Missing: The Other Side/ 미씽: 그들이 있었다 [Season 1 - 2020 , Season 2 - 2022/2023]

ktcjdrama

Lee Jung-eun to join season 2 of mystery series 'Missing'

Clockwise from top left are actors Go Soo, Heo Joon-ho, Lee Jung-eun, Ha Jun, Kim Dong-hwi and Ahn So-hee, who will star in the second season of 'Missing: The Other Side.' Courtesy of tvN
Clockwise from top left are actors Go Soo, Heo Joon-ho, Lee Jung-eun, Ha Jun, Kim Dong-hwi and Ahn So-hee, who will star in the second season of "Missing: The Other Side." Courtesy of tvN

By Lee Gyu-lee
Actress Lee Jung-eun will star in the new season of the mystery series "Missing: The Other Side," slated to air in the latter half of the year.
The series' network, tvN, announced its cast for the second season, which included the previous season's stars Go Soo, Heo Joon-ho, Ahn So-hee and Ha Jun, along with new faces including Lee and actor Kim Dong-hwi.
The drama series revolves around handsome con artist Kim Wook (Go) who happens to stumble across a mysterious village where the spirits of missing dead people are gathered. Partnering up with Jang Pan-seok (Heo), another person who knows the place, Wook helps solve the cases of those dead people and recover their bodies in the real world.
The first season has garnered popularity with its palm-sweating murder-mystery thrills and tear-jerking stories of the spirits living in the village.
The upcoming season will follow the story of another village of dead spirits. Lee will play one of the spirits living in the village, who used to be a sea captain for 30 years.
It will be led by the previous season's director Min Yeon-hong and written by scriptwriters Ban Ki-ri and Jung So-young.

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/688_331673.html

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 4 months later...

tvN released the two teaser posters for the upcoming drama 'Missing: The Other Side 2' featuring the main actors of Season 2

Fhlw-Fu-Ra-UAAx-GWT.jpg

Fhlwo-XUac-AAzrmx.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClADzoShFkh/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClAD8MaB52P/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Lee Jung Eun, And More Return To Save Souls Again In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Lee Jung Eun, And More Return To Save Souls Again In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Nov 17, 2022
by AliG

Two new posters for the second season of “Missing: The Other Side” have been released!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery fantasy drama set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to discover what happened to each of them.

The first poster shows Kim Wook (Go Soo), Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho), Kang Eun Sil (Lee Jung Eun), Lee Jong Ah (Ahn So Hee), Oh Il Yong (Kim Dong Hwi), and Shin Joon Ho (Ha Joon) standing before a tall and rather mysterious tree as they watch children play beneath its branches, the sky turned into a mural of flaming oranges and soft pinks as the sun sets.

missing-the-other-side-2-1.jpeg

The second poster evokes slightly different emotions, the bright light of the shining sun replaced by the pitch black of night with only the flickering flames of a small fire there to illuminate the darkness. The fire is a very important symbol, as it is considered to be a very important symbol in comforting those who have gone missing. The line, “Once again meeting those who have disappeared,” is present on both posters.

missing-the-other-side-2-2.jpeg

The new season is set to premiere in December.

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

On 11/21/2022 at 10:07 AM, twink_twink_ said:

@joccu__ , @liddi wow. are you going to watch this series? :smile:  I'll definitely check it out. :KittyGun:

@twink_twink_ Definitely! Did you watch S1? Love it so much and absolutely thrilled that the sequel is airing soon. Just need to prepare for my heart to be shattered again. The teaser pretty much confirms that KW and JPS are now able to see the missing souls even outside of villages like Duon, something which was pretty much hinted as well in the last scene of S1, with the meeting of the children. Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

7 hours ago, liddi said:

@twink_twink_ Definitely! Did you watch S1? Love it so much and absolutely thrilled that the sequel is airing soon. Just need to prepare for my heart to be shattered again. The teaser pretty much confirms that KW and JPS are now able to see the missing souls even outside of villages like Duon, something which was pretty much hinted as well in the last scene of S1, with the meeting of the children. Can't wait!

@liddi , @joccu__  :smile: an enjoyable and intertaining drama. it was a character piece for me. Kim Wook, Mr. Jang, detective Shin and Thomas were all characters that I liked enough to watch for. but the only plot lines that held me were Mr. Jang finding his daughter, detective Shin coming to grips with what had happened and Thomas finding a release. I'm glad I watched it. yeah, I heard the viewers have praised the interesting characters and the drama's ability to capture both mystery, fantasy and human emotion. it's already making waves. 😊

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Written by Reporter Choi Hee Jae Xports News

Fi-Stoo-ak-AId-DHT.jpg

'Missing: The Other Side 2' Shin Jun Ho was caught in the emergency room. 

In 2020, 'Missing: The Other Side' returns with Season 2, which created by word of mouth with storytelling that exquisitely mixes humanism, fantasy and mystery of 'tracking with the living and the dead', the perfect team's performance between Go Soo and Heo Jun Ho.

In the play, Ha Joon plays the role of Shin Jun Ho, a nerdy detective in the missing person task force. Shin Jun Ho is more witty and humane than in Season 1, which moved according to the principle, and is expected to make a big success in cooperation with the 'soul-seeing combination' Kim Wook (Go Soo) and Jang Pan Seok (Heo Jun Ho).

Fi-Stop-Aa-EAEg625.jpg

Fi-Stoo-ac-AA9-N-Q.jpg

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1657923

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

So they are also going to another village?

Go Soo And Heo Joon Ho Make For An Interesting “Soul-Searching Duo” In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Go Soo And Heo Joon Ho Make For An Interesting “Soul-Searching Duo” In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Nov 24, 2022
by AliG

New posters for “Missing: The Other Side 2” have been revealed!

Mystery fantasy drama “Missing: The Other Side” is set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to discover what happened to each of them. After two years, “Missing: The Other Side” is returning for a second season with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

The new posters feature the “soul-searching duo” comprised of Kim Wook (Go Soo) and Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho) and show off their great chemistry that has carried over from the first season. One poster shows the two of them as they move to a new spirit village. Above the duo reads, “Comeback of the pair that sees souls?!”

Kim Wook can’t take his eyes off the shining protective tree ahead of him, smiling joyfully at the marvelous sight while looking to be at complete ease. Meanwhile, Jang Pan Seok can’t seem to hide his embarrassment as he stands frozen in place. The pair’s vastly contrasting reactions to the new village is sure to make viewers even more curious about the adventures they will go on.

missing-the-other-side-2-2-1.jpeg

The other poster shows off the bromance between the “soul-searching duo” as Jang Pan Seok throws an arm around Kim Wook’s shoulders while they sit under the protective tree. They look up with intrigue and the caption states, “Why do we see it again…?!” Even though they appear as completely different types of people, as made even more clear by their different choices in wardrobe, it’s exciting to think about how they will come together in the next season.

missing-the-other-side-2-1-1.jpeg

cr. Soompi

• Like 2

photo1243487.jpg

Scheduled to return soon, 'Missing: The Other Side' Season 2 looks just as dramatic and entertaining as ever in new images.

source

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

3 more weeks to go! And yes, @ktcjdrama, I concur about adjusting to KW's new look, not to mention JPS' dorky persona based on the photos. Can't wait!

Go Soo Talks About Coming Back To His Starring Role In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Go Soo Talks About Coming Back To His Starring Role In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Nov 30, 2022
by AliG

Go Soo is back as Kim Wook in the new season of “Missing: The Other Side“!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery fantasy drama about villages inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. After two years, the series is returning for a second season with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

Go Soo is making his return as a swindler who can see souls, and he shared that he feels much more comfortable coming into the second season of the drama.

“Acting as Kim Wook is so fun, the set is very relaxed, and our teamwork with the staff is great,” he happily remarked. “During filming [for Season 1], I used to talk to Heo Joon Ho about Season 2 as a sort of joke. We often said things like, ‘I think we can expect a Season 3 and 4,’ so I felt all kinds of new emotions [when we actually started filming Season 2].”

go-soo-1-1.jpeg

When asked to name the things that had driven him to keep working on “Missing: The Other Side” for a second season, Go Soo chose the drama’s subject matter and their viewers’ love.

“One of the biggest strengths of “Missing’ lies in its subject matter,” he explained. “It’s a drama that tells the stories of the deceased who died because of an unfortunate incident, and there are many episodes that start from ‘What are the words that they couldn’t say or wanted to say?’ I think this is the driving force that brought us all the way to Season 2.”

He also went on to mention the viewers who loved the drama and gave it endless support in the hopes of seeing it continue, noting that they were the ones who had made it possible for a second season to exist.

go-soo-2.jpeg

Go Soo also spoke aboutJang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho), the other half of the “soul searching duo,” and the bromance that is definitely one of the biggest highlights of the series.

“I’m so thankful to Heo Joon Ho for making it possible for me to act very comfortably by always being receptive and giving good reactions,” he said. “You can look forward to upgraded chemistry between [the two of us].” He went on to express his happiness at being able to come together with both old and new faces to create something really great.

Delving more into the mindset he adopted while acting as Kim Wook, Go Soo explained, “Unlike when I’ve played characters that have very clear arcs, I thought more about Kim Wook’s texture rather than his narrative while acting. Because Kim Wook meets a lot of people and encounters a lot of situations while going back and forth between the real world and the spirit village, I tried to act without being restrained by or biased towards certain emotions, situations, and people.”

He also described how Season 1 felt like a prequel to Season 2, noting, “Season 1 starts off with explanations for all of these mysterious situations, such as why Kim Wook can see the deceased, but Season 2 will start off with a new incident right away, which will immerse viewers in the story more quickly.”

The actor then gave a shoutout to all of the cast and crew, who worked hard to make a show that viewers can enjoy. “You may think that it is a serious drama because of its subject matter and genre,” he said, “but it is actually a work whose bright charm is doubled by the stories of its characters, so please tune in.”

go-soo-3.jpeg

Finally, Go Soo told viewers, “‘Missing: The Other Side’ will come back with Season 2 on the Monday before Christmas. I think it will be a heartwarming drama that fits well with the end-of-the-year atmosphere that is filled with people singing carols. We’ll be returning with an even more fun and rich story than Season 1, so please look forward to ‘Missing: The Other Side 2.'”

The second season of “Missing: The Other Side” will premiere on December 19.

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

stills and highlights of Missing: The Other Side 2 drama around the corner

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

[tvN] the drama's production team of ‘Missing: The Other Side 2’ unveils new teaser group poster | an actor's scenes are cut | clip

source