Strangers 2 / 비밀의 숲 시즌2 [2020]

UnniSara

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Basically the Prosecution in SK is very powerful and they can override Police authority . So that's why there's a constant power struggle between the two enforcement agencies. The police want to have back some autonomy as their investigations are often wasted effort as the Prosecution will overrule their decisions. Both agencies constantly accuse each other of corruption to undermine each other's  influence and authority. So this joint committee they are setting up is supposedly to repair the damaged relationship and come to a truce ...which of course isn't gonna happen easily since both Choi Bit and Chief Woo have been thinking rather strategically about who they are gonna have in the committee.

I find Choi Bit's character rather fascinating. I don't know if she has skeletons in her cupboard, though smarmy salesman Dong Jae seems to have dirt in that department. But I do think she's very shrewd and knows how to play dirty too. Going to see the dead boy's father and holding a press con after that was rather sneaky but smart.  On the surface it would seem that Chief Woo would be her nemesis , but I have a suspicion they will have each other's back later on.

I read on Weibo a post mentioning that President Moon has changed this. The bill was passed so now the Prosecution and Police force are to work together as equal, unlike how it used to be. The post thus said, SF2 must be basing its story around this. When I read it the poster wrote it in the way that SF2's story must be set in when the change took effect. Based on episode 2, it appears this is based on before the bill was passed by the politicians (I don't remember what's the name of the parties etc lol). They went through a few rounds (in real life) so not even sure which round is SF2 based on. From what I can gather, Prosecution is definitely doing whatever they can to stop this from happening and Shi Mok and Yeo Jin are stuck in a hard rock and place. Nooooooo. I want to see them eat together again like in SF1!

I am curious where Shi Mok's stand in this one. I know Yeo Jin would obviously want to fight for "equality".

Both Choi Bit and Chief Woo are fishy to me. SF1 taught us that 😛 and by the way, the Chinese community has a nickname for Seo Dong Jae. They called him "glare-glare" (瞪瞪)coz of his eyes 🤣

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteM 

My verdict on the show :

• The cases on the dark foggy sea was quite fascinating. So there is actually no active murderer, but just a gross negligance that causing life lost. The dark setting and the background music all felt very cohesive, I felt it was like crime novel brought into a life. 

• The theme of police & prosecutor fighting for independence right to investigate is not so new. Many dramas have brought this before. But I do have hope there might be a plot twist into it later. Choi Bit does sound suspicious, but suspect it might not all that. She's also kind of supportive to Yeo Jin in a way. And Tae Ha also might have his own agenda as well. As S1 idea was there is no one real bad or real good, and even the main villain was actually have a decent ideas for justice. 

• On the lighter note, so Yeo Jin and Shi Mok have not met for 2 years I guess? Btw, he's not keeping the smiley pictures in his desk anymore? Ha! I hope he does. And since he's not going to stay in his old apartment, I guess she can't just visit him freely like last time lols. Hmm yeah you all get me. Shipper start talking here haha.... 

The foggy scene - the whole time I thought someone was going to appear in front of Shi Mok's car or Shi Mok is going to hit someone. I was bracing for a scary moment 😄 

Really? They didn't meet up at all for 2 years? What is wrong with them, LOL. That's not very nice to the shippers 🤭😝 I really do hope the Show is just trolling us and them being on opposite side will not last too long in the whole season.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

They called him "glare-glare" (瞪瞪)coz of his eyes 🤣

So cute ...i'll call him my glare-glare oppa from now on 😉

yay...drama and our leads are getting good buzz...even glare glare oppa 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 8/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Did you hear/see about his one take, no NG saleman scene? We're allow to paste link, right?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEBRkR8J7_4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Yes links allowed. Just no embedding 

@Ameera they are playing Mafia game here like In Hospital Playlist . Though till today I hv no idea how it works

This has subs 

https://youtu.be/7ArVYe_Q1HU

(embedding is not allowed by content owner)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Stranger2 MV 

Preview for episode 3 

Spoiler

@abs-oluteM I think their links can no longer be embedded into a forum for some reasons 

@mademoisellesia Thank you for the link

@Ameera Thank you for the GiF . Good to see you 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 8/20/2020 at 3:12 AM, UnniSara said:

Stranger2 MPreview for episode 3 

@abs-oluteM I think their links can no longer be embedded into a forum for some reasons 

@mademoisellesia Thank you for the link

@Ameera Thank you for the GiF . Good to see you 

Oh ? Okay I’ll just leave it as a link instead of embedding 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, -StrongTower- said:

Have you guys finished watching Ep 3?

Will watch it later.

I just did. Not exactly the most interesting or exciting episode. I was fighting not to fall asleep (especially after lunch). Shi Mok is so cute trying to chew full of wasabi organ. Anyone knows what he was eating? The two sunbae are annoying. I wanted them to shut up and let Shi Mok talk.

Sigh, an episode without Shi Mok and Yoo Jin interaction. Seo Dong Jae could sell any souls, be careful @abs-oluteM

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

@Ameera don't worry about consecutive posting...it will be on automerge from now for any post within 10 mins . So just post ...usual 3 images , 4th one onwards in spoiler.

@mademoisellesia yet to watch ....but I am sure you know this man is shameless

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

I just finished season 1!!! Oh my gosh.

I can finally join everyone here from next week haha. Don’t think there have been any big spoilers so far on the thread except that Shimok is still not getting to eat fully??😂

Btw, anyone knows where I can find behind-the-scenes for season 1? I’d like to watch those!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, im0202 said:

I just finished season 1!!! Oh my gosh.

I can finally join everyone here from next week haha. Don’t think there have been any big spoilers so far on the thread except that Shimok is still not getting to eat fully??😂

Btw, anyone knows where I can find behind-the-scenes for season 1? I’d like to watch those!

So glad you caught up @im0202 . Can’t wait for your opinions.  Check on YouTube for BTS . I don’t think there was any though. 
@mademoisellesia I think you may have had a high expectation for this season, that maybe why it is just okay. 

• Like 8

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Finally finished watching ep 3. 

I'm loving this season 2! I love how it started with a seemingly not so complicated case (although I agree that this might have some sort of connections to whatever cases they deal with later on). 

But the current case (of the police officer who was said to kill himself) is really interesting. 

Also, I have a feeling that while the council is formed for the police and prosecution to battle the investigative authority issue, they might actually end up working together to solve this current case??? Then they'll be such that of the A-Team (but please..just don't give me anymore Yoon se won). 

What to say about Seo Dong Jae. LOL. I'd think he'd have a good bromance with Shi Mok this season. Let's see. 

Can't wait to watch ep 4 but that'll have to wait till tomorrow! 

🤠

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

I agree with @SnowBlob that I'm also loving Season 2, having finally caught up. As with Season 1, there is a lot more than meets the eyes.

With regards to the first case of the boys drowning, it felt both simple and complicated, and I think there may be more coming up with respect to that case, given that SM still wants to be updated on the progress of that case. Even though that case may already have served it's primary purpose of showing the issues with influence within the prosecutorial service. 

The events surrounding the decision not to prosecute the couple highlights demonstrates that influence as well as the issue of prosecutors and other public officials going from their jobs to private/commercial jobs where they can use their knowledge, connections, and influence from their public servant jobs to get the outcomes that they want. Despite a law which apparently prohibits public figures from taking on certain corporate jobs within 3 years of leaving their public posts, Yeon Jae said it best: Who would want them 3 years after their retirements when they no longer have the connections or the influence.

I'm actually finding the maneuvering between the Prosecutors and the Police interesting despite it being a bit heavy. Neither side are laden with pure angels, especially in the higher ups. Rather, it is a combination of self-interest, self-preservation, as well as an attitude of knowing what's best for everyone that seems to compel them to clash again and again.

As for SM and Yeo Jin, while they may not have met, they seemed to have stayed in contact since they are still at ease with each other. Even though, they are now representing different sides at the negotiations, I trust that they will continue to work with each other, given their respect and affection for each other. And, yes, while SM may not be able to express feelings or even be able to feel most emotions, he does seem to have developed a partiality towards Yeo Jin which to me seems very much like affection. What's going to be interesting is that SM is still not inclined to any more verbiage than necessary, though he is so perceptive, while YJ is the one who seems to feel a new reticence/reserve around SM since they are on opposite sides of the negotiating table. Anyway, I'm still hoping for progress on their personal relationship front. I mean, YJ is the only friend that SM has really!

As for Lee Joon Hyuk, I'm in such total awe at his acting abilities. Seo Dong Jae comes across as far more complex a character than in Season 1, so I'm hoping that he'll get a bigger role this season. SDJ is still smarmy and slimy it's true, and I wouldn't have expected his base character to have changed that much. It's hard for people to change. However, Season 1 did make him face up to some hard truths, so I'm not expecting Season 2 SDJ to just reprise his self from Season 1. There are hints that he is evolving, so looking forward to more from him as he and SM work together on the case in hand.

Still haven't watched ep 4, so I just need to make time to do so. Can't wait.

6 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I think it's heavy on politics. Season 1 was more concentrated on solving the murder case first then slowly it becomes political.

Yes, I agree that it started with the politics very quickly. I'm not sure that this series can stand on its own without having watched Season 1.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1