When I Was The Most Beautiful/ When I Was The Prettiest ( 내가 가장 예뻤을 때) [2020]

@stroppyse it’s a sad drama , and very angsty especially after seeing  how the plot is moving today . But don’t ask me why I’m still watching lol . 

———————

oh wow .....did she marry Jin . I am certain they did love each other . But now poor Hwan . He’s going to be in love with the brother’s wife :nervous:

Spoiler

And the preview . What to even make of this ? Are they gonna cause Jin to hv an accident & he becomes badly injured and perhaps can no longer race ? 

BTS 

Spoiler

• Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Eps 5 spoiler

This drama is killing me , :lol:...they dedicated the episode to YJ and Jin's married life. It wasn't easy as they had a tough time from the awful aunt . And that one kind ex girlfriend of Jin still won't let him go. But nevertheless, Jin was very protective of her and they were happy...kiss scene

Well...here is where they are sticking to the sad melodrama genre. I think Jin goes for a race and something really bad happened to him. Don't know if he's dead or badly injured or what , I might cry 

Spoiler

And in the next preview...there is a time jump , she's still pining/ grieving  for him and Hwan is trying to get some sense to her. Her mum in law seems awful to her.. urggh

• Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

47 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Am I supposed to like Ha Suk Jin's character @abs-oluteM? He cut the rope and now is acting like a traumatized victim. I wonder if Jisoo knows that big bro cut the rope. Gahhhh

No idea. I like him though despite that . They were kids then , so that’s how i see it . But this drama won’t end well for my oppa HSJ for sure . I’m just here for the self torture since I have been waiting for his come back to the silver screen for more than 2 years . The normal  viewer would & should be on Team Hwan ( Ji Soo) :lenny:. I’m not a normal viewer, since I’m watching with a bias . Lol ! 

• Heart Eyes 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

No idea. I like him though despite that . They were kids then , so that’s how i see it . But this drama won’t end well for my oppa HSJ for sure . I’m just here for the self torture since I have been waiting for his come back to the silver screen for more than 2 years . The normal  viewer would & should be on Team Hwan ( Ji Soo) :lenny:. I’m not a normal viewer, since I’m watching with a bias . Lol ! 

Hahahaha. I know how watching with a bias feels :heiboi:. I'm on no team but I don't like that HSJ character is acting like he was wronged in the accident. I don't understand his inner turmoil. Meanwhile Jisoo's character I hope ends with someone else. Teacher already married your bro 😆.

What is the age difference between the bros? Dad said they have a huge age difference, not just a few years. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

What is the age difference between the bros? Dad said they have a huge age difference, not just a few years. Lol

I think should be close to a decade. When Hwan was in high school , Jin had already completed uni & did his two years in military. He was also racing before that.

• Like 1

I am behind on this drama . But somewhat know what’s going on 

new stills for tonight 

Big time jump .. Hwan all grown up

This BTS had so many HaSeokJin scenes 

Spoiler

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 1

@abs-oluteM, still haven't brought myself to be able to watch this, but in the ep 6 preview, Hwan had mentioned that 3 years have passed and that she should give up on Jin. So, I take it that Jin had disappeared rather than died. She retorts that even if she could give up on Jin, she wouldn't go to Hwan, wanting to know why Hwan had come back. Hwan says it's because he's missed her and wanted to see her. Oof. So much angst!

Plus, the whole brother versus brother for a woman, one who has already married one of the brothers leaves me with an icky feeling. No matter how much I like Ji Soo and Ha Seok Jin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse! Urggh I know I’m also setting myself up for heartache watching a love triangle that involves two brothers. But what to do . I just need to find out now what will happen . Lol!  

I may just lurk on this thread until the end then. So feel free to post lots of spoilers. Maybe if the story turns out okay, I'll binge watch afterwards. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay so JIn had some kind of accident and then disappeared/or died! I think he is just missing. His ex is somehow involved with the accident. And now Hwan is looking his brother. When ever he gets a call in hospital/morgue he goes to check if it his brother. 

Jin Mother is awful but she´s grieving. Not believing that her son is dead. 

Yeji mother is out of prison. 

Hwan is still in love with his brother wife.  I still don´t know what to think about this triangle but I decided that I wont bother to think about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

@joccu__ They weren't kidding about this being a sad melodrama . Lol!....

I saw some cuts for tonight and I know that Hwan wants her to just move on but she just cannot seem to ...

@stroppyse can you help to translate these , if time permits. Thanks

• Like 1

Translation of the first clip

This clip starts just after Hwan tells Ye Jin to leave the house.

YJ: Am I really that nothing now? What right do you have to make a fuss and tell me to come or go?
H: Then what should I be doing instead? Should I be saying that with father, the three of us should try to have a nice, cozy life? Do I have to do that? What in the world are you waiting for here? Do you think you are still an orphan child? You’re an adult now. You are a legal adult who can live on her own.
YJ: Why did you change so much like this? Are you the Seo Hwan that I know?
H: It’s just that you didn’t know me.
YJ: Why are you insulting me like this?
H: A person who has gone willingly into a hole by herself, I’m trying to pull her out and toss her.
YJ: It’s my choice!
Hwan: Prepare yourself. I’m going to do my best to get you out of this house.
YJ: Do you have to be like this to me? Maybe you shouldn’t returned instead. Without you, I was able to live. I was able to endure!. Just go back! Why in the world did you come back?!
H: Because I missed you! No longer…was I able to restrain myself.

Oof. The pain.

• Thanks 2

Translation of the episode 8 preview

Father: You’re saying that our Jin is still alive, aren’t you? He’s at the school now?
H: Then why in the world didn’t he come?!
J: I don’t want to see them.
YJ: He’s someone who has had such a hard time, he could have made a decision like that.
H: It’s been 7 years. Even if I could just leave it alone, I won’t give up.
YJ: To me, you always appear as a youth in his teens.
H: Can’t you just see me?
H: I’m not saying that I’m going to be Oh Ye Jin’s man! I’m not asking you to be my woman either.
YJ: Ruining your life in order to take care of me, don’t do that.
H: That’s what I want to do. Ruin my life.

So much pain... and you're asking me to translate pain. Just wanted you to realize that @abs-oluteM. :nya:

Seeing Hwan cry...:cry:

• Sad 3

Thanks loads @stroppyse ......I don't even know why I am putting myself through this drama ...I feel bad for Hwan - good to see Ji Soo take on such a role . I don't know though if I can get behind their romance as YJ is still pining for Jin . I need to know why Jin abandoned her? Looks like we can only see Jin back in the picture next week

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks loads @stroppyse ......I don't even know why I am putting myself through this drama ...I feel bad for Hwan - good to see Ji Soo take on such a role . I don't know though if I can get behind their romance as YJ is still pining for Jin . I need to know why Jin abandoned her? Looks like we can only see Jin back in the picture next week

Not sure how I feel about that preview. It seems as if Hwan is going in for a kiss from YJ, but if she's still hung up on his brother, that's pretty ick. I can't believe that I would not be excited over a Ji Soo kiss scene. sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@joccu__ @stroppyse  yay finally Ha Seok Jin is back tonight.

So me still hanging on to know what happened ..so Jin is back. I feel motivated now. Seems like he has become paralysed ...is this why he has been hiding? Or was he in a coma? They finally found him and he was brought back home. And seems that he cannot take his condition. He did not want to see her at first...they weren't kidding when they said this was a sad melodrama 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Preview....Jin sees pics of Hwan and her...given his condition, he's gonna feel even more insecure

BTS

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@abs-oluteM I don´t why I still haven´t given this up. there is no way this drama is going to end up happy. 

Now it looks like jin cheated his wife while he was "dead" with his crazy ex-gf. 

jin and hwan´s mom made some kind of deal with the ex-gf recarding the mom´s company. 

there too much crazy and too much angst. 

Edited by joccu__
  • Insightful 1

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

@joccu__ I read about the cheating and I’m shocked  . I initially thought he hid from her because of his condition & that he didn’t want to burden her. Now , we find he’s been such a jerk .They are practically writing Jin’s character as the bad person here. 
Every episode, I check the cuts & it’s alway full of tears ! Lol 

Think there are no episodes today due to the chuseok holiday? But this was supposed to be the preview

BTS eps 11-12

Spoiler

Chuseok greetings 

• Heart Eyes 1

• 2 weeks later...