Sageuk & Wuxia Oppas (Oct 3 - Oct 10)

8 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

next post is saeguk oppas, or could I spam pics here??? lol

Yes you may . Go ahead ! This is the ultimate spazzing club. Even with serious competition we believe in non-stop fangirling :1000:

I knew you’d bring up UTP @NiteWalker

@SilverMoonTea I vote for Live Up To Your Name!!!!! 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2978844e2bac2132e525

@mademoisellesia I always forget that Goblin is the 1st time I saw KMJ & Jung Hae In . 
I got gif for you also 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292c01b78657be826f5d

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ruler - Master of the Mask / Joseon Magician / Seondal

Yoo Seung Ho (various roles)

(For admiration only)

VvNjr2o.jpg

SQ7fKKq.jpgTHBFrM2.jpg50x5ir7.jpg

Seung Ho is veteran in sageuk so there are many different looks...

Side note: Have to say, god knows how many times Kim So Hyun has had to wear the same kind of costumes now. She's been wearing that heavy head piece for many dramas...keep marrying different guys each time hahaha. But, she looks gorgeous here.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

I knew you’d bring up UTP @NiteWalker

at the rate im still hung over UTP, its hard for me to let it go....JiaLun really excel in this drama...not to mention he really look good in all this historical drama set.....

not saying he doesnt look good in Modern setting however i love him in WuXia more not to mention it hard for me to shed his image as LuYi in UTP....i tried watching him in other drama however it isnt helping....i still link him to LuYi in Under the Power

Just look at the way he smirk when he was in the drama

giphy.gif

and the way he look wearing the official robe

nHDjaS1.jpg

and how he look against the modern in a same setting :wow2:

5SHINco.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Dr Jin

Kim Kyung Tak / Kim Jae Joong

The man just look beautiful with this military costume and of course peacock feather attached to the hat, make him even more extravagant? 

Storyline you ask me? A bit messy I have to say. But he's military officer who fell in love to Young Rae noblewoman/doctor wannabe. Second lead lols. Forget about him get the girl. Actually I never complete this... haha...

20120716-153122.jpg Kim-Jaejoong-and-Park-Min-Young-Dr-Jin-S

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

The Fatal Encounter [aka The King's Wrath]

King Jeongjo - Hyun Bin

A 2014 film based on a real-life assassination attempt on King Jeongjo (1752-1800), 22nd ruler of the Joseon Dynasty. There were seven assassination attempts just in his first year as king. The movie depicts the 24 hours leading up to one such attempt.

This was Hyun Bin's first role in a period drama and his first acting project after military service. He chose to do this movie because he liked the script and the other characters in the story. Jo Jung Suk and Jung Jae Young have good roles too and a fair amount of screen time.

As usual, Hyun Bin was meticulous in his preparations for the role. He spent 3 months working out and watching his diet just because there was a line in the script "Jeongjo does pushups. His detailed back muscles could be seen." This scene was less than a minute in the movie. Here is the famed "angry back muscles". [Seldom do we get to see a half-naked Hyun Bin these days lol.]

di6K9JB.jpg

Spoiler

8655685_orig.jpg

1195559_The-Fatal-Encounter-2.jpg

bMHJvsN.png

1195557_The-Fatal-Encounter.jpg

Interview - Jung Jae Young is a funny guy [2:30]

Spoiler

@wallflowersforjane Does this help score more points? 🤣

Spoiler

Jo Jung Suk

fatal+encounter.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

@mademoisellesia wow ! SJK look so nice in that last pic . Bless my eyes!  You must call @ssteph for this. Actually steph , your oppa got a lot of good Sageuk ! 
@Chocolate you need to bribe her with Kang HaNeul or YYS ! 

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The Crowned Clown

Yeo Jin Goo as Ha Seon (clown) / Yi Heon (king)

(For admiration only)

This drama is a big recommendation. The story is soooooo good and my god, Yeo Jin Goo's acting is just...I don't know sensational? He's grown soooo much as an actor. Yi Heon suspects someone tried to kill him so he found Ha Seon to impersonate him while he went into hiding (and addicted to drug). The Minister that helped replace Ha Seon began to see Ha Seon is more fitted as king so he killed Yi Heon (it was sad but he did it for the greater good!). Jin Goo switching between two roles were so awesome...

9az1XVe.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo, another veteran in sageuk...

Spoiler

6ax1vSX.jpg

The Royal Gambler

Yeo Jin Goo as Yeon Ying-gun (King Yeongjo)

(For admiration only)

I would recommend this purely for acting. Choi Min Soo was so awesome as King Sukjong. The stern look that penetrates people gives me goosebumps.

vZTp8oT.jpg

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

Perfect Couple

Jin Yuan Bao / Wallace Huo

He's a detective in Bureau and rich young master. This has a lot of identity switch and confusion. It's romcom and funny in the half part of it. And become very heavily melodrama towards the end. However I managed to complete this and enjoyed it. 

This is second collaboration of Wallace & Tiffany, and eventhough I like the previous better, but this one has more sunny & bright tone overall despite some angsty separation. 

This MV almost give overall story in a glance. Take a look. :ValentineBulba:

Costume also well designed and beautiful:

jqqusss.jpg
cffced5b7d409cde340924cf4f3102a9.jpg
tumblr-mz67qhwh0v1snerhxo6-1280.jpg

Spoiler

PC34.jpg
tumblr-mz67qhwh0v1snerhxo1-1280.jpg
edbad1386d360ae2a8f4c9541e54fb1f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Arthdal Chronicles

(For admiration only)

Song Joong Ki as Eun Seom/Saya

@abs-oluteM I included 2 just for you, 😆

@mademoisellesia First I don't know what you mean 2 for abs-oluteM. Take a look at pics again, ohohoho... I know...I know 😁

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoisellesia wow ! SJK look so nice in that last pic . Bless my eyes!  You must call @ssteph for this. Actually steph , your oppa got a lot of good Sageuk ! 
@Chocolate you need to bribe her with Kang HaNeul or YYS ! 

@abs-oluteM he is in 3 sageuk dramas Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Tree with Deep Roots, and Arthdal Chronicles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@SilverMoonTea

Story wise, the mortal realm is my favorite but visual wise DL as The Demon Lord is sizzlingly dark.....

40-FF468-D-DEDE-48-EF-8-FBC-C496-D6-D291

Tbh, in this drama I found Night Diety is more interesting as a character not to mention the actor Leo Luo is just stellar in the acting department. 

CD8-B54-AC-F135-4661-851-C-1-F352-D8-FB9

There were 2 of my favorite scenes of him. One, when he totally lost it and attacked FengHuang’s Mom. Second, the last confrontation with FengHuang when he was chained up.

His acting was just blew my mind....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

Important Information

Terms of Use