Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆 [2021]

@Hyacinth0910 - Ahh...that's good to know! I know Yang Chao Yue because she's in that variety show right now with Hou Ming Hao. They are my favorite couple because of how much they bicker and banter. Haha! I feel like I remember watching how Rocket Girls came together. Is this the one that Yamy is in? 

I'm up to episode 15 now and as I was telling @UnniSara on discord, it's hard not to like the drama. As they are all exploring their marital soul (soul power) and learning more about what's going on in the world, you become invested in their characters. I really hope that the drama continues to give us more of how they all grow into their marital powers. Ou Si Ke's martial power is so awesome and fitting for him. It's a bit embarrassing but I love it so much too. :laugh:

I think it's pretty great that they have these support martial powers to help and heal everyone. I also like seeing Tang San's blue green grass martial power evolving too. 

In the episode from last night (episode 15), it seems like Xiao Wu knew the Titan Ape (can't remember his exact name). I wonder if this is what she means by "being raised by a monkey". Is the ape the monkey that raised her? 

By the way, I learned that the episodes get added to Tencent Video around 10:30pm CST. :yayaya:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Hyacinth0910 - Ahh...that's good to know! I know Yang Chao Yue because she's in that variety show right now with Hou Ming Hao. They are my favorite couple because of how much they bicker and banter. Haha! I feel like I remember watching how Rocket Girls came together. Is this the one that Yamy is in? 

I'm up to episode 15 now and as I was telling @UnniSara on discord, it's hard not to like the drama. As they are all exploring their marital soul (soul power) and learning more about what's going on in the world, you become invested in their characters. I really hope that the drama continues to give us more of how they all grow into their marital powers. Ou Si Ke's martial power is so awesome and fitting for him. It's a bit embarrassing but I love it so much too. :laugh:

I think it's pretty great that they have these support martial powers to help and heal everyone. I also like seeing Tang San's blue green grass martial power evolving too. 

In the episode from last night (episode 15), it seems like Xiao Wu knew the Titan Ape (can't remember his exact name). I wonder if this is what she means by "being raised by a monkey". Is the ape the monkey that raised her? 

By the way, I learned that the episodes get added to Tencent Video around 10:30pm CST. :yayaya:

Yes! Same girl group as Yamy where she acts as their group leader...and i noticed that one too in episode 15 - Xiao Wu shakes her head secretly to the Titan Ape not to hurt Tang San...And if you remember Xiao Wu instantly got her soul rings just by talking to those wild dogs in the forest while Tang San is trying to save their master from the governor’s son....So i had a feeling too that Xiao Wu has this special bond with animals in the Star Forest...no wonder she is already a strong fighter ( and is fond of initiating a fight) when she emerged on the episode 2....Hope Wetv will still update succeding episodes on weekends! :love:

• Like 1

@Tofu 

Tang San is using the same hammer as his father. It is just he hasn’t reached his father’s level yet . @

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863465fd2d07bcd0e089

@Hyacinth0910 In memories of Xiao Wu 

Spoiler

Ou Si Ke is just to  nice . He need to toughen up . 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

15 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Tang San is using the same hammer as his father.

I wonder if his hammer has evolve. I know his blue green grass martial power has evolved every time he gets a spirit ring (I forgot what they are called), curious if the hammer did as well. I'm hoping that since we're almost half-way through the drama, they will start to highlight his second martial power now. 

15 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Ou Si Ke is just to  nice . He need to toughen up . 

This scene of Ou Si Ke, hahaha! I loved it so much but felt bad for him at the same time. I'm really glad that Rong Rong told Hu Lie Na that she won't leave her partner. It's was endearing to see that side of her because she's a bit bratty. Haha!

8 hours ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

you can see on that gif u posted how powerful Xiao Wu is...she just sit there with those dogs and she was able to absorb their soul beast rings.

I'm hoping that they explain this soon. I want to know how she can absorb the soul rings like that. She did it with the Titan Ape too, she absorbed rings from him too. 

I felt so bad for Xiao Wu when the Master told her she needed to eat meat. Poor girl, she grew up with animals/beasts so they are her friends -- no wonder she keeps throwing up each time. I love her perseverance though. 

• Like 2

Have you read about this?

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/chinese-tv-drama-apologizes-for-plagiarizing-his-dark-materials/

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… but not in the world of corporate copyright. New Chinese fantasy drama Douluo Continent came under fire after its premiere last week when viewers noticed that some shots in the drama’s magical opening credits, created by third party company Visual Impact Digital Production, looked quite similar to shots in the magical opening credits for the His Dark Materials TV show…

• Shocked 2

@Tothestars - Thanks for sharing that! That stinks for the entire drama team that the creative team was a bit careless in their design. I wonder if there will be an indirect impact on Xiao Zhan? I always feel so bad for him. Also, I usually skip the opening and ending credits unless I like the song. I had to actually watch Douluo Continent's opening credit to understand what's going on. Haha!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@Tothestars - Thanks for sharing that! That stinks for the entire drama team that the creative team was a bit careless in their design. I wonder if there will be an indirect impact on Xiao Zhan? I always feel so bad for him. Also, I usually skip the opening and ending credits unless I like the song. I had to actually watch Douluo Continent's opening credit to understand what's going on. Haha!

I always watch the opening and ending credit on the 1st ep, and will keep watching for couple eps when i want to watch preview and when i like the song, like Ever Night ending song by Jane Zhang, Joy of Love, Story of Ming Lan, and Ling Long ending song which so modern n has youthful feeling, love it!

I havent watched Duoluo though. Hopefully wont affect Xiao Zhan. Yeah blame the careless creative design team only, not the actors!

• Like 2

We've been chatting about this on Discord, but I thought maybe we can bring some of the discussion back in the thread. 

I'm up to episode 25 (English Subs have been released to up to episode 33) in the drama. The comradery between all seven of them is really endearing to watch. I like that they are all very vocal about doing things together and not leaving anyone out. 

The battle scene with the team from the city with the sand (sorry, it's been a few days since I watched an episode so I forgot the name of the places already) was pretty awesome to watch. This is mainly because of how they worked together with each other. They all did their best to protect each other and use the strength of everyone even our supportive martial soul. 

The romance between some of the characters are picking up quite a bit. I really enjoy the interactions between Tang San and Xiao Wu, but honestly, I'm a bit more invested in the romance between Dai Mu Bai and Zhu Zhu Qing. They both seem to be attracted to each other, but their pride refuse to accept it. Haha! I hope that Ou Si Ke is able to make Rong Rong like him. He's so funny and also animated. :laugh:

Douluo is still maintain its first spot in TV rating from the times they first start airing Feb/20 rating for Feb/19

1. Douluo Continent

2. Fighting Youth

3. Weaving a Tale Of Love

EutrIJNVcAQOHe9?format=jpg&name=small

Douluo to be ending their run for their VIP member tonight....remember to sit tight yea for the last battle :cool: i like the colorful poster @Tofuthe color combination is good

Euty84gVEAAxmfE?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

I like the colorful poster @Tofuthe color combination is good

Me too! I like that it has their martial souls all in the back too. It doesn't really show Ou Si Ke's. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what his is. I think he's like a cook or something? :laugh:

• Like 2
On 2/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, Tofu said:

@UnniSara @Hyacinth0910 - I'm sure both of you know already, but there is going to be a season 2 too! Xiao Zhan returns as Tang San which is great because I can't see anyone else but him as Tang San. I'm glad they didn’t do what they did with Ever Night. 

Yesssss i heard about the scriptwriter’s plan for season twoooooo!!!! So glad they are pushing through with the second season! Hope all of the members of the shrek seven devils team will be back to continue their adventures on season 2!!!! Thats what i love about Chinese dramas...they can easily decide and give a follow up on their hit dramas and make use of the fans anticipation to increase more of their profit 😆☺️😍

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

Yesssss i heard about the scriptwriter’s plan for season twoooooo!!!! So glad they are pushing through with the second season! Hope all of the members of the shrek seven devils team will be back to continue their adventures on season 2!!!! Thats what i love about Chinese dramas...they can easily decide and give a follow up on their hit dramas and make use of the fans anticipation to increase more of their profit 😆☺️😍

So true @Hyacinth0910 it is all about the profit.   I wished all the cast comeback. Each cast member played their part so well. I love the Devil Team. I enjoyed wathing their grow and bond. They are truly a family.   DID YOU GUYS SEE DAI SHI 6 PACK, MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT HIS HAIR COULD HAVE BEEN STYLE SO MUCH BETTER. :letalQQ:

@Tofu I too hated what they did with Ever Night. Although Ever Night 1 had higher ratings but  Ning Que #2 still got them to have a third season. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@Hyacinth0910 - Agreed! The script writer said that there will even be a season 3 too! That means that a few parts like their romance might be dragged out a bit. :cry: I hope all of the characters come back too, but I guess I can understand if some of them don't. I hope we get more news about it soon!! 

On 2/21/2021 at 3:04 AM, UnniSara said:

MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT HIS HAIR COULD HAVE BEEN STYLE SO MUCH BETTER.

HAHAHAHA! Yes, I wished he had a better hair style too. :laugh:

On 2/21/2021 at 3:04 AM, UnniSara said:

I too hated what they did with Ever Night. Although Ever Night 1 had higher ratings but  Ning Que #2 still got them to have a third season. 

I just started re-watching it (I didn't finish last time). Since I'm only at the beginning, nothing has picked up yet. Chen Fei Yu is too cute for words and well....I guess Dylan Wang isn't too bad too. It's just strange because Chen Fei Yu looks like a teenage boy (who Ning Que is supposed to be) while Dylan Wang has a bit of a mature look to him -- at least if you were to compare the both of them. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Hyacinth0910 - Agreed! The script writer said that there will even be a season 3 too! That means that a few parts like their romance might be dragged out a bit. :cry: I hope all of the characters come back too, but I guess I can understand if some of them don't. I hope we get more news about it soon!! 

@TofuThis is such a great news now that DC is nearing towards its finale...I will eagerly wait for the the coming seasons since the novel is too long for me to read and i might just sleep on reading it. :pandablush:

• Like 2

Up to ep 8, mostly conversation between Tang San and Xiao Wu with their new friends and foes, quite slow pace, but still interesting. It just there are some annoying chatterbox characters like Xiao Chen Yu and his follower, and now Ou Si Ke show up lol.

Really like Calvin Chen character, i wonder what will Master ask Tang San for the deal after helping him, but he really sincere helping Tang San. I forgot Master's name, i think the name only mentioned once by Tang San's father yeah? Have to rewatch again lol.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:12 AM, Hyacinth0910 said:

@UnniSara you can see on that gif u posted how powerful Xiao Wu is...she just sit there with those dogs and she was able to absorb their soul beast rings.

I wonder whether the wolves pack die? They sacrifice their life for Xiao Wu?

On 2/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, Tofu said:

Me too! I like that it has their martial souls all in the back too. It doesn't really show Ou Si Ke's. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what his is. I think he's like a cook or something? :laugh:

I think he is holding a book and a pen, he likes art right? Writing a story and want to be an actor lol.

• Like 2