The Spies Who Loved Me 💋 - [2020]

ktcjdrama

Oh yay new episodes today!

d6adea34-ca04-4cb0-8b55-f341bee9ee42.jpg

Autotranslated from: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/299629

In the last broadcast, the first missions of Jeon Ji-hoon, Kang A-reum, and Derek Hyun were drawn. Their first target was Dong-taek Kim (Jae-ho Jang), the eldest son of DDK Group, who contacted Industrial Spy Helmes to obtain important information on national projects. Derek Hyun lured him to the meeting place by leaking false information that he had secured artificial solar technology. However, Kim Dong-taek, who received a phone call from someone, quickly left the scene and faced a crisis. There is a suspicion of the presence of an internal spy who stole information Jun Ji-hoon, Kang A-reum, and Derek Hyun's espionage began to flow in a more unpredictable direction.

Meanwhile, in the released photo, Jeon Ji-hoon and Derek Hyun are confronting each other while grasping the flesh. Somehow, disappointment and disbelief pass by when they stare at each other sharply. The two decided to cooperate with the goal of protecting Kang Ah-reum, but when the operation failed, the day was revealed. Kang Ah-reum's face as he looks at the two men facing each other without retreating is also complicated. Interest is focused on who is the person who leaked information to Kim Dong-taek and whether their cooperation can continue.

In episode 11, broadcast today (2nd), a new operation of Jeon Ji-hoon, Kang A-reum, and Derek Hyun will unfold. The production crew of'The Spy Who Loved Me' said, “New cases that shake the espionage war of Jeon Ji-hoon, Kang A-reum and Derek Hyun are unfolding. "Please look forward to how the three will overcome the crisis," he said. "Who are those who closely tighten the three, and please pay attention to the shock reversal."

new OST

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

39 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow, what an interesting turn! I can’t wait for next episode!! 

Same ! So good.  I got no time to write my long winded post but the bromance was so funny . I might like it even more than the romance  Also what surprised me was that she’d end up in jail & that JH is being suspected as the mole . So can we trust Derek or not ? 

Preview 

• Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Same ! So good.  I got no time to write my long winded post but the bromance was so funny . I might like it even more than the romance  Also what surprised me was that she’d end up in jail & that JH is being suspected as the mole . So can we trust Derek or not ? 

Yeah, I don’t have time to write long comments also. It’s the last month of the year and there’s quite a bit that I need to get done. 

Love the bromance so much too! Finally they’re working together. Fingers crossed that Derek remains straight until the end. At this point, I really don’t mind AR staying married to him and not have to get back with JH. Now that two out of the three are detained, what will Derek do? 

Is that guy Peter going to die?? I actually feel sad for him. I hope he won’t die.... 

• Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Aaaaaaahhhh!!!! @abs-oluteM You have to quickly watch ep.12. A lot of things happened. The ending.... I am so torn. But it’s pretty certain for me now, that Derek will probably has no chance in the marriage anymore. He will let go and sacrifice himself. His mother is Helmes, I am pretty sure. Remember she spilled the red wine on AR’s wedding dress and looking from afar. She finally made appearance this episode. Not a simple lady. 

I teared up 3 times in this episode. Derek 1 vs JH 2. When Derek said he loves AR and gave her fingerhearts during prison visitation time. And when AR found out the truth about JH staging the cheating on her, and the last part when she confronted JH. Then the cliffhanger... Aaaaaahhh....!!! And then they stopped filming because YIN not feeling well and had taken the swab test as precaution. I don’t know if we will get new episodes or not next week!

• Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

ooooooo @ktcjdrama I have watched. I stayed till 1 am plus :shocked: I am also torn and yes eps 12 turned on the waterworks for me especially the last 5 mins between AR and JH - that whole part moved me a lot. 

I feel bad for Derek because there's no denying his love and sincerity for AR. And I know AR loves him too or she has chosen to love and care for him , and if JH had not walked back into her life , they would have stayed married. But I also want AR to reunite with JH because clearly that is where her heart has always been. She just buried all her feelings in anger & resentment because she thought JH cheated on her. He is really the world's biggest noble idiot. I don't know if that was the right thing for him to do but I guess at that time he had no choice but to cut her off.

And you hit the nail on the head with regards to Team Manager Kang ( the old man) - he is the mole! And I was surprised that Derek's mum is part of Helmes or is Helmes itself. You're right , Derek given how deep and entangled he is with Helmes might choose to give her up for her own safety. Sad. I understand why he wanted to run away because there's no way he would escape his mum's clutches. 

I hope nothing serious happened to YIN...yikes. This drama is really such a nice watch...more people should check it out given how well it balances romance , comedy and spy stuff. Plot also very good.

• Heart Eyes 1

Preview for ep 13

rough translations:

DA: I know what kind of feelings you have towards Jeon Ji Hoon, but don't get caught

DH: I told you to not lie to me. I can see through your lies

AR: Uhh.. Why does it get twisted like this?

YG: I found the location of Jang Doo Bong and Team Manager Kang

Ban: My team's fate relies on this hand. Okay?

AR: Why my mother-in-law appears in Helmes...

Ban: Can you catch Kang Ah Reum at the last minute?

JH: You only have 2 choices. Pretend that you know nothing or run away

DH: Mother, I want to stop

Mother: My daughter-in-law, who made you become like this? I will punish them

• Thanks 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

DA: I know what kind of feelings you have towards Jeon Ji Hoon, but don't get caught

Thanks for the translations @LaLa. I think the drama is hinting at AR going back to JH but I wonder if there is sufficient time for all that since we're down to the last 4 episodes.

I love JH but at the same time I feel so sad for Derek

Stills for tonight

2020120909282900764d3244b4fed18217218612

• Heart Eyes 1

Fortunately IQiYi releases at the same time as in SK , so I got to watch eps 13. 

While there are some unresolved feelings for JH, I do think that AR intends on staying on with Derek which is why she used Sophie's pen drive as a bargaining chip to secure safe passage for herself & Derek. But I do wonder if that means that what she did breaks the law ? Isn't she in a way selling intelligence to someone else apart from the government? Also if she & Derek do get a safe passage out, they'd be living under a different identity and may constantly need to be on the run -  would that be something that AR would want to do for the rest of her life? The best outcome really is for them to bring down Derek's mum, and for AR and Derek be under some sort of witness programme.

Derek's mum is no joke - I was shocked she got her husband killed . So it was no surprise after that, that she'd consider AR a burden to Derek and would want Tinker to get rid of her. This episode had me feeling terribly sad for Derek because he's been groomed all his life to do this. Derek was already upset as he knows that AR has some feelings for JH left.  And he also knows that his mum is not someone who will let him or AR go so easily . AR knows that now too . So as in per preview , it is implied that  AR may hoodwink JH into believing that they are going to get Derek's mum , but in fact she's actually trying to buy a way out for Derek. Or was all that an act to fool Derek's mum?

I don't actually know now whether AR will end up with JH or Derek or no one. From the earlier voiceover ,we know that AR isn't exactly madly in love with Derek . She didn't hug him when he needed it most etc. Something holds her back.  Think she makes a conscious effort on her part to be good to him because she does not want a second failed marriage as what she told JH when they were at the hospital. She seems quite certain that her meeting JH again was for closure - which may be true. It really is quite sad because I know how much JH still loves her . Also I do wonder (like JH's boss pointed out ) -  if she really breaks the law , would JH be able to bring her in?

ZcGZz4J.png

• Heart Eyes 1

The ending of eps 14 is creating doubts in my mind now!! Is Derek's  mum pulling a fast one - or is Derek winning the game here because he had all this calculated ? Gosh my trust levels have been like a yoyo . Both JH and Derek's mum said that Derek is cold and calculating. So I think it is possible that Derek could have killed Sophie but continues to play the repented spy & pushes it all on the mum? And it will be a win-win since Ah Reum will remain with him and he gets to go off scot free . Is that why he told JH to let him go so seriously when they were at the rooftop?  But then again JH seems to have a lot of faith in Derek & even in the preview he told AR that Derek can't be Sophie's killer.

Ignoring the ending , I was honestly all ready for Derek & Ah Reum to stay together. JH seems to even have given his blessings indirectly telling Derek that the latter should not give up on Ah Reum. There was some genuine empathy or understanding between the two men towards the end as they realised that they had both put someone they truly care for behind bars. I definitely teared up for JH when he had to arrest Kang. Kang was pretty much the closest thing he had to a father figure .

Anyway I rewatched the preview a few times , and I have a feeling that Derek's "death" is staged with JH's help. I think Derek is leaving AR and has gotten JH's help to do so. What do you think

@ktcjdrama @LaLa?

Preview

@mademoiselle I really like this drama for some reason. The latest developments are quite good. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Finally caught up!

@abs-oluteM You said exactly what’s in my mind in the post above. It made me really wonder if Derek did kill Sophie. I would think not because those dirty jobs are probably given to Tinker. He is still out there, so we still have grounds to cover since we have 2 episodes left. (ETA: o wait, Derek did kill the Japanese guy, didn’t he?)

I cried as well when the two men had their rooftop talk, during Kang’s arrest, and when in Derek’s hospital room after both arrests. 

I felt that JH knows Derek better and yes I am also suspecting that his death is staged so as to leave AR. Btw, the Chinese subs of what Derek is requesting JH said “Spare me” or “Pardon me”. Not sure what word is used for the Korean language. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 12/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway I rewatched the preview a few times , and I have a feeling that Derek's "death" is staged with JH's help. I think Derek is leaving AR and has gotten JH's help to do so. What do you think

@ktcjdrama @LaLa?

There's a possibility that Derek stage his death with the help of Ji Hoon. He has been mentioning about disappeared for several times to Ji Hoon when they are talking to each other. I guess he feels that he has disappointed Ah Reum too much and couldn't bare to see her trying so hard to love him back just because she didn't want their marriage to fail. 

@mademoiselle are you watching this drama too? Derek got a car accident while trying to protect Ah Reum from being hit by Tinker and bang his head quite hard. I think there's some nerve damages because of that hit and affected his sight. According to the doctor he will recover well if he's not under stress. From the preview ep 15, he can see fine while trying to catch Tinker by himself. But why they cover his eyes with bandage, I have no idea LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

14 hours ago, LaLa said:

are you watching this drama too? Derek got a car accident while trying to protect Ah Reum from being hit by Tinker and bang his head quite hard. I think there's some nerve damages because of that hit and affected his sight. According to the doctor he will recover well if he's not under stress. From the preview ep 15, he can see fine while trying to catch Tinker by himself. But why they cover his eyes with bandage, I have no idea LOL

Hahaha it is weird he bandaged his eyes. Maybe as a disguise to let the enemies think he's down. Thank you for the summary. I was watching but having more & more difficulty concentrating and ended up just playing with my phone while it was on so I decided to stop. 

• Like 2
Just now, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Any chance for your ship to sail? :brb: I will wait for you to update me the ending, hahaha.

I dunno...down to last two episodes. Part of me hopes really hard but I also pity Derek ( assuming he didn't kill Sophie) Maybe open ending...

• Haha 2