Missing: The Other Side/ 미씽: 그들이 있었다 [Season 1 - 2020 , Season 2 - 2022/2023]

ktcjdrama

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

and I had so badly wanted them to be a family. If anything for Bora's sake

😆 I was low key hoping for that too. But I had guessed that it couldn’t be. But Wook being the nice guy he is, played along even though he knows he is not. Wonder what happened to her father. I kinda hope that Wook will just keep on the act, and it’s pretty clear the story of Bora’s mom has not ended yet. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

They managed to make me cry rivers again in the middle of ep.10... :cry: 

Spoiler

It's the departure of our crybaby Det. Go. As Det.Shin was digging into the wall for Go's body, we can see he is becoming teary already, knowing what he would soon find. It's sad for these police to be the ones finding the body of their colleague. It's even harder for the senior to be the one breaking the sad news to his parents.

As some have speculated, OIY is not dead but in a coma. Wonder who is the woman taking care of him, and now with the death of his frenemy, what will happen to OIY.... He should've followed her into the house instead stopping by the front gate. 

Preview is quite exciting. Seems like Ha Yoon and Yeong Rim will soon be found. But then, Bora will be in danger :nervous: 

And do you guys think Ahjussi is just drugged unconscious, or dead? :nervous:

OST#4 - Kim Chan Ho

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Sad 2

MTDzeiV.gif

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

As some have speculated, OIY is not dead but in a coma. Wonder who is the woman taking care of him,

I comment up to eps 9....I too think his comatose state is probably why he has been able to go to the outside world. The woman who takes care of him keeps popping up in Wook's dream. How is Wook related to OIY?

Though it seemed like it would be trouble when the other villagers found out that OIY & Wook could go to the outside world, they somewhat turned it around into something positive. I can understand the desparation of the villagers in wishing to find out what has happened to their family. So I thought it very sweet that they granted each villager one favour to help them check on their loved ones.

By the way...Captain Kang and Ahjussi make such a cute pair...I know romance is not possible ( or is it not) but it's nice to see how close they have become. 

I was sad that Wook wasn't Bora's father. I am not sure giving her false hope is the way to go though. If Wook wishes to protect her heart, he'd better be in this for the long haul. BR has very much imprinted herself on him. Having a father figure in her life has given her the stability and confidence she was probably craving for 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM Sorry for the silence as real life is beckoning with a vengeance! Watched and cried over Ep7, but hadn't been able to continue since then. Scrolling furiously past the discussions for the moment, but hopefully will be able to catch up sometime in the near future...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

On 1/18/2023 at 4:42 PM, ktcjdrama said:

And do you guys think Ahjussi is just drugged unconscious, or dead? :nervous:

Ahjussi should be just unconscious - I doubt they will kill him. But that lady who poisoned everyone with the banana milk is one creepy lady.

Feeling for Oh Il Young who was this close to finding his body when the guy who killed him came to the village too. But the guy did say he didn't kill him ...so is that a hint that he is alive? Too bad the latter's body got found quickly . In some ways the village is a nice place and we don't know if the next destination is better, but there's this transient feeling as if  you cannot feel at home. So I can see why it's important to be found even for Oh Il Young who has no family left to bury him. I also cried when they finally found Crybaby detective's body and it was so sad when his boss had to break the news to his parents. 

Preview eps 12. 

What is really sad is the real cold cases of missing folks / children they post up at the end of this video

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM  Still watching. RL just been hectic for last too weeks. 

when they showed Captain Kang´s death anniversary I started feeling that something was of. And now seeing the preview for 13 I have really bad feeling. 

OIY hope he pulls through.  

So everything is still connected. 

I do wonder why did Dong Miin ended up dead? did he knew something about killer that nobody else knew? or was is all about the money?

Edited by joccu__
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

@joccu__ Happy to read you're still watching this. I wonder if they will have a 3rd season. 

Oh gosh.....just reading this spoiler is making me cry. They found Captain Kang. Her so called friends kept her in a cold storage for 30 years :cry:. But not sure why she didn't move on yet ...

Spoiler

p1065618022692439_124_thum.jpg

And Oh Il Young has woken up but dang he's with Kim Tae Woo ( sorry forgot the character's name - just know that he is the ultimate villain.)

Preview ep 14

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joccu__ said:

@abs-oluteM  This is kind of drama that they could make season three if they wanted. But I think after this season they have already used all the links.  But we will see. 

With Capt Kang not moving on even though her body was found, there's a new mystery to solve. Perhaps this could pave the way for S3. Fate has brought them all together so that they could work together to find these missing folks.

The biggest mystery for me though is how they can all survive without income. JA must be super rich to be able to maintain them like this. The cafe in the middle of nowhere which is supposed to help generate some cash is empty most of the time :laugh:

Goodbye from our main cast.

FnzIzrWaEAAegp-?format=png&name=small

Ooo he's gonna cameo for the finale?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

O yay!! Didn’t expect we’re gearing for a Season 3. I can wait patiently 😊

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

You can be family even if you're not blood related

I teared up during this scene. 

It’s good to know that Captain Kang will still have Alice to accompany her, and they won’t be lonely. Little Alice has matured a lot too compared to when she just came. She is like Captain’s little assistant now 😃 I wonder if they will appear again in Season 3. Child actor grows up too fast. Well, they can make S3 happen soonest possible 😃

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

And the doors are thrown wide open for S3, with Im Siwan as the caretaker of the 3rd village with the merry-go-round!

No disappointment all the way to the end after an initial rocky start in the season for me... leaving me with tears aplenty, even more attached to characters that I knew from S1, and those that I have come to care for and love in S2, especially Capt Kang, whose fate feels so much more cruel, considering she has seen so many come and go, and she is still inexplicably in the village even though her physical body has been recovered. The one comfort I have for her is that she has Alice, though for how long. And as the doors are thrown wide open for S3, we see another OIY-like soul is drawing JPS, while Jong-A now can see souls though she is not aware of it, Wook continues to receive visions, this time of the new village, and Noh Yong Gu remains at large, and would very likely continue to be the threat in the new season. I also don't understand how Hyun-ji's treasure box could materialise in the real world, yet mysteriously disappear after it is left at the columbarium. Also, with OIY getting flashes of memories from his past with our intrepid trio, will he finally remember all and become the 4th member of the team? Questions questions. Please don't make the wait to S3 too long!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

@ktcjdrama @liddi @joccu__ I love this season as much as the first. There was  closure for some stories but it seems like the drama has open the doors to a new season. I would love for the team to be doing this again in S3 with the addition of Capt Kang and OIY. But if the story is focused on the new village, will we still see Capt Kang? Or will S3 take on a different approach where cases will be solved from different villages especially when you have linked cases like Alice and her mum who are in separate villages? I just hope they can confirm that they will do S3

Final BTS

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I would love for the team to be doing this again in S3 with the addition of Capt Kang and OIY. But if the story is focused on the new village, will we still see Capt Kang? Or will S3 take on a different approach where cases will be solved from different villages especially when you have linked cases like Alice and her mum who are in separate villages?

I am hopeful that S3 will happen. With them setting up a proper agency to find missing persons, rallying the support of the detectives, I believe the direction is for our main characters to fully embrace their special abilities and passion, and take a more active role to help the lost souls.

Btw, I think Jong-a now gain the same ability because of the handshake with OIY? Haha... of course it is also because of her sincere desire to help these people that she is eventually granted that special ability. This is a fantasy drama, I am not going to question too much how she now also is able to see the dead. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif