Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

15 hours ago, gilaswan said:

It feels like they opened the season with so much potential for a 3rd season and mid-way through decided on a sudden, quick wrap up.

Honestly, I have to agree with you. You raise really good points. The wrap up was quick.

And, I think that Na PD has discussed wanting to tell this story in 3 seasons before. However, something must have happened while Season 2 was shooting and airing, either it wasn't getting the reactions and interest that Na PD wanted, so Season 3 may not have done as well, or it was going to be too difficult to keep the cast together, and it wouldn't be the same without the 5 friends and their respective partners, at least. Given the pandemic and all, the shooting and production schedules must have also been nightmares.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about the wrap up. I'm happy that it did end all of the various love lines, even if it didn't show us some scenes that we were anticipating. I can see how there could be a season 3 still, but it would be very challenging to make it a truly satisfying drama after a long hiatus.

I guess ultimately I'm happy for the 2 seasons that we did get. It's been a very fun and emotional ride.

• Like 3

For anyone who still visited this thread, I had some time today after work and try to translate the interview of Kim Jun, the child actor who played cutie Woo Joo. 

When I read his interview, my guess that one of the reason his lack of screen time probably because of school was right. He just entered the 1st grade of elementary. 

There are 2 kinds of interview and I just mixed it up. 

Source 1 2

0001350567_001_20210920100017154.jpg?type=w430

Source 1

According to the casts of Hospital Playlist, they said Kim Jun was arguably the loveliest actor. Kim Jun who played as Lee Woo Joo, the only son of Lee Ik Jun, has a wide heart that understands his busy father and witty speech. With his cute and adorable appearance, he did great in playing a funny role and gave a strong impression.

Kim Jun, who recently met with Xports News, was asked how he was doing after filming Hospital Playlist and said in a clear and strong voice, "I'm doing well in school."

Kim Jun, who entered elementary school at the age of 8 (Korean age)this year, was asked the question if he were popular at school, and he answered, "No. Teachers and friends don't know (that I appear on TV). Only my brother's friends know." The mother who sat next to him said, "I think Jun is a celebrity at school, but his friends are too young don't really know that Jun is on TV. "Rather, his older brother's friends, who are two years older, recognize Jun." Also, there was a request from his mother to the teacher to not talk about it.

It is not easy to say the lines that he memorized with unfamiliar adults in front of many cameras and even had to act emotionally. When the reporter asked if acting was difficult, Kim Jun said, "It's difficult. (But) When I think about it (I memorized the script). I enjoy filming the most." The reporter was amazed by his response which like a natural-born actor.

When asked what his favourite word on set is to hear 'You did a good job' as a compliment. Kim Jun laughed out loud, saying, "I like all compliments. It's good when people say, Jun, you did a good job (for acting)."

When asked how was the last filming, "I cried because I was so sad," he said with a gloomy expression on his face, and said, "I handed over candy (to the actors and staff)."

The closest people on the set of Hospital Playlist are 'Dad Cho Jung Seok' and 'Aunt Ik Soon' (Kwak Sun Young) , whom he meets most often on set. Kim Jun picked Cho Jung Seok and Kwak Sun Young as his closest and favourite people, and boasted, "I'm the closest to Dad Cho Jung Seok . He treats me well when we meet. And I also close with Aunt Ik Soon. She asked if (I) had eaten."

When asked what he usually talks about with Cho Jung Seok, he said, "I asked Dad if he has a girlfriend. Then he said yes (he has a girlfriend)" Jun's answer made the interview site into a sea of laughter.

In the drama, he played as Woo Joo who has a girlfriend named Mone whose father is a PD. He was asked if he has a girlfriend in the real life. To the provoking question, Kim Jun explained, "I don't have a girlfriend. There are only two girls at school (in the same class). The rest are all boys," and then emphasized, "I don't want to date yet."

Jun choose an actor and a rapper as his future hopes. According to his mother, Kim Jun who recently opened his eyes to rap besides acting said, "I like rapping! (Among rappers) I like Outsiders. (Why I like it) I saw it from 'Omniscient Interfering View' and he was handsome." On the spot, he re-enacted Outsider's rapid-fire rap, bringing laughter. In addition, Kim Jun expressed his extraordinary love for rappers by saying, "I watched 'Show Me the Money'. I like Swings and Mush Venom. I don't know for some reason, but Swings uncle is good, and Mush Venom uncle is handsome when he takes off his glasses."

Finally, Kim Jun said, "I want to hang out with my cousin sister and (Kim) Yul Hyung on Chuseok," and then "Thank you viewers for watching Hospital Playlist a lot. Have a good Chuseok."

-----

Source 2

Kim Jun who turned 8 years old this year (Korean age) said the reason he started to act was because of his own brother. "Hyung was the one who started to act and when I watched him, I started to want to act as well. That's how I follow him and took the challenge. While taking on the first audition with a prepared heart, I got a good result. After that starting point, I keep getting an offer. That's how I have been acting until now," said Jun.

He started his acting career by chance and now Jun is already entering his 3rd year as a child actor. His filmography is quite reliable for his age. Among the projects that he took, Save Me 2 and Hospital Playlist series were his famous works.  Thanks to such a career, Kim Jun succeeded in successfully completing the season-based drama, which is going through a bit longer than normal dramas. Since March last year and until this September, Kim Jun lived as Woo Joo for the past 1.5 years. Even among the seasonal actors, Kim Jun showed off his power and clearly revealed his own presence.

Even though it looks like Kim Jun owned the character Woo Joo quite well, it wasn't like that since the beginning. "The first time I met with the director and writer, I felt nervous and afraid." At the making video of table reading, it's shown that Kim Jun broke in tears because of his nervousness. "(At that time) I was afraid while thinking 'what if I couldn't remember my lines? what if I couldn't act?' " explained Jun. "However, after appearing in Season 1 and 2, the nervous feeling has disappeared. All the uncles and aunts have become familiar and I can act comfortably. The director also treated me very well that I can act comfortably," said Jun while expressing his gratefulness.

The one that he's thankful the most was towards his on-screen father Cho Jung Seok who's always by his side while acting as Ik Jun. Kim Jun said, "Dad Ik Jun liked to joke and be playful on set and he did many unpredictable ad-libs which also made me acted more comfortably. Actually, at first, I didn't even know what ad-lib is. Because what he said wasn't on the script, I was flustered because it would cause NG and it means we have to re-take the scenes again. Ever since that I knew what ad-lib is, I started to want and try ad-lib together with others. For the scene where they sang and dance to DOC's song, I wanted to dance together, but I missed the timing so it was too bad." His confession made the others laughed. Kim Jun added, "Dad often said that I did a good job and my acting was great, and he also assisted me a lot in many ways which gave me lots of strength."

And maybe because of this gratefulness, Kim Jun said " If I become an adult actor and I have the chance, I want to try and play a character like Ik Jun." He explained, " Of course I want to try the other character of 99z uncles and aunt, but if I have to choose, then I want to act like Ik Jun. Rather than choosing him because he's my character's dad, Ik Jun is just really cool. And if I have to choose my specialties, I think I will choose the HBP which is what my Dad's specialties. Seeing how my dad treating the liver patients looks so cool."

When asked what kind of an actor he wanted to be, Kim Jun answered, " I want to be an ordinary and common actor. It doesn't have to be the main character, but I want to act as a normal actor and do it for a long time. I want to become an actor who won't be picky with his characters and who can do everything with whatever characters he is assigned to."

I hope to see him one day reunited with HP casts in his future projects too.. 

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was given permission to post an interview I did with a doctor friend about Hospital Playlist. Regrettably it came a little late.

https://40somethingahjumma.substack.com/p/podcast-in-conversation-with-dr-dave

Enjoy. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 1 year later...

1605241789739-0.gif

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP Staff

'Hospital Playlist 2' director's cut version to be released on Blu-Ray with never before seen behind-the-scene footage

1670522416-untitled-1.jpg

The beloved five friends of the popular Netflix series, 'Hospital Playlist Season 2,' are returning to fans with a director's cut on Blu-Ray.

On December 8, a teaser clip of the 'Hospital Playlist Season 2' director's cut version was posted on YouTube.

According to the trailer, the Blu-Ray discs will include the director's cut version of the drama along with never before seen behind-the-scenes footage and in-the-making videos.

Spoiler

1670522756-image.png

1670522762-image.png

1670522768-image.png

1670522773-image.png

Earlier, cast members Jo Jung Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Suk and Kim Dae Myung had already announced the release of the Blu-Ray for the popular drama through their social media earlier this year.

'Hospital Playlist Season 2' follows the story of five doctor best friends who navigate through life while accompanying each other and comforting each other with a common hobby of being in a band together. The drama received much love for the character chemistry and heartwarming storyline.

Spoiler

1670522927-image.png

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1600923810286686208

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 6 months later...

According to Shin PD, the couples few months or year later to update about their lives outside the screen

@abs-oluteM can u help me mention others? forgot who still love this series even though I'm sure most of us has moved on xD

@SnowBlob @Lynne my fellow iksong lovers, comeback to see this  

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: