Sweet Teeth 世界微尘里 [2021]

@Tofu

Maybe he thinks of Yi Yi as his sister's best friend or another "little sister"? He's not stopping her from seeing other men, but he does point out their flaws, why she deserves better, etc. I think in next week's episodes, he will realize his feelings and she will look at him as more than just a friend. 

>>> I suspect you will be right, that's typically how it will unfold.

it would be good to see more of their conversations on Western/Eastern medicine. I find this piece intriguing about them. 

>>> That Chinese doctor who told her off to manage her lifestyle better before he would give her any medicine was quite funny to watch

I'm partially worried what this second lead is going to do, how he's going to change things up.

>>> I know right. I think Merxat is going to give Bi Wen Jun a run for his money. And I suspect our FL is going to feel a bit conflicted.

Ai Jing Chu kind of stalked her by showing up at the movies and the club

>>> hhmmm we may not have viewed him as kindly if it really looked like he was stalking. But I think he's puzzled as to why she hasn't told him any of those aspects about her and curious to know what she is hiding. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

hhmmm we may not have viewed him as kindly if it really looked like he was stalking. But I think he's puzzled as to why she hasn't told him any of those aspects about her and curious to know what she is hiding. 

For being a bit of a social recluse, he sure goes out of his way to make sure the person he likes isn't taken away by someone else. Haha!

Tomorrow is Monday, yay for new episodes! 

• Clapping Hands 1

Hmm...the angst is starting. Haha! 

Not much going on with Yi Yi and Deng Hao Ran in these two episodes today. Wu Ying and Liu Yucheng had an argument about their age difference. I'm glad that it's not stopping Liu Yucheng even if he was sad for a minute. Sure, Dr. Jiang is more financially stable and has a career but he is pushy and that's a turnoff. 

Yu Yi is here to stir things up for our main couple. It must have been painful for Ai Jing Chu to realized that the person Zeng Li wrote about was his friend. You can see he's a bit hesitant because he thinks she's still in love with Yu Yi. Whereas, Zeng Li is wondering why he hasn't asked her to clarify her relationship with Yu Yi. It's a case of people being so mindful of each other that they are unknowingly causing misunderstandings. 

@IpohBanana Have you watched the other Sweet On series? 

hi everyone i am here!!!!!! bi wen jun i like!!!! hahaha

Love the snow scenes...and how things are stirring up between the main couple.

seriously how did bi wen jun makes dreadfulness of going to the dentist a glossy almost glowing kinda experience hahaha...i guess if my dentist is that handsome it will make my dentist trips a look forward to experience. but i think he did well in this drama...he has a calm style to him which makes him believable for  a profession like dentist. from he handle the equipment he exudes the dentist air. my second dentist in c drama. song wei long as the first in go ahead. but i think bi wen jun is a better dentist hahaha...

the fl did well as a awkward yet sensitive gal. she chooses a simple life and stick to it. not many ppl can do that. 

i m done with ep 12...is the angst starting. will dr ai forge ahead or will he scutter off. hope he will be brave. but from synopsis he is going to run to africa. hope they don drag the separation long or towards the end. i like Crush is because they break up ep 14 and 15 and have at least 9 episodes of being together again. like unforgetable love break up at ep 19-20 is horrid.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hmm...the angst is starting. Haha! 

Yu Yi is here to stir things up for our main couple. It must have been painful for Ai Jing Chu to realized that the person Zeng Li wrote about was his friend. You can see he's a bit hesitant because he thinks she's still in love with Yu Yi. Whereas, Zeng Li is wondering why he hasn't asked her to clarify her relationship with Yu Yi. It's a case of people being so mindful of each other that they are unknowingly causing misunderstandings. 

@IpohBanana Have you watched the other Sweet On series? 

>> Yes, the angst is starting. I like the way it's being shot, very much like a movie. I think both of them are rather introverted and really shy, so neither is willing to take the initiative to clarify. But this shyness that they both exhibit instead of turning me off is rather charming, I must say. And for once I don't feel infuriated and wanna talk to my computer screen (or rather chastise the characters out loud).

As for the Sweet On series, I have watched bits here and there of Crushed (because a YTber was charmed by it), that one is really slow burn. The ending for Love is Sweet, and of course Unforgettable Love. 

@SnT hhmm it does suggest that our ML will run off right? Yah, throwing in the angst that late on for UL was not very pleasant. Tbh, I still haven't watched those particular episodes.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1

@IpohBanana oh...u too? me too...i watch ep 19 and stopped till now for UL. but i must finish it since i like both leads so much. 

Crush has very nice cinematography as well. esp the lights, rain and wind maybe because they played with slowness and sound n light because the ml is almost blind.  angst is like only 2 ep plus - 3 max. ML is a little new. reminds me of sweet teeth ml in terms of look. FL wan peng is a very usual face in c drama playing modern love story. she is good. not artificial pretty but natural in look and acting.

Lets hope sweet teeth angst is short because it is only 22 episode. 

• Like 1

@SnT You're here!! Yay!! I saw both my dentist and orthodontist last week when this drama aired. Needless to say, the experience was not the same. If only Bi Wenjun was also my dentist. :laugh:

5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I like the way it's being shot, very much like a movie.

I agreed. I even like how they do the beginnings to each episode. I'm used to seeing (and skipping) opening credits that it took me at least three episodes to realized I won't be getting any of that with Sweet Home. 

5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

And for once I don't feel infuriated and wanna talk to my computer screen (or rather chastise the characters out loud).

Hahaha, same! I find myself going, "No, don't think that, they like you too!!". Whereas with Unforgettable Love, I was more like, "Ugh, why would you do think and do that?!" :jiminbtssigh: Speaking of Unforgettable Love, I finished but I skipped through majority of the last couple of episodes because of what we talked about. I'm not a fan of noble idiocy that happens really late in the drama and goes on for a long time. 

I caught episode 15 before going to work today and so much progress for the couples! Liu Yu Cheng and Wu Ying talked about their relationship. I liked that Liu Yu Cheng has always respected Wu Ying. She was drunk talking (even though she was expressing her true feelings) and he didn't try to take advantage of the situation. Instead, he just told her that he's happy to hear the things she said (she confessed her feelings) but would be even happier if she said them while sober. Wu Ying tried to lean in for a kiss, but he stopped it because he didn't want her to regret her actions the next day. Not sure what happened afterwards, because I couldn't watch episode 16, but I hope this means they will be together without constraints soon. By the way, Dr. Jiang is such a jerk. I'm so glad she does not like him. I hate men like that. Haha!!

It was brought up that Deng Hao Ran and Yi Yi dated each other at some point. It's unclear why they broke up but after the breakup, both were really sad -- none of their relationships afterwards worked out. This is probably because they were always looking for a replacement for each other. They did end up kissing, but I think it was because both were drunk and there were some built up tension. 

Ai Jing Chu and Zeng Li, our main couple. Bi Wenjun is doing such a wonderful job capturing all Ai Jing Chu's emotions. I can feel the jealousy and sadness in him. They both indirectly confirmed their fondness for each other, but both are still unsure. Ai Jing Chu doesn't know if Zeng Li was thinking about Yu Yi and because Ai Jing Chu faked falling asleep afterwards. Zeng Li doesn't know if he actually raised his hand (they played a game where they raised their hand if they liked someone in the room in the past or currently). I like that the drama is not trying to drag out Zeng Li's feelings between Yu Yi and Ai Jing Chu. This happens sometimes when a first love is brought in to stir things up a bit. Zeng Li quickly confirmed that she likes Ai Jing Chu and only see him to Yi Yi. It was really cute watching her be so giddy about it. Haha! 

Can't wait to watch episode 16 when I get home today! Hopefully, there isn't a separation like @SnT said but if there is, I want it to be short! :yoongibtspls:

I also watched Crush and loved it. I actually read the novel before the drama came out and I was really glad they made changes to the male lead's personality. It was still seen in the drama but subtle. They also added in more details and it made him more relatable and less of a jerk (that's how I felt about him when I was reading the novel). Impressed with both leads too. They did a great job! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finished episode 16 and yay for non-toxic second male lead!! :LarvitarSDab1: I dislike it when dramas make the second lead very toxic. Yu Yi is definitely a worthy first love. I probably would have fell in love with him too. :laugh:

ST-01.gif

No progress on rather or not Ai Jing Chu will be leaving to go to Africa, but Zeng Li is told by multiple people that he looks at her with adoring eyes. 

I looked on Weibo and it seems like if you're a VVIP member on iQIYI, you will get all the episodes tomorrow. If you're a VIP member, I'm assuming you can share your link to get the remaining episodes unlocked. If you need help unlocking any episodes, just share your link. I think there are a few of us at JH with an iQIYI account. 

The OSTs.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This BTS, he did so well!

11 minutes ago, SnT said:

you mean they will flood the episodes by Wed? @Tofu

It seems like it. Here's the update they made to the airing schedule:

089v8LM.png

This is what it says:

foSBrLx.png

I used Google translate and it seems like that means the last four episodes will also be available on the 25th too. 

Spoiler

duoEHNY.png

40 minutes ago, SnT said:

yippeeeee....thanks so much...i always used dramasq and duboku (no subs)..so i guess i can start to turbo and binge starting tonight hahaha....i m still on ep 12. 

If I understood Chinese properly, I would probably watch on Duboku too. :laugh:They usually have all the episodes that's released. 

This is an upcoming scene.

And this one from episode 15....rather it be in the past, now, or the future, raise your hand if you like someone here. 

ST-02v2.gif

@SnT @Tofureally? Flooding the episodes? I tot I had to wait till next week. I suspect because this is top 10 on the list of webdramas, at least based on the v-linkage market data (as reported by a YTber). So, they must be cashing in on this, pay to watch advance episodes! The only problem???? I have 31-44 to watch for Dream of Chang An, also today! :wow2:  

They are so adorable, thanks for the 'cooking and holding hands' video. This bashful behaviour that they are both displaying is really so, so endearing. I love them both to bits for it.

oh, I just had a chance to look at the BTS you posted where @Tofu said he did well. Indeed! And he looks so happy that he did well. It's a very genuine look on his face, that sense of gratification for getting acknowledged. I hope through out his career, that part of him will stay, and he will always approach his work with that same attitude. Bi Wen Jun, hwaiting!

@Tofu I watched E15&16, and I must say, it's really going well, things that aren't said by our OTP are being spoken by someone else. And the lack of clarity at least on the FL's side is being cleared up very nicely by the people around her. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Once again the cinematography is really beautiful for a web drama.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1

My teeth are seriously rotting w this drama....just too sweet. I m.at 18. Everything is just so nice. The leads are good looking and completely natural..even the character of dr ai is suppose to be super good looking but he has his senstive side, insecurity n he is not stony cold for no reason, but a bit nerdy n  uninteractive because he actually is shy n even a bit boring and obvuously jealous and at lost of how to react to ppl.  I find bi wenjun very casual n natural in his acting. Not cringy at all. I watched him in this year period drama nichang and like him then..love him now. 

Zeng li is not the typical cute cute but over naive mary sue character in c drama land doing ur big round eyes and O mouth act. The drama makes her gawky, clumsy n not necessary a super looker. Just a sensitive bashful gal who try her best to be confident n work hard to stay true to herself n lead a simple life she wanted after her family past experiemce. Love how the drama show their natural angle, the not perfect side like zengli not washing hair for 4 days, crooked teeth, n doing all sort of unladylike action. U know how some c drama always show the leads best angles, all fashionable, best hair n perfect lean mascular body haha...so happy they never show biwenjun taking shower or half naked here. 

Both leads are not perfect human beings. But perfect for each other. How beautiful. Love them lots. Read the fl is quite new but the chemistry is so good.

Love 2nd male lead who like u guy say non toxic n recognise if u miss the boat u just miss it. U cant turn back time. 

The other 2 couple - wu ying n the cute young guy is nice too. Ma yiyi n dhr is a little draggy to me. Too needy for my taste.  Actually i m not keen on myy character. Only thing i m not keen in this drama. 

Cinematography lovely. Pacing good. No need angst to move the stories at all. Glad the africa thing is not going to bad separation o leave with a painful note. I think last 4 episodes should be good at this rate.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2

@IpohBanana Yes! All the episodes were released today. Are you watching the Dream of Chang'an episodes without subs? I've made little progress on that, but with Sweet Teeth ending, I'll probably be able to add more episodes this week. 

14 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

And he looks so happy that he did well. It's a very genuine look on his face, that sense of gratification for getting acknowledged. I hope through out his career, that part of him will stay, and he will always approach his work with that same attitude. Bi Wen Jun, hwaiting!

I saw the scene in today's episodes and he was great! He called Zeng Li and asked if her heart was still hers (trying to see if she gave it to Yu Yi already). He doesn't even wait for her answer before hanging up. Haha! Later on, he does ask her again before he kiss her. I was kind of surprised that he said, "I will take it away" because I was half-expecting him to ask if she would be willing to give her heart to him. Ai Jing Chu, you are no longer our introvert, taking so much initiative now. :laugh:

4 hours ago, SnT said:

Love 2nd male lead who like u guy say non toxic n recognise if u miss the boat u just miss it. U cant turn back time. 

Yeah! He's super supportive of their relationship and understand that if you missed your timing, there's no going back. 

4 hours ago, SnT said:

The other 2 couple - wu ying n the cute young guy is nice too. Ma yiyi n dhr is a little draggy to me. Too needy for my taste.  Actually i m not keen on myy character. Only thing i m not keen in this drama. 

Haha, I actually don't know where Yi Yi and Hao Ran are at with their relationship after 18 episodes. There was that scene where he takes her home and she asked if he's fallen in love with her but nothing else really happened after. It's not clear like Wu Ying's and Yu Cheng's.  In which, I'm so happy that Yu Cheng was able to win over her parents. I think that will make both of them more confident in their relationship. 

Like both of you, I do like how natural and not over-the-top both main leads are. They are just the right about of cuteness I enjoy watching. I'm glad that I decided to stick around. Haha!

This interview of Bi Wenjun and Wu Xuanyi is cute. I love how she's all about the WuYing/YuCheng couple. Haha!!

I also think it's cute that they were filming at the same time as Crush, which is kind of their predecessor. Bi Wenjun and Lin Yanjun (male lead in Crush) are very close friends so it's nice to see them cheering on each other. Haha!

• Like 1

Hmm...episode 20 was pretty frustrating. I don't think I can understand the POV of the female characters and was really disappointed to see Zeng Li and Yi Yi go along with whatever Wu Ying wanted. If my best friend was in the same situation, I would be encouraging her to tell her husband and together (as a couple) they would make a decision on what's best. 

Wu Ying and Yucheng registered their marriage by episode 20. Wu Ying finds out she's pregnant. She's going to abort the baby without discussing it with Yucheng as well as has no plans to tell him about the pregnancy ever. Wu Ying tells Zeng Li and Yi Yi about this and asked that they keep it a secret. Zeng Li is bothered by it so she tells Ai Jing Chu, who is the most sensible one out of everyone. He calls Yucheng and tells him that Wu Ying is pregnant. Zeng Li is so upset with Ai Jing Chu because by Ai Jing Chu telling Yucheng, she betrayed her best friend. Zeng Li refuses to try to understand why it's a problem to hide the pregnancy from the father of the baby. The main couple spends the night and most of the following day not talking to each other because of this. 

Whereas, Wu Ying and Yucheng start discussing the baby. Wu Ying refuses to hear Yucheng out, always shutting him down whenever he comes up with different ways they can continue their studies, work, etc. while still having the baby. During a dinner with the girls and Hao Ran, Wu Ying says something along the lines of if they can't come to an agreement on the baby, they will break up. What? Is marriage that simple?! :jiminbtssigh:

I'm going to start episode 21 soon so I'm hopefully they are able to resolve the misunderstanding. I don't like the way they completely disregard Yucheng as Wu Ying's husband and the way they talk about the baby as if it's no big deal. 

• Sad 1

I finished the drama and I'm glad everything was resolved very quickly -- the baby, the communication between Wu Ying/Yucheng, the argument with the main couple, and finally Yi Yi and Hao Ran got together (they really dragged this one on a bit, didn't they?). 

The drama was wrapped up nicely and after I finished, I just kept thinking about how adorable every character was in their own special way. I'm glad I decided to continue watching to the end. It was a very sweet drama. :heart:

I wish them both many years of happiness. =)

ST-04v6.gif

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

yes....for 22 it is really not hard to watch...i would not mind if there is another 2 actually to 24. because it is a quite pitiful for them to be apart for 6 months after being officially together for a month. i mean separation makes the heart fonder but i still feel sad for zeng li who misses him so much. 

yi yi and haoran are just very immature ppl. one wants to act cool and another want attention. but both pretend like each other don matter that much. so i guess it is meeting the right person at the wrong time and when both grew a bit, the timing got better. and both mature.

I was shocked with plans for abortion wo notify yu cheng. yes the only sensible one here is dr ai. i mean they talk about respecting women thinking but heay, u are not respecting the baby father. that is terrible and selfish.

But it is a journey of life that all of the character has to learn.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

i would not mind if there is another 2 actually to 24. because it is a quite pitiful for them to be apart for 6 months after being officially together for a month. i mean separation makes the heart fonder but i still feel sad for zeng li who misses him so much. 

If they didn't add in the abortion piece in episode 20, we could have had one addition episode to watch them together. :laugh:

Ai Jing Chu looking at Zeng Li with so much love. :heart:

ST-08v2.gif

• Like 1

@Tofu @SnT me too, i watched 21 and 22. It was really sweet and I liked the extras they added in of real couples that aired with the credits; I've seen this being done in one another drama. And it's a really nice touch.

The only thing I was puzzled about was how he had on a black shirt in the video call with her and then all of a sudden he is in a white suit. I already guessed as much that he was someone on site. It had a very dreamy, story-book, surreal feel, that whole conversation with the leaf and the books as company. And the proposal was aptly done! Good job, script writer.

The toppling of the book shelves, lol, law of attraction (?) :laugh:

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

The toppling of the book shelves, lol, law of attraction (?)

These released a BTS video of the book shelves scene (one of the book shelves scene). :laugh:

The CPR scene. Hahahaha!!

This hugging scene of theirs was very endearing. 

ST-09v2.gif

• Like 2