Awaken 낮과 밤 [2021]

Darkarcana

@Darkarcana, here is your translation. I'm not familiar enough with the characters to identify most of the women, so I've just left them as "woman" in the speaker identification. Hope you get the idea anyway.

KID: I’ve made a deal with Do Jung Woo.
DJW: Was it in order to make this drug that you sacrificed all those children? Because you wanted to try to live forever?
Jamie: Mom
Woman: You’ve grown up so well. My daughter.
DJW: Don’t say such ridiculous things and return Dr. Jamie right now.
Woman: Oppa!

Woman: What are you doing, Team Leader!
DJW: If we both die, we can end this.
Woman: No. Don’t go.
Woman: That’s why you were born. You monster.

• Thanks 3

SO is he alive or dead.. @Darkarcana....such a tease this kind of ending

Spoiler recaps eps 16 from here https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=news&sm=tab_jum&query=낮과-밤

In the last episode of tvN's Monday and Tuesday drama'Day and Night', which aired on the 19th, a scene was drawn where Do Jeong-woo (Nam Gung-min) destroyed the secret laboratory and disappeared without a trace with Cho Hyun-hee (Ahn Si-ha). 

On this day, Cho Hyun-hee kidnapped Jamie (played by Lee Cheong-ah), and Do Jeong-woo entered a secret laboratory. To complete the formula of eternal life, Cho Hyun-hee began separating Do Jeong-woo's serum, and while taking time off, Moon Jae-woong (played by Yoon Sun-woo) and Yoon Seok-pil (played by Choi Chul-cheol) hacked into the secret laboratory data and began to delete all the data.

Although the serum was completed, Do Jeong-woo said, "I don't know if it's a drug for immortality or death in Germany. It's an unproven formula." Cho Hyun-hee said, "It's proof that I don't get old for 30 years." Tried. 

However, Oh Jung-hwan refused to be a test subject and ran out to find the drug hidden in the car, but it was a trap that Do Jeong-woo had dug. As a result, Oh Jung-hwan was rapidly aging and died on the spot. Meanwhile, all the secret laboratory data was deleted, and Do Jeong-woo tried to end the tragedy of the White Night Village. 

In response, Jo Hyun-hee tried to put the tea injection on her arm in joy. But Do Jung-woo said, "Don't do it. Have you ever regretted it?" In addition, Do Jung-woo said, "Even if the experiment was for your son and daughter," he said, "I remember your expression as soon as you were born. At first, an expression of worries and excitement. Not the birth of a new life. In the completion of a successful experiment," It was a satisfied expression," he cried. 

Cho Hyun-hee said to Do Jung-woo, "You were born to do that. You are a monster." Accordingly, Do Jung-woo struggled with pain, saying, "A monster. It would have been better not to be born like this," and in the process, another personality within Do Jung-woo came out. Jamie realized, "Do Jung-woo also suffered from dissociative disorder." 

Jamie begged, "Brother, please stop," and Do Jung-woo regained his spirit.

Before the bombing, Do Jeong-woo gave Jo Hyun-hee a chance to apologize and give up the experiment, but Cho Hyun-hee said, "As a scientist, I have a duty to watch the completion of this experiment. Do Jung-woo shed tears, saying, "You and I, who started this tragedy, can only end this sad story when the two of us disappear." 

Later, those involved in the secret study were punished. Gong Hye-won asked Gong Il-do to apologize, but Gong-il-do was still saying, "I haven't done anything wrong." Afterwards, Gong Hye-won found a candy stick that Do Jung-woo liked to eat in Jeong Soon-gu's (Woohyun)'s vehicle and realized that Do Jung-woo was alive. 

Gong Hye-won, who informed Lee Ji-wook of this fact, heard the news from Lee Ji-wook that "I confirmed that I got on the ferry to the island. Only Jeong Soon-gu got out of the car. But there was a person who saw Do Jeong-woo on that island." 

Gong Hye-won, who was promoted to the team leader, tried to arrest a bully holding a knife with the team, but it was not easy to suppress the knife swinging by the bully. At that moment, during the arrest, a sign suddenly fell and he was able to subdue the bully. Gong Hye-won watched a person who resembled Do Jeong-woo's back in the crowd. The man ate candy like Do Jung-woo, implying that Do Jung-woo was alive. 

• Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I vote for he is alive. Well, he survived a burnt down mansion before, what’s a warehouse explosion for him 😉 the blue lollipop is to curb his brain/health problem. 

After watching, I sort of felt that maybe he is, this time round his ending dress code  look more fresher more bright. Maybe, that explosion is like an alarm clock that wakes Jung Woo and everyone up. So all these time, we are seeing the night Jung woo, then the ending scene we finally get to see the day version of Jung Woo. So it explains that the candy and dress code have changed.

• Like 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Probably one of the best moment for me:

23d-1611085444-e-224555-1.gif

The way he tilt his head and his facial expression is telling me "What do you mean stop? They hurt us for so long, they should pay." So many messages to it. His performance as the monster is great! Even though the monster was quite short. 

The most painful moment for me:

20210120-192948.gif

This scene really make me feel so bad for him! The fact that he is the one who is holding everyone together and yet he suffers the most out of everyone is making feel like I can cry anytime 😭

@abs-oluteM Abs Abs! I HAVE Scene detachment issues! I swear watching this scene, I'm like "This is the best thing ever!" *cough* not saying that Hye Won gets strangled is the best thing ever but like...you know what I mean! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif