Mouse 마우스 [2021]

So will we have a final episode on Wednesday, and on Thursday, backstage, some scenes not shown and an alternate ending? LOL ... Funny, as for me, it seems that Vagabond with 16 episodes seemed more extensive than Mouse that if you count, it will go to 23, or 24 in total. It seems that so many repetitions have made the drama seem smaller than it really is.

• Like 3

Would like to take this time to round up tonight almost 2 hours long episode...

Everything ended well, things are explained.

....Death count

Spoiler

JE - She committed Suicide 

Politician - She got murdered 

HH - He was killed by BR

Finally

BR

- BR died in church while hugging his kid self telling JH that he is no longer a monster before dying.

BR was then buried in front of the cross...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Watched ep 20 and after seeing the ending, I actually didn't think feel this drama was as bad as what I felt previously. I still stand by my opinion that I think this drama was too complicated and I somehow feel that they could make it simpler and it could be just as good? Shrugs. 

However, I must say I like the ending!

• I feel that BR got his deserved ending. In my previous comment I said that I would not like it if BR just killed himself as that was a too-easy-way-out for a psychopath like him. This drama ended BR's life satisfactory: he died in a loooooottt of pain both physically and emotionally (thanks to YH's brain!). He died alone, miserable and no one was even there to collect his ashes or something. At the same time, it's also good that he found peace within himself and realised that he didn't die a monster. 
  • @Chocolate surprisingly this one episode was able to turn my opinions of the FLs. At the end of the drama, I actually liked them (again) :laugh: I'm glad that Bong Yi didn't go all mushy when she went to see BR (I was so afraid she would 'forgive' him because she's still in love with him...that would be meehhhh). Hong Ju also owned up to her mistake and I was actually hoping to see her and our ex-detective MooChi get together again. 
  • Happy that we got to see how they're 3 years later and saw a happy ending for all our 'good/ok' main characters. :lol: MooChi now became an egg-seller~~ And that they're all there to support each other (as shown how MooChi now supporting Bong Yi ... and Bong Yi actually had built a relationship with Eun Chong and Yo Han's sister Jae Hee... and that at the end it seems they would have dinner together with Hong Ju and her parents?)
  • Although I'm happy with BR's ending, it didn't stop me from pitying him either. Got teary eyes watching BR here and there :cry: 

Great acting by LSG and LHJ! 

Not sure what kind of different ending will be shown during the special tonight ... but see whether I'll like it more than the original one. 

• Clapping Hands 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Although I'm happy with BR's ending, it didn't stop me from pitying him either. Got teary eyes watching BR here and there 

I sobbed :laugh:like…he wanted to be a normal person! But he couldn’t…ultimately only when he died then he could tell himself that he is freed. Which is..very upsetting to watch :scaredpanda2:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

While people love and extol Mouse's script, I just applaud LSG's performances. For what was required of him. I see no difference between the crazy Secretary and Choi Ran. In the end, after all the shit, they approved mandatory abortion for positive tested genes, even though "Yo Hans" may exist. Even though the women who will pass the tests suffer for not wanting to kill their children (throughout the series all mothers tried to kill their children later.) What a perverse script that encourages the suicide of a woman who went wrong because of the damn circumstances she went through pushed into it. Nobody had mercy on her. It seems like an affront to talk about mental health and therapy precisely in a story about psychopathy. The story presents various contexts, about nature versus creation, innate psychopaths, prejudice, in order to endorse that a unique way is to kill babies.
 Message of total hopelessness for society. After these same artists and writers will regret on social media when someone commits suicide because of pressure from society and lack of empathy.

• Clapping Hands 4
10 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

However, I must say I like the ending!

• I feel that BR got his deserved ending. In my previous comment I said that I would not like it if BR just killed himself as that was a too-easy-way-out for a psychopath like him. This drama ended BR's life satisfactory: he died in a loooooottt of pain both physically and emotionally (thanks to YH's brain!). He died alone, miserable and no one was even there to collect his ashes or something. At the same time, it's also good that he found peace within himself and realised that he didn't die a monster. 
  • @Chocolate surprisingly this one episode was able to turn my opinions of the FLs. At the end of the drama, I actually liked them (again) :laugh: I'm glad that Bong Yi didn't go all mushy when she went to see BR (I was so afraid she would 'forgive' him because she's still in love with him...that would be meehhhh). Hong Ju also owned up to her mistake and I was actually hoping to see her and our ex-detective MooChi get together again. 

You are blood thirsty!

I am surprised that the ending for Bareum worked for me too. But I was very sad that he felt so much pain emotionally and physically at the end 😭😭😭 So much so that I wished that "the look" he had when he entered the prison meant that his natural psychopath instincts had overridden his emotional side.

bNPm7G1.gif

lIA20f7.gif

Bong Yi, till the end, remains unappealing. She is juvenile (which her age is I suppose) and says all those cruel words to a dying man, whom she supposedly loved. Even Moo Chi softened at the end and I think he has more grievance than BY.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Was that Bong Yi on the operating table getting her brain operated on??!

That's my first question. Who was that on the operating table? I don't think it is Bong Yi, because that person had a mole near the eye brow. Is the government continuing with the brain transplant on other psychopaths?😱

hW3Aazf.png?1

Second question. Why was Choi pardoned? Did President Shin pardon her to have her killed as revenge for his son's death? But she could have easily been killed in prison too.

All in all, "Mouse" was relatively entertaining and thought provoking. It could have been written much better of course (plus that vote where fetus with the psychopath gene is to be aborted 🙄 what's the point of that?) and not sure if I am sensitive but it seems there is a lot of narration - as in the characters explain the plot instead of viewers seeing it for themselves. But I think the actors saved the drama.

lRndP6C.png?1

• Clapping Hands 2

Tonight marks the end of Mouse!

Thank you all who is here on this thread discussing and having fun for the past few months! 
:pandatakeit:

The alternative ending, the rat box that was thrown in the drain, ended up being alive. So it could mean that BR could have survived. Also, Bong Yi and friends had a nice group dinner together in her house! Shin Sang daughter is a psychopath, and I think his father isn’t as good as he says he is.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

12 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

The alternative ending, the rat box that was thrown in the drain, ended up being alive. So it could mean that BR could have survived.

If there is a sequel, it should be like "Catch me if you can" - BR to work with the police to catch the psychopaths! [Edit: wait, that's been explored in the tie-knot murders, oops.]

I think LSG has done well here. Not sure what more can be accomplished with a sequel. Maybe it will feature someone else, if there is one.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

If there is a sequel, it should be like "Catch me if you can" - BR to work with the police to catch the psychopaths! [Edit: wait, that's been explored in the tie-knot murders, oops.]

I think LSG has done well here. Not sure what more can be accomplished with a sequel. Maybe it will feature someone else, if there is one.

Don't think there will be a season 2 lol. Not sure why they did have that alternate ending. Even if they do have one..high chances BR is no more. :')

SIGH...My leather Lover and Mandu got an award from Hunter Award for the best Bromanceeee! Woohoo! They both received a couple mugs. LHJ says "It shouldn't have been been different color mug don't you think so honey?" 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

On 5/20/2021 at 5:30 PM, Chocolate said:

That's my first question. Who was that on the operating table? I don't think it is Bong Yi, because that person had a mole near the eye brow.

This is Yohan 😂 the real-life Yohan from Broduce X 101. 

Kudos to LSG and LJH for making this drama bearable. KHW got his first major role after appearing in show so congrats to our baby YH. 

Okay, so I want to love this show but it's absurd. It humanizes a serial killer but dehumanizes psychopaths. Again, they didn't have to debate on aborting carrier babies since according to them only 1% of gene carriers become serial killers. They would end up killing not only geniuses but also successful psychopaths, who are productive members of society. Then after presenting a flawed and unethical experiment, they turned it into a law? It's eugenics. And they didn't even consider the existence of sociopathic serial killers. And think about it, the proponents were never tested, and almost every character here wanted to kill somebody at one point.

The baby swap is also weird. The moms would rather become a criminal than a responsible parent, like maybe asking for professional help if your kid starts exhibiting disturbing behavior. On top of that, YH's real mom allowed her son to live a tortured life as a murderer's child. 

Then the brain transplant :PsyWhat:

So I maintain that it's a scifi thriller (or psyfi 😆), where these things would make sense in its own world. Or poetic license. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've been busy but have watched the final ep, plus the special episode (ep 21) and I actually haven't processed everything properly yet, and not sure if I ever will. 😆

I did like the last ep. But it didn't have that much emotional impact on me anymore. (Maybe my emotions got all jumbled up with all the confusion this drama brought 😆) the closest I got to tearing up was Hongju's moment with her dad. Also really sad for JE, her life was constantly shattered by the writer. And I did like the "twist" that Dr. Lee didn't give a lab result test to the person in the car (which was also a twist) but a list of the kids with the psycho gene. 

@Darkarcana the episode list on Viki says there's still another ep coming. Did you hear anything about that or is that just an error on Viki's part?

• Like 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472080wpp/mouse-star-kwon-hwa-woon-dishes-on-hopes-for-a-season-2-being-surprised-by-the-ending-how-lee-seung-gi-inspired-him

“If there’s a Season 2, I’d like to see Yo Han being happy in a parallel universe. I’d like it if he could at least smile a lot in Season 2.”

I feel like he (the actor) will be able to pull off maybe a spin off focusing on Yo Han. He played such a crucial role even after his early death. 

I do wish he was there during the special show/episode! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Darkarcana I'm watching this very late so no one around here, lols. 

At early episodes, it was so hard to follow the storyline. Because of the too much talking almost 1 hour. The camp murder was so brutal. I really cant take it. So I had to pause and distracted watching something else, something more happier and cheerful. But then I realized my drama watching list is getting boring at some point so I back to Mouse again. I'm glad I did. After done the first episode, it became much enjoyable, the suspense had me on the edge of my seat. 

I was quite suprised that they got the serial killer pretty fast, compared to other shows, they would drag things to the finale. I thought what would they show us next if the bad guy already got caught. Teng! I was totally wrong! The first 6 episodes was like only the appertizer and then next episodes were the main course. The story begins in fragments and it slowly unveil the big picture.

JBR reborn as a new genius detective after the surgery, it seems that something in the past is hidden from him and the surgery effect slowly reopens the old memories of his past. I was ever asked which BR I liked the most, I think I get I why you'd told me that I'd love him even more later. The pasca-surgery BR is still a good guy that I love, well everyone love I guess, but only his packaging changed. But somehow they keep playing with my heart, I wasn't expecting him to be another psychopath but it loves to lead be with the assumptions to it. 

And to cut all it short, now I'm already reaching ep 8 halfway. The annoying female pd is back. I think she has her own agenda, like there is something that made her can be together with SYH, does she come from the same background as him or having the similar experience probably? Yeah whatever is that, I feel like I need to ffd her scenes. She messed with the investigation's evidence and make a deal for her own benefit. For now that is the impression I got for her. 

Ok, back to watch again. I think I can get until episode 9 today. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 2

Alnost done ep 14, but since I have to go for work, so I let it pause. I cant bear to see the cluffhanger and not to keep watching it. 

This is not a melodrama but they keep me tear up. Seeing how those family victim's mourning for their beloved ones or struggling to keep them alive. All these predators are the source of their misery. And the law didnt do much justice for them. They made false investigations and even jailed someone innocent while keep losing to those psychopath. And there we have our black night, it was probably his destiny to get the psychopath brain, so it reminds me to what little SYH payers to God when he was young, he asked Him to not turn him into minsters and he wants to be someone liie the little kid who badage his wounded hands even after he witnessed him killing the bunny. I think that one little brave guy could probably stop him from being a monster if they stick together. I mean yes he carried his psychopath dad gene with him, but deep down his heart he keep praying to God to stop him. This probably a hope that little SYH couldn't get unfortunately. 

I see BR is getting control of himself and I am glad that he wasnt following what DL instruct him to kill. He is shady with some of his hidden agendas. I love that lines he has here "Dont give this kind of thing to do, I'm the one who decide" I feel our old BR is back. Yay. 

Ah... what a surprise? We got heartwarming scenes here? Love love that. Hahaha. It was nice and pretty proper. Hope it will get good happy ending later. Please, dont make me sad writer. 

As usual I tag you @Darkarcana so I won't be alone here. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 2

whoa.. I got fooled all this time! It feels like I can guess but in the end I end up completely wrong, I take it back what I said in the beginning, I like the new JBR then the old one, the one who in good guy disguise. 

Finally, God answered his prayers. He feel pain of what all of his doing now. It all come back to him, to punish for all his wrong doings. Good twist!

Now how to deal the agtermath he created??? I still have 5 episodes to go. He killed CK to let the pooice catch him, poor MC, poor BY, poor SYH, the pd the baby boy, and everyone who got close to him. Ah... so heartbreaking. I supposed to hate him right??? Why should I give my sympathy to him??? 

@Darkarcana

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 4 weeks later...