Who Rules The World 且试天下 [2022]

NiteWalker

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

their name is the same however their surname is diff

Their hero names are clever. They are similar as "Feng Xi", but also seemingly different as one is black "Hei" and the other is white "Bai". I think the intro suggests that they are like yin and yang. Supposed to be opposites, but they are actually complimentary forces to each other and important in maintaining harmony. This may be why their pairing in the story will play a key role in restoring peace within the states.

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

i think Feng Lanxi knows that xiyun is BFX... BFX is Xiyun...

It's not clear to me yet if he knows, but it would explain why he would go to such great lengths to help and save her (multiple times). Plus, he has been keeping tabs on her.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, peperomia said:

Their hero names are clever. They are similar as "Feng Xi", but also seemingly different as one is black "Hei" and the other is white "Bai". I think the intro suggests that they are like yin and yang. Supposed to be opposites, but they are actually complimentary forces to each other and important in maintaining harmony. This may be why their pairing in the story will play a key role in restoring peace within the states.

yes....Bai FengXi like to call Mr. FengXi as Hei HuLi - commonly known as black wolf while in the direct way....they are calling the character full of cunning way to con ppl or to make ppl falls into their trap....

i believe Bai FengXi see herself as very righteous in a sense from the way she interacted with Hei hahaha...it will be less confusing if we call Mr. FengXi as Hei (black) and Bai FengXi as Bai ...definitely alot easier hahhha

just like YingYang where there are white and black to balance the forces of nature :smile: where black cant work alone and white cant stand alone either without one another to support each other....

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@peperomia in ep 10 , Feng Qiwu proposes marriage to LanXi but he avoids it... 

in book , there is a sequence when huang chuaran shows her interest to marry FLX and he also reciprocates the same but in the end , he does not go through it .... he chooses to followw BFX.... that was the moment when BFX learns Huang Chunran's father's intention to attack Qingzhou. Since she knows that her father is not well , she decides to embrace her identity of Feng Xiyun - the princess of Qingzhou , later king. she single handedly fights the army and wins the battle. Feng Lanxi was there to witness it. though there has not been any discussion of marriage between them but it was implied . in his deathbed , king of Qingzhou gives his blessing to FLX and tells BFX that its ok to merge with another state . she should not hold herself responsible. so it was not very clear at what point FLX gets to know about BFX real identity but he knows. She asked how long he knew. He does not answer her directly. He does things for BFX since day 1 but he had aspiration. He was almost about to marry Huang Chunran but suddenly he decides not to and that was very abrupt. i think around that time he got to know about it.

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Sorry. RL got a bit busy. I'm really only watching Tomorrow and Liberation Diary right now.

Is this drama good?

i like the drama .... maybe because i read the novel and YY & ZLS - both look heavenly to me.... but a lot of people might not like it. ...lol..

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

This is me every time I watch a costume drama. So many characters, so many names to learn. :BulbaConfused:

Everyone is so fast! I'm only on episode 2! :laugh:

I just finished episode 5, been taking my time to watch @Tofu . Glad to see you here . Reading the subs and keeping up is kinda hard for me, been rewinding over and over again

@movingwheel. Spoiler Question please 

Spoiler

. I started ep 6 but had to stop because Feng LanXi’s back story .

Feng Chan - -> Eldest Prince  I need help is he full blooded brother or half brother to Lan Xi.  He seems so nice to his brother and worry about him too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara

Spoiler

Feng Chang is half brother.... son to baili and the king. Baili is partial towards her other son Feng Ju. Feng Chang and Feng Ju are related by blood. However , Princess Yige , FLX's mother used to treat Feng Chang as her own. so he loves FLX at least thats what he shows. At Ep 10 , it has been shown that he has Epilepsy and if somebody finds out about his disease , he and his men kill those people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@Tofu i have known this story by heart.... both huang chao and FLX are my fav character more than BFX and Yu Wuyuan actually...

they both are morally correct but both have huge ambition and they clash... but they hold mutual respect for each other.... and all 3 of them loved BFX in their own way.....but power comes first....only FLX sacrifices his lust for power because of BFX.... and Yuwuyuan chooses to embrace death because death is the only option to escape the curse Yu family is bearing. The last sentence of the book is - some people have no love in life , death was their homecoming. It is after Yu Wuyuan dies. even after winning the world ,he did not want to be in this world to enjoy luxuries. he chose not to expand his family tree just to end the blood curse of his life. 

Okay i think i keep on blabbering about novel. I should control myself before bringing more analogy.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

The stills they release are already released episodes for VIP members. but i am not complaining..... those high resolution photos are lovely...

Oh my God !!!! Who Rules The World will be in netflix since april 28th.... This is like the BESTEST news EVER @UnniSara @peperomia @stroppyse @NiteWalker

Just tagging whosoever is coming to my mind...

best move on netflix's part ....acquiring the drama when it is iron hot...

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

The still on the right is the shot from the intro of episode 1 where I thought HFX and BFX look like yin and yang together.

Here is the official OST MV. Love love the fight/battle scenes!

I was telling my mom that I haven't enjoyed a wuxia drama so much in ages. This one...the romance gives me total heart-eyes, but the jiang hu, politics and succession battle also makes the story equally captivating. It is interesting seeing how the different characters prioritizes power, family and love and how they affect their choices.

======

@movingwheel Great news that the drama will air on Netflix. I assume it will follow the VIP episode format? I am currently watching it on Tencent, but Netflix too would be a plus.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1

@peperomia in book, both had feelings for each other but very subtle but yu wuyuan can't get married ! Here it's like mutual respect.

Lanxi was jealous in book as well.

I loved the scene too but I loved more that Lanxi looking over them and when he understood that they are just competing , he had that small smile on his face.... That smile was to die for.

BTW, the OST is in my repeat playlist who le day. I am loving it. 

I saw that sneak peek , just wondering whether it's before she declares that she is xiyun or after she declares.

Few more things I have to share , that i will do when I am on laptop.

• Like 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

I'm caught up to episode 12. Are you guys on episode 18?

I enjoyed the show but I'm also :PsyWhat: so many times Feng Lan Xi is not being cautious, wandering on the streets freely with Bai Feng Xi when there's so many people want him fail (I'd think there are many eyes spying on him). Even now the older brother knows he's pretending to be sick. :PikachuFacePalm: It's unlike him.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
39 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

in book, both had feelings for each other but very subtle but yu wuyuan can't get married ! Here it's like mutual respect.

Lanxi was jealous in book as well.

Yes, YWY cannot live past the age of 30 so he suppresses his feelings. It seems YWY does like BFX. He was thinking of her when Huang Chao's younger sister was playing the zither for him. However, BFX only highly respects as a notable figure in jiang hu.

45 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

I saw that sneak peek , just wondering whether it's before she declares that she is xiyun or after she declares.

I think it will take place after BFX is revealed as FXY.  It would make more sense as how she is able to enter the palace, etc.

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm caught up to episode 12. Are you guys on episode 18?

I enjoyed the show but I'm also :PsyWhat: so many times Feng Lan Xi is not being cautious, wandering on the streets freely with Bai Feng Xi when there's so many people want him fail (I'd think there are many eyes spying on him). Even now the older brother knows he's pretending to be sick. :PikachuFacePalm: It's unlike him.

Yay, you're watching it too. No, just up to episode 12 has aired so far, but I see previews up to episode 18 on Tencent.

I know what you mean about FLX becoming less cautious and it is unlike him. I think it's starting to show that because of his love for BFX, he is willing to put a lot at risk.

I completely understand why his older brother is upset about him lying about his health. I hope he will listen to his uncle that FLX must have his reasons, but FC has trauma due his mother's abandonment. So, I am worried that his view that FLX has been dishonest with him may not be repairable.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, movingwheel said:

how can we watch episode 18 when tencent VIP itself broadcasted till Ep 12???

The previews for episode 13-18 were released a few days ago. I think WeTV usually does a good job releasing the previews. Here's the video for it:

WeTV also released a bunch of BTS of both leads (their interactions are cute!). 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 4

Main OST video.... Just to tell you guys , actually the main antagonist are not feng ju and queen baili... It's huang chao and yu wuyuan.... Feng Lanxi will indeed ascent the throne after marrying queen Feng Xiyun of Qingzhou... Yongzhou  and Qingzhou will become one state and on the other side , Huang Chao will be another formidable force as prince of Beizhou after marrying Hua xhunran of Youzhou. Thus the fight for the world and the question- who rules the world?

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Are you watching this too @Tofu?

20 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle wake up ! Wake up ! Wake up ! Its a brand new day !!😃😃😃

how can we watch episode 18 when tencent VIP itself broadcasted till Ep 12??? 🤦🏽🤦🏽🤭🤭😛😛

Coz I saw the preview trailer and you said NF would drop 18 episodes so I assumed the VIP has aired 18 episodes! :P

Would be nice if NF drops all of them :lmao2: Save me the trouble waiting. I was having trouble remembering what I've watched in E12 because I'm watching China Special Forces and so many other dramas too.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@peperomia by the way , have you seen the officially released music video where they are at war? They shot for like 4 months for this. Huang Chao fighting BFX !

it has a lot of extra scenes.... YY as a Warrior and King !

The Song is too good !!!

@mademoiselle Netflix is coming up on 28th.....prior to that we will already have 18 episodes on VIP.... therefore i think that they will release those together and then from next week on real time basis...!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

21 hours ago, peperomia said:

Yay, you're watching it too. No, just up to episode 12 has aired so far, but I see previews up to episode 18 on Tencent.

I know what you mean about FLX becoming less cautious and it is unlike him. I think it's starting to show that because of his love for BFX, he is willing to put a lot at risk.

I completely understand why his older brother is upset about him lying about his health. I hope he will listen to his uncle that FLX must have his reasons, but FC has trauma due his mother's abandonment. So, I am worried that his view that FLX has been dishonest with him may not be repairable.

Hahaha hey, lovely to meet you here! Yeah, all for YY... I usually don't watch C-dramas. Kdramas have kept me busy enough.

I think from what I've read, FLX's older brother is a villain in the novel. :thinking:

@movingwheel @bai I read/saw from weibo, YY and his co-stars had a live broadcast yesterday and he mentioned his next drama he'll play a firefighter. Man, this boy just wants to be dirty all the time huh? xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle yes .... the older and younger brothers.... both cospire together against feng lanxi... During inauguration of King Qing (BFX as in Feng Xiyun - she took the charge for Qingzhou) as Feng Lanxi Wife, there is an assassination attempt... LanXi knew about it but did not do anything about it... His father gets badly hurt... he did not exactly try to save him ...so in the end , The Older King had to hang his sons...because whatever hapenned , it hapenned in front of public..!

so in short , Lanxi killed two birds with one stone. In the book , FLX is not exactly a positive character completely but he genuinely cared about BFX. despite all these negativity , I could not stop myself from falling for FLX. Yang Yang or No Yang yang. Of course him being casted is a cherry on top. its like Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries. 

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@movingwheel when it was revealed (in drama) that his birth mother was the current Queen, I immediately thought he's becoming untrustworthy and going by the development now, it'll only be true that he'll soon join the dark sides. By the way, Lan Xi and the younger brother both know the elder brother's brother is current Queen, right? This is the part I'm a bit confused with because the drama was showing she didn't want to acknowledge him or let the king know...

Spoiler

Wait... didn't FLX step down and let his eldest brother be the king because of Feng Xi? Or this hit two birds with one stone is later on?

I just know that there was a battle later and he wasn't going to interfere when Huang Chao attack Feng Xi's country but in the end he sacrifice his power to save her (and became white haired). Then they both retired from Jiang Hu (not sure what you called this in English).

• Like 2