Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Article from PinkVilla

Vincenzo writer Park Jae Bum on Song Joong Ki: His hard boiled acting brings joy to this writer’s eyes & heart

Skilled screenwriter, Park Jae Bum of Good Manager and The Fiery Priest fame, couldn't stop raving about the cast of his upcoming project Vincenzo. Vincenzo, headlined by Song Joong Ki, is the story of  Vincenzo Cassano, a lawyer and Italian Mafia consigliere of the Korean descent. He has returned to Korea to take down the rich and influential, who abuse their power and wealth to exploit others. He encounters Hong Cha-young, a sharp-tongued lawyer (Jeon Yeo Bin). The duo teams up for Vincenzo's ultimate revenge plan.

In a recent interview with Osen, via Soompi, writer Park Jae Bum was all praises for leading man Song Joong Ki. Writer Park was impressed with Joong Ki's professionalism and dedication towards playing the titular role of Vincenzo Cassano. He was also particularly impressed with the actor's ability to understand the 'highlights of my sense of humour and execute easily'. He shared, “Song Joong Ki accurately understands the highlights of my sense of humour and executes it easily. Of course, his hard-boiled acting brings joy to this writer’s eyes and heart." That's not all as he even showered praises on Jeon Yeo Bin. He expressed he was a huge fan and wanted to meet her since he watched her film After My Death. He also shared that Taecyeon, who plays a feeble law intern, Jang Jun Woo, is like a 'totem' to him

He also shared that although he has dealt with dark-comedy as a genre in the past, Vincenzo will bring a diverse perspective to the forefront. "The drama’s greatest selling points are the process and results of this villain unintentionally bringing justice," he signed off.

----------------------

TVN posted these individual intros & new year greeting promoting the drama followed by the drama trailer 

JYB's

Spoiler

Tacyeon's 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@ssteph  Am actually re-watching parts of Mr Nice Guy since my mum is watching it on NF. Ended up sitting with her . Memories ! 

Naver article for the 1st teaser

105398605.1.jpg

The first preview video released on this day raises expectations by announcing the launch of the never-before-seen "Dark Hero." ( like an anti-hero character ) .  Vincenzo's secret plan to "get everything done in a month" stimulates viewers' curiosity. In the world of Italian mafias, Vincenzo used to deal only with strong men. After coming to Korea, he meets unusual merchants in Geumga Plaza.

When the handsome stranger, Vincenzo, appears in Geumga Plaza, it triggers a warning alert amon the tenants.  Hong Cha-young (Jeon Yeo-bin), a self-taught lawyer, also secretly provokes Vincenzo. Hong Yoo-chan (played by Yoo Jae-myung), the legal representative of the tenants of Geumga Plaza also builds a wall  against him, saying, "I never trust people like you."

In the following video, there is a sense of crisis as Geumga Plaza is handed over to Babel Construction. Choi Myung-hee (Kim Yeo-jin), a ruthless villain who manages Babel, begins to move, and unusual things happen. As Hong Cha-young said, "In Korea, all of them are mafia and cartels," Korean  villains that cannot be punished by law appear in front of Vincenzo. Above all, Vincenzo's performance as an anti-hero adds curiosity as he deals with evil in a vicious way. He gives  a sharp warning, "I will never forgive you all," without blinking an as he looks at collapsing building,  foretelling  a thrilling catharsis.

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Watch: Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Introduce Their Characters In “Vincenzo”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454052wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-introduce-their-characters-in-vincenzo

Feb 13, 2021
by C. Hong

Ahead of the premiere of the upcoming drama “Vincenzo,” tvN shared a special interview clip of its stars Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin!

After they introduced themselves, Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin asked playfully, “Can we ask really tough questions?” Song Joong Ki introduced his character, Vincenzo Cassano, as a consigliere who grew up in the Italian mafia, as well as a lawyer who can be cruel and go to extremes. Asked if he had any similarities to the character, he said, “I think we both like to be alone.” Jeon Yeo Bin showed her surprise and said, “He’s so kind on set that I thought he liked being around people.” Song Joong Ki added, “The difference between us is that Vincenzo always wears formal suits, but Song Joong Ki does not. I like wearing comfortable clothes.”

Song Joong Ki said that it was refreshing to play the character, but added, “The difficult part was that I’ve never been to Italy in my life. I’ve never spoken Italian in my life. I’m more scared of my Italian teacher than of the director.” He then showed a tiny snippet of Italian for the viewers.

song-joong-ki-jeon-yeo-bin-768x432.jpg

Jeon Yeo Bin introduced her character as Hong Cha Young, a lawyer who is intensely competitive, sharp-tongued, and has a bit of an unusual side. She picked the scene in which Vincenzo rides a horse as her favorite scene to film thus far, but the details were censored for spoilers. She said that she was about 50 percent similar to the character, but Song Joong Ki joked, “I thought it was more like 85 to 90 percent.”

Jeon Yeo Bin continued, “I think that both Hong Cha Young and Vincenzo are fiery people. They both have emptiness and longing inside them. The difference is that Vincenzo has a very heavy aura of darkness that lies underneath, while Cha Young has a more realistic kind of darkness.” The two also shared random facts about themselves, such as “I ate short rib soup yesterday” (Jeon Yeo Bin) and “I looked up ‘how to peel a thick-skinned squash’ on YouTube this morning” (Song Joong Ki).

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

From AKP

Song Joong Ki talks about playing a consigliere for the Italian mafia in 'Vincenzo'

Will actor Song Joong Ki (36) be able to continue the success he gained from the Netflix movie 'Space Sweepers' with the tvN drama 'Vincenzo?'

'Vincenzo,' which is a new drama from the writer Park Jae Bum, the writer behind 'Fiery Priest,'  is expected to become the new hit drama. The production cost is already at 20 billion KRW (~$18,138,302), with actor Song Joong Ki as the main cast.

Song Joong Ki will play the role of Vincenzo Cassano, who was adopted in Italy at the age of 8. He is a consigliere/lawyer for the Italian mafia and returned to Korea due to the organization's betrayal. He is a character who fights the villains in a wicked villainous way alongside Hong Cha Young, who is a veteran lawyer played by Jeon Yeo Bin.

The cast members attended the online production presentation on February 15th. During the interview, Song Joong Ki stated, "These days there are a lot of bad people in the news. When writer Park Jae Bum gave me the synopsis, I sympathized with it a lot because it contains many contents criticizing society. I think it is a very new genre, a high-class genre." 

Song Joong Gi continued to say, "But that isn't the only charm that attracted me to it. The narrative is heavy and deep, but it's a pleasant and refreshing drama."

The actor explained about his character saying, "He's worse and stronger than the bad guys. He is a Korean who has lived only in Italy, so he's a lonely character as he is foreign to Korea. At first, I thought Italian would be easy to pick up, but it's a complicated language. Still, the language teacher helped me a lot."

Many fans wonder how Song Joong Ki will depict a character who is more wicked than the bad guys since he has such kind, gentle eyes. Song Joong Ki replied, "There are some people who see me in a different image than the image that is seen to the general public. I wanted to transparently depict Vincenzo's spitefulness, wickedness, and sharpness."

Regarding Jeon Yeo Bin, who worked as his partner, he said, "Both characters have a sort of loneliness even though they lived in polar opposite lives. They also have a similar passion. when I saw Jeon Yeo Bin, I felt that she was an amazing actress."

Jeon Yeo Bin also stated, "I wanted to keep reading the next content when I received the synopsis. Vincenzo and Cha Young are like Tom and Jerry. Song Joong Ki really helped set the mood and character."

Taecyeon will play the role of Jang Jun Woo, an innocent intern lawyer who is at odds with Vincenzo. Taecyeon said, "Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin are like jewels, If Vincenzo is a diamond, then Hong Cha Young is like a black pearl. I'm so honored to be part of this project."

• Like 1

Love this article as PD explains why he chose SJK to star in this. This PD directed two dramas I love - Money Flower & The Crowned Clown. And the writer wrote The Fiery Priest which was AWESOME!

Actor Song Joong-ki to return to small screen as Korean Italian mafioso with 'Vincenzo'
By Kim Boram

SEOUL, Feb. 15 (Yonhap) -- South Korean star actor Song Joong-ki will return to the small screen as a Korea-born lawyer of an Italian Mafia in the upcoming black comedy "Vincenzo."

The new show, scheduled to premier this weekend on cable channel tvN, is about Vincenzo Cassano (Song), a Korean Italian who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. He comes back to his motherland and gets involved in some corruption scandals and fights against social powers in his way.

It is one of the most anticipated TV series this spring for its all-star cast including Song, Jeon Yeo-been and Ok Taecyeon, who is also a rapper with boy group 2PM.

Song, who chose "Vincezo" as his return project since his last appearance in the fantasy "Arthdal Chronicles" (2019), said he felt so thrilled and satisfied when he first read the script about bad guys who defeat great villains that spoil society.

"When I first read a short summary of 'Vincezo,' I sympathized with the screenwriter's caustic point of view," he said in an online press conference on Monday. "It was interesting and fresh that the powerful lose to the more powerful, who are not always good."

"Vincenzo" is written by screenwriter Park Jae-bum, who is known for well-rounded dark comedies like "The Fiery Priest" (2019), which satirizes deep-rooted corruption and cronyism between politicians and businessmen.

Song said his character is so callous and ruthless that he does everything to overpower his enemies and even resorts to evil means. It is largely different from his past roles like a warm-hearted special forces team captain in "Descendants of the Sun" (2016) and a capable warrior in "Arthdal Chronicles."

"I know that I have many different personalities that my fans can't see," he said. "I've been trying to find my wicked, severe or sharp dispositions and present those parts through Vincenzo."

At the same time, Song has to portray the man standing on the borderline as a Korean Italian feeling loneliness and alienation in Korea, which he left decades ago.

"He has lived in Italy for most of his life. But he is a foreigner in his motherland," he said. "It's pathetic and touching, but we are pleased with his heroic actions."

Director Kim Hee-won, who created the historical romance "The Crowned Clown" (2019) and "Money Flower" (2017), said she has chosen Song for the title role for the actor's multi-faceted characteristics that he has displayed in his previous titles.

"I like Song in 'The Innocent Man' (2012). His face represents darkness and loneliness as well as innocence. That perfectly fits Vincenzo," she said. "And he is good at comedy, which is also a crucial part in this project."

She said she focuses on striking balance between the darkness of the storyline and the lightness of humor in order to convey the critical messages against corruption or backdoor dealings between authorities and business in a satirical way.

"Our protagonists are not good and nice. Their will is more evil than villains," she said. "It's a very caustic story but is told in a humorous tone. It's very hard to put them together."

"Vincenzo" will premier on tvN this Saturday and will be also available on Netflix simultaneously.

• Like 1

@abs-oluteM @ssteph

Vincenzo Cassano

Avvocato = Lawyer

National Association of Italian Lawyers

DOB: 5 Nov 1986 (Ooooh Scorpio)
Place of Birth: Seoul, South Korea

Migrated to Italy 24 Dec 1993

Languages: Proficient in Korean, Spanish, French, German

Personal Information

Graduated with Honours from Bocconi University
Achievement of state exam for lawyers
Experience in a law firm (Victory Law Firm) in Milan

Career History
Milan Law Firm (Victory Law Firm)
Consultancy service for the Private Capital Incentive Project

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

And seems to have a bit of comedy too!! 
SJK is looking so hensemmm :wow:

IKR ...looking so dashing. I love that slight evil smile aahaahah. The women of my family & my GFs are all waiting for this drama . LOL. 

Do you see bits of Fiery Priest comedic tones in it? Jeon Yeo Bin's character also quite sassy. I laughed when her father told her to go to acting school instead of being a lawyer.

• Haha 2