True Beauty 여신강림 [2020-2021]

[News] 2020.11.06 tvN's 'True Beauty' calls off filming after a staff member comes in contact with a COVID19 spreader

1604644696-20201106-truebeauty.jpg

According to reports on November 6, ongoing filming for tvN's upcoming Wed-Thurs drama series 'True Beauty' has been called off for tomorrow, November 7. 

The filming staff was recently informed that one staff member was identified as having come in close-contact with a COVID19 spreader, and must undergo immediate testing. As a result, filming has been cancelled for November 7 until further updates. All cast and crew members are also encouraged to limit going outside, coming in close contact with others, etc while awaiting the test results of the staff member in question. 

Filming is expected resume soon, as tvN assured that the filming staff has followed COVID19 prevention measures including disinfecting regularly. 

tvN's 'True Beauty' starring Moon Ga Young, ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo, Hwang In Yeop, and more is set to premiere this December. 

source: AllKPOP

====

OH NO!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

[News] 2020.11.10 Moon Ga Young Transforms Into Barefaced High School Student In New Drama “True Beauty”

EmdZnyHUYAAiGkA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

tvN’s upcoming drama “True Beauty” has released more stills of Moon Ga Young as Lim Ju Gyeong!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, the romantic comedy is about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), a cheerful and optimistic high school student who uses makeup to deal with her insecurities about her appearance. She’s determined to hide her bare face from the world, so she tends to overdo her makeup. She meets Lee Su Ho (ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo), who has wounds of his own, and they grow as they share their secrets with each other.

EmdZnyJVcAAXlbi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

In the new stills, viewers can catch a glimpse of Lim Ju Gyeong without any makeup on. She’s wearing oversized black-framed glasses, and her dark eyebrows are especially noticeable. Her cheeks are covered with red blotches, and her hair is pulled back into a ponytail. Despite the fact that she’s barefaced, she steals attention with her bright smile that radiates positive energy.

Expectations are high for Moon Ga Young as she will switch back and forth between makeup goddess Lim Ju Gyeong and innocent high school student Lim Ju Gyeong.

EmdZnyJVkAASrfT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The production crew of “True Beauty” commented, “Moon Ga Young surprised the crew by completely transforming into Lim Ju Gyeong and paying attention to every aspect of her character’s facial expression, behavior, and speech. She never fails to make the set brighter with her lovely charm, and she doesn’t mind going through rough transformations in order to fully portray her character. Please look forward to Moon Ga Young’s performance as she brings Lim Ju Gyeong to life.”

“True Beauty” is scheduled to premiere in December.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

I like that they've actually made her blemishes look bad. Too many of these transformation films have the "unattractive person" just put on glasses and take them off. Like come on, make it more realistic :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I like that they've actually made her blemishes look bad. Too many of these transformation films have the "unattractive person" just put on glasses and take them off. Like come on, make it more realistic

Usually they will start it off looking unattractive and then right around the mid-episodes, the characters get a make-over or upgrade in looks/haircut etc, and will become beautiful. Not sure if you had seen She Was Pretty, it's like that for Hwang Jung Eum's character too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope that whoever the staff member was, they remained symptom-free. With so many people working together on a project, it's a little scary when one is reported to be in close connect with someone positive for COVID. 

HIY looks so much like his character! I mean I think they all look like their characters but he looks the most like his. 

• Like 4

[News] 2020.11.12 ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Isn’t What He Seems In Upcoming Drama Adaptation Of “True Beauty”

EmlfqGDVkAAXt30?format=jpg&name=4096x409

tvN’s upcoming drama “True Beauty” has unveiled its first stills of ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo in his starring role!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about two people who learn to overcome their insecurities and find confidence after sharing their secrets with one another. Moon Ga Young will star as Lim Ju Gyeong, who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. Meanwhile, Cha Eun Woo will star as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who seems to have it all, but is secretly harboring his own emotional wounds.

EmlfrVjUcAEFZDo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The newly released stills of Cha Eun Woo hint at the sharp contrast between how his character appears on the outside—and what he’s actually like on the inside. The first photos capture model student Lee Su Ho looking cold, distant, and aloof as he focuses on his studies and shoots a frosty glance at someone off-camera.

However, when Lee Su Ho is alone at home, his inner self shines through. Dressed comfortably and adorably clutching a pillow, Lee Su Ho smiles gently at something he sees on his phone, revealing his hidden soft side that others never get to see.

EmlfrVkU8AAXOne?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The producers of “True Beauty” commented, “From the very first day of filming, Cha Eun Woo made a flawless transformation into the character of Lee Su Ho. Not only is he a match in terms of his appearance, but he is also capturing the very essence of [the webtoon character] Lee Su Ho with his acting, through which he is displaying a wide variety of charms.”

They added, “Because it seems like we’ll be able to show good things to the many viewers awaiting the drama, we are currently really enjoying our work. Please show a lot of anticipation and interest.”

“True Beauty” premieres on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Source (1) via Soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

[News] 2020.11.13 Hwang In Yeob Is A Wild Rebel With Heart Of Gold In Drama Adaptation Of “True Beauty”

Emo_5L0VkAAJigJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

tvN’s upcoming drama “True Beauty” has revealed its first stills of Hwang In Yeob in character!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about a girl named Lim Ju Gyeong (played by Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo will star in the drama as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, while Hwang In Yeob will play Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.

Emo_5LzUYAEd-4j?format=jpg&name=4096x409

In the newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Hwang In Yeob exudes an intimidating aura as the unapproachable Han Seo Jun. One photo captures the student coolly alighting from his motorcycle in his school uniform, while another shows the character glaring daggers at someone.

However, in spite of his bad-boy looks and charm, Han Seo Jun turns out to be a sweet, warm-hearted guy underneath his tough exterior.

Emo_5L2UcAAjLQi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The producers of “True Beauty” commented, “In order to make a complete transformation into the character of Han Seo Jun, Hwang In Yeob has been endlessly analyzing details such as his hairstyle, tone of voice, and gestures. As a result, his synchronization with the [original character from the webtoon] is currently at 200 percent. Please look forward to Hwang In Yeob, who will be displaying explosive new charms in ‘True Beauty.'”

“True Beauty” premieres on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Dishes On His Chemistry With “True Beauty” Co-Star Moon Ga Young, His Favorite Scenes, And More

13c8bd25786741d198b6c944009e1ba7.jpeg?s=

Ahead of the premiere of tvN’s “True Beauty,” ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo talked about his character in the upcoming drama and more!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about two people who learn to overcome their insecurities and find confidence after sharing their secrets with one another. Moon Ga Young will star as Lim Ju Gyeong, who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks.

Cha Eun Woo will star as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who seems to have it all, but is secretly harboring his own emotional wounds. Hwang In Yeob will also star in the drama as Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.

Recalling how he first heard about the original webtoon, Cha Eun Woo revealed, “The other ASTRO members told me that there was a webtoon character who looked like me. That’s when I first heard about Su Ho.”

As for why he decided to appear in the drama adaptation, he shared, “After my first encounter with the webtoon, I had already met with the director and writer when I read the script, so my fondness of the character [of Su Ho] grew [while reading]. I was also really drawn to the fact that it was a fun and bubbly school story.”

Cha-Eun-Woo-2.jpg

Cha Eun Woo described the character of Lee Su Ho by remarking, “He’s a character who looks cold on the outside, but actually has a warm heart, is occasionally a bit of a klutz, and even has a cute side. He has unexpected charms.”

He added, “He’s a character that has a different kind of backstory from the other characters I’ve played up until now. I think I’ll be able to showcase a new side of myself as a student.”

In order to achieve a more convincing portrayal of Lee Su Ho, Cha Eun Woo is currently going to great lengths to get into the mindset of the character. “In order to understand the character of Su Ho better, I followed the director’s advice to spend my last 30 minutes before going to bed thinking about things that Su Ho has been through,” shared the ASTRO member. “I think about Su Ho’s backstory before going to sleep.”

He continued, “I’m also practicing sports like jujitsu and basketball in order to better portray the character of Su Ho, who loves sports.”

In terms of how similar he is to the character of Lee Su Ho, Cha Eun Woo commented, “Like Su Ho, I have a lot of interest in fashion and I also love sports. But I think we’re different in the way that Su Ho doesn’t hesitate to say cold things and the way he firmly puts up a wall between him and others.”

The idol-turned-actor also raved about his experience on set with his co-stars.

“I’m really having so much fun during filming,” said Cha Eun Woo. “Because I became a trainee during my high school days, I don’t have that many memories from high school, but while hanging out with the other actors on the ‘True Beauty’ set, chatting and acting together, I feel like I’ve really become a high school student. The cast and crew are all so sunny and cheerful, and I like them so much that I’m really enjoying filming.”

Cha Eun Woo also spoke highly of his co-star Moon Ga Young, sharing, “My chemistry and teamwork with Ga Young is really great. We talk about scenes and work things out together during rehearsal, and we try out different things [while acting together]. We’re having fun filming.”

“In particular, there are a lot of scenes that the three of us film together—me, Ga Young, and In Yeob—and I think that when the three of us come together, we have really great synergy,” he said.

When asked to grade his own chemistry with Moon Ga Young and Hwang In Yeob, Cha Eun Woo gave himself a 99. “Since we still have more scenes left to film, I left one point so that we can fill up that last point while filming the scenes we have left,” he explained. “Let’s keep going until we reach 100!”

As for which scenes were the most fun to film, Cha Eun Woo revealed, “I especially had fun filming all of Ju Gyeong and Su Ho’s scenes together at the comic book store. The two characters gradually take off their masks around one another in this mysterious space, and there’s a subtle tension in the story that the two create together there, which I think was fun.”

Finally, Cha Eun Woo remarked, “‘True Beauty’ will be premiering soon. Considering how hard we’re working and how much fun we’re having during filming, I hope that the drama can deliver bubbly fun and laughter to its viewers.”

“I will work hard to try to show you good things and a new side of myself as Lee Su Ho, so please look forward to it,” he continued. “Let’s spend this winter and the end of the year together!”

“True Beauty” premieres on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source (1)

• Like 4

“True Beauty” Star Hwang In Yeob Talks About Chemistry With Moon Ga Young And Cha Eun Woo, How He Resembles His Character, And More

EnOzxg5VkAEMxqG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ahead of the premiere of tvN’s “True Beauty,” Hwang In Yeob dished on his character and his experience filming the drama!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about a girl named Lim Ju Gyeong (played by Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star in the drama as Lee Su Ho, a popular student with his own emotional wounds, while Hwang In Yeob will play Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.

“True Beauty” marks Hwang In Yeob’s very first time playing a leading role, and the actor couldn’t contain his excitement as he spoke about the drama.

“A year ago, I first saw in an article that ‘True Beauty’ would be adapted into a drama, and I thought to myself, ‘How great would it be if I could be in this drama?'” he recalled. “Thankfully, the opportunity to audition came my way, and I ended up actually being able to play the cool character of Han Seo Jun. I’m extremely delighted, and it feels like a dream.”

“I’m acting happily,” he went on. “As many people are looking forward to the drama with love and interest, I’m working hard to do my very best and show good things.”

Describing his character, Hwang In Yeob remarked, “Seo Jun is very stylish, and he looks rough and rebellious on the outside, but he’s actually a very warm-hearted and considerate guy. He’s a character that you just can’t hate, and he shows new and diverse charms depending on whom he’s interacting with.”

When asked whether his real-life personality resembled that of Han Seo Jun, the actor replied, “I think my level of synchronization with Han Seo Jun is 50 percent. We’re similar in the way that I, like Seo Jun, have a cold and sharp image that makes me seem hard to approach, but I’m actually the complete opposite. I laugh a lot, and I joke around a lot, and I’m the type who likes to talk to other people. I also have a lot of interest in fashion in real life.”

As for how he prepared for the role, Hwang In Yeob shared, “He’s such a visually striking character that from head to toe, I worried a lot about ‘What can I do to make myself Seo Jun-esque?’ I’m currently working together with the stylist team to try different things and figure out what will make me look more like Han Seo Jun while also suiting me personally.”

He continued, “Visual elements aside, I’m also talking to the director a lot and working hard to try to portray Seo Jun’s emotions well through my acting.”

That’s not all that Hwang In Yeob’s done to prepare for the drama, however. The actor went on to reveal, “Because I wanted to coolly portray Seo Jun, I got a motorcycle license in real life, and I also took action classes. I hope that you’ll keep an eye on Seo Jun’s first entrance [in the drama], which allows you to see all of these efforts pay off in one go.”

EnOzwj2UUAA2WHJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hwang In Yeob also expressed complete confidence in his chemistry with co-stars Moon Ga Young and Cha Eun Woo.

“Since I’m a rookie actor, Ga Young and Eun Woo are very considerate and have been taking good care of me,” he said. “That’s why I was able to become close with the two of them very quickly, and I’m really having fun acting together with them.”

“Because we’ve all become very close, we tease each other almost every day,” revealed the actor. “I think that this kind of real-life chemistry will shine through in the drama as well. I hope that you’ll pay attention to the chemistry between the three of us.”

When asked about his goals as an actor, Hwang In Yeob shared, “I’d like to become ‘an actor that people continuously look forward to.’ I don’t think there’s any phrase that could make me happier than that.”

Finally, he concluded, “In light of how much viewers are looking forward to and waiting for ‘True Beauty,’ I’m doing my very best and working hard during filming. I hope that you’ll tune in to the first episode on December 9 no matter what. Thank you!”

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 4

[News] 2020.11.25 “True Beauty” PD Shares Reasons For Casting Cha Eun Woo, Moon Ga Young, And Hwang In Yeob

fb122b5177ce422f9be72009369b6b10.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview, producing director (PD) Kim Sang Hyub of “True Beauty” talked about working with ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, Moon Ga Young, and Hwang In Yeob for the upcoming tvN drama.

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about a girl named Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young) who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. Cha Eun Woo will star in the drama as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, while Hwang In Yeob will play Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.

On why he decided to take on the drama, PD Kim Sang Hyub said, “I didn’t specifically think of doing a drama about school life. After I worked on my first school drama ‘Extraordinary You,’ I thought to myself, ‘If I get to direct another one next time, I think I can do a better job.’ While I was thinking that, I received an offer to create a drama version of ‘True Beauty.'”

He continued, “The main point of ‘True Beauty’ is Lim Ju Gyeong’s funny but sad growing pains. Rather than telling the story realistically, I thought that if I twisted it to be a comedy instead, the strange absurdities would be fun to watch. I hope ‘True Beauty’ will become a drama that viewers can watch comfortably.”

Kim Sang Hyub went on to describe his thinking behind casting Moon Ga Young, Cha Eun Woo, and Hwang In Yeob. “I think the original webtoon was a hit because of the drawing style and the characters,” he said. “I considered that to be important, and I worked on casting people who were really similar to the characters.”

He spoke about having faith in the three actors, first describing Moon Ga Young as someone with lots of dynamic energy. “I thought that it would be nice if Lim Ju Gyeong went around recklessly, and Moon Ga Young was especially talented in portraying that,” Kim Sang Hyub said.

He continued, “Starting her career as a child actress, Moon Ga Young has relatively more acting experience than others, and I liked how she was able to interpret her character.” Kim Sang Hyub went on to describe how the actress was not afraid to let herself go during certain scenes and to try out special effects makeup.

On Cha Eun Woo, the “True Beauty” PD said, “I think both the writer of the original webtoon and the webtoon’s fans would all think of Cha Eun Woo as the best person to play Su Ho. Before working on the drama, I had thought that Cha Eun Woo was someone who only had soft and refreshing sides to him, but as we worked together, I noticed he can be very manly, and when he looks at his co-star, he has a way of appearing innocent but sad at the same time.”

Kim Sang Hyub added, “We’re adding onto Su Ho’s character with his image from the webtoon as our foundation.”

He shared his praise for Hwang In Yeob as well, mentioning that the competition for his role had been intense. “First of all, Hwang In Yeob’s voice is so nice,” Kim Sang Hyub said. “He appears rough but also has a kind of sorrowful gaze.”

Kim Sang Hyub went on, “Hwang In Yeob is very considerate. He works hard on maximizing the chemistry among the characters.” He added that all three stars have bright energy and are hard workers. “Thanks to them, I’m having fun working on the drama,” he said.

Kim Sang Hyub also mentioned that the supporting characters of “True Beauty” will be adding to the fun, and he expressed his hope that the rookie actors cast in the drama will be able to be discovered.

On the drama’s message, the PD said, “To Ju Gyeong, makeup is like a mask. It’s a mask used for survival, and I wanted to discuss the problems of this generation and personal isolation through a story about a high school student who has no choice but to hide behind that mask and chooses to live as her persona.”

As a final thought, Kim Sang Hyub shared, “There are moments in life that were as sweet as chocolate. I’m directing this drama with the hope that viewers can go on a trip through their memories while watching this drama.”

“True Beauty” premieres on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2