True Beauty 여신강림 [2020-2021]

6 minutes ago, JenL said:

@mademoiselle At least there's source material, so even if you have SLS, you read the webtoon and your hopes will be dashed. But actually, I might be wrong...the last time I read, I think they were still dragging SL and female lead romance (though I'm pretty sure it's clear who is first lead)...but if the webtoon hasn't progressed....I expect those with SLS might also be preparing their weapons

The drama will have to improvise the ending coz that's what happened to Extraordinary You or even Hana Yori Dango back then. But with the line-up etc., it is already crystal clear who's getting ze girl. I suspect Hwang In Seop's character will put up a good fight, if the romance drag on in the webtoon, it can only mean he's a good character too. I don't know, when something like this is crystal clear, why do people still wanna bet on that 0% chance?

Are you watching this too @abs-oluteM or just campaigning? LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I suspect Hwang In Seop's character will put up a good fight, if the romance drag on in the webtoon, it can only mean he's a good character too.

He's one of those bad-boys-with-a-heart-of-gold types. Or at least that's the type of image his character goes for. Like a cool guy with  K-pop idol style. :SquirtleSquadCool: Btw, I'm trying to finish 18 Again so I don't get confused between the characters! XD

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know, when something like this is crystal clear, why do people still wanna bet on that 0% chance?

Hahaha I think people get deluded when they get SLS bad enough :laugh: Me, I have learnt to that if I develop SLS, it's on me to suffer through it. Sometimes they reward me by pairing the SL with a girl at the end who is better than the lead. Or sometimes the actors take advantage of it and work together on new projects :wow2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I think people get deluded when they get SLS bad enough. Me, I have learnt to that if I develop SLS, it's on me to suffer through it. Sometimes they reward me by pairing the SL with a girl at the end who is better than the lead. Or sometimes the actors take advantage of it and work together on new projects 

Upon reading this you know what popped up immediately in my mind? It's like those who knows chilli is hot but still eat it anyway to torture their tongues. No? Wrong analogy? :laugh:

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

He's one of those bad-boys-with-a-heart-of-gold types. Or at least that's the type of image his character goes for. Like a cool guy with  K-pop idol style.

Hmmm I see. I'm mostly not into bad boys so I think Soo Ho will be an easy win for me. :thinking:

11 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm trying to finish 18 Again so I don't get confused between the characters! XD

Bwahahaha yeah quickly catch up because new ones are starting soon and I might summon you over if I find them good.

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I checked out the first episode because I needed something sweet to fill the hole left by dodosol. 
Maybe it’s because I follow the webtoon, but I found myself skipping through a lot of the scenes. Overall, I still like the feel of the show. I’ve never seen Gangnam Beauty, but I surprisingly like Cha Eun Woo as Su Ho. Hope they mix up the plot a bit since there’s not much going on in the webtoon. They really need to sell SuHoJuGyeong though otherwise everyone will have extreme SLS when Seo Jun shows up.

I’ve only seen Lee Tae Ri in tale of the gumiho, so I was thrown off when I saw him play a silly character. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Upon reading this you know what popped up immediately in my mind? It's like those who knows chilli is hot but still eat it anyway to torture their tongues. No? Wrong analogy?

Hahaha. This is correct! Total masochism. Like you know it'll burn you, but you're still going in for the burn. :laugh: 

Well, when it's not me getting SLS, I just sit back and watch amused :popcorn: 

(But even when I get SLS, I don't argue that they'll suddenly become first lead. Gotta remind yourself of the reality and feel the pain you've inflicted on yourself  :pandaheadstomp:)

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmmm I see. I'm mostly not into bad boys so I think Soo Ho will be an easy win for me. 

Well, he's not super bad...He's just one of those "cool" guys with that exterior...but his character is also not afraid to use a lot of make-up since the girl does his make-up a few times :laugh:

20 minutes ago, CINNABOM said:

I checked out the first episode because I needed something sweet to fill the hole left by dodosol. 

Oh hello @CINNABOM!! Haha, have you read the webtoon? I think this will be a fun one...and LJW will make a cameo in this series. Haha, if you still miss DDSSLLS, we're still alive on that thread...a few more fans have arrived surprisingly and now we're trying to figure out how to vote for LJW and GA so they win the couple award at the KBS awards and we can drag out obsession out a little longer :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL nice to see you here.:pandaxmas:

Yes, I decided to watch because I heard about his cameo. I will take anything until him and Go Ara pick new projects.

I’ve read up until the most recent free chapter. I’m a little apprehensive since the webtoon hasn’t ended yet so I’m hoping to avoid a cheese in the trap ending like others have mentioned.

• Like 5

Episode 1

I don't read the webtoon so I'm not sure how much of episode 1 the drama stayed loyal to the original. Not a bad watch but not exactly super good/wow by it. I'm glad the bullying part didn't get too far or drag on too long as I find that draining.

• First cameo from the beloved Extraordinary You cast is by Lee Tae Ri. I thought it was funny that he works in the school cafeteria again. There was a bit of getting used to since I just finished seeing him as Imoogi in Tale of the Nine Tailed. What's even funnier is, his name is Hyun Bin. :laugh:

• Another cameo was SF9's Kang Chani - looks like he plays a deceased friend of Lee Soo Ho and Han Seo Joon. Because he died these two had a fall out. Did I get this part right?

• My face genius Eun Woo makes a beautiful entrance by saving Joo Kyung and gets thrown down beautifully onto the ground :pandalove: Then ended the show by getting thrown down again at the comic book store. Kyaaa! I wanna do it to him too! A little complaint is - why Eun Woo's hair is so flat. He has a nice forehead, I wanna see some forehead!

• Soo Jin - being beautiful and smart, is there anything to her character that doesn't match her personality? She seems too perfect for me at the moment. Will she turn on Joo Kyung? Tell me tell me.

• Hwang In Seop didn't appear at all in episode 1. He didn't look any different to his other character in 18 Again at this point. Hahaha.

That is it for now really. It's light and fluffy. I wonder which EY's cast will cameo next in episode 2.

Once again all the cut clips are not available on YouTube where I am. BTS and OST are both out.

OST 1 SAya - Call Me Maybe

Episode 2 Preview

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
On 12/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, JenL said:

@mademoiselle At least there's source material, so even if you have SLS, you read the webtoon and your hopes will be dashed. But actually, I might be wrong...the last time I read, I think they were still dragging SL and female lead romance (though I'm pretty sure it's clear who is first lead)...but if the webtoon hasn't progressed....I expect those with SLS might also be preparing their weapons :laugh:

One of the reasons why i slowed down reading the webtoon. I am team suho since the beginning 🤭

I will watch the two episodes later !

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

One of the reasons why i slowed down reading the webtoon. I am team suho since the beginning 🤭

I will watch the two episodes later !

@JenL and @bluepebbles I was told Seo Joon and Joo Kyung broke up but she's not over him yet even though she went on blind dates. But I don't think we'll get there in the drama. Hahahahahahaha. Even if they do then they have to start it early so that there's time to build the romance with Su Ho. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1

Episode 2

I like this episode a whole lot more! There were a lot of funny scenes. Joo Kyung freaking out about Suho and then going back & forth wondering which of her he's talking about was hilarious.

The rescuing at the end... Suho found out who she is isn't it? There was a Post-It she stuck on the comic book and that came off and left it with his jacket. I didn't catch this part clearly and I'm a bit lazy to go back to check.

There were a lot of the supposedly-makes-your-heart-flutter moments between Suho and Joo Kyung as well as Joo Kyung and Seo Joon. Surprisingly I didn't cringe at all, means it was really well done by the PD/camera man (some other dramas do it I find it cheesy).

I like that Joo Kyung and Suho have their little hang out place (the comic shop) to help them become closer. But I think from the previews, I see that Seo Joon will also find their haven. Aw. I don't want that. I like that in here, Suho is nicer and different compared to at the school.

And hahaha, Joo Kyung's sister and the teacher will make a great pair. I like that actor playing the teacher. He's good with comedy (totally crack me up with his portrayal in Hi Bye Mama).

At this point, I like both Suho and Seo Joon. :pandalove:

P.S. Oh, no cameo from EY's casts in this episode.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 2

And hahaha, Joo Kyung's sister and the teacher will make a great pair. I like that actor playing the teacher. He's good with comedy (totally crack me up with his portrayal in Hi Bye Mama).

At this point, I like both Suho and Seo Joon. :pandalove:

I like what they did with the teacher. He’s so funny trying to act in with the kids. 😂 

In the webtoon he didn’t really do much. I like that his character here is a bit more fleshed out and super adorable with the kids.

Choosing between Su Ho and Seo Joon really is the biggest conundrum. HIY is actually so perfect as Seo Joon. I loved all his scenes in this episode. I can’t believe he’s 30.

Edited by CINNABOM
  • Like 5

Anyone having SLS yet?

Came across this:

Source

'True Beauty' Is The New K-Drama Sensation, Actor Hwang In-yeop Poised To Be Your Sought-After Heartthrob

BY JON AGUSTIN / DEC 12, 2020 04:49 AM EST

Hwang In Yeop

"True Beauty," the newest Korean drama that tells the story of Ju-Kyung and how she hides her bare face by always wearing makeup and how she gets involved in a love triangle with two men, Lee Soo-Ho and Han Seo-Joon, has kicked off and now on its first week. The fans are loving it. 

Im Ju-Kyung is portrayed by Mun Ka-Young, Cha Eun-Woo plays the role of Lee Soo-Ho, Park Yoo-Na portrays Kang Soo-Jin, and Hwang In-Yeop plays the role of Han Seo-Joon.

The K-drama started on December 9th on TvN, and since then has hooked fans in Korea and all over the world. Will it also be a global sensation like what happened with "Crash Landing On You," "Start-Up," and "It's Okay To Not Be Okay"?

KDrama Stars reported how 29-year-old "True Beauty" star actor Hwang In-Yeop is making great strides in his acting career after his first web series, "Why."

He is playing the role of Han Seo-Joon in "True Beauty," an attractive high school student with a strong and tough image, but a warm and nice guy inside. He was a friend with his rival in love, Lee Soo-Ho, before turning out to be enemies fighting over Im Ju-Kyung, the character of Mun Ka-Young. 

The image of his character in the K-Drama will help him fight for his love for Im Ju-Kyung. He said in one of his interviews, "I constantly reflect on how I can look sincerely."

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

True Beauty: Lee Su Ho & Lim Ju Gyeong’s relationship takes an interesting turn as a love triangle transpires
tvN’s True Beauty recently took an interesting turn as a love triangle transpires between Lee Su Ho, Han Seo Jun and Lim Ju Gyeong. Scroll down for the details.
 909955 reads  Mumbai  Updated: December 9, 2020 06:15 pm
True Beauty: Lee Su Ho & Han Seo Jun’s relationship takes interesting turnTrue Beauty: Lee Su Ho and Lim Ju Gyeong’s relationship takes an interesting turn as a love triangle transpires
tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama True Beauty recently released a relationship chart of the characters! Based on a hit webtoon, True Beauty is a romantic comedy about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. After she meets Lee Su Ho (Cha Eun Woo), a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, they share each other’s secrets and learn to heal through love.

The production team recently released a relationship chart centred around Lim Ju Gyeong and Lee Su Ho, highlighting the details of their romantic and familial relationships. In the chart, Lim Ju Gyeong and Lee Su Ho each have an arrow pointing to the other, raising anticipation for their romance story. At the same time, Han Seo Jun (Hwang In Yeob), an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart, appears to have feelings for Lim Ju Gyeong, while Kang Su Jin (Park Yoo Na), the beautiful and intelligent “goddess” of Saebom High School, has feelings for Lee Su Ho.

The relationship between Lee Su Ho and Han Seo Jun also has a clear “x” mark across the word “friends,” raising questions about their relationship. On the other hand, Lim Ju Gyeong and Kang Su Jin, who both have feelings for Lee Su Ho, are known to be close friends. Viewers are already highly anticipating the relationship between the four characters who will be friends and rivals in love. Furthermore, the chart also included details on the four characters’ families as well as the other students at Saebom High School. In particular, Lim Ju Gyeong will show a hilarious and unique family chemistry with her mother Hong Hyun Sook (Jang Hye Jin), father Lim Jae Pil (Park Ho San), older sister Lim Hee Gyeong (Im Se Mi), and younger brother Lim Ju Young (Kim Min Ki). Hong Hyun Sook and Lim Jae Pil will be a couple that goes back and forth from having a harmonious relationship to encountering frightening situations, while Lim Ju Gyeong and Lim Ju Young will show realistic sibling chemistry.

Lee Su Ho’s family consists of his father Lee Joo Heon (Jung Joon Ho), and due to Lee Su Ho’s secret emotional wound, viewers are curious to discover what could have happened to the two characters. The drama will also portray the stories of Han Seo Jun’s and Kang Su Jin’s families, which will also give off different vibes from Lim Ju Gyeong’s and Lee Su Ho’s families. Finally, the chart reveals photos of Lim Ju Gyeong and Kang Su Jin’s close friend Choi Soo Ah (Kang Min Ah) as well as other Saebom High School students including Yoo Tae Hoon (Lee Il Joon), Ahn Hyun Gyu (Lee Sang Jin), Kim Cho Rong (Lee Woo Jae), and Kim Si Hyun (Kim Hyun Ji).

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, CINNABOM said:

I like what they did with the teacher. He’s so funny trying to act in with the kids. 😂 

In the webtoon he didn’t really do much. I like that his character here is a bit more fleshed out and super adorable with the kids.

Choosing between Su Ho and Seo Joon really is the biggest conundrum. HIY is actually so perfect as Seo Joon. I loved all his scenes in this episode. I can’t believe he’s 30.

I'm glad to hear he's more fleshed out. He's too good as a comedian to not be given a meatier role. I liked him already when he said to the class that all the kids are beautiful to him. Aww.

I have set my mind from the beginning that the OTP is Suho and Joo Kyung even before the drama airs so even if I like Seo Joon as well (like how I like Han Ji Pyeong too in Start-Up), I wouldn't feel too tortured about it or upset. It's my self-protecting mechanism hahaha.

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyone having SLS yet?

There are only 2 people here who's openly said they've watched it. I'm waiting for you to develop one so you can wear another profile picture for another 3 days. :lol: However let's not encourage the Team X and Y / SLS thing. I wish for everyone to enjoy the show rather than being antagonistic with the opposite characters just because... :KittyBan: everyone should just support and enjoy the casts and the show as is, unless the writer really screw up big time :pandaheadstomp:

@JenL and @bluepebbles Have you guys started?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

here are only 2 people here who's openly said they've watched it. I'm waiting for you to develop one so you can wear another profile picture for another 3 days. 

ahahahah. Here to keep you company. I am not watching la ...but I like to read about this since I see a lot of buzz.  Just intrigued with what is going on - wanna see how this ends up. I understand the webtoon is very popular?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahahah. Here to keep you company. I am not watching la ...but I like to read about this since I see a lot of buzz.  Just intrigued with what is going on - wanna see how this ends up. I understand the webtoon is very popular?

Yeah the webtoon is popular. It's been pretty hyped up when it was announced there will be a live action and polls going around for netizens to choose who they think is the most suitable actor/actress to play the 3 main roles. Since Eun Woo is the original blue print for Suho, naturally he was the top pick. Hwang In Seop also resembles the character too esp. the eyes. The opening ratings for both episodes (3.6%) are good for cable tv - considered well within the "average rating" (2-4%) for cable tv. By number of viewers they are already at where Brahms was for the first week - 1000 viewers!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

By the way I love this OST. This is a classic song so imagine my surprise giggling when it was played 

After two episodes, I think the drama only picked up the highlights from the webtoon , not necessarily delving into the details on how Suho figured out that Jukyeong is the Jukyeong he met on the roof top. Also 

Spoiler

On how they particularly met. This scene was entirely different from the webtoon. I think the production had to compressed the chapters until the current one, touching on how the rift of Seo Jun and Suho had originated. I like how the first meeting was done actually for the drama. A wow clap for me :1000:

b6b86b267038bc6b8afa1f62fbe689434b152970

d37d3a7d93a5085c6a79e68b700a45cee5643f97

• Like 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

So far it is fun and enjoyable. I smell a potential triangle love brewing among the three. This makes me a bit weary when they really do so. 

I like how SH likes JY without make up more rather than yoshin JY. That helmet date is just so hilarious. Lols. 

I'm so tired with those folks who treat people badly because of their appearance. These bullies are the source of most people getting more depressions and then lead to suicide. They're no difference with killers with knife. Their stupid mouth is the sharp knife. 

• Like 4

Oh yay, the thread has gained two more customers :lol:

@bluepebbles How did you find the adaptation of Suho? My friend said the live action Suho talks too much because webtoon Suho is the quiet type. Since I didn't read it I thought it was OK.

@Alice Wonderland That helmet scene was hilarious. But my absolute favourite was them eating the ramen together and Joo Kyung got noodle stuck in her nose. I like that Suho wasn't turn off about it :laugh: He has seen the worst of her, jjinja.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3