Use For My Talent 我亲爱的小洁癖 [2021]

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

I still need to watch this. I only have a few minutes left on episode 1 to watch. So many new dramas, no time for all of them. :letalQQ:

I'm in the same boat! I think this will be one to start in this next week because I'm struggling to keep up with the live dramas I'm on...but just came to say I love the banners. Jasper looks so beautiful and I love him :heart: That is all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I watched four episodes today and I thought it was enjoyable! The set up is very similar to your typical fluffy rom-com -- the type that I am enjoying so much right now. :laugh:I love Jasper as always and Shen Yue is very cute.

I was a bit surprised at how quickly Renqi started to like Shuangjiao but I remembered that this drama is 24 episodes and doesn't need time the way some of the other longer Chinese dramas do. I'm usually not keen on second leads but he's palatable right now. 

These might be old but I thought they were cute. Haha!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maybe the best thing about this is Jasper's gazes, right? :smug:

• Like 3

Jasper is eye candy in this one :wow: The role really suits him and I really love his smile!

I have to say I'm only invested in the OTP and not really that interested in the side characters' love stories. I find her brother cute but that's pretty much it. LOL

The scene where second ML secretly helps Shuangjao cook soup was cute. I have to say that's the only time I wavered HAHA! But I'm Gu Renqi all the way.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finally here....I just become such a lazy Jasper fan...the slackest out of everyone here @SilverMoonTea and @Tofu. Sorry Jasper :heart: Too much life stuff and was finishing a bunch of Kdramas before that. I don't know if I have any long/ deep comments on this drama either, but I've found the first 2 episodes pretty enjoyable for rom-com!

Episodes 1-2

- The dubbing is not as bad as I thought it would be, but I still wish it was Jasper's real voice. I can't quite believe it's Jasper talking because of this! :idk:

- Shen Yue is pretty cute, but I have to admit I'm grossed out by her stains and messy eating :lettalKWA:

-I spend a lot of time laughing at Jasper spritzing everything with a sanitizer spray :laugh: I'm loving how ridiculous it is, but if everyone was like Jasper maybe we wouldn't have covid?

- Haha, the scene when he's at the hospital queue forcing everyone to stand far away from him? Man, Jasper's character is like the ultimate covid warden :laugh:

- LOL Jasper topless in Episode 2 - that was quick! :lenny::wow:

- I find it weird that Shen Yue's character would be in the bathroom as the girls having the conversation about taking advantage of the CEO but not have heard it herself? :ChikoWTF: 

- Actually a lot of the settings and cinematography is quite pretty for this series. :hearties:

• Like 2

Episodes 3-5

-Wow he knows he likes her by Ep 3. That was quick! :laugh:

-Me: This is not so cheesy for a Chinese drama considering what @Tofu told me...then episode 3 happens where she falls on him in an unbelievable way on the escalator and their mouths conveniently meet for a "kiss" :shocked: Hahaha...this is so old school anime/ drama cliche

- LOL, the presentation scene was so pointless. I thought she was going to at least deliver some of the speech....but then Jasper ended up coming to save the day which is kind of disappointing.  I also laughed that a random guy with a bucket of water was waiting to splash them in the dark staircase. That did not make sense at all :laugh:

- But it's been really nice to see Jasper again! He looks so fine in a suit and in nice shirts. But he seems thinner too...hope they're feeding him well in China :heart:

-The other thing I really like is Shen Yue's house. It's so pretty with all the vines and plants and it's spacious and on stilts! I doubt this is anything like what real cleaner in China would be living it, but it's a very pretty and homely looking drama house. All the rooms have such nice personalities (ie. brother's room full of Basketball stuff) :BulbaOWO:

-LOL is that girl Shen Yue' character's friend...or a friend of her little brothers? She obviously had a crush on the bro :lenny:

-Hmmm, I did think Shen Yue's character meant well but didn't think about what to say to that client with a disability. It could have been taken in an offensive way  :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 1

Episodes 6-7

- The friend and the brother could have a cute romance, but their flirting scene was less playful than it was awkward? I wish they could just look a little more natural! :pandahehe:

- Haha, I thought it was cute that Mr Gu and SSJ gave each other milk and then thought that the other one returned it. And then they were having a private dinner where they were feeding each other dumplings...but it did make me laugh thinking about an employee returning to the office to feed her boss dumplings :laugh:

- Haha, I was right about SSJ being condescending by what she had said to the disabled athlete...but glad she fixed it up. :CharmanderYay:

- At first I was wondering why they wouldn't let the guy buy the strawberry milk but then let SSJ have all the strawberry milks she wanted for free...and then I was like, ohhh Mr Gu bought them all for her :thinking::eeeee:

-LOL Shen Yue giving Jasper a bike lift was pretty funny given their heights :lol:

-If my boss was Jasper, I would also bring him home for dinner :laugh:

• Like 1

Episode 8 

- Haha what an awkward first kiss for Mr Gu and SSJ. It's a good thing she wasn't live streaming it or it would have got them both into more trouble :laugh: But on the other hand since she was recording a video, she literally caught her first kiss on camera :lenny:

- SSJ's friend wears such weird clothes and really short shorts/ skirts...haha no wonder she caught the attentions of SSJ's little bro :smug: I kind of like this idea for a romance, but I just think the actors are weirdly awkward.

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

You are the best, @JenL! I feel like I need to finish this now. I stopped around episode 8. :cry:

Haha...I finally got to Episode 8! It's a light watch. I think it's fun. I'm not super addicted to this drama, since the storyline is fairly predictable, but it's nice to see Jasper looking so dapper. Come watch again and give me your opinions if you do...hehe, I feel like I'm chatting to myself as a late watcher :pandahehe:

• Haha 1

Episode 9 -10

-I like that the WQQ isn't really that sort of evil second lead girl who would go after GRQ/ Mr Gu even though it's clear he doesn't like her. It's nice that she has her own crush too...but everyone is er, very perfectly paired up in this drama except the second lead guy :MewHi:

- Ugh, the misunderstanding of SSJ thinking GRQ liking WQQ and GRQ thinking SSJ liking the second lead, her neighbour! Drama logic always leads to this :idk:

-I cringed at SSJ's younger brother when he's fixing SSJ's friends phone he says phones are like humans and can hit puberty?! What?! See, this is just too weird for me and moments like this ruin what could have been a cute romance. :shocked:

-I laugh at all these unnatural romantic positions the characters get into WQQ trips and ends up in LDX's lap...and the cup of water doesn't even spill :laugh: Still it was nice that he saved her from the annoying guy who was trying to spike her drink and put a tomato smiley face on her eggs when he made her breakfast :laugh:

- I can't believe they let that mole continue working at the company?!:ChikoWTF:

- Haha, I like that GRQ's mum wants to hire SSJ as a housekeeper for him and says that even she can't stand her own son sometimes. It's cool to have a cool mother in law :wow:

- LOL I find the fact that the males in the drama keep giving her face masks (the big product placement) quite unbelivable...do guys even know what face masks are? :laugh:

- JASPER LOOKS SO GOOD IN THAT WHITE ADIDAS TRACKSUIT :heart:

• Like 1

Episodes 11-12

-Being GRQ's housekeeper would be the most ridiculous thing...I could never do it because being that clean would be crazy! Toilet needs to be cleaned every few hours! :shocked:

-Weird plot hole: Why was GRQ not surprised when SSJ showed up at his door as his housekeeper? Surely his mum didn't tell him she was hiring his crush as his housekeeper?! Or at least there was no scene like that? :thinking:

-LOL at GRQ doing a love quiz like a teenage girl in love :laugh:

-oh dear the onion peel scene is soooooo cheesy :popcorn:

-Poor LDX thinks that SSJ is earning her monies in other ways than cleaning with GRQ :smug: 

-The Jasper in the dream that pinned SSJ against the wall was pretty hot :wow:

-Second lead actually annoys me in this one since he acts like he owns her :HaunterOK:

-Second lead is also the most unprofessional therapist! :niu:

- Finally a nice kiss between SSJ and GRQ :BulbaOWO: Although the chemistry is no where near as good as Puff and Jasper's is, I guess I don't mind this pairing @SilverMoonTea ....but I also think it's partly because I'm going through a rough time and I think this drama is pleasant / easy to digest and it's always comforting to see Jasper...he's like my comfort blanket :laugh: I've finally reached Episode 12 and I'm sure I'll continue watching!

• Like 2

Episodes 13-16

-The toothbrushing scene where GRQ was teaching SSJ how to brush was a bit weird rather than romantic to me. Like why do you not know how to brush your teeth? :idk:

- But it does amuse me the GRQ has a diary of things he wants to do with his girl :pandahehe:

- Haha when SSJ picks the music in the care she picks Jasper's song, U :wow:

- Hahaha, I like how GRQ makes fun of Jasper's song and says it's a silly song since he keeps repeating You, you, you...how did Jasper do this with a straight face :laugh:

- Wow they only just confirmed their love and now SSJ and GRQ want to spend the night? Waaaahhh, Jasper's look when he says "Don't go"...would have been better in Jasper's real voice :heiboi:

- Haha Jasper always seems to go on aquarium dates - he's definitely gone on one with Puff in Pleasantly Surprised and maybe with Mandy in When I See You Again? :BulbaOWO:

- Haha, the chill mother in law is very refreshing in this series - but as she said, she was sick of her son being so scared of germs! :laugh:I love how she tries to stick up for him to her father, bossy old grandpa :MewHi:

- I think I like the side female characters - as GRX says - the so called mean girl at the start actually isn't mean...and oddly enough isn't judgemental of LDX's background. But I guess she likes bad boys :smug:

- It was so easy for GRQ to start another manual cleaning department again...wouldn't he need board approval since it was disbanded due to the board? :ChikoWTF:

- Finally the bodyguard LDX and hostess WQQ get together!...And so do the littler brother and the friend :heart: ...So wait...what are the other 10 episodes for?? :thinking:

-Hmmm, this is weird, but due to how much kissing and mushiness there is, I don't know if I feel invested in the main pair?...It's like too much :idk:

- LDX's idea of a first date to the gym is no fun :laugh: But I really liked SSJ and GRQ's date to the amusement park. All those ice-creams, merry go rounds and soft toy claw machines!

- WQQ's boss threatening to cancel her shows because her romance got out must be what idols experience when they date what the public considers the wrong person :letalQQ:

- I really dislike kids' voices in Chinese dramas. Why do they always sound so annoying?? :HaunterOK:

- Haha, I liked the friend's solution to SSJ and SSJ's brother both wanting to meet her - bring one to the meeting with the other! :laugh:

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:31 AM, JenL said:

Come watch again and give me your opinions if you do...hehe, I feel like I'm chatting to myself as a late watcher

I feel like I'm watching it through your recaps/comments already. :laugh:

@SilverMoonTea and I often talk to ourselves in a lot of drama threads. No complaints though because you can be as open and honest about anything and no one to tell you your opinion is wrong. Hahaha!!

• Haha 2

Episode 17-18

- I don't get why the dad doesn't just mention that GRQ's evil grandpa swung by and was mean to SSJ. She does have a right to know :idk:

- Not a fan of the brother suddenly turning into some amazing ballad singer :lol:

- LDX doing noble idiocy for WQQ sucks when she made an effort to look after his grandma! Him cutting her off when she doesn't want him to is not going to make a difference to her reputation if she turns up drunk in the gutters calling out his name. Ugh noble idiocy!  :HaunterOK:

-Well I guess second lead is ok. At least he stuck up for GRQ in front of SSJ's dad. :BulbaOWO:

- Oh no...the hit and hit driver that killed SSJ is hopefully not in GRQ's family right?! :lettalKWA:

-LOL Unifon got like 10 mins of product placement here :lenny:

-I do think SSJ's dad is being unfair but typical Asian parent-ish by not letting her date GRQ :mad:

- LOL GRQ sends SSJ a copy of Jasper's U single. Jasper's self promoting through his character is so funny :laugh:

- Wow GRQ gets to eat a whole cake by himself :heart:

-Haha WQQ is getting her revenge by sleeping with LDX and then ignoring him..gotta be mean to keep them keen I guess :eeeee:

-Aw poor second lead helping SSJ to see GRQ but also dying on the inside. :letalQQ:

-I'm not a fan of the sound track for this drama unfortunately :idk:

- LOL the scene where GRQ records wake up alarms for  SSJ was wasted on me since it's not Jasper's real voice. :letalQQ:

- LOL GRQ stole his worker's paper star gift for her boyfriend to make them and steal the wishes for SSJ....no compassion for his workers whatsoever :shocked:

- Haha that falling paper stars scene was cute. I use to make those paper stars a lot when I as a kid! :hearties:

- Aw GRQ's mum is so friendly to SSJ...and I love the cafe they met in for their chat :wow:

-Haha, GRQ has a sneaky way of finding out SSJ ring size! :pandahehe:

Episode 19-20

- Ah ha, of course GRQ's grandpa is the one who killed SSJ's mum as the hit and run driver :heiboi:

- Hahaha, the start of this episode is so funny - SSJ answering from the toilet and then that badly photoshopped picture of Jasper, his grandpa and the driver that took the fall for the grandpa's accident. :laugh:

- The fact that the second lead LX literally saw all of the answers in the first photo he looked at...honestly a little poor in the storytelling department :laugh::laugh::laugh:

- The necklace that the store lady recommends SSJ's little brother to get for his girlfriend is so ugly: A diamante smiley face :lol:

-That coffee machine is cool and LX was such a sweetheart to buy it off SSJ's little brother :heart:

- I totally understand why SSJ's friend would get mad at her boyfriend, SSJ's little brother. He was totally annoying her while she was trying to get work done :mad:

- GRQ and LDX watching dramas to try to understand girls...and LDX calls GRQ "Gu Baby" :laugh:

- LOL GRQ selecting wedding gowns via paper cut out?! :laugh: What is this?! Also shouldn't you let the bride pick their own dress?? That desperate to get married 

-Ugh so cheesy with the "Wang Baby scenes" :SquirtlePuke:

- Except for Jasper popping out in a white suit, I have to say this wedding proposal made me feel a little sick...it was all too much :shocked::SquirtlePuke::smile:

- Wow, that escalated quickly....the evil rival guy just came and blurted out the truth in the middle o the proposal that GRQ's grandfather killed SSJ's mum...But I can't believe SSJ just believed the words of strangers without evidence :lettalKWA:

- There's something nice but also a bit heartbreaking that the second lead is her cool guy who helps with the get-away motorcycle ride from her wedding proposal, even though you know she's going to still pick the first guy eventually :letalQQ:

- I feel like SSJ taking it out on GRQ is unfair since he is not his grandfather...but maybe it's coz I don't like seeing her make Jasper cry! :niu:

oKq6RN0.png

- But there's a scene of Jasper crying naked in the shower and his abs look so good. Sure you don't want to pick this up again @SilverMoonTea @Tofu:smug:

wf4HiZh.png

- LOL ok, I'm liking the second lead LX again. He seems to have a good bromance with the SSJ's little brother, always getting him out of trouble etc :BulbaOWO:

- Aw now the second lead LX is saving everyone even the bodyguard, LDX :BulbaOWO:

-Haha...I have to say Jasper's role looks fun when he's traumatised...all he does is spray everything...kind of fun to act out :laugh:

LOL I see LDX and WQQ are meant to be the "Sexy" couple...always er getting close to each other when sweaty in the gym or injured and topless :smug:

On 6/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea and I often talk to ourselves in a lot of drama threads. No complaints though because you can be as open and honest about anything and no one to tell you your opinion is wrong. Hahaha!!

Hahaha you're not wrong...no one to oppose my opinions! And all the Jasper appreciation :laugh:

• Haha 1

Episodes 21-22

- That was a nice break-up talk between SSJ and GRQ :letalQQ:

- Wow GRQ is leaving the company?! Why? :pandathink: Oh I see so SSJ can continue working there without feeling burdened from running into him.

- SSJ's words about life slapping her in the face is so relatable. :letalQQ:

- Wow the number of pills GRQ takes...I thought he had a phobia, though maybe it's more like a type of depression?

- I find it weird that she breaks up with him but will still take care of him... I find it weird that SSJ is ok with not seeing GRQ, but it ok with seeing GRQ's grandpa (her mum's murderer) at work?  :ChikoWTF:

- I feel like GRQ and his mum need to leave grandpa so that he understands what it means to be alone and then value them more? :mad:

- The nursing home scenes were funny :laugh:

- Should we be concerned that GRQ and SSJ are both hallucinating? :laugh:

- Haha did laugh at that LDX and WQQ scene where he totally misreads the situation when all she wanted was for him to carry her bag :laugh:

- LOL GRQ has a whole germ-suit when he went to that old village to find the truth...but I find it weird that he didn't have a facemask :heiboi:

- I like that GRQ and LX are now friends :BulbaOWO:

- LOL SSJ is looking to pick a fight with everyone since she won an award and no one is there to be her boyfriend...so annoying :laugh:

-So it turns out GRQ's grandpa is not evil...it was actually the driver's fault! :lettalKWA: 

- Wow how did she end up getting to the trash dump town so quickly while GRQ was still there?! :pandathink:

Episodes 23-24 (Finale!)

-Well I'm glad SSJ also apologised for making a big deal of GRQ rather than his family being at fault because he couldn't have known about the accident. :niu:

- Of course SSJ would visit his grandpa. She'll probably fix their rift etc. :heiboi:

- EWWW, GRQ's mum gave the grandpa a juice made from celery, bitter melon and Orkra?! I want to gag just eating one of those things let alone drinking a juice made from all 3. Gross...haha so this is her revenge as a daughter! :SquirtlePuke::SquirtlePuke::SquirtlePuke:

- Aw a nice family lunch with SSJ...wow...so all it took for grandpa to change his ways was for his own daughter to serve him bad food and tell him to be healthy and then say, "If you don't like me managing your food then don't manage GRQ...wow she should have done this ages ago! :laugh:

-LOL grandpa was so weird why buy gifts and don't give them :ChikoWTF:

- Aw, nice family tea time with SSJ's family accepting GRQ :BulbaOWO:

- Hahaha, it's so awkward that SSJ's dad is trying to set up her friend with some eligible bachelors without knowing that she's dating his young son :laugh:

-The scene where SSJ give him a cake on the bridge is cute...much better than the tacky proposal :hearties:

- Man, the lines are so cheesey...can't believe Jasper said "Than let me help you to breathe" and "ShuangJiao Baby, you've worked hard" :pandascared:

- Aw, I like that LDX resigned to do other things with his life. And also the second lead LX became friends with GRQ and is leaving to go back to America. But ouch! She gave him back his heart (shaped power bank) and said he was her good friend...ah friendzoned! You have to have at least some non cheesy parts of this drama, right? :heiboi:

- Hot air balloon scene is cute, but you can see the strings still :laugh:

Wow and that's the end! I guess it's mushy but they decided not to do a full wedding thank goodness. I had this on in the background towards the end because it was quite mushy. I'm glad I finished it out of loyalty - it was nice to see Jasper all suited up. The drama was probably too mushy for me, but it just reminds me of older romance Kdramas. It wasn't bad, but I'm glad I'm done! :idk: