The Spies Who Loved Me 💋 - [2020]

ktcjdrama

I hope there are 2 episodes this week @ktcjdrama. It is baseball season , and I hate it when they cancel for that.

MBC stills

Ex-hubby

He looks good here. How shocking it was for her to discover he was actually a cop / agent. Their marriage may have been saved if he had been transparent

EmWYIKdVkAAFZ-c?format=jpg&name=small

The perfect current husband. 

• Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

New stills . I guess some flashback scenes to both her weddings . Interesting to note the disappointment in the description - she had  thought she found a sweet perfect husband in  Derek but discovers  now that he was her bestie Sophie’s ex boyfriend. Why did they hide this from her ? 

• Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am still not used to IJH having such hairstyle. He really doesn’t need the added height of the bangs 😅 He looks dashing though as the groom 😍

Agreed that the bangs was a disservice. 

I have to say that even with IJH , YIN has good chemistry.

I watched last night's episode super late & was happy that we got to see some memories of both her weddings. There was a marked difference .The 2nd wedding with Derek was a bigger more polished affair but it hinted at some underlying problems that Ah Reum just chose to overlook. There were hints of a jealous/ possessive MIL (the latter seemed intent on stealing the bride's thunder by choosing to wearing white). Then someone had purposely spilled wine on her original white gown ( was it the MIL or Sophie?). She'd rather walked down the aisle alone then with Derek .

But most telling was her own voiceover about how she said she was more concerned with how she looked in Wedding 2 then Wedding 1 where she was just focused on JH. Indeed she smiled more in Wedding 2 but she wasn't as excited or in love as she was in her wedding to Ji Hoon. I particularly love the scene where she tore of the sleeves of her dress - she knew it did not matter how she looked as what was most important was how happy & contented she was getting married to JH. His emotional response also clearly showed how moved he was. The 1st marriage may have lacked many things , but there was true love and connection between her and JH ( despite her not knowing what JH did) . With Derek, it felt more like she was won over by the comfortable life and attention  he could give her , the security and stability she did not get in her 1st marriage.

And I loved that scene too of JH hacking into the signal of the secret camera in her room. He was so jealous of her helping Derek wear the coat. Sigh, I feel so much for him. He obviously didn't want to let her go then. But anyway it was good he discovered that it was Derek who had planted the camera there. It will start to click that Derek part of Helmes soon.

Given the failure of her 1st marriage, she seems alot more careful  in this 2nd marriage and seemed to have decided to be less confrontational about things that bugged her. She had clearly wanted to ask about Derek's ties with Sophie but rationalised that it wasn't a good idea. So I am glad she got to witness the conversation Derek had with the DDK group heir. A Reum is quite quick to catch on to things so I am looking forward to her doing some "detective work" tonight cause it would mean some scenes of her with JH. :D

Preview ep 7

• Heart Eyes 2

Well said @abs-oluteM. I felt the same as you too. But I have to say though the courtship and proposal by Derek got me swooning. Almost having SLS haha... 

I really don’t know and very curious how the writer will get her out of the current marriage. It’s clear the end game will be AR and JH. Will the marriage with Derek be nullified because he actually got married under an alias? Will he die? Will AR get soooo upset that she choose to divorce Derek? 

Except for this drama, I have not watched my other two Wed-Thurs dramas. I think I am on withdrawal after 18 Again 🤣

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

59 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Except for this drama, I have not watched my other two Wed-Thurs dramas. I think I am on withdrawal after 18 Again 🤣

I am so busy today . Yet to watch Tale of 9 Tailed. Summore got my c dramas . I am watching too many.  :shocked:

New stills 

• Heart Eyes 2

I watched eps 7. I was glad that we got Derek's POV and I do feel a bit more for him cause prior to this he just felt like a distant character assigned to be the villain. I don't doubt his love for Ah Reum but I do think that she will not possibly stay on once she find out what he really does. Unless he is some sort of double agent, Derek is on the wrong side of the law by trying to steal such strategic secrets .

I am reminded of her dream - she dreamt that one husband would kill another . Is this some forshadowing? Redherring? 

Preview

BTS

• Heart Eyes 2

Finally I had the chance to watch 7 

Just few minutes in, already feeling for Derek. Seems like he will be the one to let go of A-Reum. This lady has no fear. I was on the edge of my seat watching her tailing Tinker. It’s quite amusing to see Tinker hitting it off pretty well with JH. JH is very gutsy. Derek already told him not to touch the covered car and he still went to uncover it 😅

I love the way A-Reum likened Derek to the cream of cakes. Too sweet 😂 only good for decoration. It’s sad though when she realized she doesn’t really know the person she has married. For the second time... 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Yes, finally we have a new episode today...hmmmm...think she will catch Derek spying on him

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201119

Spoiler article translated using Papago

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202011190917028401031_1

Meanwhile, in the released photo, Derek Hyun, who searches his wife's wedding dress shop, and Kang Ah-reum, who found it, are drawing attention. Derrick Hyun, who was caught in the scene, looked very nervous, unlike his usual calm expression. With her arms crossed, Kang is looking at Derek Hyun with complex eyes. In the following photo, Derek Hyun, who is completely depressed whether he is being interrogated by Kang Ah-reum or being nagged, causes laughter. In Kang-reum's sturdy hand, which holds the chair tightly, she shows her willingness to uncover all of her husband's secrets. Indeed, it stimulates curiosity about how Derek Hyun will avoid this crisis.

Earlier, Kang was shocked to learn that Derek Hyun and Sophie were old lovers. On top of that, more doubts are raised  as she saw Derek Hyun and his secret conversation with Kim Dong-taek (played by Jang Jae-ho), Tinker's identity, and the existence of wiretapping devices installed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Derek Hyun is also nervous about his secret. This adds to the question of whether Derek Hyun will be able to reveal his secret and become an honest couple.

In the eighth episode, which will be broadcast today (19th), it depicts Jeon Ji-hoon and Derek Hyun, contacting genius hacker Daedonggang Water Sujebi (played by Ahn Hee-yeon) to decode Sophie's research data. The selection of the Daedong Water Sujebi will have a big impact on the intelligence battle between the secret police and industrial spies. The production crew of "Spy Who Loved Me" said, "Jeon Ji-hoon, who is setting a trap to reveal the identity of Derrick , and Kang-reum's activities will be exciting," adding, "The three people's spy war will be heating up as time goes by. Please wait and see what changes are waiting.

• Heart Eyes 2

Eps 8 was so good, and sad this drama is not getting more love as it really is coming together nicely. I like how the story is developing. They are not pushing the romance to favour anyone as Ah Reum is still married to Derek, and is not at the point where she wants to pull the plug on the marriage despite the shocking things that she has discovered about what Derek does. Despite me hoping for her & Ji Hoon to reunite, I do see the sincerity in Derek. Like JH , he may have lied about his profession or rather not reveal what he does on the side. But there's no question about how much he loves Ah Reum, and what she means to him. And after last night, I don't think Derek killed Sophie . Tinker could the one , and he did it without Derek's knowledge. I have doubts about Tinker's loyalty to Derek. 

Anyway let me backtrack a bit

So many key things happened because both Ah Reum and Ji Hoon had tailed Derek who went and met Sophie's "stalker", Peter.  We discover that Peter has never been able to pursue Sophie  despite having such a crush on her because he felt he wasn't good enough. I wonder if he knew that Sophie had dated Derek. Peter was hoping Derek would avenge Sophie but Derek's main objective is just to retrieve Sophie's research. But the important part to that whole scene was that Ah Reum & JH finally realises that Derek isn't that perfect man he has been painted to be. 

Perhaps because Ah Reum had already been feeling suspicious or perhaps her love for Derek is not as strong, her response & reaction was surprisingly calmer than I had expected. She was indeed very clever to have baited him to her office so that she can catch him snooping around her office. I was somewhat surprised that he confessed and revealed to her a lot of things - clearly she was more important to what he is entangled in. I don't know about whether I can buy his story about how he got involved in such spying activities  , but I guess I will take it at face value.

I love the scenes of JH & Ah Reum together when she handed over his personal belongings. At the time when he had asked her to help her safeguard these photos etc, she perceived it him as a useless bum , still needing the help of his ex wife to do stuff for him. But now that she is aware of the real reasons for his travel, I am sure her perceptions of JH have changed. I know that she has too much on her plate to think about her past with JH. But part of me wonders if there's some sort of longing on her part for the love that she & JH shared. For me it is clear that, JH still has a lot of feelings for her - he understands quite differently from Derek I believe. He knows her in a way that Derek doesn't as I think their love came at a time when she was completely carefree and vulnerable. I also appreciated how he brought her some ramyeon to help her de-stress. I was moved that he told her that she need not reveal everything because the priority was her own safety . He understood the difficult position she was in. Anyway, given how much there is at stake and  how much needs to be sorted  out between her and Derek , I don't know if there will be any time left for JH and her to reconcile. 

• Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM I only managed to watch 8 just now. Tbh, my heart hurts for Derek this episode... but like you said, we don’t know how true his story is. I too believe he isn’t the one who killed Sophie. And yes, Tinker is definitely doing things behind him. I am so curious who their boss would be. So far only wrinkled hands shown. 

JH knows AR better than Derek, that’s for sure. Remember he teased him about not knowing what is AR’s favorite color when he saw the car. 

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

given how much there is at stake and  how much needs to be sorted  out between her and Derek , I don't know if there will be any time left for JH and her to reconcile. 

But we’re only halfway through the drama, plenty of time for a turn-around... but honestly, I am torn between the two hubs now. Unless more is revealed about Derek, I think I will stay in this dilemma 😅 I mean the guy promised to wash his hands off and turn back to her. We see that when he is in his own thoughts too, not just lip-service. I am going to guess something will prevent him from being able to do as he promised, like because of Tinker’s doing? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama Eric looks nice suited ...but I think no suit is good too :pandaevil:

Enr3CAeVEAEE0TO?format=jpg&name=900x900

I wasn't entirely surprise that Derek would agree to Ah Reum's proposal & to work with the Interpol. To his credit , he really does love Ah Reum . But I can tell that she is not in love with Derek ( not the way she was when she was with Ji Hun) . Her approach to the second marriage is a lot more rational - I was surprised with how calm she was. She's older and has matured like she said, and she just wants to preserve what she has. I felt so sad when JH spoke to her outside the shop, he was heartbroken that she is giving Derek a chance, but would not have in their marriage. Did she mean it?

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Haha 2

The good thing is that IQIYI airs it the same time this is shown in SK.

Best parts of eps 10 involve these two...lol! I laughed my head off in so many of their scenes together. The bromance is fun

You know it was sad that Ah Reum is staying on because she did not want to repeat the same mistake she did with JH - that she gave up on JH instead of trying to fight and save their marriage. As much as I want her to reunite JH, I can see where she is coming from . I felt a pain in my heart for JH knowing that it must be so hard to help the husband of the woman you still love. 

But honestly, will she be able to trust Derek in the future? Derek is no low level spy. He wasn't coerced to be in all this - he has been trained & I still think he is putting a up a facade. I believe that Tinker must be tracking Derek's phone . He is likely the one who tip off Kim Dong Teik

Preview for next week

• Heart Eyes 1

On 11/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I felt so sad when JH spoke to her outside the shop, he was heartbroken that she is giving Derek a chance, but would not have in their marriage. Did she mean it?

I only had the chance to watch 9 just now. Yes, the part when they talked outside the shop, I was really feeling so sad for JH. But it’s true that she’s matured and could decide to do things differently. I think she meant it. But in the same episode, I feel sad also for Derek when he was at the hospital telling AR how he felt hearing she got injured.... gah, what is this writer trying to do with the ship? I cried for both the male leads in the same episode!! On a side, how awesome is AR 😎 fighting off the intruder, although I know she will definitely be overpowered... 😓

Okay, on to 10 now...

• Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

On a side, how awesome is AR 😎 fighting off the intruder, although I know she will definitely be overpowered... 😓

It was . The way she handled the scissors. Was quite something.Romance aside , she could end up being some agent herself - after all she’s a sharp shooter & has good instincts ! Just needs some training :D 

new oSt

• Heart Eyes 1

On 11/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

You know it was sad that Ah Reum is staying on because she did not want to repeat the same mistake she did with JH - that she gave up on JH instead of trying to fight and save their marriage. As much as I want her to reunite JH, I can see where she is coming from . I felt a pain in my heart for JH knowing that it must be so hard to help the husband of the woman you still love. 

But honestly, will she be able to trust Derek in the future? Derek is no low level spy. He wasn't coerced to be in all this - he has been trained & I still think he is putting a up a facade. I believe that Tinker must be tracking Derek's phone . He is likely the one who tip off Kim Dong Teik

I still think she will eventually reunite with JH, although at this point it seems that Derek is on their side, I am sure something will make him betray the Interpol, probably in exchange for AR’s safety. Somehow in ep.10, it was repeated so many times that Derek is not trustworthy. He definitely has been trained to circumvent the lie detector, so there is still the possibility of him being the one who killed Sophie.  

Agree that Derek is not a low level spy and he in fact played the crucial role in the 2013 case instead of just translating documents. I don’t think Tinker will be able to tap his phone though. Seems like Derek is higher level than Tinker. I think they’re going with the mole inside Interpol. Could be the Sunbae that’s been taking care of JH. I feel like they’ve been setting up all these caring gestures from him so that the impact will be greater when it’s revealed he really is the one. It will probably affect JH a lot too since he sees him as family. 

Anyway, I really appreciate the balance of tension, heartfelt moments and humor in this drama. I was in stitches for certain scenes in episode 9 and 10 🤣

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Could be the Sunbae that’s been taking care of JH. I feel like they’ve been setting up all these caring gestures from him so that the impact will be greater when it’s revealed he really is the one. It will probably affect JH a lot too since he sees him as family. 

Omg , you're right...it didn't strike me...oh nooooo. That man is like family to JH. But now that you said it , it makes sense. 

I love this drama the most now among the few k dramas that I watch because they have properly developed the plot. The acting is also good & the spy stuff is fun too. I quite like the scenes of Seo Ra going undercover at the Chinese restaurant. It makes me laugh. That poor fella is gonna be hard broken when he finds out she's a spy out to catch him or get info. 

BTS ...the fountain scene had me in stitches!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

I quite like the scenes of Seo Ra going undercover at the Chinese restaurant. It makes me laugh. That poor fella is gonna be hard broken when he finds out she's a spy out to catch him or get info. 

Yeah, but still, each time she is there I always worry that she’d be found out. Because she is always alone by herself going in there. That guy seems like a fool but he could be sharp and scary too. 

😂 those two petty kiddies... the fountain scene, the bridal secret room scene, the restaurant scene... 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif