The Spies Who Loved Me 💋 - [2020]

ktcjdrama

http://img.imbc.com/adams/Program/202010/132470205138721820.jpg

Broadcast station: MBC

Schedule: October 21 - December 10, 2020 / Wednesday-Thursday / 21:20 (KST)

About the Show: The story tells of a wedding dress designer who gets entangled in the world of espionage because of an unexpected event that happened to her best friend. Her ex-husband and current husband are both spies and they have been hiding their secret identity from her.

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Thriller

Trailers:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

LONG TRAILER WITH SUBS

BASIC INFORMATION

Production: 

Episodes: 16 (32 mini-episodes)

Director: Lee Jae-jin
Screenwriters: Lee Ji-min

Official Website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/thespieswholovedme/index.html

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Main Cast

Eric Moon >> Jeon Ji-Hoon

Yoo In-Na >> Kang A-Reum

Im Ju-Hwan >> Derek Hyun

Supporting Cast

Kim Tae-Woo >> Ban Jin-Min

Jung Suk-Yong >> Kang Tae-Ryong

Cha Joo-Young >> Hwang Seo-Ra

Bae In-Hyuk >> Kim Young-Goo

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

ORIGINAL SOUNTRACK

OST 1: 

OST 2:

OST 3:

OST 4: Wherever - Baek Ah Yeon

https://youtu.be/kELFFS5GruQ

EPISODE RATINGS (first half & second half)

Episode 1: 3.7% & 4.3%

Episode 2: 3.0% & 3.2%

Episode 3: 1.8% & 2.4%

Episode 4: 2.8% & 2.6%

Episode 5: 2.8% & 3.2%

Episode 6: 2.2% & 2.4%

Episode 7: 2.7% & 3.1%

Episode 8: - & 3.0%

Episode 9: 1.6% & 1.5%

Episode 10: 2.1% & 2.5%

Episode 11: 2.1% & 2.2%

Episode 12: 2.2% & 2.6%

Episode 13: 1.8% & 2.3%

Episode 14: 2.9% & 2.8%

Episode 15: -

Episode 16: -

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

YIN looks good

Yes, she looks so pretty with shorter hair. I really love listening to her voice, which I think is very soothing, then coupled with Eric’s deep voice... Listening to the two of them carry out a conversation is like a treat to the ears. 

So far the pace and story is quite alright. Not liking the hairstyle of Im Ju Hwan. I think it made his small long face becomes even smaller and longer, but maybe it will grow on me as the episodes go. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama she’s married to him right ? Or was it Eric’s character? 

Eric is ex-husband. IJH is current husband. Haha, I don’t know how it will play out. Must be IJH is a baddie and they will eventually divorce or he dies during mission? Or trying to protect her? Supposedly his love for her is sincere.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

I adore Yoo In Na and Im Joo Hwan is one of my favorite actors so thinking of picking this one up, what are the current thoughts on it? 

Welcome to the thread! 

I enjoyed the first two episodes so far. Anyway, I love watching YIN on screen, so unless the story is super ridiculous, I think I will be able to finish it 😅 I even finished My Secret Hotel although it is nothing spectacular. I love IJH also, but tbh, his character here is not interesting to watch at all, unlike his previous roles. As for Eric, this is his first drama I have ever watched, so no comment. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Welcome to the thread! 

I enjoyed the first two episodes so far. Anyway, I love watching YIN on screen, so unless the story is super ridiculous, I think I will be able to finish it 😅 I even finished My Secret Hotel although it is nothing spectacular. I love IJH also, but tbh, his character here is not interesting to watch at all, unlike his previous roles. As for Eric, this is his first drama I have ever watched, so no comment. 

I've never watched Eric either so I have no real opinion on him, but it's a bit disappointing Im Joo Hwan's character isn't interesting? I'm still gonna pick it up before too many episodes air lol Thanks. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Merry_Shai said:

but it's a bit disappointing Im Joo Hwan's character isn't interesting? I'm still gonna pick it up before too many episodes air lol Thanks. 

Maybe not yet, maybe he didn’t get a lot of screen time in the first two episodes. 

Yes, do give the first few episodes a try and then decide from there. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Episode 3-4 are getting interesting.

AR finally found out her ex-husband's true identity and agreed to work together to investigate the death of her best friend, who was a key informant to a case the Interpol has been working on. Her current husband, Derek, remains mysterious though. It is not clear whether his suspicions on her is because of wanting to know more whether best friend let her in on crucial information, or whether jealous of the new guy (ex-husband) roaming around her lately.

@abs-oluteM I love YIN's character here. So far, this drama has nothing outstanding to speak of, but it is enjoyable nonetheless. Her character somehow has the latent talent of being a spy, much like in Terius. 

Last bit of ep.4, which is a bit tense, and preview for ep.5

• Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Guess what @ktcjdrama I watched the 1st episode ! I loved it ! Surprised that YIN & Eric Mun’s pairing match as well as they did.  I laughed my head off at the end when he had to dress a sheriff for the bachelorette party :GrowDerp:. He’s got nice arms . Lol! I cracked up at this 

But I think she’s still in love with ex hubby.  It was a fun watch , action scenes were good too 

@Merry_Shai @SilverMoonTea check this one out 

• Haha 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Eps 2 down! Yay...i like it so far . I can see the reason for their divorce is just really because he had to hide so many things from her due to his job.  Can't wait till she finds out what he does. And yes, she's actually quite sharp too. 

• Awesome 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Okay just got off eps 3 @ktcjdrama.  I am sold. Good balance of spy stuff and romantic tension. Not exactly unpredictable plot wise , but it's fun. 

Definitely want Ah Eum and Ji Hun back together. There's chemistry between Yoo In Na and Eric Mun in their scenes. I like their banter , and so cute that he had to use the excuse of taking a loan from her in order to see or call her. 

Don't know if Derek is set up to be the bad guy , but end of eps 3 definitely hints at it since he was also keeping tab of her whereabouts. But for all I know , both Ji Hun & Derek could be investigating this for separate spy agencies. Anyhow, I don't feel that she loved her husband the way she thinks she does. She wasn't comfortable telling him the truth about herself at the hospital . Something Sophie said about not trusting the one beside you would strike her soon. On the other hand she opened up to Ji Hoon more when he came to see her at the shop. 

I cracked up at this scene...two spies sussing out each other & clearly knowing who the other person is :D

plDyqYK.png

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Had the day off ...so I am all caught up. Too bad that there was only eps 6.

I was pleasantly surprised that she found that Ji Hun was an agent the way she did. But it made sense of course that she needed to know , since she would be needed to help in Sophie's investigations. I really like the talk they had at the shooting range - perhaps that was the most honest / barrier free conversation they have had. I wondered too if she any inkling that JH was not who he said he was given that she has pretty good instincts. I suppose she did really trust him.  

I think this drama is an easy watch because it doesn't leave you guessing too hard about what is going on . I like that the romance won't take a traditional route since they were former spouses & she's married. Also there's  good tension between the present & ex husband spying on each other ( the ending scene of ep 5 got me craving for more) . On top of that there's the guessing game of when AhReum would discover what the husband does. It won't be long I should think , as she is already suspicious & piecing things together.

So it is confirmed that Derek works for Helmes ....

uejtHNf.png

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1