Strangers 2 / 비밀의 숲 시즌2 [2020]

UnniSara

Ep 4 thoughts

I’m suffering from a lack of SM/YJin scenes in general, though I love everything else about this drama right now. Every character feels like a fleshed out, complex character with various motivations for why they act the way they do and for what they think.

The most straightforward character may be the other junior prosecutor who is on the prosecutor team of the police-prosecutor negotiations. He is just straight out defending his corner, pouncing on every advantage that he can, both for himself and for the prosecutorial tradition.

My favorite scene was probably the scene at the negotiation table where SM is quick to take everything in, though he doesn’t say very much nor even acknowledge what he’s noticed. When SM finally does speak, it’s to point out some very reasonable points. It’s actually not a matter of who is able to ask for and get the warrants from the judge. It’s a question of having a system which prevents abuses of power. If they’re going to change the system, then the new system should be noticeably better.

As usual, though, the prosecutors try to use that to shore up their assertion that it shouldn’t be changed, and that the prosecutors, especially since it is headed by a high level political position should be the ones to guard the process still. The police, unfortunately, take SM’s words as a defense of leaving the status quo.

The case of the policeman who committed suicide or was murdered is interesting in its own right. I don’t think his colleagues killed him, but it’s good that the bullying and the corruption that had been going on are coming to the fore. It’s an example of SM’s earlier thoughts that even if people ultimately win at the trial, just going through the process itself will cause them to reflect, whereas by sidestepping everything, they will probably cause similar if not worse accidents since they now have proof that they do not have to pay for their misdeeds. Anyway, not all policemen bind themselves to what they should do versus protecting their own interests or their power, either, so, the deeper conversation of how you check those in power still remains.

I’m always in awe of how much JSW brings to a character who is so reticent to speak. While it is hard to know what SM is actually thinking, of course, the satisfaction from Season 1, which extends to Season 2 is that SM will do the right thing as he sees it without any fuss or fanfare, unswayed by emotional pleas or fear for this job or anything like that.

BDN's YJ is as feisty and as smart as ever. I enjoy her character so much, especially as she brings new beats of coming to awareness of how much she had enjoyed being on her old squad before. While what she's doing now is a promotion and more exposure, it's not a job that she is doing because she enjoys it, but because she believes in it. At heart, she's a crime fighter rather than a paper pusher politician, and while she can thoroughly prepare herself in her current role to tackle what may come, we feel for her as she staves off the loneliness of her current position.

Seo Dong Jae is still a wheeler-dealer, and while we don't know exactly what he may be up to as yet, he's pretty darn funny as well as clever in his scheming. LJH was able to make me despise DJ for most of Season 1 with his seemingly backstabbing ways, but still brought him back from the brink of being an unpalatable character. In Season 2, perhaps because I still have some affection for him, I don't think he's completely backslid, regardless of what seems to be going on with his running around trying to position himself. As @jeijei mentions above, however, DJ's shamelessness is pure entertainment for both Season 1 and now Season 2.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

one question do i have to watch S1 to make head and tails of s2 or i can just jump in?

The story lines are different but watching S1 does give you a good idea of how the characters are connected. And gives you some background to the characters motivations and personality. I think S2 is easier to follow. 

BTS stills

Spoiler

@Ameera ...look at my oppa ...lol...I can't hate him

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

any romance involved in any of the characters?

Actually nothing really in your face but ahem...we have many shippers of the main leads

...just ask @SilverMoonTea...

I think the "bromance" is much stronger  😄

gif credit : Kojiseok on Tumblr

e12009bece605ce52f261f85be3e3161712be0be

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

After watching episode 3-4 I find myself loving it more and more. 

I have theories and suspicions.  

Theories

Spoiler

I suspect Seo Dong Jae may end up dying. THis season he has become a bit more desperate with this eagerness to become suscessfull by any means necessary. He doesn't take into account his question are arousing suspicions and now the Police knows that they are looking into the case. He has been leaving bed crumbs everywhere and he may find something so juicy that will lead him to the wrong person he chooses to make a deal with. 

Shi Mok and Han Yeo Jin  are being used because of their character or maybe I am reading to much into this situation. I feel that they will be using each other but ultimately work together to solve the case. Each of their beliefs through experience will blind them for a while until they they "THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM". But isn't ironic that both of them work in a place that dislike them and are outcast. 

There will be three cases that will be investigated that has been closed " Special treatment" 2 are by cops and one for prosecution.

I am kinda bothered at the way Choi Bit and Woo Tae-Ha were at each other's throat in the meeting but actually have respect for each other. 

Episode 3-4 

Was nicely written and I love the way Shi Mok handled Lee Jeon Jae. Put her in her place but this rendezvous will bite him in the arse later on. But knowinf Shi Mok it won’t phase him at all. 

Kang Won-Cheol will get his karma soon for the special treatment for the Drowning case. The meeting with Oh Joo-Sun touched a raw nerve and I can’t wait to see that nerve be played with. He may end up having to give another special treatment later on . 

The way Shi Mok profiles the victims last moment is scary. I wished he did the re-enactment of the crime  with someone he trusts because he can get hurt. I don’t trust Shi Mok’s team either. Too early to trust them. 

Han Yeo Jin misses her old squad and they miss her. Every time they catch a case she instinctively follows them. Lol lol  I kinda feel bad for her. I don’t trust the team she is working with.

I really like the way the writer is able to weave a web of lies and truth to have to start this turf war on why they have to separate the Justice system and the Police Force. This turf war could have been avoided if they knew to work together and. It be so prideful.

At the meeting, Shi Mok seemed a bit annoyed at the bickering between both teams. It was kinda cute. 

let me know what you think @abs-oluteM @stroppyse @Ameera @im0202

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I wonder whether or not all these cases will be connected somehow in the future..or will they be stand-alone cases that somehow SM, YJ and the teams will have to solve. As @UnniSara mentioned..There're already 4 possible cases introduced in the span of 4 episodes: the drowning case, the -is-it-suicide-or-homicide case, the previous chief prosecutor who died of heart attack, and also the scammer case. 

By ep 4, my brain is already going @@ .. there are just many names being introduced here and there and these different cases are not helping me remember better either. I'm positive that I'll have to rewatch this again. But i love it as much as i love season 1 up to this point. 

I have a feeling that Lee Yeon Bum wasn't the one who ordered the suspicious housekeeper to turn everyone away. That housekeeper is really really..suspicious... I found Lee Yeon Jae character to be interesting since Season 1. She's not the baddie...but nor the goodie. One thing for sure..she loved her husband and still does. 

I agree @stroppyse .. the meeting was an interesting scene. Everyone somehow defended their own rights (as police or as prosecutors) and failed to see the other point of views. Except SM (even HYJ did as everyone else did at this point of time). This kind of meeting was already doomed from the start i think. Unless each party is willing to objectively and coolly think about all perspectives involved...the decision will be just based on who has more power or influence in the end. But I have not lost hope..i think somehow this drama will show how everyone in the council will be able to work together to resolve their differences. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

41 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

I wonder whether or not all these cases will be connected somehow in the future..or will they be stand-alone cases that somehow SM, YJ and the teams will have to solve. As @UnniSara mentioned..There're already 4 possible cases introduced in the span of 4 episodes: the drowning case, the -is-it-suicide-or-homicide case, the previous chief prosecutor who died of heart attack, and also the scammer case. 

Given how Season 1 went, I do have this expectation somewhat that the cases will be related.

Just finished Ep 3 so I might have skipped some of your posts and will read them after watching Ep 4...

The first 2 eps were a little slow for me, but understandable since they have to set up stuff for the new season. Ep 3 was a bit better when the 'suicide' of the policeman was introduced.

What I'm missing most, as @stroppyse also mentioned, is the lack of SM/YJ scenes. Their chemistry was a big part of why I really liked S1, so I'm hoping the show will give us more in the future episodes!

I'll be back to read the posts I skipped after finishing the next episode~

Edited by im0202
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, im0202 said:

What I'm missing most, as @stroppyse also mentioned, is the lack of SM/YJ scenes. Their chemistry was a big part of why I really liked S1, so I'm hoping the show will give us more in the future episodes!

I'm still expecting YJ and SM to get together to solve the cases and also reach an agreement on proper sharing of duties, plus possibly a civilian watchdog over both. 🙂 

Surely the writer and production team understood that it was the chemistry between SM and YJ as well as their strengths bolstering each other's weaknesses that kept us so engrossed.

It's definitely coming, YJ and SM working together. 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I like episode 4 better than 3. The meeting was indeed very interesting, everyone was hostile except Shi Mok. The acting there were really good too, it showed a huge contrast when all were worked up and Shi Mok was calm and indifferent. Wish I could be this cool when time required it.

As S2 still mentions S1's characters - the Lee family, so I think it is definitely beneficial to watch S1 first. I have no recollection of Lee Sung Jae from S1 which means he's a new character we haven't met. Even Wikipedia and AsianWiki haven't put up picture and the actor's name - making it even more mysterious (don't spoiler me - I didn't follow the casting news on purpose).

In this episode, I actually feel sad seeing Seo Dong Jae goes to the moon and back pleasing everyone like a dog (to the point of digging through waste bin). Sigh. It definitely makes me want to understand why he is so desperate to succeed (the usual setup maybe - Debts, large family to feed, sick family member etc?). Or he's desperate for recognition? With his speaking skills, why did he not work for a law firm instead? - which may earn him more money if money is what he wanted. 

Like most of you, I definitely hope to see Yeo Jin and Shi Mok team up again to bring down the corrupted. Am also curious as to how all 3 cases can be linked. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thoughts after watching Ep 4:

1) Still no to little scenes of Simok and Yeojin... It is a :Sin:!!!

2) Seo Dong Jae is such a hoot almost all of his scenes make me laugh.

*digs through trash - "I'm a highly-skilled worker" LOL

3) I enjoyed all the expressions Simok had on his face during the debate/talk between the police and the prosecutors. JSW is so good at all these micro-expressions.

4) I wonder how the two sides are going to come to a resolution because right now, no one is refusing to budge. 

5) Hope the cases will come to the forefront a little more because too much talk bores me. I need more detective work and main character interactions (i.e. SM and YJ) to keep me engrossed. 

6) Also, to be honest, I was a little lost regarding the Hanjo storyline in S1 and now that they are still in S2, I continue being lost lol.

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Surely the writer and production team understood that it was the chemistry between SM and YJ as well as their strengths bolstering each other's weaknesses that kept us so engrossed.

I sure hope so!! As each episode passes I get increasingly worried as there's no sign of improvement lol.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:00 AM, SnowBlob said:

I have a feeling that Lee Yeon Bum wasn't the one who ordered the suspicious housekeeper to turn everyone away. That housekeeper is really really..suspicious...

Hey isn't that a drama title..? 'Suspicious Housekeeper'... hahaha

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

@im0202 yesss..that is a drama title. The housekeeper just reminded me of the drama. I bet she is working for lee seung jae and not necessarily for lee yeoun bum. Have you finished watching s1 yet?

Although i dont mind SM and YJ ship..i think they will make a cute couple..i also one who doesnt mind if the romantic relationship isnt being exlpored too extensively. I enjoy this show for its detective theme and the way the team solves each cases. But i support the ship @SilverMoonTea :p

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

19 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@im0202 yesss..that is a drama title. The housekeeper just reminded me of the drama. I bet she is working for lee seung jae and not necessarily for lee yeoun bum. Have you finished watching s1 yet?

Although i dont mind SM and YJ ship..i think they will make a cute couple..i also one who doesnt mind if the romantic relationship isnt being exlpored too extensively. I enjoy this show for its detective theme and the way the team solves each cases. But i support the ship @SilverMoonTea :p

Yes! I finished S1 in less than a week after getting stuck on Ep 3 for like a year lol.

I'm a shipper like @SilverMoonTea of SM and YJ, but I won't be too opposed to them staying platonic as well, since this is not that kind of drama. But I just want more interaction between them and want them working together. Right now they are split into their respective divisions and there's less of detective work and I can't say I'm enjoying it as much as S1. 

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 2

I was given permission to share the Character Chart only through the Twitter link. The owner has translated it so well. Follow or search  ( forchoswfans ) on twitter  and find their YouTube channel for BTS from Season 1 on their YouTube channel .  Please don’t repost 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

It’s been an interesting 4th episode for me . Partly because I saw a lot of my smarmy oppa , :smug: but also because the episode highlights two interesting power struggles 

1. Police vs prosecution

The police in particular want the authority to issue warrants. From what I understand,  they argue that the prosecutors inaction at times and lack of cooperation means that the police’s hard work of tracking and finding suspects comes to naught since they can’t proceed further without the warrant . The prosecutors retaliate saying that giving the rights to the police to issue arrest warrants would open the system up for abuse; with the prosecutors implying how the police are known for covering up cases & corruption. 

I found it interesting ( and it was expected of course ) that both camps are digging dirt to discredit the other in order to hold on to or wrestle power . It would be naive to think that there is  no political motivations at all levels of government. But as a citizen looking in ,   it is sad that this process is not done with the mindset of what is best to uphold justice & ensure that  the criminal justice system is able to fairly maintain the rule of law within society. 

2. Siblings power struggle within the Hanjo group 

Nice to see Tae In Ho who has worked with Cho Seung Woo in JTBC’s Life , cameo or guest as kim mung Hyun , the CEO of Sungmoon Daily. I believe  the article to discredit / defame Lee Chang Joon is directly connected to the power struggle btwn Lee Yeon Jae and her brother

While it seems LYJ’s father has disowned her  due to what her late husband (Lee Chang Joon)  did to him in S1 , it’s clear the old man is not behind all the political manoeuvres within the group. The medicine labels found by the highly skilled Seo Dong Jae :smug:, hints that the old man is ill , possibly not in a proper state of mind & being used by his son to wrestle power from his daughter. 

What I am most interested to see is how these two power struggles I have highlighted above are intertwined . Lee Yeon Jae is clearly aware of who Choi Bit is despite feigning ignorance in front of Seo Dong Jae . 

—-////——

This is the video for the OST Overture 

And OST 1 

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

FInally caught up with all the recent episodes. It's always a little more onerous when the other half is involved, trying to find a time when we can both watch it together. But since he's the only one who has a job at the moment, I shouldn't complain too much. :P

To be frank, I find the p***ing contest between the cops and the prosecutors rather ridiculous. Of course if anyone takes the trouble to do a bit of digging, all kinds of proverbial skeletons will turn up in the closet. Mind you, I don't necessarily think that getting to the bottom of what happened to Song Gi-yeong is a bad thing. That certainly speaks to a toxic workplace culture which could do with exposure and reform. Whether SGY was bullied to the point of suicide or if there was a conspiracy to make his death look like a suicide, it should be a completely separate issue to that of investigative rights. Trying to find dirt to make the other party cower and give in is basically replaying the tit for tat. Already we see in the rental scam case that quibbling over investigative rights is hampering the real work of seeing justice done.

As someone who has been on committees before, I'm certainly not expecting them to hold hands and sing kumbaya. ;) But is the police-prosecutor's council really just a showpony for public consumption? There's potential for good to come out of this. However, this combative, adversarial approach they're taking will lead nowhere if they continue to carry on with the belligerence. If they continue to squabble over investigative rights, aren't they playing into the hands of perpetrators and would-be perpetrators? A house divided is not only prey to the attacks of external forces but their effectiveness in terms of being able to carry out their brief is also undermined.

Fundamentally people of good will should want the same things. At least I'm sure Jang Geon, Yeo-jin and Si-mok all want to do their jobs well even if their bosses have other political agendas. Ultimately that's what a "criminal justice system" is about. I'm not so naive to think that one can entirely remove politics from this but someone needs to blow the whistle and referee the brouhaha, remind all the egos why their organizations were set up in the first place.

Seo Dong-jae is set up as an obvious contrast to Si-mok not just in terms of how they work. DJ is the inveterate brown-noser while Si-mok is instinctively uncomfortable schmoozing with his supervisors. He is the perpetual "outsider" or "stranger" to the politicking and the cronyism. DJ wants to get ahead and will do what he can to build his networks. But SM actively eschews all attempts to be manipulated into playing everybody's game. He maintains his aloofness from the fray.

It's is also interesting that the show takes the trouble to show Yeo-jin's "homesickness". Her former team leader astutely observes that despite her promotion, she is in all likelihood lonely in her new position which she came to her old team to recruit someone for the P & P council. We sense that she's bored from the doodling she does in her notebook. Jang Geon comes to same conclusion later from a bit of gossip he overhears between current colleagues who are openly resentful that the "newbie " on the team got a plum spot in the newly formed police-prosecutor's council. In her new position, she has become a "stranger" even within an organization that she's been a part of for years.

This is a major problem in many organization as highlighted in The Talent Delusion. People who are good at what they do get promoted which is right in a meritocratic system. But promotion often means going into a job that doesn't effectively utilize their skills or at least take into consideration why they were highly regarded in the first place. This is an issue that's not often addressed in workplaces. The reality is that Yeo-jin isn't a desk jockey. It isn't an effective use of her abilities although she was undoubtedly hired for her field experience. All that to say that the promotional structure of an organization is often not conducive to getting the best out of the existing talent pool.

Speaking of workplace culture, the case of Song Gi-yeong also suggests that good people are not encouraged in the system to do the right thing. People with integrity aren't wanted. There are certainly internal issues that the police organization needs to address outside of trying to gain more investigative rights. Reform within is just as necessary.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

21 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is a major problem in many organization as highlighted in The Talent Delusion. People who are good at what they do get promoted which is right in a meritocratic system. But promotion often means going into a job that doesn't effectively utilize their skills or at least take into consideration why they were highly regarded in the first place. This is an issue that's not often addressed in workplaces. The reality is that Yeo-jin isn't a desk jockey. It isn't an effective use of her abilities although she was undoubtedly hired for her field experience. All that to say that the promotional structure of an organization is often not conducive to getting the best out of the existing talent pool.

Pretty much an example of the Peter Principle, where people are promoted for their current competence to a level a incompetence because they might not have the skills or the temperament to do the job that they were promoted to.

21 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This combative, adversarial approach they're taking will lead nowhere if they continue to carry on with the belligerence. If they continue to squabble over investigative rights, aren't they playing into the hands of perpetrators and would-be perpetrators? A house divided is not only prey to the attacks of external forces but their effectiveness in terms of being able to carry out their brief is also undermined.

It seems that for the prosecutors, it is just a dog and pony show that they were forced into by Choi Bit's media ploy. Aside from SM, the other prosecutors don't want anything to change and are looking for a way to force the police into accepting status quo rather than risk embarrassment or worse with the case of the dead policeman. The police who are the ones to be able to get warrants directly from judges rather than wait for prosecutors to intercede for them are probably acting in good faith somewhat in that there is something that they need. However, if it had been the other way around, there is no doubt that the police would have been the ones stonewalling and walking out of the meetings, so I assign no particular virtue to them either.

As for YJ and JG, they are sincere since they are the ones in the field waiting for the warrant and sometimes helplessly watching criminal suspects get away, but it feels as if what they want could easily be pushed aside if the higher ups wanted it that way.

I think the key to this process may be with SM's comment which is basically a paraphrase of who will watch the watchers. Regardless of whether the warrants come through the prosecutors or through the police, if it can be corrupted by either channel, then what is the point of any change any way. Well, I suppose, it potentially enriches a different set of crooked public servants?

I trust SM, YJ, and JG to figure out the cases that come up before them and somehow get their superiors in positions where they have to compromise.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Awesome 1
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Pretty much an example of the Peter Principle, where people are promoted for their current competence to a level a incompetence because they might not have the skills or the temperament to do the job that they were promoted to.

Yes. I suppose that's what I am saying. ;)

I thought I might have misunderstood the Peter Principle but I went and did a bit of reading and clarified my understanding on the subject. My misunderstanding might have come from the fact that some companies deliberately use this as a strategy of dealing with undesirable staff that can't easily be removed from the organization. Although I don't think that's the case with Yeo-jin. There are also those whose ambition outstrip their competence and they have the right connections to get them those promotions.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It seems that for the prosecutors, it is just a dog and pony show that they were forced into by Choi Bit's media ploy. Aside from SM, the other prosecutors don't want anything to change and are looking for a way to force the police into accepting status quo rather than risk embarrassment or worse with the case of the dead policeman. The police who are the ones to be able to get warrants directly from judges rather than wait for prosecutors to intercede for them are probably acting in good faith somewhat in that there is something that they need. However, if it had been the other way around, there is no doubt that the police would have been the ones stonewalling and walking out of the meetings, so I assign no particular virtue to them either.

As for YJ and JG, they are sincere since they are the ones in the field waiting for the warrant and sometimes helplessly watching criminal suspects get away, but it feels as if what they want could easily be pushed aside if the higher ups wanted it that way.

I think the key to this process may be with SM's comment which is basically a paraphrase of who will watch the watchers. Regardless of whether the warrants come through the prosecutors or through the police, if it can be corrupted by either channel, then what is the point of any change any way. Well, I suppose, it potentially enriches a different set of crooked public servants?

I trust SM, YJ, and JG to figure out the cases that come up before them and somehow get their superiors in positions where they have to compromise.

I think that either side (police and Prosecutor's Office) could quite easily make arguments that the other side can't be trusted with more power. Of course. All organisations are made up of flawed human beings who are more often than not driven by self-interest. Too much power can certainly lead to abuse and corruption. But in the end it's a case of who watches the watchmen. In some countries there would be bodies like an Ombudsman or some kind of a third party that would oversee complaints about those organisations and ensure some degree of accountability. (That's also what the other half was suggesting should happen if neither side are willing to budge)

It is true that neither side don't seem ready to compromise. And I agree that the prosecutors feel like they're being shamed into submission while the cops feel hamstrung. The reality is nobody is willing to give up power without getting anything in return.

What I think will happen that will make them work together to resolve this is if a major scandal breaks out that affect both parties.  It could potentially be the bribery-suicide case which could just be the tip of the iceberg. It might not just be cops that are dirty in this instance.

It also occurred to me that the bribery-suicide case is a good example of how internal corruption do far more to damage organizational morale than anything outsiders throw at them.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes. I suppose that's what I am saying. ;)

I thought I might have misunderstood the Peter Principle but I went and did a bit of reading and clarified my understanding on the subject. My misunderstanding might have come from the fact that some companies deliberately use this as a strategy of dealing with undesirable staff that can't easily be removed from the organization. Although I don't think that's the case with Yeo-jin. There are also those whose ambition outstrip their competence and they have the right connections to get them those promotions.

Well, there is also the Dilbert Principle in larger companies which is when you keep promoting someone to get him out of your department. They're happy because they're being promoted, but really you're just trying to put him somewhere where they can't do much damage because you can't really fire them.

The name "Dilbert Principle" was named after the Dilbert comic strip by Scott Adams, and it a bit tongue in cheek, but unfortunately, that doesn't mean it's not true.  :)

Just finished watching episode 5. I think I want to wait to write anything substantial until I see episode 6 as well.

However, there is one scene that made me go oof. There is a scene where SM and YJ are face to face standing next to their superiors. You'll know it when you come to it.

Anyway, I feel as if things are slowly ratcheting up in terms of both tension and understanding for SM and YJ, and we're finding things out as they are.

Also, we see Yoon Se Won (Lee Kyu Hyung) again! Not sure if this was just a cameo of whether he's going to play a part again, but it was good to see him. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1