Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

Because the headache was not addressed in Episode 12, I assumed (rightly or wrongly) that the reason behind Jeong-won's headache was his angst over to leave or stay. It's possible that could be more to it as none of us can be entirely sure. But I don't think it will affect WG  in the bigger scheme of things. I seem to remember Writer Lee saying that Gyeo-ul's arc is a multi-season one and she made sure Shin Hyun-bin understood that.

My observation is that the show keeps romance very lowkey and PD Shin himself has said he doesn't want to get all melodramatic about the romance so I expect things to stay simple.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I have been trying to puzzle out what are the implications with Chi-hong no longer being in the show. This is what I have come up with.

If the drama does implement a time-skip such that Chi-hong completed his chief residency stint and is now away studying for his board examinations or pursuing a fellowship at another hospital, then this could be a skip of any time from one to two years following 25 December 2019.

• Which would mean that Song-hwa would have completed her year in Sokcho and is now back at Yulje.
  • Gyeo-ul, being in the same year of residency as Chi-hong, if she is still at Yulje, she would be pursuing her fellowship.
  • Min-ha could either be in her final residency year or perhaps even away for her board exams.

So many important things would have happened in the meantime, between the four canon couples. Could it be that they would use flashbacks to tell stories, which would not need Chi-hong in the scenes.

If the drama does not implement a time-skip, this means that Chi-hong might have left Yulje during his chief residency year despite seemingly settling into an apartment near the hospital.

• Perhaps he decided that it was too painful to remain at Yulje after Song-hwa's rejection
  • He decided to transfer to Sokcho despite her wishes
  • He had a family matter that caused him to give up the Chief Residency year
  • His condition took a turn for the worse, impeding his abilities as a surgeon and he had to leave the programme

Or perhaps Chi-hong is in Yulje but just perpetually off-screen for Season 2...

What does everyone think? I am sure there are other possibilities out there. I am also ready for ShinLee to totally surprise us with something we have never thought of.

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 4

But oh no @wallflowersforjane , if there really is a time skip we may not get to progressively watch our WG ship date & all ? Worse case scenario-  they’ll throw our ship into some angst- we see them in the middle of a conflict/ argument/ time out  , and then we see in flashbacks how their relationship developed in that year .  Or best case scenario- a bun is in the  oven leading to a shot gun marriage ! Oh wait , I forgot he’s catholic :Sin:. ...Father , please forgive them. :laugh:

So what I’m thinking is that they may actually show Song Hwa’s year in Sockcho. With her no longer in Yulje , they won’t need to show what happens in the neuro department 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@kiklaminho I forgot about the headache that JW had. I don’t think it’s anything serious though. I figured it was due to him being stressed out about the conflict within him. I don’t foresee him doing anything drastic to the WG ship .  The backlash would be too much considering how a big a following they have even domestically - k nets often talk about being stockholders in this ship . 

What I do think they may drag out is iksong & even the gom-gom love lines . 

I am open in everything and I dont forget that in Prison Playbook SheenLee and the other writer gave that ending to Loony even though he was a very well loved character and viewers would love probably to see him regain back his life.

I also remember the rumor in R88 that their intention was to end JH  bc his story as pilot was upon a true story but the plot got leaked with pics that we never saw at the end and the scenes were redone differently.I dont want to pay attention in the R88 rumors but Loony s story happened and shows me that every kind of ending is possible with ShinLee.

Death and diseases are part of our lives and a drama that comes with the tag slice of life has a big possibility to show us this side also.

Maybe its not going to be in S2 maybe something will happen in S3 .Maybe nothing happens and all 5 main doctors and friends at the end will have a happily ever after lives recovering (?) from problems that may face.

Except Dr.Chihong is any other character confirmed that will be out?

Seems that we ll have a time skip but I really want to see WG reaction right after the kiss/confession...Do I ask too much?

Also I am still waiting for an YYS interview regarding HP. If I remember correct everyone gave at least one.

Edited by kiklaminho
add
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But oh no @wallflowersforjane , if there really is a time skip we may not get to progressively watch our WG ship date & all ? Worse case scenario-  they’ll throw our ship into some angst- we see them in the middle of a conflict/ argument/ time out  , and then we see in flashbacks how their relationship developed in that year .  Or best case scenario- a bun is in the  oven leading to a shot gun marriage ! Oh wait , I forgot he’s catholic :Sin:. ...Father , please forgive them. :laugh:

So what I’m thinking is that they may actually show Song Hwa’s year in Sockcho. With her no longer in Yulje , they won’t need to show what happens in the neuro department 

That's what I am worried about as well. But for all the other ships, a time-skip doesn't make sense. What happens to Junwan's unreturned package, what happens after Seok-hyung got the call from his ex-wife. Playing it out via flashbacks wouldn't be very slice-of-life either. But it's also weird to have Song-hwa not under the same roof as them too.

2 hours ago, kiklaminho said:

Except Dr.Chihong is any other character confirmed that will be out?

No further official confirmations. It's been rather vague. Such as Ha Yoon-kyung (Heo Sunbin), in one of her interviews she said she wasn't sure if she would return. Moon Tae-yoo's interview implied he is returning for S2, but until definite cast confirmation is up, I wouldn't bet on it. Jung Moon-sung's special episode aired without a farewell message, so I think he's safe. There is some speculation about Dr Bong returning because the actor is confirmed for Vincenzo (the drama with Song Joong-ki).

• Like 5

In all honestly a time jump doesn't make sense to me because of how Episode 12 ended. Certainly not in Episode 1 of S2 because of the questions that were raised/unresolved in the finale. Of course there's nothing to say that those can't be resolved with flashbacks. Unsatisfying perhaps but not impossible.

I've been also thinking that when they first wrote Ahn Chi-hong into the script and interviewed Kim Jun-han that they did not take into account how popular the character would become. The focal point for them was always about the five friends. They had a much clearer picture of who these people were and what they were trying to achieve with the Flawed Five. I guess they wrote him primarily as Song-hwa's resident and his arc as far as the Five are concerned has ended. It does kind of explain why they "threw him under the bus" in the last 2 episodes and he was used as a wake-up call for Ik-jun.

I suppose it's possible on hindsight that the show was farewelling Chi-hong when he was gifted with sandals from Song-hwa. And I agree that if they were intending to focus on Song-hwa's time in Sokcho then she would have a completely different group of students to contend with in her new location. It's sort of how Prison Playbook was when the likes of Kaist or Dr Ko were suddenly transferred to another penitentiary. 

There's also nothing to say that there can't be a bigger time jump in say, Episode 3 or 4 that sees the return of Song-hwa to Yulje then. The show already does incremental time jumps from time to time so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

51 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I suppose it's possible on hindsight that the show was farewelling Chi-hong when he was gifted with sandals from Song-hwa.

Yes, that long sequence was definitely a farewell. The director confirms it now in the special episode. We were all too enamoured with his character to see it.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's also nothing to say that there can't be a bigger time jump in say, Episode 3 or 4 that sees the return of Song-hwa to Yulje then. The show already does incremental time jumps from time to time so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I thought of this as well and its a realistic possibility to tie up the loose ends from S1 EP12 to S2. It would also conveniently skip across the pandemic if they wanted to showcase a bit of that and not let it take up the whole show.

• Like 5

@wallflowersforjane

Maybe its time to create a gomgom thread because in the future we will see more of that ship.

I think I am the only one that ship Seok Hyeon with his exwife with out even knowing their story.But if he said that he feels sorry for his ex and the things she had to go through bc his family then that means she was a good person.

I believe in second chance. Lol what ever makes him happy.Sin-Hye or Minha or neither of them just him finding peace and calmness in his life I am in.

Edited by kiklaminho
  • Like 3

@kiklaminho I would but I am hoping a bigger GomGom shipper than I might want to do it, since I already started the WG thread. So for now, will just share it with here with everyone to talk about since we are still a cozy group. :SquirtleWonderfull:

I don't think Shinhye would be a bad person either, just going by how ShinLee have created their characters. Even though we only saw that one phone call, it makes me curious how frequently is Seokhyung in contact with his ex-wife. 

• Like 3

Hospital Playlist Throwback Special Episode 11

99z or also known as Dinousaur Ridge, Begin. 

Rough Translations (made around 3 hours after the premier in YT)

When they meet up together
*giggling*
*burst out laughing*
*LOL-ing*
*noisy*

Of course, they were not like that when they met for the first time

August 17, 2019 The day where 99z met for the first time for the first reading. Mi Do is practicing her lines alone after finishing her individual interview. When she started to feel bored, *ding dong* someone has arrived. 
note: * * caption added by Shin PD

MD: *bows politely* Hello~
YS: Oh hello!
Caption: Yoo Yeon Seok arrived
Caption YS: *business smile*
YS: This is how we met
MD: Yes~ *whoa it's an actor* It's very cool
YS: I was drinking with the director when I recommended you
MD: Because of that, I was very... It was very beneficial to me
YS: Why?
MD: Yes? Because of what you were saying, it helped me so much. He said he was very moved because of it
YS: Ahh? I'm sure Jung Seok hyung would say the same too 
Caption: Jung Seok and Yoon Seok who played big role for MD's casting
MD: Yes, both of you said good things about me that's why now I feel like I have to treat you for meals
Caption: At that time... Dae Myung came
YS: Hello
Shin PD: Oh both of you are here

Caption: (between YS and DM, have met with each other once) (between DM and MD, meeting for the first time)
YS: It has been years since the last time we met
DM: My question might sound strange, but how have you been?
MD: I'm doing good
MD: Can you play the piano well?
DM: I can't really play it
MD: The same goes with me
Caption: As expected, the biggest common topic is band
MD: I had a callus on my fingers
DM: Is it your first time playing?
MD: Yes! It's my first time to hold it (the bass guitar)
Caption: After having a good flow of conversation, this little laugh ended the conversation and suddenly it became silent 

Caption: Right at that time, the third friend appeared
MD,DM: Hello~
Caption: Long-haired guitarist Kyung Ho
Caption: It's the first time meeting for the three of them
KH: Nice to meet you
DM: Nice to meet you
Caption: When we thought the atmosphere is a little bit bright, it became silence again

Caption: Actually, that friend (Kyung Ho) is a little bit insider, depending on the situation. An insider who is shy. That's why, in here there are 3 people who are all very shy people
Caption: It is very quite that you can hear the low voice of the AC
Caption KH: *wandering around*
Caption DM: *me too*
Caption: A dead silence where two men are wondering around one woman
Caption MD: *haa...*
Caption: The woman who sigh while looking at the men
Caption: (Like the oldest brother) To break this heavy silence... Dae Myung at 4.30 p.m asks something that is very proper for the time (note: read it with a little bit sarcastic)
DM: Have you eaten? Both of you?
MD: I had a light lunch
KH: I had my lunch. Have you eaten?
DM: Yeah, I had my lunch too.
Caption KH, MD: *laugh*
KH: I guessed after we finished, we'll have dinner, wouldn't we?
MD: I think so
Caption: At least, the three of them started to talk with food topics
DM: Are we going to have some meat? (a barbecue perhaps)
Caption: Dinner menu is beef
Staff: Yes, we'll have meat
MD: *really likes to eat* Can I eat a lot?
DM: I thought we'll eat here, that's why I brought the dried pollack
MD: Does it taste good?
DM: The dried pollack? Yes, I bought it from the store in front of my home. I've bought it before and everyone seems to like it. Because I told that the five of us would gather today, I've bought 5 pieces of dried pollack
Caption KH: *I have to save it. I need to save it* (means to keep the conversation going)
KH: Hyung, have you gotten married?
DM: Not yet
Caption: His slip of tounge for a mature topic made the situation cold again

DM: *reading the atmosphere* Shall we talk about good things?
Caption all: *good topics...*
MD: Have you visited the hospital?
Caption: A good topic, hospital visit
KH: Next week I will
MD: Ah, next week? Oppa, have you visited the hospital?
DM: Me... I think I'll visit next week or maybe the earliest is on Tuesday. Our hospital are all different
Caption: Different department, different hospital
MD: Next Monday I will go visit a different hospital (from the last one)
DM: When I was preparing for drama 'Misaeng', all the actors visit a company together. We visited to have a look and study a little bit. At that time, I wasn't that well known (rarely appeared in TV) so the employee in that office thought me that I was a new recruit and gave me work to do. When I asked what should I do, they told me to learn it by myself. "Why are you just standing over there? You have to get to work immediately!"
Caption: A funny story has ended... The silence came again

MD: *a common topic* You do play guitar, don't you?
KH: Yes
MD: Did you make a lot of progress?
KH: Ah, I did learn a little because of my last drama
MD: Aah.. right right I saw it
DM: I saw you that you performed in the drama
KH: Two days ago I played 'Introduce me to a Good Person'. That song is difficult
MD: Ah so everyone have started to practice, only I haven't...
KH: Hyung, I heard rumor that you are filming for the preview
DM: Where did you hear that? 
DM: Ah right, that's right. I was preparing for a championship
Caption: There's already a rumor spreads around the entertainment world about his passionate for piano
DM: When my parents told me to learn the basic, I should've done it... It's not easy to play with both hands

Caption: Now let's check the progress for each member parts
DM: *playing the piano part for Introduce me to a Good Person* *making a good progress about 70%)
DM: I was wrong, wasn't I? Why would everyone notice when you hit the wrong note on piano? I can't hide my mistakes. I heard people say that it's good to learn piano when you are young. I just learned it in my 40s. I should've started when I was 4 years old
Caption: This day lesson, will be included in next week episodes as a cookie clip
DM: The other members are practicing too?
Staff: Yes they are
MD: Playing the musical scale on the bass guitar
Caption YS: actually we don't know what he was doing. He's working hard on it
KH: Progress for Introduce me to a Good Person about 70~80% complete
Caption: A simple wish from the band members
DM: I wish at the very least one of us can play well
MD: We have Jung Seok Oppa
Caption: The only hope is Jo Jung Seok who plays classic guitar
DM: Yeah, Jung Seok can play the guitar well
JS: Currently in the first place for his progress report. However, it's not that easy either
DM: How was it? (while shooting the Prison Playbook)
KH: I think it was one of my happiest moments while working on a drama. It was very fun. All of the people are...
MD: What do you think about this project?
KH: I think it's going to be fun
KH: Why Noona?
MD: Yes? I wished it's going to be fun
KH: There's no way it's not going to be fun
MD: The scripts are very interesting
DM: I too find the scripts interesting
MD: I wished the shooting atmosphere would be fun. Because we have to do this (at least) for several years together
KH: That's right
DM: It feels like we're spending time together like in high school
Caption: At least until season 2, it will take about 2 years
MD: Oh, right. We're all classmates
MD: We... We need to do well, right? 
KH: Right. Season 1 need to do well. I have to give my best!
Caption: Ending the talk while saying they will give their best... Another heavy silence came...

Caption MD, KH: *Looking somewhere in a distance*
Caption: From now on, we are going to show you the real time happening without any editing *we swear*
Mark 30 seconds: For you who just watched this might misunderstood but, they're not fighting
Mark 38 seconds
Caption KH: He's not stretching
Caption MD: She's not angry
Mark 47 seconds: It's not a freeze frame
Mark 56 seconds, caption MD: A humming sound, doesn't mean that she's excited
Mark 68 seconds, caption KH: Pretending to be comfortable, whistling. Doesn't mean he's comfortable
Mark 75 seconds, caption DM: He's not having deep thoughts
Mark 83 seconds, caption KH: He's not crying
Mark 87 seconds: I'm telling you again, she's not angry
Mark 125 seconds: I'm telling you again, they are not fighting
Mark 135 seconds: The two of them (DM and MD) don't text each other
Mark 295 seconds: The silence is very suffocating
Mark 300 seconds: Who can break the silence between the three of them?
Mark 311 seconds: At last!!!

KH: I watched 'Maybe Happy Ending' and it was really good
MD: You have watched the performance?
KH: *nods*
Caption: After 5 mins 11 seconds, the silence is broken with musical topics
MD: Really? Was it really good? 
KH: *give thumbs up*
MD: Ah, I feel shy
KH: Hyung, have you... did you watch 'Maybe Happy Ending'?
DM: That one? I watched her performance in Mr Mouse before.
MD: *embarrassed* My goodness (it is her debut performance)
KH: You watched it?
MD: Whoa it's amazing. So both of you have watched one of my performance then? 
MD: When someone says they have watched my performance, I would feel shy but both of you have watched it
DM: I too if someone said to me "Dae Myung, I had watched one of your performance before" I would say immediately I'm sorry. I was wrong (because he's embarrassed)
Caption: When we thought that the atmosphere has gotten lighten up, with their awkward smiles and ambiguous looks... 
Caption All: Became silent again
Caption: If no one come, these people might have get suffocated with the silence

Caption: He's here!
JS: Hello~
Caption: An insider who comes with a cheerful greetings
Caption KH: Give a hug even when they met for the first time
JS: Ah Mido-ssi, nice to meet you
Caption: A cheeful greeting with a friend whom he met after 3 months
JS: Hi!
Caption: A reunion between Napdeukki and Kang Nam Sunbae of <Architecture 101>
Caption: Now it feels like a house where people lives (because of the cheerful atmosphere)

JS: A while ago I heard you have visited ...
Caption: The moment he sit, he start a natural conversation
KH: Ah right. It was really good, wasn't it?
JS: It was
KH: Over there you can see...
Caption: Not long ago, Kyung Ho was filming at a pension which own by Jung Seok's acquintance
KH: *when they just met for the first time, suggesting a MT (membership training or small gathering) Oh how about we, shall we go just among 5 of us?
JS: Oh sure when we have the chance, it would be nice
KH: The place is very nice
JS: I think our director and writer will like the place too
Caption: Ah FYI, you all might know that Jung Seok is born as an insider but actually he's an introvert
Caption: (JS) saw the camera
DM: This kind of weather is perfect (for having a trip)
JS: It does

JS: Director, why there is a camera and mic setting in this place?
Shin PD: Well... If there's any special video or something, it can be used...
Caption: A recording for a special video and a monitoring for the writer as well
JS: As expected
Caption: An variety export who is well-prepared for any occasions
JS: Because he used to be a variety show PD
Caption: However, the first meeting between Jung Seok and Dae Myung...
Shin PD: But I felt it at that day. "Ah, if we shot it for people in their 40s, it didn't really have any meaning". When we were filming the R88 series, the first meeting between Kyung Pyo and Hye Young. Both of them knew each other before, they are close friends. But that day, they were flustered to see each other (and knew that there will be love line between two of them). When Hye Young came, because Kyung Pyo was quite young, his face turned all red. The first meeting between them felt very fresh. But these two... "Oh you came?" just like that
JS: Well yeah we did. "Why didn't you tell me that you're going to come?" we only said that
(we're shown the comparison between the first time meeting of people in their 20s and people in their 40s)

Shin PD: First time meeting between people in their 40s didn't have that fresh feelings. No matter what they did, it didn't give exciting feeling
JS: Which one do you want to drink, Mi Do ssi? *sweetly*
Caption: But still between Ik Jun and Song Hwa, there's this strawberry latte scent
JS: Strawberry Latte?
Caption: While Kyung Ho and Yeon Seok were talking about drama
Caption JS: *I want to talk with her*
JS: Nice to meet you
MD: *bows* Me too
JS: It's our first time to meet with each other
MD: Years ago, I saw you at the awards ceremony
JS: Award ceremony? 
MD: When you received the new actor award (2008, when JJS received his new actor award at Korea Musical Award)
JS: Ah, at that time? Whoa it's been a long time
Shin PD: Ah, you two have met before?
MD: No this is our first time
JS: This is our first time to meet with each other personally

JS: *The first person who recommend Mi Do* Actually, I have seen her performance only one time. Because her performance at that time was really great
YS: Which one?
JS: Once (where MD got best actress award at 2015 The Musical Award)
YS: Ahh I see
JS: When I saw her performance back then, whoa... I have heard that Jeon Mi Do is very good, but she's really good
Shin PD: Did you watch it because you heard about her popularity? 
JS: She's quite famous
YS: *The second person who recommend Mi Do* I watched Sweeny Todd
JS: Sweeny Todd? Ahh the one that she did with Seung Woo Hyung?
MD: *humbly* All of the characters are good (MiDo got best actress award at 2017 Korea Musical Award for her Sweeny Todd performance)
YS: It was a musical but felt like a theater. There are many people participated in the performance. It was really good
Shin PD: I think rather than the 4 of you, viewers are going to focus their attention at Mi Do. 
Caption: Maybe, at this time she might feel burdened (but it is a happy ending)

JS: Do everyone.. know each other? 
KH: It's my first time to meet with others
DM: We just met today
JS: Ah really? 
YS: I had met with (Dae Myung) Hyung when we have a poster shooting for film 'Beauty Inside'
JS: *Clearing up* So this how we can go. Both of us (JS and DM) are the same age. Mi Do ssi is
MD: I am 38 y.o (Korean Age)
JS: 38 y.o?! *surprised*
Shin PD: born in 80 (JS DM), 82 (MD), 83 (KH), 84 (YS)
MD: I am in the middle
YS: I am the youngest
DM: Thanks for the drinks
KH: It's alright
JS: Oh it's from you?
KH: I bought it because the director likes it
Shin PD: Just think that I bought it
DM: Thanks for the drinks, director
JS: *acting as the leader* *put an order for the way calling names* (to YS) so we are all your Hyung (to KH) both of us is your Hyung. Mi Do ssi is your Unnie, eh no (unnie is when a younger woman calling for older woman), she is your Noona. So shall we just talk comfortably with each other? 
(while 99z are all shaking hands and agreed to speak more comfortably)
Shin PD: This kind of day is very fun

(skip the reading part)
(note: Jung Seok acts as the narator, even though it's not necessary. Shin PD helps by reading any other characters lines that is not 99z. Sometimes Jung Seok also help by acting the supporting characters part)
(note 2: When they are rehearsing the flash back scenes, JS and KH who are born in Seoul have yet get a lesson about their Changwon's accent (maybe almost similar with Busan's accent) but they are just try it anyway. Mi Do who's from Busan are giggling while listening to their accent)

After finishing their first reading, Shin PD explained that before the official reading, usually he will gather the lead cast for separate reading rehearsal among the lead characters (Kyung Ho and Yeon Seok had their experience with their previous project). He suggested about two or three times of 99z reading rehearsal before the official reading. He knew that everyone has their own schedule to attend.
KH: Let's meet more often. At least 10 times. Let's just meet for 10 times! We can discuss our schedule after this and set the time before we go
DM: How about all of us stamped our attendance in here (on the scripts)
And they finished the reading and went to eat beef and dried pollack (that DM bought)

Since that day... (at least they have met with each other 12 times off the shooting schedule, based on the pictures that were shown)

Picture taken scene inside the warehouse
Staff: Okay, ready with the pose (IkJun put his hand on SHwa's shoulder!!! SHwa looks flustered and tried to hide her blush!)
Staff: One, two three (taking a picture)
Staff: Song Hwa Noona please be more bashfully
Staff: Okay, one two three

That's how the five of use became friends 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:39 AM, kiklaminho said:

I think I am the only one that ship Seok Hyeon with his exwife with out even knowing their story.

No you're certainly not alone :smile: I actually want SHyeong with his ex-wife too..but this is just me liking the show providing 'different' type of love line (we already have love line between senior-junior/intern) and we haven't had a love line between ex-husband and ex-wife yet. And from the very little information provided in season 1, his ex-wife seems to be a nice person (one who could put up with SHyeong's family drama). But of course my preference can change depending on how she's presented in season 2. I do like Min Ha character though :) 

Season 1 ended its story in December 2020 right? Or December 2019? 

Edit: woww..Dec 2019! I just realised HP season 1 aired last year and not this year (gasps). Time fliesss

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

OMG @LaLa Thank you for the translations! Even just reading it, I felt the awkwardness between them at the beginning, all over again. Watching the special episode last night, I was really happy to see the cast and how far they have come since the first script reading. Joining this fandom has been the absolute best decision I made this year, not just because of the drama but because I found all of you as friends too! 

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE! :hug:

• Heart Eyes 4

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Ep 12
Our Yong Seok Min & Our Heo Seon Bin

Summary with Rough Translations

At the start of the episode, we're shown a clips where NS team having lunch together. Without us realizing, SM has shown that he likes SB by how he use word 'our' Seon Bin. The way he use word 'our' shows that he sees her more than just a junior :D That's why SHwa asks for clarification and SM looked flustered and try to include everything with word 'our' (Our Chi Hong, Our Professor)

January 18, 2019. First meeting with Moon Tae Yoo.
Shin PD and Writer Lee began their journey for auditioning and casting the casts for Hospital Playlist. The junior writers (the one who assists Writer Lee in writing her script) suggests MTY as one of the candidates for the main casts. At that time, MTY participated in musical 'Maybe, Happy Ending' (acted as Oliver, the main character). He debuted in 2007 at musical theater stage. Shin PD asks if he's a good singer and MTY shyly answers that he's good enough to perform at the musical performance. 

Writer Lee talks about his profile picture that looks cool, just like an idol singer. His birth name is Lee Seung Won. He use a stage name because there are many actors who has similar name (Seung Won). When he's asked about his nickname from musical fans, MTY answers rather than a nickname, fans shorten his name and called him 'Tyu' ('T' from Tae and 'Yu' (or can also be written as Yoo). TY also participated as a dubber. He participated in animation dubbing (one of them is TOBOT (2010), a popular Korean animation about robot who can turned into car, sounds similar with Transformers). The animation director mostly casts stage actors to give a real acting feeling in the animation. 

TY describes himself as a serious person. He doesn't really like talking nonsense or saying something blunt. We're shown that he read Lee Jun Ho's lines from Prison Playbook as part of his audition. The second character is Captain Yoo, still from Prison Playbook. (So far all characters have similar characters which is can speak bluntly. (Note from Shin PD. Because it's their first audition, they put the camera angle wrongly and they apologized to the viewers if they find it a little bit uncomfortable.) (So far TY's score for his gaze, pronunciation, vocalization and pace are all excellent)

Shin PD asks if he ever play a funny character and TY says his current work (Maybe Happy Ending) is quite funny. (He shares some lines of Oliver, a helper bot)

July 2nd 2019 First meeting with Ha Yoon Kyung.
She is born in 1992 and she graduated from Korea National University of Arts. She debuted in 2015 in a theater performance. She appeared in films and dramas as supporting characters who only appeared for short times during her first 5 years as actress. She participated in 'Matrimonial Chaos' as roommate of Bae Doona's character's sister. Most of her characters don't have much lines. She told them that her personality is a bright person. At that time of their first meeting, she's a free agent.

She auditioned with Ji Ho lines of Prison Playbook. The productions notes that she's good in playing emotional scenes. Directly after auditioned for Ji Ho's lines, Shin PD asks his assistant for Heo Seon Bin's lines for her to read. HYK gives a feeling when she reads SB's lines as a character who can fit well in any hospital.

In their second meeting, Writer Lee asks about her personality, whether she is a tough person or not. HYK says she's an easy going person. She can act cutes when she's with her boyfriend. While saying their farewell at the end of their meeting, Writer Lee asks if she came alone. HYK answered yes, because she didn't have agency yet, she came alone and they could just contact her directly. For their 2nd meeting, she rode a bus. 

August 16 2019 Second meeting with MTY. At that time, he's filming a drama 'Doctor Detective' (SBS). He also appeared as supporting actor in drama 'Confession' (tvN). His characters in drama so far don't have many lines and only appeared for a short time. In their second meeting (together with Writer Lee) is for him to read lines a character that they think fits with him. At their first meeting, the script hasn't completed yet, that's why they asked him to read from other characters. Before he started to read his lines, Writer Lee ask if he had any experience for surgery scenes. MTY jokingly answered that he has Lasik eye surgery. He then read SM's lines from ep 2. He even pulled perfectly for the tired-looking voice of Seok Min. 

Writer Lee explained that if he participated, he won't play a big role but they want to work together with him and will tell him their decision soon. For their farewell, Shin PD tried to remember his nickname 'Tyu'. MTY is surprised that Shin PD knew (he forgot that he's the one who told them about it) (Shin PD even inserted bgm Mr. Chu of Apink songs, a play word of his nickname 'Tyu'). "Good bye Tyu", said Shin PD to MTY. 

August 20 2019 Third meeting with MTY and HYK. That day, Shin PD and Writer Lee welcomed both to join Hospital Playlist. MTY came while wearing a doctor gown that he borrowed and surprised both Shin and Lee. MTY purposely came as a tired resident to show his sincerity in his acting. They also talked about his schedule which they will discuss more in the future and adjust it if needed. Shin PD told him they want him to act as Yong Seok Min. Shin PD also talked about him to Jeon Mi Do, whom he worked with in musical Sweeney Todd. MD praised him that he's a good actor. Writer Lee let him know that he will work in the same department as Song Hwa. MTY is excited and grateful for the opportunity. He asked their permission to share his casting news to his friends and family and Writer Lee said it's alright for him to let them know about his casting news. Shin PD and Writer Lee explained more about his character to emphasize that he's not playing a big role and they don't want him to feel disappointed. They said that even if the supporting character doesn't have big role, if the actors played their role well it will be a good thing for them too. Shin PD asked him to just enjoy the shooting and to have fun while working. 

Later, it's HYK's turned. Writer Lee asked how she came here and HYK said for that day, she specially took a taxi. They confirmed her casting and explained about her role (they keep emphasizing that their character is not a big one so that they won't feel disappointed later.) They gave her character Heo Seon Bin. HYK was so grateful and excited. Shin PD told her his first impression about her was like someone who works in a hospital. As their farewell greeting, Writer Lee told her to take a taxi to her home, but HYK said she couldn't. 

A week later, HYK and MTY met for the first time for their first reading. They talked about the script (they have received until ep 2) and their long lines. 

That's how they became our Yong Seok Min and our Heo Seon Bin.

Cookie Clip, KDM piano practice for Introduce Me to a Good Person. :MewGiggle:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Hospital Playlist Throwback Special Episode 13

Gyeon Woo and Jik Nyeo? We are Hong Do and Yun Bok

Summary scenes with rough translations

Cheol Yi and Mi Ae? Gyeon Woo and Jik Nyeo? Mo Ne and Ma Ne?
It's Hong Do and Yun Bok
Finally, we have people in their 20s!

July 23, 2019 First meeting with Cho Yi Hyun.
Shin PD asked her questions based on her profile. She's born in December 1999. Her height is 160 cm. She was a trainee in JYP Ent before making her acting debut in 2018. Her biggest role so far was as the second daughter in film Metamorphosis. She played as the daughter of actor Sung Dong Il. They talk a little about her experienced acting with SDI, since Shin PD have worked with him for 4 dramas (Reply Series and short cameo in Prison Playbook). (Shin PD also mention in the subtitle that Jeon Mi Do also appeared in this movie as supporting role).

Shin PD asked her about her personality, whether she's a bright person and CHY agreed. She's rich in giving reaction to others and always full of smile. She auditioned with Yun Bok lines. When she read the lines in ep 2, where Yun Bok is retelling the stories about her mother, she teared up. We're shown her emotional scenes in ep 11, when Yun Bok finally found out that Song Hwa is the doctor whom she admired 10 years ago. She did the crying scenes in one take without making any NG. 

On her second meeting, Writer Lee asked about her major while studying in Hanlim Art School. CHY studied in musical performing arts. When she's asked if she could sing well, she shyly said no. When Shin PD asked whether she's lying about it she said that she didn't really have the talent in singing. If she has good talent as singer, she would probably debuted as idol singer. 

When asked if she has played a character who is older than her, she said so far she hasn't done it. Writer Lee hesitated at first to cast her because of her young age and appearance, but when she saw the first meeting audition, she could see that CHY is quite good in her acting with clear pronunciation and vocalization. If CHY did join the production, she will play a character who is a little bit older than her age. Shin PD explained more about what kind of character is Yun Bok, a young woman but a little bit mature. Shin PD directed that for the scenes when YB is retelling the story, they want to show YB as a strong one, it's sad but YB can retell the story without crying. When they are rehearsing the lines again, Shin PD mistakenly read YB's part without him realizing it LOL

On her third meeting, she read YB lines again. This time she did great and followed the direction that Shin PD told her in their last meeting. They confirmed her casting. Shin PD hope through YB, she can be the communicator between the viewers and the character when there are many difficult words or hospital terms that can be simplified or easy to understand. As the drama is planned as seasonal drama, YB's growths will be shown little by little as the episodes go. 

September 18, 2019 First meeting with Bae Hyeon Sung.
He's born in 1999, the same age with CYH. When he's asked about his height, Shin PD asked if his profile height is true or not (it's written that he's 180 cm but his actual height is 179.6 cm). He debuted in drama What's Wrong with Secretary Kim where he played as an intern in the company. He became popular when he stared in web drama Love Playlist (season 3 and 4). Shin PD isn't familiar with the web drama and the younger writer has to tell him about it. At that time, he's filming for Extraordinary You (play as the younger brother of Lee Jae Wook).

Shin PD asked him about his personality. BHS answered that he's actually an introvert but he's trying to become more active and more friendly to others. BHS looked so nervous before his first audition. Shin PD explained a little about the character Hong Do so that he can have a picture in his mind about Hong Do. While Yun Bok is more talkative and brighter than Hong Do, Hong Do is just as bright and cute as Yun Bok and quite expressive. BHS said that he's the type who have a lot in his mind but rarely expressed it and others might see that he's not that bright or look like a fool.

In his second, BHS still looked nervous. Even though he didn't have long lines, but he can express his emotion right and still look as a bright and cute at the same time, which give a perfect feel of character Hong Do. 

In his third meeting, he looked nervous as ever while preparing himself for the audition. While he's preparing himself, Shin PD and Writer Lee were discussing about the web drama (Love Playlist). Lee heard that drama is interesting and Shin already forgot about the drama. The younger writer have to remind him about the drama title. Lee never heard about that web drama before. The younger writer then explained how to watch the drama (through facebook or naver app). Lee never saw the drama in Naver because she's only watch the sports. Shin said it'll be hard for an ahjussi like him to watch that kind of drama. Lee finally asked BHS about his role in that web drama. In season 3, he's just a supporting character but in season 4 he's the main character. Shin and Lee joked they won't ask him about the web drama. They thought he might be bored because Hong Do doesn't have a lot of lines.

After finishing his lines, Lee and Shin talked that BHS reminded them of Park Bo Gum. Shin and Lee started to talk about Hong Do more which made him confused. Only when Lee wished BHS could do well in portraying Hong Do that he realized he passed the audition. Shin PD suddenly worried if his company won't let him join the project and innocently he answered that his company told him he had to take the project when he passed the audition process

Short cookie clip of Jang Twins in their relay camera. Staff pointed out that their voice of tone sound similar with each other. 

That's how Hyeon Sung and Yi Hyun became Hong Do and Yun Bok.

• Thanks 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Hi friends ,

This is Kiklaminho.

I found my way again but this time as Kiklaminho1.

This old lady.......lol......can not remember all these passwords so i created a new account.

I am very excited after YYS last IG live when he said probably HP filming will start end Nov/Dec.

Then that means end of OCT maybe they will have script reading.!

• Haha 3

Hospital Playlist Throwback Special Ep 14. 

People at Emergency Room (dr Bong, dr Bae, Nurse Hee Soo)

Quick Summary of the episodes (with rough translations)

June 13 2019 first meeting with Choi Young Joon. Appearing in Arthdal Chronical was his first role in k-drama land. He has debuted 14 years ago in musical/theater world and mostly work in that area. He did short promotion as a singer in a group called 7 Dayz (together with Lee Jung and Ha Dong Kyun). He's single and he come from Dae Gu and can speak with Dae Gu dialect quite well.

He is a bright and funny person. His first audition lines is Lee Jun Ho's lines from Prison Playbook. Shin PD explain a summary of the character and asks CYJ to read through the last pages before they start the reading. CYJ only need several seconds (without checking the rest of his lines) and immediately start. His quick response surprised Shin PD. Shin PD even jokes with how fast he's understanding the script, he can go and try for Olympics medal. A short-temper personality, a suitable personality for ER team. His second audition lines is Trash character from Reply 1994. It's for testing his dialect which he passed with flying colors.

July 27 2019 first meeting with Park Han Sol. She likes to do physical activities. Her first audition is reading Heo Sun Bin's lines. She just debuted as actress for 3 years but while reading her lines, production staff can feel that she is reliable

Sept 3 2019 second meeting with Choi Young Joon. Shin PD want to check out more about him and asked for a second meeting and let him read lines for Bong Kwang Hyun. Shin PD mentions that it's alright for him to read the lines slowly and carefully. Before the reading starts, Shin PD explain a little bit more about dr Bong personality. After finishing his lines, Shin PD asks if CYJ ever acted as villain. He says that he had while in he's doing theater or musical. He gives a villain kind of feel when he takes off his glasses. The production staff likes his image and keep his current appearance for dr Bong (he even used his own glasses while acting). 

Sept 10 2019 first meeting with Shin Do Hyun. While reading her profile, Shin PD asks if she's a model due to her height (174 cm), but she never become a model. She's born in 1995 and has worked as actress for 3 years. Her latest drama was The Banker. Shin PD noticed her voice tone is quite low and it's different when she's acting with a higher tone. SDH answers that she mostly got characters whose tone are quite high than her normal voice. Her first audition was reading Deok Sun's lines from Reply 1988. Her second audition is with Bae Jun Hee's lines. Shin PD explained a little bit about her character. Just few seconds after Shin PD finished with his explanations, SDH is ready to read her lines without checking out the rest of the scripts in detail. Another short tempered person who fits ER team.

On the same day for Park Han Sol fourth meeting, she is reading the lines for Nurse Hee Soo. After finishing her lines, Shin PD asks carefully if he gives her a small role and she immediately agree and excited to join the casts.

Later on it's the third meeting with Choi Young Joon. Few days before their meeting, Shin PD watched Arthdal Chronical and surprised to find different side of CYJ by himself that has been discussed before. Shin PD immediately offer him the role for dr Bong. CYJ felt touched and a little bit emotional after hearing that he passed the audition and will join the drama production. 

That's how they became the people in the ER team.

And...

Shin Do Hyun says her farewell to the viewers. Bae Jun Hee won't appear in season 2. It's an honor for her to be able to join as HP casts and act with many seniors and with a great team. She's thankful to the viewers who showed and gave love to her character. She'll cheer from the side for season 2 as the viewers.

Thank you and see you again Bae Jun Hee :( 

• Thanks 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Thanks loads @LaLa...looks like a couple of farewells for the cast from S1. I understand from Yoon Yeon Seok's IG live earlier this week that S2 will begin shooting end November. Hopefully we get some casting news soon of new characters or even some table reading :D

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@Jane I am hoping to see more of Rosa and Jongsu...during the drama run, I thought they may have something romantic going on . Lol! But I thought their friendship was rather sweet and was glad they have each other in their lives

hospitalplaylist06-00098.jpg

I still don't get the mafia game ....:laugh:

hospitalplaylist05-00185.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1