Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

I love the BTS! It confirmed my guess that PEB knows how to play the violin herself, judging from the way she holds the bow. I am so glad, because it irks me so much when the production team don’t even bother to ensure realistic portrayal when the actor/actress does not know how to play. One example that I remembered was an old drama where FL is a cellist and yet she has long nails :shocked: so awkward when she was trying to “fake” play the cello.

Hmm, I see not much crumbs for the ship from the BTS... other than the same laughing reaction at the end. The BTS mostly talked about FL and the instrument. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm, I see not much crumbs for the ship from the BTS... other than the same laughing reaction at the end. The BTS mostly talked about FL and the instrument. 

Ahem ....after our ship captain @SilverMoonTea will cry ! Don't worry us shippers got special vision :smug:...can see what nobody can..

@mademoisellesia I cannot wait for next week...at this rate I will be spending my time here, KMJ and the shippers thread .

Eeeek got subs

Anyway these IG link will give you more translations. The owner has a YT account but has not posted for this drama. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE_DY1bJgGl/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE_EJ7iJnte/

These so cute ...for ship crumbs

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE_FcUZJvXB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE970MpJv3g/

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

6 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Kim Min Jae plays Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and Birthday Song himself.

I totally swooned at this part. Guys who can play a musical instrument are my weakness, especially the piano :wow:

21 hours ago, JenL said:

I suspect they also often pick actors who have played instruments before so they don't have to start from scratch and sometimes do body doubles with actual players, haha.

Yeah Kim Minjae can play the piano, while Park Eunbin mentioned in an interview that she learned the violin for a bit while younger. But she practised a lot 3-4 months before the filming started as she realised it's too hard to use CG for violin-playing since the instrument is so close to the face. For the drama, she plays the violin without a substitute violinist.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
5 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I totally swooned at this part. Guys who can play a musical instrument are my weakness, especially the piano.

Guys who plays most instruments earn extra brownies from me. That's how I fell for Seo Kang Joon in Cheese in the Trap 😅😁🤭

I've re-watched this scene a few times. And swoon at his beautiful fingers hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Oooo. Thank you for sharing. And woah my ears hurt. Kudos to the violin teachers who had to teach beginners. She got better somewhere in July although still out of pitch in the last one from August. I've only recognised two pieces Tchaikovsky and Mendelssohn. Edit: Hmm, I think there's Brahms Violin Concerto in D too, sound similar but hard to tell.

Her hair was so short in April but by May it was so much longer.

New stills

18xOMNYM52f8637356083215028425.jpg

Not sure why Joon Young is seeing this conductor again but he gives off bad news vibe...

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@im0202 I am really impressed that our leads are doing a lot of leg work where the instruments are concerned. We have seen a lot of KMJ playing , it will be nice to see Park Eun Bin do the same .

@mademoisellesia Is that the same guy who met Manager Cha in the cafe? I don't like him either.

@abnoch  by any chance you're watching this? You should check it out. Music and story is good. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM i'm currently on ep 4 LOL. The female lead is so great & what the heck of all the triangles haha

i also watch flower of evil, just finished ep 4. I root for the premise & leads, i agree with bai it will be really good. She talked about foe a lot & as exchange i would recommend this drama to her when she is back. I hope these two dramas are also in netflix

I will watch secret forest 2 only with her

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

f-150-st-steam.png

14 minutes ago, abnoch said:

@abs-oluteM i'm currently on ep 4 LOL. The female lead is so great & what the heck of all the triangles haha

Yes, the crazy love triangles ....someone drew venn diagram :lol:

Spoiler

Reading some great stuff about FOE. Bai was right.

------------

Love triangle 1 , SBS stills. This is going to be the more angsty one of the 2 love triangles.  

EhxNkH2WoAASIIf?format=jpg&name=largeEhxNkH6XcAg9kSy?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 4

I really need to be faster at this watching an episode and writing down my thoughts thing!

Ep 3

The episode opens on such an adorable note, Joon-young looks so happy to know Song-ah likes his music and is a fan. It speaks to how she instinctively knows how to cheer him up. My eyebrows did raise a bit when I saw that Song-ah chose to spend her time with Joon-young instead of her best friend Min-seong, and it mars the moment they are having because the impetus for Song-ah to stay was not for Joon-young but to avoid an uncomfortable time of listening to Min-seong talk about Dong-yoon.

Joon-young opening himself up to Song-ah so early in their acquaintance is such a rare moment in K-dramas and I daresay in life. I am totally swooning at how he finds comfort in her to confide this much. Their conversation about Gyeonghui Palace and Joon-young’s preference for older music yet again shows JY’s desire for a home or a stabilising constant in his life, so to have Song-ah appearing at the Palace, the only constant in life, is a significant moment! :hearties:

After the concert, it totally broke my heart to see Song-ah standing at the threshold of the stage that she never got to perform at. She never had the chance to turn her dreams into reality.

I don’t like how the SA, MS and DY triangle is going. I didn’t expect that the FWB card would be played because now MS and DY are going to be actively hurting SA, DY having some very murky feelings about both girls and MS still being oblivious to SA’s feelings. Ugh.

“We’re all people who chose to play music,” says Song-ah. I found this line really striking because in the group, Song-ah might be the only person who really chose to play music. Not too sure about Hyeon-ho yet. Joon-young plays now for the sake of supporting his family and I hope he finds his joy in the music again. Jung-kyung was a prodigy but who seems to have lost her touch and is persisting to play because that’s the only life she has known. I thought it was pretty cold of her own grandmother to be so blunt about her current skills though.

Jung-kyung definitely irritates me with her constant push and pull but I can’t help but feel sorry about the situation she has found herself in. She’s battling herself, trying to live up to her past reputation and having to deal with rejections and the whispers surrounding her downfall. And while she has yet to sort out her professional life, she has Hyeon-ho ready to move onto the next stage of their relationship that she isn’t ready for and Joon-young (who has been a constant in her life) finally decides to get over her. Her family also has a strange vibe with a distant dad and a grandmother pressuring her to go into the family’s foundation. It’s no wonder she’s all over the place.

So both Song-ah and Jung-kyung have the same birthday (they are Cancer signs!), what a (k-drama) coincidence. I am guessing there will be more to Jung-kyung and her mother going forward but it’s really sad to know that her birthday is also her mother’s death anniversary.

It’s so sweet of SA’s team to celebrate her birthday with her. I am glad that most of her day was spent pleasantly. I am quite irritated that Min-seong couldn’t control herself enough and dumped on Song-ah in the end.

I know it’s a drama but sometimes it cracks me up that the leads are so perceptive of each other’s micro-expressions, can remember the previous conversation they had with each other to make the connection and just happen to walk past significant moments. I can barely remember my lunch from yesterday. But basically all this is to say that thank goodness, both JY and SA know the score about each other’s unrequited love.

The last scene was so beautiful in its melancholy. As much as it was Song-ah’s misery in that moment, I felt Joon-young channeling his own in that moment to reach out to her to let him know he understood what she was going through. With Song-ah, Joon-young more than expresses himself through music but also touch (!), not to mention how we began the episode with him talking to Song-ah. This is a side of him that even Jung-kyung may not know, seeing how she constantly repeats he only speaks through music. But yet with Song-ah, it’s seems instinctive and natural.

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM

That guy was Joon Young's piano teacher. I just saw an ep5 cut clip (maybe from Naver TV) of them talking & their relationship doesn't look good. The teacher walks away mumbling to himself, "Manage your facial expressions, saegi-ah". Joon Young looks uncomfortable too.

Guess he's a "villain" after all 😅

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

Ep 4

Since Ep 1, ever since knowing that Joon-young took the year off to rest and recharge, in my head I jokingly called him the king of self-care. TBH I admire his courage to take the year off to take care of himself. Seeing him in this Ep 4 opener telling Song-ah to think of herself and not care about others, or to do things in moderation, sounds like a mantra he had internalised to protect and preserve himself. I am glad Joon-young has her back during her moment in need. 

That whispered “thank you” and how they were both so in sync to say the same thing - AHHHHH!

We finally get more of Hyeon-ho. I am a bit confused about what Hyeon-ho was asking of the doorman because the subs refer to Jung-kyung as a guest but isn’t this her family’s foundation building? I thought that she would be quite well-known. I figured he wasn’t rich from this conversation with the Team Leader in Ep 3 but his background is humbler than expected. Maybe this is his dilemma. He’s been reaching high for his dreams - pursuing his music studies overseas, wanting to marry the girl he loves, intending to audition and play in foreign orchestras - what does he do when his reality holds him back from achieving his dreams.

The trio rehearsal scene is SO LOADED WITH TENSION. I can barely breathe watching them talking in code around each other.

I really like how the Team Leader trusts Song-ah to do her work. The Credit Card Manager is so annoying. It’s nice to see Joon-young charging in to “save” Song-ah but I sort of wished he didn’t because I wanted to see how she would stand up for herself. The situation is really relatable though. I was in a similar situation like Song-ah when I was an intern and my supervisor taught me to be confident and not to present myself as an intern because others may look down on you. In turn, she never introduced me as an intern but a colleague. I was really grateful for that and I try to practice this in the appropriate situations as well.

Joon-young is so smooth! Has there been a smoother hero than him! I am totally squealing through this entire sequence. Why are they so cute at dinner, laughing and talking to one another so freely! Why are they always wearing dark and light and being seen through windows that look like piano keys! Them smiling and being all bashful at each other. [Wow, Kim Min-Jae, the power of your smile, I felt it.]

This is such a fancy concert for one school of students. I feel so bad for Joon-young as we see the contrast in his real and his public answers. I really hope he finds the joy in playing the piano and performing again. This just isn’t healthy for him to keep going on like that and I am sure he knows it by choosing to take the year off.

All the cafes in this drama is so pretty! Thank you @bluepebbles for sharing more about each location. I am checking them out and I might put them on my Korea list.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2