Cast:

Wu Xuan Yi as Zeng Li
Bi Wen Jun as Ai Jingchu
Zhai Xiao Wen as Liu Yucheng
Zhang Bai Jia as Wu Ying
Liu Te as Deng Haoran
Wan Zi Lin as Ma Yiyi

Synopsis:

Because of a teeth straightening appointment, 28-year-old librarian Zeng Li got to know Ai Jingchu, deputy director of the dental department. Slowly, they begin to fall in love after undergoing various adventures together. However just when they were about to confess to each other, Zeng Li's first love whom she has been waiting for ten years suddenly re-appeared in her life and begins pursuing Zeng Li. The person also happens to be Ai Jingchu's good friend, Yu Yi. After reading Zeng Li's novel, Ai Jingchu misunderstood that the person Zeng Li likes has always been Yu Yi, and gives up on confessing to her. He decides to head to Africa to carry out medical assistance mission. After receiving Yu Yi's confession, Zeng Li realizes the person she has always loved is Ai Jingchu, and returns to Ai Jingchu's side without hesitation. The two lovers finally became a couple.

Sources:

dramawiki

Helpful Links

Weibo l 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More photos, I'm now convinced that this drama will definitely air after First Love Again. :laugh:This drama's is based on a novel by the same author as Crush. I have not read this novel and honestly, I don't even know what it's about. Bi Wenjun just looks nice as always and the last time I saw Wu Xuanyi was with Xiao Zhan in DC. 

I watched a little bit of this and my first impression is that it's ok. The romance is a bit of a slow burner, which is not necessary bad. Ai Jingchu (the male lead) is a bit of a social recluse. He ends up having multiple encounters with Zeng Li (female lead) and slowly they end up liking each other. Jingchu helped Zeng Li when they were stuck on a mountain which I thought was captured very beautifully. The one thing that was amusing to me is that I live in an area where there is always snow during the winter months (lots of it too). I know they made it where the car got stuck in the snow but realistically, it wouldn't have been stuck. Haha!

All the other side characters are very interesting and have their own developing storylines. One friend loves to be in love so she would get herself in relationships without assessing the warning signs. The other friend is all about work but she does met a younger gentlemen who cares a lot about her. 

Overall, I like all the characters but I'm not committed to watching it through the end. There's just something about it that's not exactly captivating to me -- I don't know how to explain it. It's definitely worth a watch if you're into Chinese rom-coms. I do think that there are good elements, it's just not for me. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I watched a little bit of this and my first impression is that it's ok. The romance is a bit of a slow burner, which is not necessary bad. Ai Jingchu (the male lead) is a bit of a social recluse. He ends up having multiple encounters with Zeng Li (female lead) and slowly they end up liking each other. Jingchu helped Zeng Li when they were stuck on a mountain which I thought was captured very beautifully. The one thing that was amusing to me is that I live in an area where there is always snow during the winter months (lots of it too). I know they made it where the car got stuck in the snow but realistically, it wouldn't have been stuck. Haha!

Overall, I like all the characters but I'm not committed to watching it through the end. There's just something about it that's not exactly captivating to me -- I don't know how to explain it. It's definitely worth a watch if you're into Chinese rom-coms. I do think that there are good elements, it's just not for me. 

I've watched till E07, mainly because its 22 episodes. LOL. I like something that airs fast and/or is short so I won't have to wait in agony for the episodes to be aired. I have the same impression, nothing outstanding (in fact at the beginning, I found the FL's antics a little akward), slow burner, but I have to shame-facedly admit that I like the looks of the ML. So, I'll be here till the end.:wow:

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I've watched till E07, mainly because its 22 episodes. LOL. I like something that airs fast and/or is short so I won't have to wait in agony for the episodes to be aired. I have the same impression, nothing outstanding (in fact at the beginning, I found the FL's antics a little akward), slow burner, but I have to shame-facedly admit that I like the looks of the ML. So, I'll be here till the end.:wow:

u mean everything is release?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I have to shame-facedly admit that I like the looks of the ML. So, I'll be here till the end.

Hahahaha!! I can't blame you because Bi Wenjun is a very handsome man. He's only 23 years old but he is portraying his character well. He looks like someone in their late 20s. He actually looks a bit more boyish in the BTS photos of his other drama with Li Yitong. 

It's crazy that lately with all those advance episodes you can unlock by sharing your link (or automatically if you have VVIP on iQIYI) you can essentially finish a drama without two weeks! 

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha!! I can't blame you because Bi Wenjun is a very handsome man. He's only 23 years old but he is portraying his character well. He looks like someone in their late 20s. He actually looks a bit more boyish in the BTS photos of his other drama with Li Yitong. 

It's crazy that lately with all those advance episodes you can unlock by sharing your link (or automatically if you have VVIP on iQIYI) you can essentially finish a drama without two weeks! 

Yes, I first saw him in A Class of Her Own playing the role that Soong Joong Ki took on in the Korean version. I felt he did well and I was quite, quite charmed (and he is 187 cm, Lee Min Ho's height, I have a thing for tall guys :laugh:). So, when I saw this drama on Iqiyi, and I happen to have premium, so I get to unlock all VIP episodes. So, yah, got to watch all 12. And there's only 10 more to go. I suspect this might have been originally 24? And it was cut to 22? Coz' 22 is a very strange number of episodes and if this is under the 'Sweet On' range, the rest of the dramas are around 24 episodes too. At the point of E12, the story still has a hold on me.

Spoiler

The ML finds out about the FL's past from a book she has authored, and he is visibly touched about what she has had to go through. It's not as bad as abuse or anything but it wasn't easy and certainly you can't tell from her cheerful personality. So she's been pretty good at hiding it, I suspect, even from her 2 besties. Because one night when she was drunk, she let slip a little of what she had to go thru. But the book (from the way the drama went) seeems to be an actual recounting of her growing up years, coz at a book signing event, the fans of her book asked if she was going to end up with the ML in the book. And Yalkun Merxat is the love interest in the book who was her tutor (at least in the book) who went abroad to study. So, he might be the 2nd ML.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ok, @IpohBanana. You've convinced me. I will continue watching this with you. I don't want you to watch alone and now I'm just curious too. :laugh:

Plus I watched to episode 10, what's 12 more? Haha! And yes, 22 is an odd number because most of the other ones has been around 24 episodes. 

• Clapping Hands 1
22 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I felt he did well and I was quite, quite charmed (and he is 187 cm, Lee Min Ho's height, I have a thing for tall guys

Haha! He is very tall! When there would be long shots of him, I would think, "Wow, his legs are so long!!" 

Now that they made that guy Yi Yi likes into a bad guy, maybe they will focus on her relationship with Deng Hao Ran more. It's pretty evident that he likes her and is willing to put his girlfriend's feelings aside for her. Actually, I was a little surprised to see that he had a girlfriend considering how willing he is to just drop everything for her. 

The concerns Wu Ying has about the age difference with Liu Yu Cheng is pretty valid. She's 27 and he's 21. He's just starting out whereas she's passed that part in her life already. I don't think there's anything wrong with dating someone that's younger. I think if you're pretty young and is dating someone much younger than you, you'll probably feel the the difference in maturity. I don't think I've seen anything from Liu Yu Cheng that's made me think he's immature. He cares a lot for her and is pretty charming. I understand that the other doctor is able to provide her with that financial stability most parents would want for their child. Hopefully, Wu Ying doesn't make a rash decision about this. 

Ai Jing Chu and Zeng Li are cute together. I love their growing affection towards each other. It comes off very subtle and natural, nothing too over-the-top. Do you know if that's Bi Wenjun's real voice? Because I love the tone he's using when he talks and whispers. :wow::laugh:

By the way, this is the description iQIYI have on their website:

0mgEjzF.png

So Ai Jing Chu received a love letter from Zeng Li but it was meant for Yu Yi? All this time, did Ai Jing Chu knew that Zeng Li was the person behind the love letter? :thinking:

• Like 1

@Tofu i know, he has such longgggg legs. And really good looking.

Deng Hao Ran really has a tough mouth but a soft heart. He was like that with Zeng Li, rude and all but when she was bullied, he came to her rescue. So, I was wondering too if he was interested in Yi Yi, the way he was always there for her. But what I felt was missing was any subtle looks/ tenderness in the way he looked at her. Mayhaps, he isn't aware or it's just his character.

With Wu Ying, hhmm... well, he is at that age where he hasn't worked yet, so that gap, in real life, is likely to give rise to many issues. Of course this is reel life, so it won't appear as much. I agree, he doesn't appear immature, and there is this feeling that he mothers her instead. Quite hilarious to see someone at 21 telling the 27-year-old to sleep well, eat well, etc. Quite a juxtaposition!

I find our ML and FL a bit more realistic (btw have you seen the scene with the car rocking that the FL has to drive past - that was really funny, yet real, and akward at the same time) than some other reel couples. And his bashfulness towards her is quite charming. I really enjoyed that scene where he read the book and they illustrated her supposed-growing-up-years, for us, it was very endearing and the tear sliding down his face, oohh that got to me. Can't wait for Monday :heart:

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1

Maybe he thinks of Yi Yi as his sister's best friend or another "little sister"? He's not stopping her from seeing other men, but he does point out their flaws, why she deserves better, etc. I think in next week's episodes, he will realize his feelings and she will look at him as more than just a friend. 

8 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

Quite hilarious to see someone at 21 telling the 27-year-old to sleep well, eat well, etc. Quite a juxtaposition!

Hahaha, yes! I know they dabbled a bit into it, but it would be good to see more of their conversations on Western/Eastern medicine. I find this piece intriguing about them. 

9 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

(btw have you seen the scene with the car rocking that the FL has to drive past - that was really funny, yet real, and akward at the same time)

YES!! I was slightly confused but shrugged it off as another one of unexplainable/editing thing in Chinese dramas. Haha!

Same, I enjoyed that library/cafe scene with him reading her book especially since, before, she's shared a few things about the environment she grew up in. He empathized with her because he also didn't have the perfect upbringing despite being painted as this perfect person. There's a sense of loneliness in both of them and I'm partially worried what this second lead is going to do, how he's going to change things up.

By the way, Ai Jing Chu kind of stalked her by showing up at the movies and the club. However, the way it was told in the drama, I didn't get that impression at all. :laugh: