[K-Artist] Lee Jae Wook 이재욱

Tofu

I am here to write a tribute to LJW so that I can get more badges :lenny:

Didn't pay this guy too much attention as Marco in Alhambra, only thought, this guy is scary good.

So impressed with him in Search: WWW because of the stark contrast with his previous character and fell in love with him.

And yes, I have watched all the dramas he has been in! :smile:

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I meant to comment on this earlier. There is a seriousness to LJW that makes him seem more mature/older than his years. Also, he does not have a particularly boyish face, as charming and attractive as it is to me right now. So, I can see why people think he may be older.

Until he starts cracking up and goofing around as he does in some of the BTS videos. Then he seems his age or younger.

Oh, also when he's wearing shorts. ROFL

Hahaha yes, I totally agree! He's not baby faced like some other actors (Eg. Rowoon who was Haru on Extraordinary You.) I think that's why  those BTS videos were so cute. Even though Rowoon and Hye-Yoon were older than LJW, they would continously tease him. Rowoon would say that he, himself, had a baby face , but LJW had an 'adult' face. And then Hye Yoon said she called him Oppa, and even when he told her she was older than him, she replied, "Yes, Oppa" (But I love how they joked that any handsome guy is Oppa):laugh:

Also recently on their Extraordinary You Talk concert reunion, there was a point where they all reacted so hilariously to LJW calling Hye Yoon Sunbae (It's like around 36:52 or something on that Live). Hahaha. 

Hahaha, but yesss, when he goes all silly in the BTS, you remember he's a babbyyyyyy! Also in that Netflix TMI quiz when Go Ara talks about a project she did in 2003 and LJW says he was only 6 then :lettalKWA::lol:

I also wanted to say I've noticed he's been wearing more pants than shorts in recent episodes of DDSSLLS. Trying to convince Lala he's an adult! (I feel like one of the TWD ladies saying this!!)

:laugh:

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am here to write a tribute to LJW so that I can get more badges :lenny:

Didn't pay this guy too much attention as Marco in Alhambra, only thought, this guy is scary good.

So impressed with him in Search: WWW because of the stark contrast with his previous character and fell in love with him.

And yes, I have watched all the dramas he has been in! :smile:

Haha, more badges! I hope this post also fulfils that requirement for me! :MewGiggle:

I'm only seen 2 of his dramas...I feel I need to catch up on his past ones before he does anything new after DDSSLLS :poliWeird:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

By the way, Seoul drama Awards uploaded more stills from the Extraordinary You Talk concert :)

So I updated this post: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/instagram-update-extraordinary-you.html

They had 5 photos of LJW compared to the 3 photos each of Rowoon & Hye Yoon.

I suspect they secretly like LJW as much as we do :laugh:

zxtlErv.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Also recently on their Extraordinary You Talk concert reunion, there was a point where they all reacted so hilariously to LJW calling Hye Yoon Sunbae (It's like around 36:52 or something on that Live). Hahaha. 

That "sunbae-nim" comment brought this to mind.

I think it was in the TMI quiz video that I watched and stopped translating because we thought The Swoon was going to release it. One of the questions was who seemed harder to get closer to, and both of them picked LJW. And, LJW says that he frequently uses proper titles to address people, like calling GA "sunbae-nim" which is hilarious in itself for lots of reasons. To which GA warningly asks if he was calling her "sunbae-nim" because they still weren't close after all. LJW quickly recovers to say that it's because they were doing an official function that he's addressing her so formally whereas when they are in their private time, then he relaxes more.

If The Swoon doesn't translate the Korean version of the TMI Quiz, I may just finish translating it and post it. It actually has lots of funny moments.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

They had 5 photos of LJW compared to the 3 photos each of Rowoon & Hye Yoon.

I suspect they secretly like LJW as much as we do

I know that Rowoon and Hye Yoon are the OTP for Extraordinary You, and Rowoon is a very good looking boy, but I found Baek Kyung much more interesting to watch anyway, especially after it was revealed that his "true" nature is locked up into his fictional characters just as much as Dan Oh's was.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

This is one of those cute little "Which Do You Prefer?" Interviews LJW did awhile back and where the crumbs for @SilverMoonTea  (posted in the DDSSLS thread) were found :laugh: The full interview is very cute, especially when he gets shy - Hahaha, he knows he's not bad looking though :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The Winner of the special badge for post with most likes in this shrine is @ktcjdrama! Congrats!

I am truly shocked! Hahaha... I never win anything special in my life. I didn’t even find enough candies for the Halloween event!

Thank you everyone for liking my post. Please accept my heartu-heartu :heart:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 11/3/2020 at 8:23 PM, stroppyse said:

That "sunbae-nim" comment brought this to mind.

I think it was in the TMI quiz video that I watched and stopped translating because we thought The Swoon was going to release it. One of the questions was who seemed harder to get closer to, and both of them picked LJW. And, LJW says that he frequently uses proper titles to address people, like calling GA "sunbae-nim" which is hilarious in itself for lots of reasons. To which GA warningly asks if he was calling her "sunbae-nim" because they still weren't close after all. LJW quickly recovers to say that it's because they were doing an official function that he's addressing her so formally whereas when they are in their private time, then he relaxes more.

Hahaha! Wow that's so polite of LJW. I feel like being polite is both a good thing because people feel like you respect them, but can also feel like a bit of a way of creating distance. I like that GA said it better not be because they weren't close after all this time. :laugh:

Why is sunbae-nim an hilarious address? Is it a bit over the top for politeness? Heh, it's cute that LJW distinguishes between his press life and his private life!

If The Swoon doesn't translate the Korean version of the Telepathy quiz, I may just finish translating it and post it. It actually has lots of funny moments.

Ohhh would love it if you did!!  But no pressure as I know life can be busy and translations take time. Thanks for all translating you've done so far. We all appreciate it a lot! :wow:

I know that Rowoon and Hye Yoon are the OTP for Extraordinary You, and Rowoon is a very good looking boy, but I found Baek Kyung much more interesting to watch anyway, especially after it was revealed that his "true" nature is locked up into his fictional characters just as much as Dan Oh's was.

Yes, I totally agree with this! I like Rowoon and Hye Yoon and I think Rowoon is such an aesthetically pleasing pretty boy, but I didn't get into his character half as much as I did for Lee Jae Wook's Baek Kyung. I think because Baek Kyung was such a complex character and his true nature wasn't terrible - it was just what the author gave him...also felt like he had a such a sad story with the abusive father :letalQQ: Also Lee Jae Wook has pretty good acting skills - he's able to pull off all those subtle nuances. Apart from Haru being a more straightforward character (once Trumpet Creeper is revealed), I thought Rowoon wasn't as strong in pulling off those subtle moves....but I look forward to seeing his improvements once his new drama comes out.

But speaking of Rowoon's pretty face, there's an Extraordinary You behind the scenes or interview where Lee Jae Wook talks about his first meeting with Rowoon and thinking he was so good looking :laugh:

I was looking for DDSSLS stills today on the KBS instagram and found this baby pic of him that KBS released as a starting promo for DDSSLS. Aw, him as an actual baby!

119415111-4623387427679136-4690688730186

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

Updates from LJW's Instagram. :heart:

Spoiler

🖤

A post shared by 이재욱 (@jxxvvxxk) on

💪🏻💪🏻

원장님이 보내주셨던 햄벅차. 항상 감사합니다.🤩 아우라 체고🖤

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

It seems like filming for Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol wrapped up recently. Lee Jae Woo posted pictures of himself standing next to all the little snack/drink trucks (I'm drawing a blank on what people call them, LOL!) that his fan sent to the filming locations. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 6:19 PM, mademoiselle said:

*Throws away logic ~ and let the shallowness kick in.

He does look very handsome 5 years later :eeeee:

Leaving the story aside, LJW is just a handsome devil and if he walked back into my life all in black, I'd say yes too.

My heart is weak like that :laugh:

Speaking of Lee Jae Wook, he took out Rookie of the Year Award at the Asian Artist Awards this year on Wednesday (but being streamed tonight)

RSxWONx.jpg

iwQqSZt.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hey, maybe he isn't back "back". He's return as Meet Jun Black.

Ok, this is me trying to tell a dead joke :laugh:

Rookie for the Year for which drama, @JenL?

Congratulations Lee Jae Wook and fans (because technically Jae Wook will never see my message, lol). Yes, I am this realistic.

Hahahaha. Don't worry, I got the joke. Pretty sure I saw that film years ago. Wasn't he like the grim reaper or something? :laugh:

Not sure which drama. I think people paid to stream it (apparently a big rip off since it's not live and the whole thing crashed at some point), but some kind souls ripped it for Youtube....they don't mention which drama. I thought it was just general out of rookie actors. I know Lee Do Hyun was shortlisted too. But if it has to be a drama, I would have guessed Extraordinary You or I'll go to you when the weather is nice since they were his dramas before DDSSLLS. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think in general he's been a rising star this year, so yay to Lee Jae Wook!! 

I've been slacking a bit on my LJW updates. :pandasadspoon:

His instagram update from today. :wow:

Hahaha, that's ok...at least you're posting...I've been cheating on Jasper Liu with Lee Jae Wook, so his thread is empty :laugh:

(But to be fair, he hasn't posted on his socials for ages, except his China socials...and I can't be bothered getting Chinese socials :letalQQ:...I have too many accounts as it is!)

LJW is such a rare poster, but I liked that he's happy to appear in other's people's photos. He took so many with the casts of DDSSLLS on their phones.

• Like 3

Lee Jae-wook caught my attention in "Extraordinary You" but sadly I did not stick around to watch all the episodes of that drama. I was just surprised that he was that Marco in "Memories of the Alhambra" haha So when I watched "When the weather is fine" I was pleasantly surprised that he took on such a different role and made Jang-woo there so entertaining and endearing. When I started watching DDSSLLS, I was so intrigued by Jun that I watched "Search: WWW" and concluded that this rookie actor can definitely act! And for the life of me, his mannerisms and the way he delivers his lines remind me so much of Hyun Bin! I was so surprised that he's under the same management;) I guess, Hyun Bin saw something in LJW and made him remember his earlier years. He can definitely hold his ground amidst experienced actors and actresses. I found him funny and sincere in his BTS. I really hope he's really a nice guy and would continue doing his best. I hope he will not be afraid to explore different genres to hone his skills as an actor. He's been receiving rookie awards left and right, so hopefully it will not stop there. Aja! aja! Fighting LJW!;)

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 6:04 PM, Unnie0110 said:

And for the life of me, his mannerisms and the way he delivers his lines remind me so much of Hyun Bin! I was so surprised that he's under the same management;)

I never watch much of Hyun Bin but I know of his star power so I was happy to find out LJW is in the same company with him. Also then I realised Hyun Bin was also from Chung-Ang University as LJW! (also his co-star Go Ara)

I hope to see him in a very different role next! Definitely not another rom-com yet because he has so much potential than sticking to a genre that we already know he can do well in.  

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I thought LJW's modelling for Adhoc was something in the past, but it seems like a continued contract or he's still their current model of the season as they continue to post his photos on their insta. But I reallllllly like this shoot. Just something about his beautiful bored expressions and charismatic grins :BulbaOWO::hearties::heart: Haha, I also just like this style of music, so this video is :1000:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1