True Beauty 여신강림 [2020-2021]

I saw the episode and it was a good cameo;) My heart still hurts for Baek Kyung! Even in the cameo Eun Dan O still looks for Haru after the stage! haha kudos to LJW and KHY;) and aww LJW is really good in playing bad characters hahaha No trace of DDSSLLS's Jun in that cameo :laugh:CEW looks meek and mild compared to him;) I like that CEW's Soo-ho literally just jumped through seats to protect Ju-Kyung:wow:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 4

This episode the story starts to explore / exploit the triangle love bit. Boo hoo. It's too soon! I would love it more another episode of Joo Kyung and Suho first. I think they were just starting to be close and get to know each other and there is no rush have Seo Joon interfere yet.

It's clear that Suho has fallen for Joo Kyung and he knows it too. Love that he worries and look out for her a lot. Love that he isn't just the typical smart no. 1 in the class but he's also good at fighting. I was really excited to see Eun Woo do some action scenes - he didn't disappoint but I wish it was a bit longer.

Seo Joon on the other hand, at the moment, behaving like an annoying brother or boys at school who teases the girls. He hasn't fallen for Joo Kyung yet and he's hovering around Joo Kyung to spite Suho. Such a childish act even though I enjoy their interactions.

I love that Joo Kyung tries her best to avoid getting involved or being stuck in the middle of these two silly boys. LOL. The way she tells them to go their separate ways and then runs off was so funny because she's not behaving like those beautiful girls who "enjoys" the attention and I find that endearing.

Unlike the bullies in her previous school, those girls lived and craved for attention. At this point Joo Kyung is still down to earth and just wanted to hide her true face so that she can live a normal life, make friends, be accepted and liked in school. I hope she won't change throughout the drama.

There was a scene of the Im siblings that really cracks me up. It first started with Joo Kyung and eldest sister brushing teeth talking about guys and dating. Then we find out the brother was there the whole time taking a dump! Hahahahahaha OMG.

Looks like the Teacher has his own "beauty" problem (losing his eyebrows??), so will Joo Kyung come to his rescue so he can date her sister?

When the Extraordinary You's flipping page sound and theme appear, it really brings back lovely memories. I do miss the show. Lee Jae Wook was Baek Kyung the whole time in that short scene (with better hairstyle). As one who loves DanHaru pairing, I was definitely delighted that this was a stage scene and Dan Oh still runs to Haru afterwards. Hahaha. :yayaya: But before this I definitely thought the PD was trying to comfort the Dan Oh and Bae Kyung ship by having them be together for real in some sort of alternate version.

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Random comments for episode 3-4

spacer.png

• I am currently reading Midnight Sun (Twilight spin off for Edward's mind) so this was very timely :lol: 
  • I like the family dynamics being magnified in this show. I guess the drama is picking up arcs in the webtoon that were not told in detail. 
  • spacer.png 
  • This scene is lovely. The show succeeded in addressing the bullying together with the repercussions of it including suicide. I'm glad Suho sincerely apologized.

Soojin has a lot to offer. Can't wait for her back story as well 

spacer.png

• Jukyeong's unnie is fab ! Go get your man, girl !
Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Do i have to pity Suho not able to eat instant bibimbap? Poor guy :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Omo @bluepebbles How is Midnight Sun? I had wanted to buy the book but then I thought I might not like/enjoy it anymore since that was many years ago, my view on this story likely to have changed.

Episode 4 cont'...

I'm looking forward to learn more about Soo Jin too although I think her background is not hard to guess. A prestigious family that pressures and expects her to do well in studies. I like the part where she goes to Seo Joon and tells him to stop bully Joo Kyung. That was nice of her.

I now also know what Suho's Dad's career is. Initially I thought he's some sort of superstar/actor. He's the director of idol agency (and ironically Joo Kyung's sister works for him). I wonder who Leo is? Does Leo exist in the webtoon, @bluepebbles? Is it Suho or Seo Joon? Seo Joon wanted to be an idol so maybe Seo Joon although I think it's Suho. I don't mind spoiler, so please tell me.

• Like 4

Ep 3 - 4 are just so fun and good in its way! I enjoy two hours like few minutes. Wish to have more episode but another week to wait. Sigh

I root for HK and SH! I can't fall for bike boy. Forgot his name. He's the handsome bully oppa in 18. Haha.  He's actually nice kid but somehow his attitude is just annoying plus I dont like his earrings. Lols. I bet he misunderstand SH but keep going on his own subjective judgement. Plus he approached JK because he knows SH has a feeling for her. Sigh. Boy, you play with fire, that fire will burn your heart later. Tsk tsk.. well... he will change.. I'm sure. But right now he's annoying. 

Ommooo... that jealous SH spies on JK's date and trying to stop the couple from having a secret pupu. Bwahahaha. And it turned our dan oh and baek kyung... oh surprise! 

@mademoiselle Just realized both dan oh and JK wears the same dress. Lols. 

P.S. can we embed IG post, if not sorry, please delete for me, and it wont show the picture just the link. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah Seo Joon is being childish at the moment. Like you I also think it was a misunderstanding. This is a familiar scenario I've seen elsewhere, just can't pin-point which drama at the moment. One day I will remember.

Lols. It proves we have watch numerous recycled plots in dramas over and over again. But still we keep watching it. Haha

Oh seo jun yea..  don't tell me his frist name is park. Lols. At first, I thought SJ is SH's half brother. But they link each other to SY and his suicide probably connects the dot why is SH hating his dad even more. He sees him cheating as kid. Ooff.. that was really bad! Poor boy. The dad is just brushing him off and acted stupid wondering why is SH so cold at him. Jeez. What a terrible dad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 12/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, eNDe said:

Thanks for tagging me here so I can make a quick look of the ep 4 stills of LJW and I'm good! Yeah I can't watch him as Baek Kyung! hahaha...only Jun or Seol Ji-Hwan for me! 

Hahaha, Fair enough! I can't watch LJW in projects I haven't seen yet till there's a bit more space after DDSSLLS (EY is something I did see him in, so this is ok for me :laugh:)

On 12/18/2020 at 3:41 AM, CINNABOM said:

Second lead syndrome is hitting hard. I just want more scenes with Seo Joon. I had reservations when the actor was cast, but he’s actually making the character so much more lovable despite the limited screen time! The scenes with the main couple are super cute as well. I think CEW is doing well as SuHo so far!

I'm also getting SLS in this series. I think I like Suho slightly more in the webtoon, but I think Hwang in Yeop is really bringing strong charisma A-game and it's terrible because it's been a year of SLS already :laugh: Cha Eun Woo is sweet and think he's going a good job with Suho, but I'm a sucker for charisma and Hwang in Yeop is hitting so strong with all his smirks and bickering with Moon Ga Young. Also they both knew more about each other in that Marie Claire interview... :smug:

On 12/18/2020 at 3:41 AM, CINNABOM said:

Unfortunately I will have to skip this scene because it hurts my RaRaJun shipping heart too much. The fake gf in DDSSLL already did enough damage.

Hahaha, wow, you are in deep my friend :laugh: I get it though. I think I can deal with it because it's a different LJW character for me and I watched Extrardinary You before DDSSLLS so I had a fondness for both those characters and can accept them. But I currently can't watch any LJW /GAR projects with pairings I haven't seen before (at least for a little while longer) because I'm still getting over Lala and Jun that I liked so much :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 12/17/2020 at 7:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

Suho and Joo Kyung's relationship is developing very nicely. And just as we thought, Suho found out her ID because he saw the Post-It even though the timeline he found out was earlier than we had thought.

Hahaha, SH being a straight A student would definitely be able to figure out who she was. But I liked that they went back and showed that scene again and revealed he had seen the post-it note. Also the montage which revealed all the times he'd seen her secretly worry about being found out. He knew for so long. :MewHi:

What is with Seo Joon and Suho though? I mean I suspected the antagonism had to be related to dead Chani (I forgot his on screen name & can't be bothered to look it up), but why is Seo Joon looking like he hates Suho's father too? Did Suho's father had something to do with Chani's death or because he's Suho's father? Or because Suho's father dated his mother and dump her...???

LOL even though I read the webtoon, I'm not a religious follower of the series and since I'm up to chapter 110 or something like that I can't remember the start so well. But I do know the main reason for SJ and SH's relationship failing is because their friend died. Not sure if you want spoilers, so I'll leave it vague. As for SH's father, i believe it's because SJ knows the issues SH had with his father and even though he's mad at SH...I think he's mad at SH's father on his behalf....but there's been quite a few changes to the story so can't say if they'll have another reason in the drama too. :thinking:

Seo Joon is such a sweetie to his Omma. Love this side of him although I seriously think Hwang In Seop has too much make up on in some scenes.

Yesss, he is such a sweetheart :wow: I really like all the scenes with him and his mother. Haha, he probably does...but I'm noticing his charm more than anything!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:15 AM, Unnie0110 said:

I saw the episode and it was a good cameo;) My heart still hurts for Baek Kyung! Even in the cameo Eun Dan O still looks for Haru after the stage! haha kudos to LJW and KHY;) and aww LJW is really good in playing bad characters hahaha No trace of DDSSLLS's Jun in that cameo :laugh:CEW looks meek and mild compared to him;) I like that CEW's Soo-ho literally just jumped through seats to protect Ju-Kyung:wow:

Hahaha, I thought they would either be playing different characters or it would be Baek Kyung and Dan Oh just on a date...but I'm with you...poor Baek Kyung rejected once again in the shadow! LJW and and KHY are both such fun actors though and LJW does bad boy extremely well...haha, I agree - CEW looks mild compared to him :laugh: Well I guess CEW is good at being aloof, but LJW can serve fierce and domineering extremely well. Haha CEW jumping the rows of cinema chairs was hilarious.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, mademoiselle said:

I love that Joo Kyung tries her best to avoid getting involved or being stuck in the middle of these two silly boys. LOL. The way she tells them to go their separate ways and then runs off was so funny because she's not behaving like those beautiful girls who "enjoys" the attention and I find that endearing.

Unlike the bullies in her previous school, those girls lived and craved for attention. At this point Joo Kyung is still down to earth and just wanted to hide her true face so that she can live a normal life, make friends, be accepted and liked in school. I hope she won't change throughout the drama.

Totally agree with all of this! I really like this in the drama (although also in the webtoon), JK is just trying  to be normal. She's not flexing her looks. She's trying to live a normal life...but keeps being put into the centre of attention. Haha, she's ok to ignore those boys, but they are getting awfully close to her secret which is the only reason she has to keep interacting with them :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1