Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

@SilverMoonTea Shouldn't you trust your own radar? 😁

Let's guess when we'll have an OTP first kiss! I'm putting $1 on ep12. Hahahahaha. I find these days we either get kisses earlier than 8, or around 12. 😂

I think they are coming together quite nicely though. Being chingu first, getting to know each other and in the process heal and give each other strength. Jung Kyung and Joon Young are just not meant to be from the start. Towards Jung Kyung, it is likely Joon Young feels inferiority due to her background, having being indebted to her family. When being indebted with "jung", one can never really repay that in Asian culture. Plus I find Jung Kyung gives off this kind of energy (below). I don't know how anyone can feel "happy" with her.

2bsdmma.gif

With Song Ah, he doesn't feel that way and we already saw from the preview that he tells Song Ah he feels happy seeing her. And c'mon, do we really feel this happy seeing our friends? :smug: No way, hahahaha. A guy friend we have a crush on, now that is a yes! 😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

𝔻𝕠 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕞𝕤

Fɪʟᴍɪɴɢ Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ 

Some of the locations in this drama are instagram worthy because of the eye-catching architecture and mood.

(I still have to watch this drama soon!)

𝐼𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑒𝑜𝓃 𝒜𝓇𝓉 𝒞𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇

ACtC-3esH0w6PwntyK5j6zo1Q9fY6oMSwwzjupBz

Located in Songdo and completed in 2016, it is a classical performance hall built in a design that combines the advantages of vineyard style and shoebox style, and has a capacity of 1,727 seats with 7 floors above ground and 2 basement levels

𝓟𝓻𝓾𝓰𝓲𝓸 𝓐𝓻𝓽 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓵

Spoiler

ACtC-3eYAvrfNuSJ4xfJkCJxThnLm3YG_hszR8oA

It is located near Euljiro 4-ga Station on Subway Line 2, and despite being a small concert hall, it provides an optimal acoustic environment to suit a variety of genres, including classical contents.

𝒟𝒶𝑒𝒽𝒶 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓊𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓉

ACtC-3csdI0q_oiC-K6AbAlHOf93WcBeN80bjpCC

Located in Jahamun-ro, between Gyeongbokgung Station of Subway Line 3 and Tongin Market, opened in 1997, you can taste pork belly on the lid of the pot with a friendly atmosphere.

𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝐵𝓊𝒾𝓁𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

Spoiler

ACtC-3dW8YefP9EtFQyHqklKrnSOAGEWYa_K2f5j

Located between Gyeonghuigung Palace and Deoksugung Palace, completed in 2008 and used as the former Kumho Asiana main building, an office building with 8 floors below ground and 29 floors above ground.

𝒰𝓇𝒷𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝑒

ACtC-3fV2R0ARaWLZ1S9qejQa9QaHGVMv1a5-qD8

Located between Seocho Station of Subway Line 2 and Gyodae Station of Subway Line 2, this cafe opened in 2015, where you can taste espresso, various teas, and desserts.

source blog

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Recaps Eps 4

HH on the phone, he had come to the where JY stayed(?) ...he saw JK outside the place. She got on a cab. He enquired with reception about JY. He found it all strange.

Back at the arts centre...our JY asked SA if she was better. She was...they left together. It was raining , he took out his umbrella. Under the umbrella , she asked him how he was doing , if he was ok. He said yes.

She was going to go catch a bus as she bid him goodbye. And her friends came to surprise her including DY. One of the girls asked who he was , he said her friend. The girl invited him to join, SA was going to say something...but JY says yes , lets go together. Dayum, my heart is squealing.

So he joined her bunch of friends at a pub. SA was seated next to DY.  JY realises how uncomfortable she was ..they asked why Min Seong was not there...SA and JY just looked at each other. Anyway , they got her cake etc. Yaaaaaa...so much eye contact and smiling between our OTP .

Going home time, DY asked SA to get on the cab with him. SA says no..she has something to discuss with JY about. JY played along. SA was of course going to avoid being alone with DY.

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Our shy pair goes sit by some water feature nearby and talked...SA's time to tell her story and her thoughts to JY. She was sad , talked about how she hoped time would have changed how she felt ( or something) ...anyway he also talked and gave his perspective. I guess they both understood each other very well because they are both in a one sided love. We see scenes of the others with JY's voice over . Everyone seem down. 

Next day at office , Manager Cha talks to the male staff..think she probably was discussing with him about JY's talk concert thing that he was asked to do. After that they had team meet, and i think SA was assigned to help out with some communications and planning.  As she was calling someone , telling them her name, they kept thinking she was saying sorry. Lol! SA thinks of how JY had easily saved her name in his phone the 1st time with no confusion. She smiled :D

Chairwoman was playing at the piano of her late daughter in their home. JK came down and chat with her. Somehow they brought up her mum...it does not seem like a happy talk.  A man came back...think Chairwoman's other son. Anyway, JK went out

JY was in the studio and SA came to meet him.

HH and JK meet at a cafe. He took out a box with couple rings...he asked for her hand. She seemed hesitant but gave it . He put her ring. Then asked her to do the same for him. But it was not like such happy or estactic moment. JK left quickly say it is time for practice. It was so strange. I believe they were supposed to meet JY. Anyway HH realises something is amiss.

HH goes to the studio where JY and SA was. SA left them alone. JK had gone to the toilet and she was washing her hands. Then SA came in. JK had just left but she left her ring. SA realised it could have been JK and ran after her to return it.

The guys were practising first while waiting for JK. HH breaks the news of planning to marry JK. JY puts on a poker expression - asked is that right. 

JK finally comes in for the practice. HH , I believe is connecting the dots about JY and JK's feelings. Anyway they start practising.  The practice was not so smooth as JK was not particularly feeling things and kept asking them to restart. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

The scene pans to SA washing up in the washroom. Then back to the studio. JY asked what could be the matter that JK could not seem to play. JK was like I don't know ...the air was so tense in the room - all the unspoken feelings and suspicion ( on HH's part) was rather clear. JK then finally said some things to JY which pissed JY off. He packed his stuff and left. She went after him...hmm then she asked him for a birthday gift - the song she wanted him to play.  He did not want to . SA was actually nearby...but she did not interfere. However her phone messages went off. So they saw her. Anyway, JY asked her if she was free now...he says he should do the work discussion with her now. And they left JK standing there. 

HH in the room alone , feeling down.  Then later he sent JK off in a cab.

SA and JY had a short chat in the office meeting room.

Then JY went to the studio, wanted to practise. But could not. He thought of he and JK childhood memories

SA had come off the bus near her home. Bumped into DY, she kept her distance and just greeted him and went off.  He asked her if she was alright. She smiled politely and said yes. Then she just walked off. He was surprised she was not as warm as usual.

HH came to look for JY. Then JY and him went up his place to drink. But don't think much was said. JY then took the drunk HH home in a cab. He set up the fan etc for HH who was very sleepy. Then he left.  In the bus, JY kept thinking of what HH said to him about asking him to just go (leave) . He wondered why HH said that.

• Like 5

Next morning, SA , Manager Cha went to the school where JY was supposed to do the concert talk. They met some strange dude who was asking who she was , and Cha said she was their intern...not sure why he found it weird. Anyway, i think they went there to make arrangements for the talk.

JY met up with his mum at the cafe...sigh...think she was asking for more money for his useless dad. Then he sent mum off in a cab

So SA  and Manager Cha looked at the hall where the talk will be held with that weird guy. Cha went off to make a call. The weird guy was kind of rude to SA...liked he looked down at SA for being an intern ( at this age) . JY came in time and overheard the guy. The guy was pleased to meet the famour JY but JY told him off instead..somewhat defending SA. After that they left

Manager Cha had to meet the orchestra director.

Then JY met up with JK in the cafe...(this is killing me) ...but anyhow he said a couple of things and walked off in a huff...She went after him...think he wished her well or something. She was like are you being sincere ( I guess he won't want to tell his real feelings) ...he was like yes please live well or something.

• Like 5

SA and  JY having work meeting at the office. He was not focused, and SA could tell. Started asking about what would make him happy etc. Then suddenly he asked if she would have a meal with him now, to her surprise. After that they sat down by some scenic place with water feature , and they had a nice chat. So cute, they were both smiling...a little bit shy. But what I like was that they could also be comfortable talking about more serious things. He asked her something that made her surprised and smiled a lot. 

Then next day, we get that scene in the preview where she was waiting for him outside the center , he was walking towards her and both smiling broadly . Think this was the day of the talk. They got into a cab. She asked him stuff- related to being a pianist and all.  I always like how sweet and calm their talks are.

They arrived at the school and was met by the weird dude. Anyway, JY starts practising . So after that the talk concert starts....JY was greeted by lots of enthusiastic children.

JK meanwhile was meeting a bunch of high society ladied  - think it was her aunt or something. She was bored.

Back to JY's concert talk...the MC asked him some questions . His answer reminded SA of what he told her at the office. ( sorry wait for subs) ..but she did tell him something to encourage him then. Back to the concert hall. The scene pans btwn the questions he was answering at the hall , and what he told SA in private. But from what I am guessing the answers he is giving at the concert was for PR...did not feel like it was coming from an honest place.  SA could see that. 

JK was trying to make it to the concert but was stuck in bad traffic. She was looking at her ring.  Then at the hall , they took out the childhood pics of him and JK - think they were ex students there...they were asking if it was his girlfriend. He  was like , no just a friend. Then I think they asked about his ideal type or something , or who he liked ...then he saw JK stading at the back of the hall. And he paused. SA saw JK too.

The episode ends...

( ehhhhhhh what is this? )

Preview

okay they are gonna play out the triangle next week. But the good news is we will see them go out together and walk by that scenic wall...and it looks like their hands are very close...and SBS may troll us ! :smug:

@LaLa Trouble you to translate if you can . Thanks

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

SBSNow Twitter Update: Graduation/Family Potraits

Is this mean we have a time jump?

From what I understand this was the past , her graduation photos when she did her business degree .

Hv to wait till next week 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291cde5a55c8a2b9415b

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Rough translations

JK: Traumerei
JK: If I knew, is it not okay ? (I'm not really sure about this one)
YJ: Playing piano is one thing, there will be nothing change even if you play it (?)
JK: Are you really sure that there's no meaning at all?
YJ: Because between you and I, our relationship shouldn't really have any meaning (probably means they are just purely friends, nothing more)
HH: You can take a break and comeback. Please just don't leave me
Chairwoman: In Seoryong Univ, there's an empty slot for a professor, how about you try for it?
HH: That job, (I think it's better for) Jung Kyung...
DY: I found someone who has been in love like she did (?) and I felt bad about it. I'm sorry
JY: Do you have any plans for tomorrow dinner after finishing work? 
JY: Song Ah-ssi!
JY: I don't know why I think about you when I'm having a long day
JY: Song Ah-ssi, perhaps...
SA: Yes... I like it

@abs-oluteM there are several parts that I'm not really sure, but the important one for next preview is that JY needs SA when he is having a hard time :heart:

----------

@im0202 @SilverMoonTea @wallflowersforjane you girls living in the same timezone anyway. You can wake up each other and have a watching party early in the morning while sipping some coffee :brb:

Is it only me who have yet to watch ep 3? xD

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I just watched Ep 3 last night and the last scene really got my heart breaking for the two of them. Longer thoughts coming later!

10 hours ago, im0202 said:

Masterful baiting by the editor of the preview lol. They know we are thirsty...

YES! I was waiting and waiting for the “let’s be friends” line and they really gave it to us only at the end?! The previews are such a :Trap:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

𝔻𝕠 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕞𝕤

Fɪʟᴍɪɴɢ Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ 

Episode 4  - I was delighted to saw the clip on twitter for this scene. I was amazed on how pretty it was during the nighttime !

The location is at Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천)

Cheonggyecheon Stream starts from Cheonggye Plaza, just off Sejong-ro Avenue. Cheonggye Plaza roughly covers an area of 2,500 square meters, and is located at the starting point of Cheonggyecheon Stream. The square, created based on the design of traditional Korean bojagi (a colorful wrapping cloth), features the elegant beauty of traditional stonework that is colorful yet refined. 

Other dramas filmed here (according to my drama list) were Chicago Typewriter and Live Up To Your Name.

How to get here :

Directions
[Subway]
- City Hall, Jonggak, Jongno 3(sam)-ga, Jongno 5(o)-ga, Dongdaemun, Sinseol-dong Stations (Seoul Subway Line 1)
- City Hall, Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Euljiro 3(sam)-ga, Euljiro 4(sa)-ga, Sindang, Sangwangsimni Stations (Seoul Subway Line 2)
- Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, 3 and 5)
- Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station (Seoul Subway Line 4)
- Gwanghwamun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5)

TIP:

This could be your additional DIY  itinerary , if you plan to visit Gyeongbukgung and Deoksugung Palace. You will also be able to see King Sejong statute on the way here. 

Spoiler

I think every month/season have their themes installed along the stream. During Chuseok of 2017, this was the decoration they have made. It was raining when I went to visit this place, very much apt for the atmosphere !

102526458855e2ce09c2ba1795d84f96.jpg

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@mademoisellesia :wow:dang...he's so cute...when he smiles with that dimple of his...hmm I melt. 

I just got off watching with subs....ehh I so badly want them to be together. But I do know given that we're only 4 eps out of 16 it will be a while before anything can happen. The feelings that Joon Young and Jung Kyung have for each other are very deep, and will need proper closure.

The one thing that struck me quite a bit was what JK said to him at that awkward rehersal with Hyun Ho. She was practically pushing him to come clean with his feelings - telling him for once , do something he really wanted. I agreed with her here.  It was not just about his feelings for her , it was also about what he really wanted for his career. It was clear in the  later part of the episode, during his conversation with Song Ah , that JY has lost that joy of  playing . He was competing and performing because it was expected of him, and because it would pay the bills.   On a side note , I felt bad for Hyun Ho watching all this - knowing that both your best friend and girlfriend have such strong feelings for each other all along. And you have been a fool for not picking this up earlier. 

The writer is making it clear is that even though both Song Ah and Joon Young cannot seem to express their deepest feelings to the people around them, they are very comfortable sharing their inner thoughts with each other. If this isn't the foundation to a good relationship, I don't know what is.  I am glad that SBS is not using the usual bickering / quarreling trope to get them together. It is refreshing that they connect in such a warm and calm manner the way they do. No yelling , no screaming. Just tonnes of no-need-for-words eye contact and honest conversations. :heart:

And these lines, gosh so swoony...this is what Joon Young wants! 

8SwEedb.pngV8WAWwS.png

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

99644B385F58640D346DD5

source

Episode 4 is :hearties:. And look at that smile Joon Young gives us as he sees Song Ah from afar. Aigoo. And she, too, was happy to see him. How can this not be about budding relationship? They obviously have started to develop feelings for each other. Hehehe. That relationship chart is just trolling us.

I would like to spend some time to share my thoughts just that I'm super exhausted right now. Joon Young will play Traumerei in episode 5, isn't it? Because Song Ah requested it.

@abs-oluteM Yeaaah, he has cute dimples.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finally caught up and I think I'm on the most recent episode (slow drama watcher here)! Really liking the gentle nature of both the leads and the slow-burn building of a relationship between two empathetic souls. I also like the set up of 2 love triangles that sort of overlap as they both help each other get over their unrequited loves. This love story creates a certain dreaminess and mood, which I love. Definitely a fan of Park Eun Bin, and I think she's perfectly cast for this role. There's also a good chemistry between SA & JY both in a refreshingly realistic manner - awkward, but curious about the other person...I find that's the way the best relationships start out in real life!

In terms of the side character, I find characters like JK super annoying. JY doesn't say his feelings, but she's aware of them and yet she's not openly making a move, but getting angry at him for not saying anything while she agrees to date his best friend. Honestly, unless they reveal something new about their past, it's looking like she caused her own unhappiness.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The writer is making it clear is that even though both Song Ah and Joon Young cannot seem to express their deepest feelings to the people around them, they are very comfortable sharing their inner thoughts with each other. If this isn't the foundation to a good relationship, I don't know what is.  I am glad that SBS is not using the usual bickering / quarreling trope to get them together. It is refreshing that they connect in such a warm and calm manner the way they do. No yelling , no screaming. Just tonnes of no-need-for-words eye contact and honest conversations. :heart:

Yes! This is so true! I'm finding this series refreshing as it seems to be a quiet love story where 2 people of a similar nature in similar situations meet...and it's less of that hate-love-bantering that is a bit stereotypical to romances, but more of a connecting on a deeper level from the start sort of thing :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Yay @JenL @ktcjdrama Happy you guys caught up & are watching this with us .I was particularly happy when he said without reservations that he must hv missed her & how seeing her made him happy . And her priceless smile in response :wow:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2911e86e7bd7fa546280

@mademoisellesia @im0202Kim Min Jae alleviates our fears about the no love line . He clearly says there will be here ! @SilverMoonTea no need to throw stones at SBS! 

Drama tops good data ranking 1st week of sept 

Spoiler

ParkEunBin’s agency update . 

Spoiler

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Ahem @mademoisellesia I posted some ship related ones on the shipping thread . But it’d be great if someone could help us translate this . @LaLa if you’re free by any chance & don’t mind , can you translate the video above . Basically the OTP ones ? :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 4

On 9/1/2020 at 2:18 PM, im0202 said:

Made it a priority to watch Ep 1 before work today haha. Ep 1 did not disappoint!

I've separated my thoughts into 2 parts, music and non-music.

Music:

The conductor for the first performance was a little too harsh asking two violinists to leave. Does this even happen in real life?
Usually, if certain sections are too loud, the conductor will just request for the section to play softer (p, pp or even ppp!). The rehearsal shown was on the day of the performance, so the conductor would already have had many practices with the orchestra, and the numbers would already have been decided long time ago.
The only reason members are removed is probably if they are really not up to par, not because the section is 'too loud'. It just doesn't make sense to remove members on the day of the performance itself. 
I was in a choir before and we did many performances, but this never happened. So this was just a decision that made me scratch my head.

Kim Min Jae's performance on the piano:
Looked pretty realistic as far as dramas go! Except for the (maybe) nit-pick that  he bounced a little too much for the first part

Haha, as someone who doesn't play music at all, I have always wondered in these musical dramas whether the actors look realistic when they play the instruments especially if they're meant to be the 'top' musicians :MonkaTang: Haha, this kind of answers my question. I suspect they also often pick actors who have played instruments before so they don't have to start from scratch and sometimes do body doubles with actual players, haha.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days