The Devil Punisher 天巡者 [TW Drama 2020]

JenL

did have a trailer here, but it seems like Netflix has started to remove additional YouTube content for any shows they plan to distribute, so can't show trailers unfortunately >.< But Check out SETTV's Instagram for the latest trailers: https://www.instagram.com/dramasettv/

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@Lynne This is the Netflix preview page :) I've set a reminder for when it airs!

9lM5bMX.jpg

It does remind me of Goblin. I have to say, even though I'm a big Gong Yoo fan and I think he's done some fantastic projects over his career (Train to Busan, Coffee Prince, so many things I love)...I didn't actually like Goblin. I found the story of their previous life very unbelievable (Like why he was being punished). BUT I am interested in seeing if this story and it's ties to the old Chinese legends will be a better version of Goblin (though I think Goblin will have the better SFX as it had a big budget and Subway sponsorship XD)

uxoFpxk.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

Official Character Posters! I've put the side characters on my blog as it's less work than uploading each to an image hoster :smile:

You can view posters for the rest of the cast here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/new-drama-premiere-mike-he-and-ivy-shao.html

o1SY0Ni.jpg

BHeKDZT.jpg

InYKYY5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

On 10/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, NiteWalker said:

wow mike back in Taiwan drama.....been a long times since i last saw him in a drama

II think it's coz he's been doing movies? And he's a family man now XD He has like a new baby daughter!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

On 10/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, NiteWalker said:

heck its going to be a pain to wait for 1 episode per week ><"

Haha once a week really works for me....allows me to watch my 3 other on-air Korean dramas simultaneously (2 eps per series = 6 eps of shows)...I'd cry if this was coming out everyday and I had to watch those series too :lettalKWA::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like to see progression in the storyline fast (because I'm not patient enough haha!) so sometimes the one episode a week doesn't work for me; however, Mike He in a drama is very enticing. It's already up on Netflix for me so...maybe I'll watch it before I go to sleep tonight. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I like to see progression in the storyline fast (because I'm not patient enough haha!) so sometimes the one episode a week doesn't work for me; however, Mike He in a drama is very enticing. It's already up on Netflix for me so...maybe I'll watch it before I go to sleep tonight. :laugh:

i miss him on screen.....so i might really just watch it or him lols....though im going to suffer the 1 week 1 episodes....i had been spoiled rotten by the C-Drama honestly i tell you....lolss

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha once a week really works for me....allows me to watch my 3 other on-air Korean dramas simultaneously (2 eps per series = 6 eps of shows)...I'd cry if this was coming out everyday and I had to watch those series too :lettalKWA::laugh:

i know what u mean hahahaha....i have so many drama i wanted to watch however i couldnt find the times too....but but but....its Mike He!!! i miss him on the screen alot lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hey random question, but can you guys all see the videos linked above or are they blocked in your countries too? I think Netflix has become a lot more strict these days and they're blocking videos if they distribute them and want to use the trailers/ Behind the Scenes? But not sure if it's everywhere or some countries. Let me know what you see!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Lynne said:

@JenL Yeahhh... SETTV'S Youtube vid are region blocked for this drama.... which is sad..... because I can still watch Lost Romance's BTS 

The only way to watch it is by using vpn I guess.. Its Ok.... lol 

@Lynne Can still watch through Vidol (SETTV's streaming platform) and their Vidol Youtube Channel so far, luckily. We'll see how long for though:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, yes I think a lot of people like getting the story quickly. I do miss Mike He - it's been a looooong time. I think the last thing I watched him in was that basketball drama with Hebe?? And I have a soft spot for Ivy. I'm gonna watch the first ep tonight :3

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

@JenL You know, I was just talking with a friend yesterday... Mike He once act as a devilish bad boy in “Devil beside You” and now he’s a devil/demon hunter... haha.... 

I do kinda miss Mike He, the last time I watched his drama was in Cambrian Period, and that drama has weird pacing and uneven plot, altho I think Mike's role there was pretty good. He's a undercover mafia spy in the police department, a little similar with HK movie Infernal Affair.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I can’t see any of the videos @JenL

though I was able to see it on their IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGts1NZgt3R/?igshid=17ya17r82ojz

Hahaha, they must have jusssst blocked it! It was fine before :poliWeird::Rip:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Episode 1 Thoughts

I've avoided a lot of Taiwanese fantasy series in the past because low budget SFX give me a headache...but I was surprised that this one was actually not too bad. Like definitely nowhere near as smooth as K-dramas, but then I think they only have a fraction of the budget Kdramas get for SFX. Having seen the trailers I guess I adjusted my expectations, so actually felt A-ok with the SFX!

Like @Lynne I liked that the story is built on the real Chinese legends of Meng Po and Zhong Kui. I like that they've weaved these into a more modern story too. I think the drama plot does looks a lot like: Goblin/ Hotel Del Luna/ Along with the Gods so far, but hoping the legends will help the series to develop into its own.

I feel like Mike He is as charming as ever and it's nice to see he still plays a romance hero very well (that gaze he has when he looks Ivyyy!) I think the last thing I watched him in was Bull Fighting years and years ago with Hebe. Ivy is cute and fun as a female lead and it's easy to see her as a college student....I'm finding the acting has been pretty good - both the leads are pretty seasoned actors and even though it's a fantasy story, there hasn't been too much cheese in the script (yet). In fact some of the humour has been fun, like when he keeps sending her those stickers on Line after she sends him one. I'm also enjoying the element of mystery - why the memory loss for Meng Po? Who is the mastermind? And the ghosts are not too scary, but help with making the story fun in a silly dark way. Yay for a good replacement for Lost Romance!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1