Rebirth for You 慕南枝 [2021]

NiteWalker

20 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I'll hang on till next week Tuesday to watch it. At least, by then there would be 18 episodes out. It's gonna be a long wait till Nov 22, sigh, for the entire 40 episodes, now that's there no more flooding of eps.

I never really benefited from the flooding of episodes but it's so strange to see everyone on the same timeline watching a drama. I used to read spoilers so I can prepare myself for what's to come or skips parts but I can't do that anymore. :laugh:

Edit - I watched the first two episodes and it's not too bad. I think I might continue watching. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I never really benefited from the flooding of episodes but it's so strange to see everyone on the same timeline watching a drama. I used to read spoilers so I can prepare myself for what's to come or skips parts but I can't do that anymore. :laugh:

Edit - I watched the first two episodes and it's not too bad. I think I might continue watching. 

Well, with the removal of VVIP, it's still not quite the same for everyone, depending on whether you know where to access VIP or not, either FOC or if one has decided to pay to get access to VIP. :lmao2:

@Tofu Sshhh don't tell anyone, but I could not resist JZ and watched some episodes [ahem, some here means (shamefacedly) whatever has been aired]. If it's any comfort, he's not as confident here as in Time Flies (at least not for now) and he's feeling inferior to JJY's character who is a princess by birth (from the mother's side). JJY still reminds me of her 2 other period dramas, although slightly toned down, but the tell-tale signs are still there from her facial expressions to her gestures.

Spoiler

I caught pix of wedding scenes somewhere and I am wondering when? so fast? or is that from way later? if they get married so fast, otoke, what's to come later on? a divorce (which is typical of Chinese scripts)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is my first JJY drama. I've never seen her in anything before but my sister really likes her. I think the bold lip color is a bit too much against her fair complexion. So far, I think her acting is palatable. I'm not blown away, but I'm also not cringing either. 

I think this might also be my first time watching the male lead too. I can't remember if I've seen him in anything else. :thinking:

Right now, I'm on episode 6. She's is trying to come up with ways to get out of her marriage with the Emperor. 

@IpohBanana I remember reading somewhere that they end up getting married because they will be working together to help the palace maintain a balance.

• Like 2

@Tofu Yes, I read that too.

Spoiler

watched the latest episodes, and the wedding scenes took place as shown. Guess what? the author of this novel, is the same author as The Sword and The Brocade. So I am expecting (a) a divorce or a confirmed period where they will not see eye to eye with each other, (b) mistrust/misunderstanding, (c) JJY's character is gonna end up in serious trouble and he'll come save her at the end.

@Yana I didn't like the orangey tone around her eyes, which was present in both The Legend of YX and The Blooms at RYP. Here, it's less obvious, so I am thankful for that. But what I really like about the ML's character so far is he really understands her. It's not just physical attraction, he really can read her well, why she does something, why she says something. And that gives me a 'rare' moment of satisfaction. Their interactions in E12 were really, really sweet. I hope you both enjoy these scenes, and hopefully there will be more to come.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu Yes, I read that too.

Reveal hidden contents

watched the latest episodes, and the wedding scenes took place as shown. Guess what? the author of this novel, is the same author as The Sword and The Brocade. So I am expecting (a) a divorce or a confirmed period where they will not see eye to eye with each other, (b) mistrust/misunderstanding, (c) JJY's character is gonna end up in serious trouble and he'll come save her at the end.

@Yana I didn't like the orangey tone around her eyes, which was present in both The Legend of YX and The Blooms at RYP. Here, it's less obvious, so I am thankful for that. But what I really like about the ML's character so far is he really understands her. It's not just physical attraction, he really can read her well, why she does something, why she says something. And that gives me a 'rare' moment of satisfaction. Their interactions in E12 were really, really sweet. I hope you both enjoy these scenes, and hopefully there will be more to come.

I watched that ep yesterday...seems like they're still have long way to have the "real happy ending" :nervous: I saw the trailer for the next week episodes..*sigh*

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's very decent but for some reason I keep thinking of Zhang Zhehan :P

But seriously the premise is good and the show moves very quickly. Ju Jingyi and young Joseph have very good chemistry. In fact I think she has good chemistry with the good-natured Marquise (Si Zi) as well. Joseph's recent outing as Zhang Wuji in Heavenly Sword and Dragon-Slaying Sabre was terrific. Really loved what he brought to that role as someone who is much closer in age to the character than most others. 

Since I've only watched 3 episodes the one thing -- a niggly thing -- that bothers me is how it is that Bao Ning is such en engineering talent. So far there's no real explanation. Plus she often works in her long flowing robes with a ton of jewelry. I don't mind her being smart (as she should be at least politically savvy) but yeah, it's hard to swallow her as an inventor. Still, good for her for trying to get out of her marriage to the emperor. I don't think much of him either.

It's the case that Zhao Yi isn't an impressive figure. But I wonder if it's because he's been under the Empress Dowager's thumb for so long or he is just not that bright. The important thing for him though is to surround himself with good advisors and people who can support him. 

I like the lead characters so far (although Bao Ning seems to be the kind of mischievous busybody that JJY likes playing) and I am looking forward to seeing what they get up to.

• Like 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.