Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

11 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@Tofu you all have my blessings for all the things all of you decide but hey this is song joong ki's comeback drama... comeback in the sense of disaster that happened in his life... I would not miss it for world... I kept refreshing Netflix like crazy... He was my first oppa ... surprised? Yes it was not lee min ho...!! It was him..

DOTS the 1st drama that started it all for me in kdrama land  ahahah. I had SJK fever after that. My favorite drama of his is probably  Nice Guy even with its crazy makjang story line. LOL

--------------

Gals ...k netz are hilarious

Netizens say you need to watch tvN's 'Vincenzo' on a big screen no matter what

Your Saturdays and Sundays are about to be much brighter for the next few months!

On February 20, tvN's brand new Sat-Sun blockbuster series 'Vincenzo' unveiled its first episode, led by actor Song Joong Ki!

But here's a bit of advice on how to watch 'Vincenzo' from K-netizens - make sure to watch it on a nice, big screen!

Why is that?

Spoiler

1613855554-1.png

Spoiler

1613855554-2.jpg

Spoiler

1613855554-3-1.jpg

1613855554-4.gif

Spoiler

1613855555-5.gif

1613855555-6.gif

1613855555-7.gif

So you can enjoy Song Joong Ki's heart-stopping visuals for 60+ minutes in HD quality!

Netizens said:

"Wow Song Joong Ki's face in this drama is so entertaining."
"Me the whole time I watched the first episode: he is so handsome..."
"It's been a while since Song Joong Ki gelled his hair back. His visuals with his hair gelled back is daebak."
"I haven't seen it yet but judging by these pics, it looks like an entertaining drama."
"How can a person be this handsome..."
"The best parts about this drama so far: Song Joong Ki's face, Song Joong Ki's skin, Song Joong Ki in a suit."
"I literally clapped at his visuals when I watched it."
"How is he 37 years old."
"Wait, I thought these pics were from 'The Innocent Man' (2012) for a second... where did time go..."
"This is therapy for my eyes."
"The world isn't fair. Only Song Joong Ki doesn't age."
"You end up paying the most attention when it's a closeup of Song Joong Ki's face kekekeke."

Source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/02/netizens-say-you-need-to-watch-tvns-vincenzo-on-a-big-screen-no-matter-what

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I’m on board for this drama! Thoroughly enjoyed Ep 1 - I loved the tenants and their antics. The humour is up my alley as well.

Not a crazy fan of SJG, but I just wanted to try out Ep 1 as had nothing on today and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The father-daughter pair was pretty funny too. I’m hoping the humour will continue to be sprinkled throughout the rest of the episodes! Even the music they used in certain scenes added to the humour. Loved it.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2

It's been very fun & explosive riding to watch the ep 1. The setting in Italy is so fabulous got you hooked up since from the start. Song Jong Ki has various expressions and certainly doing great here. Okay not too mentioned his expensive suit and the amazing mafiosso hair cut really done him well. 

Rest of the characters as tenants of the building also very fun. There's no boring moment, which rare for me. I got very short span attention recently, but I found myself very well entertained with this. 

I'm really excited to know how they're going to develop the romance? Both seems have zero interest on each others and on the narcissist types hahaha.... 

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way ssteph , I know you mentioned how nervous you are for oppa SJK. So did it meet your expectations?

Yes, I feel relieved now 😁 Episode 1 is good. He is good too.

I was nervous because :

1. Media called it as one of the most anticipated dramas in 2021.

2. K-drama viewers expected it to be a good drama since they knew director Kim Hee Won & screenwriter Park Jae Bum. I heard director KHW’s previous dramas are good. Among screenwriter PJB’s dramas, I only watched Good Doctor. I thought he always creates unique and unforgettable characters.

– Good Doctor (Joo Won)

– Blood (Ahn Jae Hyun)

– Chief Kim (Nam Goong Min)

– The Fiery Priest (Kim Nam Gil)

I was curious what the writer would do with Vincenzo. I am happy SJK can work with him.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

So it looks like Mr Cho didn't die and is now being treated in hospital. In eps 2 it became clearer why Vincenzo has decided to leave Italy and return to Korea. The basement of gold is practically his ( and Mr Cho's ) given that the client died of a heart attack a year back and no one else knows about it. So this gold that he plans to retrieve was their retirement plan. Vincenzo seems to desire a more peaceful life , given that he wakes-up disturbed by dreams of  cold blooded killings he committed in his mafia days. 

In this episode we got to see the development of the relationship between Daddy Hong and Vincenzo. From initially being angry that Vincenzo and Cho had gone back on their word, Hong YC and Vincenzo ended up working together to stall the plans of Babel to demolish the building. HYC saw that Vincenzo was clearly on the same side as he & the other tenants ( though not for the same reasons :Ghastlel:) , and he started giving Vincenzo information about Babel group. We also saw them bond over makgeolli , and it looks like Vincenzo is aware that HYC has been defending his mother though HYC has no idea yet that Vincenzo is the son. The party idea at the end of the episode was really quite brilliant & unexpected but I wonder how long they can do this. They cannot be throwing parties every night. I wonder what is their long term plan.

Two key players were also fleshed out a bit more in eps 2 . We got to finally see Kwak Dong Yeon who is the heir to Babel group. His father the chairman is honestly a nutcase. I squirmed each time he sent the hockey puck flying in the son's direction because he was unhappy that things are not progressing as planned. We also got to see Prosecutor Choi Myung Hee , an ace prosecutor tired of being the lap dog for her bosses at work. She quit and joined WooSung Law Firm as a Senior Partner. Cha Young was upset as she was hoping to have that position . I am wondering if she knows CMH. Why do I get the feeling that CMH is her mother? 

Talking about Cha Young, Daddy Hong is right. She should have been an actress - I cracked up at her melodramatic reactions & exaggerated walk . She's one smart cookie - she knew instantly that Vincenzo had strong vested interests in wanting to save Geumga. I enjoy their short interactions and hope somehow they will end up working together. I can for-see that happening soon as I do think she's going to get fired for not reporting to her boss about the witness that escaped from quarantine. Plus she is her father's daughter at the end of the day. I  was so amused at her childhood photos. The so called "ugly duckling" has become a swan.  Jeon Yeo Bin is doing a good job. I am impressed that she's able to deliver the physical comedy and switch effortlessly to  being serious and all in the next minute. It isn't something that many young actresses these days can do convincingly.

Eps 2 was not as flashy as eps 1 so to speak but I do like that they are moving the story along. While I am good with the humor in general, a couple of scenes did fall flat for me. Nevertheless it was an enjoyable watch and I look forward to next week!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

DOTS the 1st drama that started it all for me in kdrama land  ahahah. I had SJK fever after that. My favorite drama of his is probably  Nice Guy even with its crazy makjang story line. LOL

DOTS wasn't the greatest drama, but I like watching some of the scenes so every once and a while I would re-watch those scenes again. Haha! Nice Guy is one of my favorite Song Joong Ki drama too. 

Episode 2 finished up the introduction to all the characters. The hockey puck scene with Kwak Dong Yeon was really hard to watch but it provides a back story to why he might be who he is. The person (the chairman?) seemed to have only hit his body so any injuries that Jang Han Seo gets can be easily covered up. In the preview, Kwak Dong Yeon's laugh was so full of menace. :scaredpanda2:

Spoiler

5370b002a0ac50ead6ed9377a6dcadf0a0c40436

Cha Young is such a fun character so far. I'm really enjoying watching her. Her expressions and lack of directions are so fun to watch. Haha!

Spoiler

0bbb6a6e9164d2cb2f607c2e797e65c9517500ae

2967f1c643ea0b31b824ad37211bee620b03af66

I wonder if being around Yoo Chan is going to allow Vincenzo to learn more about his mother (who I am assuming in the person in prison that Yoo Chan is defending). A part of me wonders if her case is related to Babel too?

Can't wait for next week's episodes! Until then, enjoy this .gif of Song Joong Ki. :heart:

15a4c0ea0dafd12b09f585391b69a304cb0dbb97

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM i was also introduced to k drama by DOTS... as much cliched love story it was , i absolutely loved it;...hence SJK is my first actor to fall in love with then , i watched his MCW... at that time LMH name used to be very prominent...ppl could not stop gushing over him... that time i saw his heirs ... even more so it was kim eun sook writing... i absolutely did not like it... then i saw few here n there and then fell in love with BOF and then Goblin.... then i watched personal taste and coffee prince... thats how the journey of k drama was with me..

okay now enough with it ,I do find him very versatile despite having a flower boy sort of image.... and this drama is amazing.. not even a a moment of boredom.... okay my biggest question is the stand of prosecutor..... i do not think that she is a person who can be easily corrupted... there seems to be a ulterior motive behind becoming a lawyer from a prosecutor.... the CEO of that law firm is completely corrupted...that i can see totally..

I also agree with your point that the prosecutor and cha young will have a relationship... for sure... however somehow i do feel that the chairman whose face we are  yet to see will surely have some sort of relationship with Vincenzo...  the funniest was the guy who wants to track vincenzo from his own salary... lol... i do feel that he will somehow end up helping him.... i am loving the female lead... she is not a demure sort of person.... very very very deep and cunning in a charming kind of way....

I am even more grateful to god because it has touched two digit ratings in second episode... i can clearly see that korean audiences' taste is revolving... they are coming out of sweet fluffy romance and gradually moving towards mysterious thriller sort of dramas and movies.... at this current juncture , Sogn Joong Ki's choice of  projects do matter.... matter a lot provided that all the a listers are sort of falling short in enchanting domestic audience but doing better internationally... it does look like SJK's Vincenzo is doing amazing in S korea as well provided it touched double digit viewership in second episode itself... in this way he is kind of cementing himself as a bankable actor for korean audience and as well as international audience.... this is particularly when all the a listers like lee min ho , kim soo hyun , Ji Chang Wook are kind of falling short impressing their home country...

Fingers crossed.... hope vincenzo to become highest grossing cable tv drama in 2021... 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Episode 2 continues to be an enjoyable watch. Poor Vincenzo~ when will he ever get to have a proper meal? :laugh:He has now become Shi Mok v.2 :laugh:

I loved how Jeon Yeo Bin pronounces Cassano into "Gua-sa-no" and "gua" was translated to the chinese word that means "melon" which makes it extra funny for me.

Other than that the International Crime Response Agency's guy Ahn Ki Seok is killing me :laugh:. I mean, his instinct isn't wrong but his boss just doesn't believe him. :lol:

And ooh, I thought Kwang Dong Yeon (Chairman Jang Han Seo) is the big baddy but turned out he's just a substitute of the real Boss. Curious who the real Big Bad Boss is.

Am I the only one that is worried Vincenzo exposed himself on (fake) instagram around the world? What if his Italian enemies were looking for him?

Lastly, no doubt the woman in jail is Vincenzo's birth mother.

Ok promised this is last, should we do a count on how many damaged suits Vincenzo will end up having? :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

@mademoiselle not just damaged suit but damaged meal too..... i mean how i wished him to eat food properly.... but in the end he ends up drinking...lol...and it will be interesting to watch how he falls in love for cha young lol.... both are like poles apart... two completely different personalities.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Guassano's 😆 PJ Edition:

152035542_331571124945072_53016739364349

152829581_2861788474065158_1437160886256

153407292_1884785628354400_3207228938691

HAPPIESTNESS Collection
Slide 1 Hugo Pajama Set Cloud Dancer ₩540,000
(USD 488.23/IDR 6,867,609.28)
Slide 2 Hugo Pajama Set Black Iris ₩540,000
Slide 3 Hugo Pajama Set Spark Of Light ₩540,000
Hugo Robe Spark Of Light ₩640,000
(USD 578.64/IDR 8,139,388.78)

source: kdrama_fashion

I'm not sure I'll be "happiestness" when I put a hole through this PJ or it gets caught on something!

In addition, the watch that got stolen is the price of a mid-range small to medium sedan car.

Spoiler

152433265_3886038478119832_8136114472889

HUBLOT Big Bang Unico King Gold 45mm $39,900

2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle not just damaged suit but damaged meal too..... i mean how i wished him to eat food properly.... but in the end he ends up drinking...lol...and it will be interesting to watch how he falls in love for cha young lol.... both are like poles apart... two completely different personalities.. 

What I don't get is why must he eat in that building? There are plenty of delicious food out there on the streets for him to choose from and he just has to eat at that fake Italian chef's restaurant. LOL. There's not even one single customer in there, so what makes him think the food is good? :PikachuFacePalm:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle i know right? #40K approx....oh my eyes..... no doubt i was in love with that watch,...

most importantly even after not liking it , he still goes there.... and makes him embarassed.... the funny thing was when tenants were doing that zombie practice , the kind of look SJK had on his face... Goshhh..

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

3 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle i know right? #40K approx....oh my eyes..... no doubt i was in love with that watch,...

This one cost 100k - with diamonds, lol. But it really doesn't look appealing. 

https://www.hublot.com/en-us/watches/big-bang/big-bang-integral-king-gold-pave-42-mm

Also I fear I might lose my hand walking on the street with it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This one cost 100k - with diamonds, lol. But it really doesn't look appealing. 

https://www.hublot.com/en-us/watches/big-bang/big-bang-integral-king-gold-pave-42-mm

Also I fear I might lose my hand walking on the street with it.

i will be so worried wearing that..i would rather not wear  that watch....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

I'm enjoying the first 2 episodes! I'm laughing at Vincenzo's expressions when he's cursing in Italian and his dumbfounded look at all the strange things he has to face on the first few days of his stay in SK. :MewGiggle:

I've watched 3 dramas from the writer (Good Doctor, Good Manager, Fiery Priest) and I enjoyed all of 3. Vincenzo gave a similar feeling with Good Manager (for the plot and the male lead character) but also a mixed of Fiery Priest (the female lead character and the comedy). The male lead is clever and at first all his moves and tactics is for gaining more money (or in this case, the gold). The female lead cares a lot for her reputation and career but also has this part of her that cares for other. Cha Young reminds me a little of Lee Ha Nee's character (Prosecutor Park) but she's more expressive and wears her emotions on her sleeve. She tried to hide her feelings but we can show her soft heart. Especially her love-hate relationship with her father. 

Did anyone have or found a gif of Cha Young who keeps glancing at the clock? I think I'll use it to express my feelings waiting for the clock to go faster so that I can leave the office :nya:

Welcome back Song Joong Ki to drama land. He doesn't seem to age, even looks younger from DOTS era o.O

I think this is my first drama of Jeon Yeo Bin and I enjoyed her performance so far

I think I'll keep this for my current watching list :) 

Will Vincenzo get his gold or have a change of heart and will just let the gold stay buried for a long time and save the plaza? :thinking:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

My first thoughts on Vincenzo. I should note that this is the first drama where I started it completely cold, not having watched the trailers or read anything about it before hand.

1. Song Joong Ki is a very beautiful man who doesn't age. Still, in his pre-military service days, he was almost too pretty and almost feminine, so I love the grittier looks and attitude that he brings now.

2. The intro clip is pretty cool, almost James Bond-esque in themes and strong graphics, but with a sense of humor.

3. The initial Italian portion was so mafioso serious to almost be a parody, but I was not expecting the stronger humor that came with Vincenzo's return to Korea.

4. I really love SJK's ability to do both dramatic (Nice Guy, Wolf Boy) and comedic roles (Sungkungkwan Scandal), and love this role from him since it seems he'll get to do both again. Regardless of how one might feel about DotS, one of the things I loved about that drama was actually SJK's ability to go from deadly serious Team Leader to teasing smart-aleck.

5. Now that I know it's by the same writer as Chief Kim and the Fiery Priest, my expectations for this drama is going way up!

6. The shower scene cracked me up. Even the bgm "glitching" along with the shower head/water pressure was funny.

6. Can't figure out what Ok Taecyeon is actually going to do in this drama. Isn't this his comeback drama after his military stint?

All in all, I think I'm definitely looking forward to watching more of this. Btw, did I mention how beautiful SJK is as well as how good an actor?

:heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 2/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, movingwheel said:

the best part of the drama was father daughter relation....they genuinely love and care about each other but the father is not happy about his daughter's choice of money over people... hence this playful hatred...now vincenzo wants to tear down the building because there is gold bars below it but its not very clear whether he really cares about tenants in the building at this point of time... but it seems he will eventually and this is how his character will develop...

BONUS POINT - Song Joong ki taking shower... albeit the shower is not working properly.. But work out scene all sweaty would have been better...i remember ogling at him in DOTS... :D

@abs-oluteM @bairama @ktcjdrama do not just laugh at me but watch the drama together pls...the amount of break he took after the incident , i wondered when will i ever get to see him !!! then suddenly song joong ki os everywhere...and i am loving every bit of it...

I was laughing at the scene when the daughter received the letter to disown her and when she confronted the father, she tried

to convinced the father again with that little tears, too bad the father knows the daughter too well.

The shower scene had me LOL all the way, when the shower head dance by itself and SJK follow the beat by shaking his

body as well. too bad I was not there to help him scrub his back ! 

:MewGiggle:

He has so many bad luck upon his return to Korea, ie, stopped by Immigration officer, got conned by the limousine driver,

his so called branded suit got damaged by the laundarette,the shower does not function as expected, pigeon making noise when he was about to sleep...

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5