Sageuk & Wuxia Oppas (Oct 3 - Oct 10)

HongKong series use to be the best for me....i watch them growing up not to mention i learn my cantonese from there too....

however if we are talking about C-Drama there is HuJun in Demigod, he is good....love his version and he look good in it.....

Jimmy Lin & Alec Su - Handsome Siblings is also good for me

i get bk home before i can start searching for pictures to post it together lols

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1

As far as Chu Liu Xiang is concerned... there's no one that I can think of that can ever replace Adam Cheng.  I quite like Ken Chang and I thought he bore an uncanny resemblance to Adam but that series which he helmed was too slow going. It was painfully like watching grass grow. While I liked that it was faithful to Gu Long's novel(s), I think there can be such a thing as slavish adherence to the point of ridiculousness. 

adam cheng

I can't think of anyone who has got Adam's charm, height, debonair good-looks and wuxia flair. Maybe some of the youngsters coming through might get there except for the height part. My hope is to see Chen Zheyuan as the lead in Xiao Li Fei Dao down the track. 

The other really good historical C drama  that came out recently was Joy of Life, led by the wonderful Zhang Ruoyun who is ably supported by a stellar cast. I loved it heaps and it did remind me a little of The Princess Bride. It's a must watch although It ends on a cliff hanger with S2 to come next year, I believe.

joy of life

What to do... I like 'em smart. :lenny: Everybody in Joy of Life was pretty cluey though. To me it's almost on par with NiF. 

Zhang Ruoyun

Zhang Ruoyun plays Fan Xian who lived with his grandmother and when he comes of age he is recalled by his father, court official... who is really his adoptive father. His mother was the incredibly accomplished Ye Qingmei who had a host of admirers all wanting to be his father figures. When he returns to the capital he becomes embroiled in political conspiracies and becomes the target of assassination attempts. 

It's a funny, clever and inventive drama. Fan Xian though young and somewhat immature, is quite brilliant. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

@ssteph @Chocolate The older Qiong Yao's series are super sad. Are many C-dramas these days still end with sad endings? The trend these days viewers all want happy endings so if sad ending I feel it may not be as popular anymore.

nooo....nowadays C-Drama has better and good ending.....

9 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't think of anyone who has got Adam's charm, height, debonair good-looks and wuxia flair. Maybe some of the youngsters coming through might get there except for the height part. My hope is to see Chen Zheyuan as the lead in Xiao Li Fei Dao down the track. 

Adam is one good drama.....just not when he tried to act younger hahahaha...however i love his role in 'Ever Night'

:heart:

9 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a funny, clever and inventive drama. Fan Xian though young and somewhat immature, is quite brilliant. 

they are filming the 2nd part if im not wrong

• Like 7

Splendid Politics

Hong Jo Woon / Seo Kang Joon

Elite nobleman who's working in Weapon Bureau, very decent & polite man. In the end will win the princess heart and have many kids with her lols.

@abs-oluteM brown eyes submitted lols. So handsome...

CJMi-E-3-Uc-AAbk5-D.jpg

download-jpeg.jpg

MORE OF HANDSOME :

I just realized not much content in this post. Haha... What I can say he's handsome, the storyline a lot of politics, I just waiting him to appear in my screen, and I'm good :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Spoiler

download-3.jpg 2987812902158dd46-w.jpg CLDnuu-AVAAIa-VBC.jpg photo638767.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM is already complaining that we are covering up all the beautiful abs. Now you want to get rid of the men and bring women here instead? :laugh:

Haha !!! It’s ok , we should show some appreciation for the ladies too. Must factor that in for our future events . But yes , I’ll be happy to see some abs :SquirtleNiceAhah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

10646712_10152573475431480_7175983267136

𝙺𝚒𝚖 𝙽𝚊𝚖 𝙶𝚒𝚕  as

𝓑𝓲𝓭𝓪𝓶

A homage to a melancholic vagabond

Spoiler

Overview

Bidam is one of the debatable sageuk characters thanks to modern depiction of Kim Nam Gil in the drama Queen Seon Deok. 

His appearance in episode 21 gave more spice in the storytelling as his character added the gravity of  Deokman 's showdown with Lady Mishil. Bidam 's  introduction was slated to be a surprise to the audience, with his sudden appearance created thrill on the drama. Bidam is Kim Nam Gil's gateway to his popularity which it became a household name after the drama concluded, followed by popularity not only in Korea but overseas. Queen Seon Deok is  Kim Nam Gil's career breakthrough, after the writer had to rewrite the script as a response to the increasing fame of the character.

Kim Nam Gil won the following awards : Baeksang Award's Best New Actor and MBC's Excellence Award-Best Actor. 

Behind the Scenes 

From Ten Asia interview, Kim Nam Gil was first hesitant to accept the role , with fear that he will be typecast in similar sageuk roles. However after a meeting with the writers and producers, Kim Nam Gil became interested with the script. 

I thought it was interesting how although Bidam actually existed, he had never properly been portrayed in drama or history itself. His character seemed to be quite spectacular, different from other characters and I would be able to make people imagine that he really did live his life the way he did, depending on how I acted his role. The directors explained that he would have a warrior-like feel from film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”. And Bidam hasn’t carried any weapons in particular till now but he will start carrying around a spear with the motive from “Red Cliff”.

Writers mentioned to Kim Nam Gil that Bidam was the secret weapon. (And Namgil did not take this seriously, even laughed on the thought about it.) In the process, the character was not introduced even about his childhood. Because of this, Namgil felt too much burden on how to explain his character in two episodes. However, Bidam was also known to be a playful, naive and seeking for affection-- thanks to his references like Sakuragi of Slam Dunk and Miyamoto Musashi in Vagabond. 

45984_459491716479_3034114_n.jpg?_nc_cat

Despite hustles during the filming like catching up H1N1 flu and minor horse riding injury in the set, the drama concluded with a peak of 43.60% during its entire run. 'Queen Seon Deok ' also swept awards including the Daesang. 

The Character 

Although he was the son of Lady Mishil, he helped Princess Deokman become the ruler. He was trained to be one of the best martial artist by his master, the previous Field Master of Silla. After Milsil's coup, Bidam was appointed Head of Internal Affairs, where he controls Milsil's followers. However, he eventually gets tricked by his followers. In the end, all his life's skills and intellect could not save him as no one trusts him. He eventually perished trying to proof his love to Deokman. (wikifandom)

Bidam inherits the life of Misil, and their story comes to an end. The tragedy of his mother's life comes full circle and he becomes the wretched hero of the same fate. Ultimately he gains nothing he desires - not a place in history, Silla nor Deokman - and ends up forgotten by history, recorded only as the instigator of a mutiny. He is loved then hated, he gains power only to lose it, he earns the trust of people and then loses that trust. He will crash and burn, and his end will be tragic and glorious. - Park Sang Yeon (Writer, 'Queen Seon Deok')

2009110418522241657_1.jpg

Bidam is only human so he starts wondering who his parents were, why they deserted him and gets upset over it. So if the Bidam till now was someone who is a good guy but has a side to him where he can occasionally kill people cruelly, I think he will gradually become someone who hides the evil growing inside him and deceive people by pretending to be good. I think Bidam is similar to Mi-shil in that he is so greedy that he will want to have what he wants no matter what and that he’ll try to remove all obstacles that are laid in front of him. People say Bidam looks more like Munno though.Since Bidam is a mix of characters from comic books, he is the most unrealistic and a character most unlikely to appear in a historical drama but I think some people actually enjoy it because it’s refreshing. - Kim Nam Gil, Ten Asia

vImage

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

AHHH... A LOT OF GOOD OPTION HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN.. who to choose then???

LOL..

for Oppa Section.. My option are Bidam / Jumong..

for Wuxia Section.. aiyo. there's a lot.... but the one's I'm impressed by since last year is LinYushen's portrayal of Yang Xiao in last year's Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber.

#wuxia from the 50% person

#wuxia from the 50% person

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I AM HEREEEE! Wow, I am floored by all your posts, I didn't realise so many of everyone's favourite actors have been in sageuks and wuxia. I had a really good time going through it.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate you need to bribe her with Kang HaNeul or YYS ! 

I also accept LSG. No one posted him yet, I see  :letalQQ:

On 10/4/2020 at 7:43 PM, ssteph said:

This one is my favorite too : Huan Zhu Ge Ge/Princess Huan Zhu/My Fair Princess.

Stephhh! This brings back so many memories! I loved the show so much I bought the VCD box-set!

On 10/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, mademoisellesia said:

@wallflowersforjane Earring Ha Neul, do you like??

LIKE! That look on his face. :GengarAww:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

LOL @Lynne Lu Jin without the moustache looks so different! I think I can get used to no facial hair, for sure!

Ahahahaha @wallflowersforjane I fully expected you to be shocked and say no to Kang Ha Neul with earrings since you and @Tofu wanted Ong Seong Wu to remove his ear stud in MTF.

@bairama You should join me, Alice and LaLa in watching 18 Again. Something to keep you company while recovering. I think it might be your cuppa too because it's about family. Lotsa cute guys too so I'm totally :wow:. Did you watch 17 Again (the US movie) by Zac Efron? It's the adaptation of the movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Alice Wonderland on my way to recoveer yeay thankfully. Still need treatments for complication and sometimes physical&psych treatments to regain my normal ability. Thanks for your prayers too i think it really helps:heart:

AND THAT NAMJAA. Ok this 18 again is should be checked luls. @mademoisellesia I like 17 again! OKKKKKKKKKK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Important Information

Terms of Use