged out? Actually, I'm still finding AR to be really annoying since her first instinct seems to be to lie about everything and only think about herself.

The fact that she takes Byeolie with her rather than letting Social Services take her at least says that she's not completely self-centered, but then she dumps Byeol onto her stepmother to go to work which is understandable, but the fact that when she quits and leaves work, she then goes to drink herself into a stupor isn't.

So, does this resolve quickly and AR start becoming more likable, or is she going to continue to be a witch for these opening episodes?

• Like 2
On 10/26/2020 at 1:32 AM, stroppyse said:

So, does this resolve quickly and AR start becoming more likable, or is she going to continue to be a witch for these opening episodes?

In my opinion, Ah Ri is a frustrated angry woman. She is sad because her biological mom left her. She doesn't get along with her family, but she loves her sister. I won't spoil the drama for you, but you will see how she really loves her sister, somehow I find Ah Ri more complex than Bora.

As for Bora, she is cockish, she has a very high opinion of herself. I prefer Ah Ri because I like the actress, she is talented. 

Bora's mom is so kind. I don't like Ah Ri's dad. In episode 10, Ah Ri's lies are disclosed, there is no dragging, so I think you can continue watching :)

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

In my opinion, Ah Ri is a frustrated angry woman. She is sad because her biological mom left her. She doesn't get along with her family, but she loves her sister. I won't spoil the drama for you, but you will see how she really loves her sister, somehow I find Ah Ri more complex than Bora.

As for Bora, she is cockish, she has a very high opinion of herself. I prefer Ah Ri because I like the actress, she is talented. 

Bora's mom is so kind. I don't like Ah Ri's dad. In episode 10, Ah Ri's lies are disclosed, there is no dragging, so I think you can continue watching :)

I agree with you that AR is a frustrated, angry woman. That's good that she loves her little sister at least since she doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to be nice to anyone else, no matter how nice they may be to her. I don't think anger excuses being rude and self-centered.

I do think the actress depicting AR seems more accomplished than the actress depicting BR who seems a bit unsure of herself still. As for the character of BR, she's also rather self-centered and full of herself, but at least she loves her mother and grandfather, and respects her step-father.

BR's mom is very kind. I don't mind AR's dad so far. His reactions, especially his exasperation over AR seem natural to me. She's still living in his home after all. For AR to constantly be rude and then from his POV to come and go as she pleases without any consideration for the family, including spending the entire night out, and bringing home a random little girl for them to take care of and then disappearing again, is really unacceptable behavior. But, perhaps other things happen that drive your dislike of AR's dad.

Okay, I'll watch to episode 11 and see where it goes from there. There is always a ff option after all. 

I do like DR a lot, though. So far, DR and BR's mother are my two favorite characters. But, perhaps I just like nice people. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How much do I hate Sunny's aunt? And, I'm not that fond of Sunny either. That whole family seem to be users of others.

Then again, this drama, in some ways, seems to be about hurt feelings and inadvertent lies surrounding the fathers in this drama. AR and Byul's father who can't seem to claim his daughters because he's still running away from debt collectors. BR's mother who has been disowned by her father, though, I'm still not sure why. Especially, since the grandfather seems like such a good guy the way he dotes on BR not to mention DR and his friend. AR's father is still bitter over AR's mother leaving him and AR to run off with another man, and now he can't believe that he's being asked to raise his unfaithful wife's child by another man. I'm not sure there is more to the story than that? And, BR's father wants so much to have some connection with his daughter, even though it seems that he traded BR and her mother in order to marry a rich family (Sunny's aunt) who basically treats him like a servant. Heck, Sunny's aunt is nicer and more caring towards her car than to her husband! Though the aunt also fawns over Sunny a lot.

I still like Dae Ro a log, plus his relationship with his friend who is also his Wonky Brothers partner is pure bromance, not to mention the grandfather.

Not sure that I care that much for Joon Soo or Bo Ra, as yet. At best, BR is inoffensive. JS is a bit of a jerk to everyone except BR and his parents.

I also like BR's mother who is just so sweet and understanding that she's near being a saint.

The actor playing Byul is an impressive child actor.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, stroppyse said:

@Nohamahmoud2002, are you still watching this then? I'm slowly catching up on this drama. Agree with you that Sunny's aunt is just grrr. :mad:

I watch on TV which is one week late. Kim Wontae is no better than his wife and Sunny. He took his wife's money while cheating on her. 

I am starting to like Junsu. His panic attacks are due to being kidnapped in his childhood by Dae Ro's stepdad. Poor guy.

It is not clear that Ah Ri's mom ran away. She lent money to Byori's dad but her husband fought with her for that. May be she didn't betray him after all. Perhaps they got divorced first before she left with Byori's dad? He wad broke then and it seems she gave him money.

• Like 2