Strangers 2 / 비밀의 숲 시즌2 [2020]

UnniSara

GQzwm5HKALuugqu4fDKIW89H7uKs-BDw_pg5rLyUBroadcast Starion : TVN 

Schedule: 2020-08-15 to 2020-10-04 

Saturday & Sunday, 2100

Airing: NetFlix  Nationwide  & TVN

Duration: 60 minutes

About the Show :  The prosecutor's office and the police find themselves on opposing sides. The prosecutors, including elite prosecutor Woo Tae Ha, want discretionary power over investigations. Meanwhile, the police, including Choi Bit, tries to get complete investigative authority that is independent of the prosecutor's office. Under this tense situation, Prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok and Detective Han Yeo Jin chase after the truth in a hidden case. 
Source : Asianwiki

Genre: Thriller  Drama  Investigation  Drama  Crime 

• Like 10
  • Star Struck 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Basic Information              

Production:
Episodes: 16
Director: Park Hyun Suk 
Screenwriter: Lee Soo Yeon

Main Cast 
04lVQ0ZtMjmzvCaRGG9g3zViRpPrrhSha3xpodDxCho Sung Woo- Hwang Shi-Mok  (37  

gb-iHGebkR_ZgGhIEJrUz_Yt7svG__9GENgSoocuBae Doona- Han Yeo- Jin  (32) /Inspector

lVmRRWhT5E56VifPz9Nd8weyw_KgCCL_zHF63qlfYoon Se Ah- Lee Yeon Jae (early 40's)

8VNEa3jTNZX-u-hUVZt-qET68aAyLx3qzWHWuR1EJeon Hye-Jin - Choi Bit   ( Early 40's)

NjxkVGhl7CFTyBZXq4v-JVqjCl1kcVUJSasvKxx-Choi Moo-Sung- Woo Tae-Ha  (Late 40's)

zMfqeCUdN8mxUeps0YZ9u6dJMvxKYq6czytB-ii4Lee Joon-Hyuk- Seo Dong Jae  (Mid 40's)

Supporting Cast
Park Sung-Geun- Kang Won-Cheol  (50) 
Kim Young-Jae- Kim Sa Hyun
Kim Young-Jae- Kim Sa Hyun
Park Ji-Young- Jung Min-Ha  (28)
 Kim Young-Jae- Kim Sa Hyun (mid 40"s)  

Song Ji Ho- Park Soon-Chang 
Jeon Bae Soo - Choi Yoon Soo 
Yu Seun II - Heo Yoon Hwa
Kim Bum Soo - Kim Soo Hang
Lee Ga Sub - Song Ki Hyun
Jong Seo Joon 

Character Relation CHart 

1iUyjOx5pv_QfaM2p1GwgRX0dlxj4s2U-Aeur6Zd

Trailers:

First| Second 

• Like 6

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

비밀의 숲 2  OST

Check OST 

1. 비밀의 숲 2 OST Overture 

2.  비밀의 숲 2 OST Part 1

Where to watch  NetFLix | VIU | 

Episode Ratings

Episode 1  ( Ratings) 9.102% ( Seoul)   7.627%  (Nationwide)

Episode 2 (Ratings)   7.585% ( Seoul)      6.415%  (Nationwide)

Episode 3 (Ratings)   8.190&  ( Seoul)     6.415% (Nationwide)

Episode 4 (Ratings)   7.378% ( Seoul)    6.442% (Nationwide)

Episode 5 ( Ratings)  7.070%  (Seoul)  6.041%  ( Nationwide)

Episode 6 ( Ratings)  7.487% ( Seoul)  6.281% (Nationwide)

Episode 7 (Ratings)   6.95% ( Seoul)    6.50% (Nationwide)

Episode 8 ( Ratings)  8.85% (Seoul)     7.49%  (Nationwide)

Episode 9 (Ratings)   8.553% (Seoul)    7.203% (Nationwide)

• Like 6

Behind the scenes features
Interview with the main cast  

Edited by UnniSara
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On August 10, Netflix announced that they will release tvN’s new weekend drama Stranger 2, starring Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na, around the world from August 15.

According to Netflix, Stranger 2 will be released at 10:30 p.m. KST (after the regular broadcast in Korea) in Asia, America, and Latin America. In other regions, the entire series will be released simultaneously on October 11.

Stranger 2 tells the story of solitary prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok (Jo Seung Woo) and detective Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doo Na) meeting once again when the prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides, and approaching the truth of the concealed cases.

Previously, the first season of Strangerswept various awards, including the Grand Prize in the 1st The Seoul Awards Drama category and the Grand Prize in TV category at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards, and was named the Top 10 Best International TV Show by the New York Times in 2017.
Source :  
https://zapzee.net/2020/08/10/stranger-2-to-be-released-worldwide-through-netflix/

Cr to owner

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Announcement Stranger 2
D1 Till it airs 

Detailed Event plan for Stranger2 2020/08/15- 2020/08/16 

To support the Cast of Stranger 2

• Like 3

Stranger 2 Press Conference Questions and Answers translated

• Like 3

Opening theme to Stranger2

ApSgujhIVwAT6bTS8z8SzOt1e_gSJLH6e1RZaGrL

Prosecutor Shi Mok is working a case alone as always 

Spoiler

9Bvnt1MVBDBLGM39pyojeudKBpMqEGTuvY2Cal_0

Senior Investigator Jan Yeon Ji  is working a case she shouldn't

Spoiler

3c-GMBUKq-kA0VeUE0HQ5EmVHjcwQXYedplSlkmi

VAryPNvwP1NpYZslziYTB3z9artYRY1eWnXXobQX

• Like 4

Enjoyed the 1st episode . Though I think if I were to be very honest, it lacks a bit of suspense. Possibly because in S1 , discovering who Shi mok was and his condition was one of the highlights for me .

Anyway for S2 , it seems that  the central conflict for this season will be the power struggle between the Prosecutors  and the Police . The Police want to take back some autonomy for themselves. SK has got to be one of the few countries in the world where the Prosecution office is as powerful, if not more so than the police . Having seen  a lot of k - legal dramas , I’m always wondering why the Prosecutors themselves have their own investigators . So this means they don’t really need to coordinate with  or depend on  the police , and it seems they  can override the authority of the police force. 

This twitter thread has a very good write up on the legal jurisdiction in SK

Spoiler

And in eps 1 , the battle btwn the two law enforcement agencies is being made public. The prosecution office is suspected of spinning articles and leaking information about police incompetence. Yeo Jin now works for the National Police Agency , and reports to Choi Bit. The introduction of Choi Bit’s character was the highlight of eps 1 . So Choi Bit is keen on “repaying the favor “ by doing some mud slinging in the press as well but YJ would rather highlight what the cops did well instead of bringing the Prosecution office down  While I expect some conflict between the two ladies, I think Choi Bit likes the person that Yeo Jin is. YJ seems a little out of place in her new post and it is clear she misses doing detective work . Her instincts were on point in the beach case . 

Anyway, looking forward to eps 2 where I’ll get to see my dear weasel Seo Dong Jae 

You definitely want to slap this face 😆

Spoiler

BTS stills of Shi Mok

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I'm with @abs-oluteM about episode 1-2 of Season 2.

I believe Season 1 started off stronger and much more engaging.

Season 2 is hard-core political and from the very first scene we have to pay detailed attention to what's on the radio and what's on the news. It was tough following on them, and even now I'm not sure I absorbed all the infos.

I'm also a bit confused as to is this plot based on before the Prosecution lost their power (in real life) or just before. Definitely very very heavy on politics and politics is where I'm not familiar with. That's all for now because I kept getting paged at Dabang!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@Ameera there's a running joke on twitter among korean and international fans that Shi Mok never gets to finish his food...

By the way @UnniSara I found this character chart in English

Spoiler

ehhhh @SilverMoonTea this has subs...you will sure need for your shipper's thread

You know who I need to gif...my oppa, the salesman...honestly, don't you feel like slapping SDJ...still because I am bias, I like his scenes. He is still so handsome...no, I think he's even more handsome this season 😄

On 8/17/2020 at 10:11 PM, mademoisellesia said:

'm also a bit confused as to is this plot based on before the Prosecution lost their power (in real life) or just before

Basically the Prosecution in SK is very powerful and they can override Police authority . So that's why there's a constant power struggle between the two enforcement agencies. The police want to have back some autonomy as their investigations are often wasted effort as the Prosecution will overrule their decisions. Both agencies constantly accuse each other of corruption to undermine each other's  influence and authority. So this joint committee they are setting up is supposedly to repair the damaged relationship and come to a truce ...which of course isn't gonna happen easily since both Choi Bit and Chief Woo have been thinking rather strategically about who they are gonna have in the committee.

I find Choi Bit's character rather fascinating. I don't know if she has skeletons in her cupboard, though smarmy salesman Dong Jae seems to have dirt in that department. But I do think she's very shrewd and knows how to play dirty too. Going to see the dead boy's father and holding a press con after that was rather sneaky but smart.  On the surface it would seem that Chief Woo would be her nemesis , but I have a suspicion they will have each other's back later on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 minutes ago, -StrongTower- said:

I hope Shi Mok gets to eat a full meal next time

Our Shi Mok never get the chance to have a hearty meal. I am hoping for the same thing. 

once I finish collecting my thought , then I will write my impression of Episode 1 &2z 

Everyone please write your impression of Episode 1 &2 

@abs-oluteM I posted it on discord DM but can’t post it here. I will ask permission from the the owner of if I can post it. It asked us not to repost it. Maybe I can persuade this person to join us here since they get a lot of info on the drama and cast. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tbh, I'm still 'feeling' the second season. Episodes 1&2 were not that stirring as compared to the first two episodes of Season 1. 

They made use of the eps 1&2 to lay the story's foundation. I bet it's gonna pick up its pace on episode 4. 

• Like 5

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

@abs-oluteM 

My verdict on the show :

• The cases on the dark foggy sea was quite fascinating. So there is actually no active murderer, but just a gross negligance that causing life lost. The dark setting and the background music all felt very cohesive, I felt it was like crime novel brought into a life. 

• The theme of police & prosecutor fighting for independence right to investigate is not so new. Many dramas have brought this before. But I do have hope there might be a plot twist into it later. Choi Bit does sound suspicious, but suspect it might not all that. She's also kind of supportive to Yeo Jin in a way. And Tae Ha also might have his own agenda as well. As S1 idea was there is no one real bad or real good, and even the main villain was actually have a decent ideas for justice. 

• On the lighter note, so Yeo Jin and Shi Mok have not met for 2 years I guess? Btw, he's not keeping the smiley pictures in his desk anymore? Ha! I hope he does. And since he's not going to stay in his old apartment, I guess she can't just visit him freely like last time lols. Hmm yeah you all get me. Shipper start talking here haha.... 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif