If I Cheat, I Die 바람피면 죽는다 [2020-2021]

SnowBlob

Every teaser promises something crazy & fun . 

oooo she kills him ( in her imagination at least ..haahahahah)

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201119

So what I get from this spoiler article is that she'd rather be a widow than a divorcee. :P . She says people are not like shoes , they can't be fixed..hahahahaha....

Translated with papago: http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202011190857028219393_1

Spoiler

The video, which was released, draws attention as it contains the two faces of the crime novelist's wife, Yeo-ju, and her husband, Woo-sung, a divorce lawyer. There is a strange tension between a woman who gives up her body and asks Woo-sung to marry her, saying, "Your life is really mine?" And then there is a nervous tension between the woman who hits a chicken with a knife without hesitation and Woo-sung, who watches nervously with fear.

"I've never thought about divorce. "I don't know about widows," Morse expects the story of Woo-sung's private life and the passionate kiss scene between the Yeoju-Usung couple.

"People are different from shoes, they don't fix things," she said. "I'm sorry, I'm good to my wife. "It's a virtuous cycle," Woo-sung's close "similar dream" makes even viewers nervous.

In the meantime, Yu-ju said, "Is there anyone who can get rid of? I'll kill you," he said, showing a significant sign of real-life murder, not murder in the novel, drawing questions about her true identity. The images of a woman urgently shouting "ajumma" at the threat of someone with a weapon and U-sung shuddering with fear, even in her dreams, signal an uncontrollable storm development.

Finally, the fresh smile of the heroine, who says, "Don't you think it'll be a thrilling piece of'I'll die if I cheat on you'," raises her curiosity about her true self, which has yet to be revealed.

"If you cheat, you die," the production team of "Yeoju and Woo-sung" said, "They are so affectionate that they marry each other with a memorandum of abandonment. "The trailer shows the couple living together but not knowing what they are doing, and the people who are in danger because they don't know what they are," he said. "I hope you look forward to the scary and dizzying story between the colorful characters portrayed through the different eyes of Yeo-joo and Woo-sung."

Producer Kim Hyung-suk, who showed off his directing skills such as "You rolling in the vine" and "My Golden Life," and writer Lee Sung-min of "Queen of Reason," who were greatly loved for his first season on the terrestrial network, drew attention. In addition, a group of colorful actors such as Kim Young-dae, Yeon-woo, Song Ok-sook, Jung Sang-hoon, Lee Si-eon, Kim Ye-won, Hong Soo-hyun and Oh Min-seok have been cast, making it one of the most anticipated films in the second half of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Is the female lead from the 9.9 Billion Woman? 

I like the black humour that I see from the clips. One can only hope that will be sustained all throughout.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@abs-oluteM Is the female lead from the 9.9 Billion Woman? 

Yes it is !!!. Though  I need to say I felt a  little let down with 9.9 Billion's ending .

Come watch when it airs. I love her crazy imagination. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM

I wonder if they will actually follow through with all the wacky stuff. I certainly hope so.

There seems to me to be some irony in the fact that the 9.9 Billion Woman who cheated with her friend's husband has now reinvented herself as a mystery writer who is threatening to kill her husband if he cheats on her.

The woman takes monogamy very seriously. Good for her.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

38 minutes ago, JenL said:

This kind of looks fun! But don't quite get the plot. Is it basically that she'll kill (or at least is knowledgeable of ways to kill) her husband if he cheats on her and he's probably tempted?

I don't really know what the plot is about either. Even dunno what the supporting characters do or how how they are linked . All we know is that the main characters have this seemingly perfect marriage but nothing is what it seems.  It is supposed to be some sort of comedy thriller ...

-------------------

So from some stills we know that he fell hard in love with her in their younger days. He was so completely smitten that he wrote a contract laying down his life should he betray her :laugh:

Spoiler

jo-yeo-jeong1.jpg

go-joon-jo-yeo-jeong-21.jpg

Go Joon looks cute with glasses and all.

More stills. 

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202011281522I

20201128143701_5fc1e1fd7b01e_1.jpg

Soompi article Soompi.com/article/1440757wpp/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-reveals-sneak-peek-of-stars-jo-yeo-jeong-go-joon-kim-young-dae-lee-si-eon-and-more

Lee-Si-Eon-Kim-Ye-Won-2.jpg

“Cheat on Me If You Can” also revealed a sneak peek of Lee Si Eon and Kim Ye Won in character. Lee Si Eon will be playing Jang Seung Chul, a veteran detective in the violent crimes unit who is known for being exceptional at his job. However, he is considerably less successful at home, where he can never seem to make his wife happy despite his best efforts.

Meanwhile, Kim Ye Won will be playing the role of Ahn Se Jin, Jang Seung Chul’s longtime partner and the only female detective in the violent crimes unit. Clever and tough, Ahn Se Jin is able to read Jang Seung Chul like a book, and they have spent so much time together over the years that they are practically an old married couple. Although Jang Seung Chul isn’t attracted to Ahn Se Jin romantically, he feels more comfortable with her than he does with his wife.

• Heart Eyes 1

Some promotional videos by the supporting cast

It is a huge cast from the character chart. I will see if I can find explanation later

But the fact that there are cops as supporting cast with their own subplot does mean that there must have been a murder or something right ? :thinking:

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201127/104184808/1

104184798.1.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is one nutty show and it did get a lot of laughs out of me. I'm not sure what I think about it yet... I don't usually go for adultery dramas... but this one seems to have something of a satirical bite to it. I may watch a few more just to see if this is something that I want to waste time on. What it really has going for it is the fact that it is not like anything I've ever seen before. It's hilariously unpredictable in ways I've not ever thought about. I do like it when K telly does these sorts of quirky, wacky dramas that push the envelope. 

Despite the subject matter... I thought it was bleakly humorous. Even though the husband... as it turns out... is a serial adulterer, the actor is pretty good (I just realised that he was Kevin Lee in Misty) and he's handling the comedic moments well. There are two sides to him. To the most of the world, he is a devoted and considerate husband that's a bit adorkable. But in truth, he is a smooth operator... a very savvy divorce lawyer. Highly meticulous and a smart negotiator. That in itself is rich in irony of course considering that he's a skilled adulterer -- the lengths he goes to cover his tracks is forensic to the T. Those moments gave me plenty of laughs. It's as if he's a serial killer, cleaning up after himself. Priceless stuff. To top it off... he's running for office. 

It begs the question of course... why did he marry her? He was called a Casanova when he was a student working in one of those dingy motels. She was a cold fish even then and highly eccentric to say the least. But he fell for her and married her of all things. My feeling from what he says is that he does love her actually but he has these women on the side for the sex. I personally don't get it but that seems to be the way it is here. One of them happens to be a blast from Yeo Joo's past. 

The sequence which shows how the couple first met is rather good. Probably my favourite part of the show. She was already an established crime novelist looking for a room in the motel with a macabre past. He was the desk clerk smitten immediately and made up some cock and bull story about a homicide that wasn't discovered for a week. Then he hangs outside her room in his spare time completely infatuated. She's inside her room tapping away on her laptop with a a thunderstorm going on in the background. It was funny and I thought of the Peanuts cartoon -- the times when Snoopy is writing his novel on his little typewriter: It was a dark and stormy night. 

The jogging sequence at the start where he saves a homeless man is also quite funny for how it manages and plays with viewer expectations. It has to be seen... to be appreciated.

There are other characters like the cashier from the convenience store that have piqued my interest. He's also not quite what he seems. I'm wondering if he's being touted as a possible love interest since he seems to be a fan and her rescuer from a book interview gone awry.

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I managed to finish watching first ep just then but not gonna like I skipped (not purposely) a good chunk of the episode towards the end. 

Same as @40somethingahjumma .. I'm not sure too what I think of this drama and will continue watching for now (and the fact that I opened this thread... I better do keep watching it :PsyWhat: unless I can't tolerate it anymore). 

And atm I can't guess where this drama is heading ... will the marriage be salvable or will it not? It listed 'comedy' as its genre and I assumed comedy usually has a happy ending. However, just from watching ep 1... I'm not sure. I just can't picture how a cheating husband as Woo Sung can be redeemed - how can the viewers forgive him or his behaviours and then find him adorable  after all he's done? I haven't watched many dramas where the male lead is a cheater...only one that I can remember:

Spoiler

Ohlala Couple

And surprisingly, I did manage to like him very much even though he also started as a cheater - of course he repented afterwards etc

:popcorn:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

I really like the first episode. It kept me glued to the screen. Enjoyed the acting of GJ and JYJ. But I really wonder whether they can keep the same tone for 16 episodes. I also have no guesses how the story will go since it opens with 3 months down the road with him wanting to hire a kill on his wife. It also seems that he is found out at the end of episode one? Okay, will just watch first and comment later. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh I think I am juggling too many dramas.

Tell me about it! I am like picking up new dramas without planning 🤦🏻‍♀️ but what else is new, hahahaaa... 

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I too am watching far too many dramas. In part thanks to my newfound interest in Kim Seon-ho. He's such a good actor, I love watching him fill the scene with his facial expressions. Anyway... enough fangirling. :cool:

Episode 2 was also good in an idiosyncratic kind of way. The husband seems to be hunkering down and trying to resist temptation. Which is always funny to watch especially when he sees a pretty face with long hair.  I can't really dislike him no matter how much of a bad boy he's been because I think he's about to reap the consequences. And he puts up with Yeo Joon's eccentricities. But I keep posing the question all throughout the episode... Why did he marry her? I don't get it. Why was he so desperate to marry her that he even got a promissory note notarized to basically say that she owned him. She had coldly and ruthlessly turned down his first proposal. He got really depressed and literally begged her to marry him at his paralegal's wedding. She knew that he was already something of a player.

So the kid from the convenience store is working for someone to spy on Yeo-joon... interesting.

Yeo Joon admitted as much that she didn't love him to start with but maybe now she does??? Hard to say. The woman does try hard with her psychopathic act. But judging from the way she reacted to the housekeeper's mention of her mother, there's something in her past that's caused her to close herself off emotionally. 

Don't know if this marriage is salvageable. I'm sure she has an inkling or two about what he's been up to. That is the million dollar question probably. At least one of them. The other is if the actress is dead. She's gone missing and the cops find blood in her studio flat. A lot of it. And then there's mystery of Yeo Joon's chest fridge.

So yes, there's a whodunit or some semblance of a whodunit in the middle of this ensemble of wackiness. 

I notice that in other parts of the web the show is called "Cheat on Me If You Can".

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Finished watching ep 4 yayyy~ 

Honestly, up to ep 2, I still wasn't sure how I felt about this drama. 

But after watching ep 3 and 4.. I must say this drama is getting really interesting and there's something about how the writer fleshes out the characters and how she mixes all these funny - serious, dark - light...etc..that for me is really smooth and just interesting (in a good way). I'm glad the writer managed to carry out such an interesting story-telling so far considering I like Queen Mystery 1 and 2 (they're written by the same writer). 

So now, it seems that while we haven't even solved the first murder, it seems that the second murder will happen in the next ep. The last 2 eps seemed to want us to think that KYJ and HWS are not IT. But looking at how more and more people seem to be made suspicious, I won't come to the conclusion that fast that both of our leads aren't in fact the perpetrator. It is also satisfying to some degree to see how HWS got into troubles due to his infidelity :niu: although so far he seems to be getting out of the troubles unscathed (but may not be long since the policemen now have him on their suspect list). 

We now know who the 'second' male lead is but I hope there's something more to the second 'female' lead apart from she's just a pretty college student whom HWS might have a crush with. 

I like how we get a glimpse of KYJ's smile - I got a bit annoyed up to ep 2 when all we're shown was her cold expression. Ep 3 and 4, she smiled...and what more we got to have a peek at her naiveness. I silently laughed at how she was able to deduce everything right about the gift box and possibly the giver only to come to the wrong conclusion on who the true cheater is :heiboi:

I also like how the two policemen weren't portrayed as 'stupid' only because they're not the main leads in the drama. They're both smart in their own ways. 

And I must mention Jung Sang Hoon. I love this actor so much, he's just funny! Almost every scenes that have him in it were able to make me chuckle heheheheh. 

@abs-oluteM I know you've been busy watching all these other dramas... do give this a try at least until ep 4 (LOL) ... I have a feeling you might like this very much :) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

7 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@abs-oluteM I know you've been busy watching all these other dramas... do give this a try at least until ep 4 (LOL) ... I have a feeling you might like this very much :) 

This is definitely on my to watch list. I like this kind of unusual dramas & I will catch up soon. 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

I've been wanting to try this but haven't started. Didn't want to watch a show plainly on infidelity. But just saw the long trailer and it looks really interesting. Although there's infidelity but that's not the main focus and most importantly, the presentation of the story is very unique and different. It reminds me of Misty. I definitely want to check this out later when there are more episodes. Hehe.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@mademoisellewelcome madam:nya:hopefully you ll get to try this among all your dramas :D at first i also thought this drams would focus on the infidelity part and I had that mindset when watching the first 2 eps. Ep 3 and 4 changed that... I no longer cared so much at this point of time about the infidelity as the show turns its focus on the mystery part (i love it! Coz i think if it turned out to be the drama which focused on rom com ..this would be an average if not a bit below average drama). I just hope the writer continues on this trajectory :brb:

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Finally managed to catch up on last week’s episode. I am enjoying the plot so far. Some comic relief but still suspenseful enough. The freezer mystery is resolved, the true identity of second male lead is revealed. Now I wonder too what is the role of the second female lead in the story. Supporting characters are interesting too, and of course, I am pleasantly surprised that Oh Min Suk is in this drama. Am a fan of him too, so definitely continuing the watch! GJ’s expressions are a delight to watch. The BGM at times a bit too loud or too much, but it also helps to set/indicate the tone of the scenes, so not really a complaint here. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama ah Oh Min Suk :lol: when i first saw him (turning around with that scar on his face i was like...wowww)...then i heard his voice i was like...poor him he has to speak with that kind of voice throughout the drama...hope he doesnt get sore throat or sth hahahah:PsyWhat:. I couldnt tell about the BGM being loud or soft since i always have to turn down the volume when watching the drama (dont want to wake the kids up) ...

• Haha 2

I started eps 1 yesterday @SnowBlob.Have to say it was an interesting 1st episode.

hmm this husband can't keep his pants on can he? I was laughing ( I know shouldn't ) when I saw how he had his affair kit with all his shampoo etc and his steam iron in the car etc to make sure he doesn't get caught. Lol! The wife is also rather eccentric huh...I am just wondering what was it that she saw in him in the 1st place and vice versa. It does seem like a very bizarre marriage . And oh my that young boy from the convenience store - ooo will she also have an affair? Are all female writers this kooky? Feels like it is trend to depict them  this way in kdramas - she somewhat reminded of the FL's character in It's Okay Not To Be Okay.

• Party! 3