K-Ocean Pathfinders 바닷길선발대 [Ongoing]

bluepebbles

202011091331266510_1.jpg

Park Sung Woong revealed that he suffered panic disorder five months ago , relied to his wife for healing. 

Park Seong-woong confessed during the 4th episode of K-Ocean Pathfinders that he suffered from panic disorder

On the late night of the 4th day of sailing from Jeju to Maemuldo,  the members gathered to  tell their honest stories.

Park Seong-woong confessed, "I had panic disorder five or six months ago. I thought there would be no such thing as an actor, but it came after 23 years." Before he appeared on the variety show , PSW 's last drama project was OCN's Rugal. He played as the absolute evil Hwang Deuk-gu, showing off his villain craftsmanship. In addition, he was the one who played villains in many filmography such as the movie 'Shinsegae'. No one expected that Park Sung-woong, who was good at vicious and strong characters, would have suffered from panic disorder.

He said, "I was very anxious. I thought I would jump from the car on my way to the filming site.  I got a panic disorder because I got immersed towards with my role at work who shots people with gun or stabs them with knife.

In addition, Park Seong-woong said, "I had a psychiatrist that I know, so I asked him, and he gave me medication. But I didn't eat it and gave it to my wife.  If I need it, give it to me." In the meantime, he believed in his best friend Kim Nam-gil and responded to appear in KOP. He had been fighting seasickness and panic disorder while sailing on a yacht. Park Seong-woong, who was holding up only with mental power, was seen on tv again.

source

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

K-Ocean Pathfinders Episode 4- Part 2 Recap

(Thankfully, some Namgil fans uploaded the english translation from tvnasia so I will be recapping based on the subs!) :yee:

Here we go with the fried chicken mukbang!

Ahsung is having fun watching Gyupil eating chicken which made him embarrased. It's been two hours since they left Jeju. Ahsung worries that she might not enjoy to stargaze that night because of the cloudy skies. Sungwoong remarked how pretty the night sky is. Ahsung shares that this is one among her top 3 views of her life--one is the Gobi Dessert, second is Machu Picchu in Peru where Sungwoong said he is very difficult to get inspired thus he did not find the scenery captivating. He said he does not have those kind of top three's because he simply just want views from the countryside of Korea. 

While Gyupil is simply, savoring his fried chicken. 

Later on , Namgil joins them . Sungwoong suggested to video call Daehwan (Namgil co-star in Live up to your name , and Sungwoong's co-star in Life of Mars). Ahsung volunteered to call, and she was teased by the names of Namgil and Sungwoong  on her phone. Daehwan finally went thru. It was a short call but it made the four to have a nice chat with Daehwan. They promised to meet again in Seoul.

Namgil went to sleep for the night shift drive. The remaining members were amazed on the squid fishing ship. Then the plastic cover Namgil put up was detached from the cockpit deck which Gyupil hardly fixed to set up it again. 

Around 11:30, Sungwoong's child asked for videocall. It was a first time for his son to see him sailing at night. Ahsung and Gyupil also thanked Sungwoong's wife for the delicious curry. 

After the call, Ahsung asked Sungwoong what song he wants to hear. He requested I Love You by Joanna Wang. Then he confessed about his panic disorder. He said he called Daehwan to talked about it for 30 minutes. 

Park Sung Woong revealed that he suffered panic disorder five months ago , relied to his wife for healing.

"I think I've recovered about 80-90 percent. When Namgil proposed this event to me, I thought travelling would be a good recovery process for me. That's what occurred in my mind --but i did not recover and just had seasickness. " :PsyWhat: However when will we be able to experience this in the future?   I rested for 5 months . This is my first job after 5 months. I'm here with my close friend, Namgil. I think it's better to be on this show. While I'm at K-Ocean Pathfinders  I think it has helped me to fully recover. 

After managing to stay awake for five hours, Sungwoong went to bed. 

At 2:30, Namgil wake up. As the night deepens, the three are longing to see the stars. But the clouds are stopping them to view the night sky. Gyupil remembered the trainor's stories about it. They were able to see a portion of the crescent moon. 

After a series of yawns , they finally see the stars  ! The three of them lay down on the front deck of the cockpit for the stargazing.  It was lovely looking at the screen alone, so I can only imagine how they enjoyed such precious moment in person . 

"This is amazing. It was different from staring at the stars on the ground. It's like I feel closer with the stars. It was incredible. "- Gyupil

"We seem to have entered a completely different world. I can even feel what I feel when I was little" - Namgil

"It;s so beautiful. I can 't even describe its beauty in words. "- Ahsung

In order to stay awake, they have snack of tomato around 3:00 AM , then ghost stories turned into comedy thanks to Gyupil's antics. Around 5:30 , Gyupil gave up to wait for the sunrise. Ahsung teases him for mentioning to watch the sunrise but he can no hold it longer. Only Namgil and Ahsung was able to see the beautiful sunrise . 

Both decided to set the main and jib sail before Ahsung went to sleep. Later, Sungwoong wakes up. Because of the unruly wind direction, they need to roll the screens once again . Namgil had climbed on the roof twice. 

Sungwoong realizes how the trip changed his perspective. On how busy his life was before this. Because during the trip, he discovers that he has a lot of free time . "There's nothing on your mind while you're here, right? I guess it's good that I have no worries. " He asks Namgil on which his friend just nods in agreement. 

Namgil slept on the deck for two hours. They had their first meal  during lunch.. They were almost near Maemuldo when they  agreed to stop to one of the islands for snorkeling. Ahsung and Gyupil took diving lessons for this. While the two adjusshis are left on the yacht watching, the "newly married" were thrilled with the sea.

They arrived in Maemuldo after 20 hours !

Next episode preview : Lee Sangyun joins the crew to experience night sailing as well. But an emergency happened while they are the middle of vast sea !

• Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor