Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Dish On Their Chemistry In “Vincenzo” And Praise Each Other’s Acting

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455019wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-dish-on-their-chemistry-in-vincenzo-and-praise-each-others-acting

Praising his co-star’s acting, Song Joong Ki remarked, “Jeon Yeo Bin is an actress whose acting is not only fun to watch, but a kind of acting that hasn’t been seen before. As a fellow actor, I’m envious of many aspects [of her talent], and she’s a partner that gives me a lot of motivation.”

He went on to add, “While working together with her on the filming set, I’m having a lot of fun watching Jeon Yeo Bin’s acting in person. I think viewers can safely look forward to her charms as well.”

Meanwhile, Jeon Yeo Bin commented, “Song Joong Ki is someone who is really well-suited to the role of Vincenzo. I was able to trust him right away while acting together. Cha Young is a character who continually pushes other people’s buttons, and he helped me to express [the character] in even more ways.”

Expressing confidence in their chemistry, she continued, “The qualities that Cha Young lacks can be found in Vincenzo, while the qualities that Vincenzo lacks can be found in Cha Young. Because of that, as time passes and the two gradually influence one another more and more, their chemistry will shine through even more.”

tvN also released a striking new poster of its two leads that dramatically teases, “Not a negotiation, but a warning. Evil punished through evil.”

Vincenzo1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Song Joong Ki plays a consigliere for the Italian mafia in Vincenzo
vincenzo-thesundaily_2126903_20210216155

If you miss watching mafia shows such as Peaky Blinders, you should check out the upcoming Netflix show titled Vincenzo.

Vincenzo stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, a lawyer and mafia consigliere who was adopted by an Italian family at a young age.
Due to a war between mafia groups, he moves back to South Korea and crosses paths with a bold lawyer named Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin) and her innocent intern Jang Joon Woo.
Together, they form an unlikely trio and use villainous methods to take down villains who escape the law. Their foes are none other than an evil lawyer named Choi Myung Hee (played by Kim Yeo Jin) and the president of one of the most prominent companies in South Korea named Jang Han Seo

Actor Song Joong Ki shared his excitement to play the Italian character Vincenzo.

"These days there are a lot of bad people in the news. When writer Park Jae Bum gave me the synopsis, I sympathized with it a lot because it contains many contents criticizing society. I think it is a very new genre, a high-class genre,” he said in an interview.

"But that isn't the only charm that attracted me to it. The narrative is heavy and deep, but it's a pleasant and refreshing drama."

"He's worse and stronger than the bad guys. He is a Korean who has lived only in Italy, so he's a lonely character as he is foreign to Korea. At first, I thought Italian would be easy to pick up, but it's a complicated language. Still, the language teacher helped me a lot,” he added.

When fans asked how he’ll be able to depict a character who’s way wicked than the bad guys since he has kind eyes, this is what he said: "There are some people who see me in a different image than the image that is seen to the general public. I wanted to transparently depict Vincenzo's spitefulness, wickedness, and sharpness."\

Article from: The Sun Daily

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 of the biggest K-Dramas we’re looking forward to in the first half of 2021

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/02/5-of-the-biggest-k-dramas-were-looking-forward-to-in-the-first-half-of-2021

'Vincenzo'

1613541215-photo1297180.jpg

Song Joong Ki’s highly anticipated return to TV alongside Jeon Yeo Bin has been constantly in the headlines ever since news about the drama was first released. ‘Vincenzo’ is undeniably the biggest drama that fans have been waiting for and from the looks of it, it is going to be well worth all the hype. Song Joong Ki plays the eponymous Vincenzo Casano, a lawyer whose only motto is that evil punishes evil. Social justice is the goal, and for Vincenzo, the ends justify the means. The drama has been scheduled to premiere on Feb 20, 2021, globally on Netflix.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, ssteph said:

D-Day :eeeee::wow2: :SquirtleWonderfull:

Please be good until the last episode 🙏🙏🙏

Am super excited . Last night I was so bored that I watched Penny Pinchers again. I always like him cheeky! :smile:

As this is JYB's 1st major lead role, drama needs to be good as I really like her

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

0004356906_001_20210220154639473.jpg?typ

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004356906

•••

Upcoming tvN Drama “Vincenzo” Shares Key Points To Look Forward To Ahead Of Premiere

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455324wpp/upcoming-tvn-drama-vincenzo-shares-key-points-to-look-forward-to-ahead-of-premiere

Feb 20, 2021
by L. Kim

It’s finally D-Day! The first episode of “Vincenzo” will be airing tonight!

“Vincenzo” is a tvN drama starring Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (played by 2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

With the premiere inching closer, the production team unveiled three key points to be on the lookout for.

1. The striking collaboration between writer Park Jae Bum and director Kim Hee Won
Kim Hee Won previously worked on “The Crowned Clown” and “Money Flower,” while Park Jae Bum previously worked on “The Fiery Priest” and “Good Doctor.”

“Vincenzo” is a new work by Park Jae Bum, who has shown the essence of dark comedy. He is excellent at capturing unique and refreshing moments and delivering sharp messages in relentless plot development, and he will also show an interesting storyline in “Vincenzo.”

Kim Hee Won will help produce a story with a different charm, and she shared she is working hard on the location, the tone of the screen, and the composition of the angle. The director commented, “Since Vincenzo is a character that is difficult to meet in Korean dramas, we are doing our best to portray the right difference and pleasant unfamiliarity at the same time.”

2. The eccentric transformation of Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Taecyeon
The star-studded lineup of actors include Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, Taecyeon, Yoo Jae Myung, Kim Yeo Jin, Kwak Dong Yeon, and Jo Han Chul. The three lead actors Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Taecyeon have especially undergone a bold transformation to immerse into their roles.

In this drama, Song Joong Ki will transform into Vincenzo, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere. He is a cool-headed strategist who uses detailed methods to take revenge against those who wronged him. He will be an anti-hero who punishes evildoers with evil methods.

Vincenzo will join hands with Hong Cha Young, who will be portrayed by rising star Jeon Yeo Bin, and they will also work with intern Jang Joon Woo, who will be played by Taecyeon. Fans can look forward to these novel roles that have never been seen on the small screen before.

3. Fresh story and unpredictable development
“Vincenzo” depicts how a mafia lawyer from Italy turns into an anti-hero, and the process of Vincenzo unexpectedly implementing justice will be the core of the narrative. Park Jae Bum said, “The term ‘fia’ is used a lot in the news. Various dark organizations are expressed using the word ‘mafia.’ While watching the news, I suddenly imagined that the mafia could be the only one who can stop them. So I wondered what would happen if the real mafia comes to Korea, and I started making characters and stories revolving around that.”

Under the motto of “punishing evil with evil,” the anti-hero Vincenzo will confront villains with evil that is more wicked than theirs. The way a real strong man knocks out the villains will give a thrilling pleasure. The story is also unpredictable because it is something beyond the typical settings. It will make viewers laugh, and there are interesting twists hidden everywhere that will capture your attention.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

ok ok.... this is SJK drama after arthdal and i am not surprised... the flower boyish image that he has ... i did have doubt about how he will look but it indeed looked good.... he did convince me as a sort of mafia boss...he does choose good script.... i was not bored even one second..the mishaps those started happening the moment he reached korea...gosh it was funny.. pharma guys are scary but in front of vincenzo they are nothing....they dont know whom they are fighting with... its gonna be interesting to watch..

the best part of the drama was father daughter relation....they genuinely love and care about each other but the father is not happy about his daughter's choice of money over people... hence this playful hatred...now vincenzo wants to tear down the building because there is gold bars below it but its not very clear whether he really cares about tenants in the building at this point of time... but it seems he will eventually and this is how his character will develop...

BONUS POINT - Song Joong ki taking shower... albeit the shower is not working properly.. But work out scene all sweaty would have been better...i remember ogling at him in DOTS... :D

@abs-oluteM @bairama @ktcjdrama do not just laugh at me but watch the drama together pls...the amount of break he took after the incident , i wondered when will i ever get to see him !!! then suddenly song joong ki os everywhere...and i am loving every bit of it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I watched the first half of pilot episode and am loving it! 😍 What a treat to the eyes having handsome SJK on screen... Suave and cool, all suited up. But I have to stop and continue tomorrow though. Too tired already because I had been catching up on other dramas today. This is definitely a keeper. I like the FL character too. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@movingwheel @Tofu I just caught it .  Was fun introduction to all the characters and it was very nice to see SJK all suited up ( birthday suit scene was also welcomed) and cursing in Italian! :Ghastlel:

What I really like was that it got straight into the heart of the story.  Vincenzo's past ( abandoned by his mother as a child) , his upbringing in Italy where he was loved by his adopted mafia boss father and his reasons for returning to Korea were all laid out clearly. We see at the start that he can be ruthless where necessary but inherited his Italian father's principles of not hurting women & children. He was well-loved & trusted by his father , which provoked jealousy in the brother . With the old man's passing , a gang war looming along with a possible power struggle for who will inherit the dead mafia boss' position, Vincenzo decides to leave Italy for good , and head to Malta. Except that he needed to stop over Korea to finish up some business.

We were also introduced to the bickering father & daughter duo - Hong Yoo Chang and Hong Cha Young. Yoo Chang is a principled lawyer who's good and kind, defending the weak & powerless. Cha Young on the hand is realistic & materialistic , and does not share her father's ideals. She defeats her father in court because she buys over a witness. Her father in wanting to teach her a lesson, sends her a legal letter stating his intention of disowning her. The father & daughter interactions made me laugh so hard. It was clear that both loved each other a lot but they don't agree with each other's way of doing things.

Yoo Chang crosses path with Vincenzo as the former rents a shop lot in Geumga Plaza. The plaza actually belongs to Vincenzo who uses the basement of one of the shop lots to help a Chinese client hide his gold. Vincenzo registers the name of the building under his associate, Cho Young Won. We get to meet a motley bunch of tenants ( and here you can definitely see writers comedic style ala The Fiery Priest) who together with Yoo Chang were against the Plaza being sold to Babel Group. Vincenzo has no intentions of selling it as well ( since it is the secret hiding place for the gold), and promises the tenants that they won't sell to Babel but instead will rebuild the place & give them back their lots. 

However the folks at Babel Group play dirty and threaten Cho using the lives of his wife & daughter. Cho was forced to sign off on the sale of the building to Babel. Cho later died in a car "accident" . The Babel group with their gangsters came to close off the building , and was forcing the tenants to agree to the payout. When met with protests by the tenants, the gangsters started getting physical. But in comes Vincenzo , in true mafia style who put these men in their place ! :pandacool:

This was indeed an entertaining 100 minutes , and I agree with @ktcjdrama that there was not a boring moment. And there's this humor to it very characteristic of the writer's style . Look forward to eps 2!

@LaLa come share some thoughts here since you’re also watching this . 

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 4

@Tofu you all have my blessings for all the things all of you decide but hey this is song joong ki's comeback drama... comeback in the sense of disaster that happened in his life... I would not miss it for world... I kept refreshing Netflix like crazy... He was my first oppa ... surprised? Yes it was not lee min ho...!! It was him..

• Haha 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Ok, took me a while but I finished episode one. As @abs-oluteM mentioned, many of our main characters were introduced in this first episode. 

Vincenzo can be ruthless, but his rule (inherited by his adopted father) has always been to stay away from women and children. His brother, on the other hand, does not play by those rules. It's one of the reasons why their father trusted Vincenzo more and why his brother is unfit to take over the family business (something Vincenzo brings up). I'm actually quite curious to know how he was adopted into an Italian mafia -- what's the story behind this? 

The vineyard and car going up in flames -- I have been listening to Sam Tinnesz's Play with Fire lately and I think it perfectly complemented these two scenes. :laugh:

Spoiler

The tenants are going to be interesting to watch, lots of different personalities. The father/daughter relationship between Cha Young and Yoo Chan was fun to watch. When Yoo Chan sent her a notice to remove her from the family registry, I must have laughed so much -- it was so petty but it seems like it's also a lesson Yoo Chan is trying to teach his daughter too. I wonder what happened between them to get their relationship to this point. 

@ssteph - I forgot to answer your question before about Kwak Dong Yeon. He was the "evil" character in My Strange Hero but his character was going through some stuff himself too. I enjoyed watching him in that drama and I'm sure I will like him here but I think he's supposed to be more evil. :pandasadspoon:

@movingwheel - What?! Really? I don't think I would have guessed that. When did Song Joong Ki become your oppa, what drama was it? I've liked him ever since his small appearance as one of the main members of Running Man (when the show first started).  

Welcome back to dramaland, Song Joong Ki. You have been missed! :heart:

6dae13a0959c759589c541bed3b617cf5e80fb1a

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 4

I thought this scene was cleverly shot (by the way, please don't mind the size differences in all of these. Giphy likes to resize some but not others.):

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mornings with Song Joong Ki

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I really only captured these because I liked his pajamas. :laugh:

Spoiler

3f1b61ca150739a0b1e2f598867793a928750e7b

ebc29b0002371df63d494ee796a6aff8e4455850

ce51712573c7d3b88c15de6548b0941062ddb84d

For you guys, @movingwheel and @abs-oluteM. Haha!

Spoiler

e5264af39755a857a646262eeb9a39e8aa868579

69934359ba3a9001a8ab1acfbf7bba241210af6d

That's all for now. :heiboi:

c86be0f014a091645623a4dd288d571cc5c04f27

Bonus. Haha!

Spoiler

546b6160b11b2e79b316715fb653e656cbdbad4f

Edit:

Hmm....I think I should have posted all of these in Song Joong Ki's shrine. :pandaheadstomp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Mornings with Song Joong Ki

ohhhhh AAAAA morningggg AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAH so good.:mine:

Tbh he is having strong boyish aura bcs he looks so tiny miny but I'm not complaining for this style of Tom Cruise, it suits him much and give different air to the similar genre. We have the Korean one now!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I really enjoy the first episode! ^ ^

I didn't know the FL but after this episode, she and every characters will all work well in this drama. Can't wait for next episode.

BTW, I hope Vincenzo can really make them all pay because you know how many times the ML warns the villains and they ended up losing the battle (although eventually won the war). But because Vincenzo is supposed to be really competent and trustworthy right-hand of an Italian mafia, I obviously don't want to see him lose badly, especially against this little mafia group.

LMAO. The shower scene supposed to be smexy but it's hilarious instead.

062b595a66bac0d3fb5b35f9d2a72bfe4de0e046

69745ca8fe8a1cfe97a221d043065348f04da96dcdbf5be157fd9af3be51bc1c81d417f37d08de91

source: yesdramas

Look at him in the last gif, :laugh:

P.S. All those Italian words flying here & there, I recognise two - "s**t" and "F* off" :laugh: The F word was taught by an Italian ex-colleague. He'd be proud that I still remember. :laugh:

• Haha 7