Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Thank you @ssteph :cuddle:

It's nice that his agency published all the photos that were used in the post-drama interviews. Save me the trouble of clicking into each articles to save the most HD of them all (which I can crazily do for my other Oppa, ahem, don't judge me).

:heiboi: I am now patiently awaiting the full album OST with BGM. I want that Vincenzo theme.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

@ssteph he said no? he will not care about what others' think... i think fan war already started.... he will be holding live chat on 7th may 5 pm.... you will get to see some controversial comments probably... ;)

BTW i loved all of his answers.... specifically the one where he was asked about the secret to his youthfulness... he said that he laughed a lot in last 8 months...and thats the secret...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

23 minutes ago, ssteph said:

@movingwheel 

Hide contents

Yes. Some SHK fans and KTR fans were angry already because of CenCha shippers. I only hope they won't bring other SJK's female co-stars (PBY and MCW).

I know some shippers (maybe DOTS shippers too who still can't move on) will comment on his YouTube live.

I'm not even surprised anymore.

Spoiler

The mistranslated interview will only instigate more fan wars and hate towards him. Ugh, so not looking forward to these posts on SNS if I use the hashtags to find quality posts on #SJK and #Vincenzo.

I'm interested in this online FM (coz I've never ever been to any) however I'm a little discouraged by the fact that I can't understand and it'd take too much of my brain cells to try to listen for vocabs I know. Will have to see how it goes that day. It might be more fun if we all watch it together?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Party! 1

omoooo ....shipping wars....urgh. I hate them.

Spoiler

I love Chacenzo but I think beyond the drama , I don't  ship JYB with SJK.  My poor gal will be eaten alive by all the other the ships. I am actually avoiding liking all the twitter posts that ship them IRL.  We all know what happened in those days with Song -song and his previous pairs. I hope this people will give the man a break. And they really don't need to damage or take the spotlight away from  JYB's career which is on the rise. 

[INTERVIEW] Jeon Yeo-been's journey from indie film darling to big-budget star

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/04/689_307765.html

Anyhow I really love the dress that CY was wearing during the kiss. Just gorgeous. In fact I think I love how they dressed our leads here. 

We didn't have many kisses but at least we had a couple of good quality ones

https://twitter.com/coldsunset0719/status/1388887925895487495?s=20

71b1b4661f8877f5e71cf8a8e0158d62.gif

https://twitter.com/coldsunset0719/status/1388893098390917121?s=20

img.gif

32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm not even surprised anymore.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm interested in this online FM (coz I've never ever been to any) however I'm a little discouraged by the fact that I can't understand and it'd take too much of my brain cells to try to listen for vocabs I know. Will have to see how it goes that day. It might be more fun if we all watch it together?

I am working ...sniff...but I will sneak in and come here for updates! I am actually very excited 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I will admit I have found it difficult to regard SJK positively as an individual following the divorce, but that's his personal life and he's still a good actor. That said, it's just a personal sense that as far as body language goes, I didn't see any sparks fly between him and his co-star, neither as Vincenzo + HCY nor as SJK and JYB. Quite the opposite actually - I sensed a reservedness of caution in interaction (and I did watch all the different Swoon vids). Regardless, it's the morbid vile displays of sadism and revenge that is more worthy of analysis in this series actually, than anything else. I thought the SCMP article quite hit the nail on the head. Your gut tells you all Vincenzo is doing is absolutely wrong, but do we, like the Geumga residents, also eventually get desensitised to the evil in the supposed name of "justice"? Hard to think justice needs to look so evil.

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 6

LOLLL @Chocolate Look what your boy did to @Tofu's boy

The actor also talked about the physical abuse that his character suffers in the drama. “I got hit a lot,” he reminisced. “I got hit the most here out of all the projects I’ve ever done. Joon Woo is always slapping me, hitting me on the head, hitting me with a hockey stick, kicking me, even strangling me. I actually felt my self-esteem draining away while filming those scenes. Constantly suffering that kind of treatment is humiliating, and after several scenes like that, I felt a real sense of depression. The scenes were created to show how much Han Seo was suffering from humiliation and despair.”

Omo omo! The Full OST album is available!! :wow:

That themes / BGMs I particularly like are Track 15: Un diavolo scaccia l'altro (One Devil Chases The Other), Track 14: Stopped Time and Track 23 Retributor. I'm still listening, there's a lot of BGMs I like, especially the orchestral ones :pandalove:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@ssteph Hahahahahahahahaha!

Gosh the second one his voice was so much sexier (coz it's deeper).

But! Why is he mixing Italian and French together?

I'm watching the wrap up BTS. Awww he cried

They have so much fun. The rehearsal for the shooting scene, LOL, so much fooling around. He and Yeo Been's BTS also show they are comfortable with one another. I love it. That's why their scenes together are fun to watch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@ssteph Mademoiselle is French for "Miss".

Signorina is "Miss" in Italian.

I just finished watching Na PD's The Game Caterers with English subs. SJK was laughing/smiling so widely :wow: And I love how he's called by the Cassano family Song BangJang. There had been a fair few dramas where the actors developed good friendships and often catch up for dinner after the dramas ended. Strangers team is one of them, I think Cassano family looks like another. Look forward to seeing some catch up photos via SNS in the future :heart:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
30 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle mine is at no. 5  .... i remember king the eternal monarch used to be at no. 9 ... 

TKEM didn't make it into the top 10 on NF where I am. I don't remember any Kdramas did. I was at one point a bit disappointed coz that meant not many of the locals here are into Kdramas. Hence, bravo Vincenzo.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6

@mademoiselle now i can see that TKEM was not successful as far as LMH standard and Kim Eun Sook standard....

Vincenzo has become really really big and thats because the whole cast were having so much fun and they were so happy together.... SJK was crying at last..... all those amazing background scores.... SJK acting through green canvas...his eyes.... Quirky JYB.... Adorable Kwak Dong Yeon and hottest but cutest villain Ok Taecyeon.... i think this drama has given new shape to each one's career.... now how they maintain  that career graph is something we are yet to see..... i wish JYB take her own sweeet time to select a new project than jumping into one... but she has already declared one...

Well only SJK is more of an A lister and exclusive type.... JYB totally should start working with only A Listers now.... not just good script...lol...

• Like 4
  • Party! 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL @Chocolate Look what your boy did to @Tofu's boy

The actor also talked about the physical abuse that his character suffers in the drama. “I got hit a lot,” he reminisced. “I got hit the most here out of all the projects I’ve ever done. Joon Woo is always slapping me, hitting me on the head, hitting me with a hockey stick, kicking me, even strangling me. I actually felt my self-esteem draining away while filming those scenes. Constantly suffering that kind of treatment is humiliating, and after several scenes like that, I felt a real sense of depression. The scenes were created to show how much Han Seo was suffering from humiliation and despair.”

This article was nice read. I can definitely tell he put a lot of effort into portraying Han Seo. I always wondered if actors are affected mentally when they play a character that gets mistreated -- good to have confirmation that it does affect some people. I feel bad that Kwak Dong Yeon had to go through that and would never wish it upon anyone. However, since he went through that, I think it helped him bring out all Han Seo's emotions and even Han Seo's mental state too. 

I'm so glad Kwak Dong Yeon is getting a bit more attention now! I told stroppyse, that I don't think I need to finish watching this drama because I watched all the Han Seo/Vincenzo clips and all the clips of Vincenzo (Song Joong Ki) in general. It's like True Beauty all over again, I didn't watch the drama but I watched enough clips to know what happened in the drama. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Considering how I felt about the early episodes, I ended up really enjoying this drama mainly because it runs like a graphic novel based around vigilante justice. I'm super fond of this genre and as long as the lead actor has the right look, I'm in. Song Joong-ki was undoubtedly fantariffic in the titular role but Jeon Yeo-bin as Hong Cha-young won my heart in the end. Her arc was probably my favourite because she was a strong independent woman from start to finish. What she seemingly needed was a shock to the system to help her realign her priorities. It was tragic but she ended becoming the kind of lawyer her father suspected that she could be. 

Although the romance wasn't really front and centre, I enjoyed the UST. What surprised me was that she never was clingy around him. In fact most of the over the top public displays of affection towards V were done by their male colleagues. She knew what kind of a man he was and respected his way of life because she needed him first and foremost as her Avenging Angel. She didn't try to change him or even wanted him to. He was exactly what she and everyone else needed at the time up against the Babel juggernaut. To change him is to take away his effectiveness as a terror to the rich and powerful. She's was smart that way. She's well aware that he's a once in a life time kind of guy who has plans that in all likelihood don't involvement a life partner. There were no expectations on her part. For him to even go that far for her at the end, she understands that she occupies a special place in his heart. 

The irony of course is that he does warm up to the people who look up to him and rally around him. He's a morally dubious character as antiheroes are but there's no denying his impact on the men and women of Geumga Plaza and their impact on him personally. It speaks volumes when even Jang Han-seo comes to his side because Han-seo sees in him a brother figure that he longs for deep down. For me Han-seo became one of the most interesting characters. His death was unnecessary quite frankly but the show wanted him to atone by sacrificing himself for V and Cha-young.  I was increasingly impressed with the actor Kwak Dong-yeon in this role. I now remember why he looks so familiar because he had a small but memorable role in It's Okay. He is definitely a talent to watch. I had no idea that he's been in so many dramas already. 

The most idiotic thing that Zumba Choi and Han-seok did was to do away with Mum. They obviously lost their minds salivating over the idea of dealing Vincenzo a painful blow. It was downright stupid to think they could get away with it and see no repercussions. I'm still in disbelief that they even thought it was a viable countermeasure.

Zumba Choi was probably the most baffling character in the entire ensemble for me. Not a lot of what she did made sense. She seems to be written just as someone who ends up  feeding and enabling the beast It's unbelievable a former prosecutor could be so deluded to put all her eggs in the Jang Han-seok-Babel basket. I have no doubt that she was tired of being pushed around by her former bosses. But to hitch her wagon to a psychopath... it beggars belief. Her boss pretty much warned her of being too committed. She seemed to have learnt all the wrong lessons from her stint as a prosecutor. As a whole I found her quite unimpressive despite her tough girl act.

In the end I think it is fair to say that the villains were fairly one dimensional and cartoony. For some reason they kept doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. There's no doubt about what they were prepared to do but that didn't take a lot of smarts, just an amoral bent and a ton of money. Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants is far more creative. It's so obvious why they lost.

I would hasten to reiterate that the show is exceedingly entertaining in a boisterous comic bookey sort of way. Vincenzo is pretty much The Punisher in Italian suits. The show has limitations certainly but what it does well, it does well. The family aspect of the show is done extremely well which isn't surprising -- it's a Kdrama after all. But in some ways I prefer Taxi Driver because it feels much more grounded. Vincenzo is a farce (in its original sense) a raucous piece of theatre and it shows.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.