English title:  Douluo Continent

Genre:  Fantasy, action, adventure

Director:  Yang Zhen Yu (杨振宇)

Episodes: 40

Broadcast Date: Feb/05/21

Cast:

Xiao Zhan as Tang San
Han Hao Lin as young Tang San
A former young prodigy of the renowned Tang Sect. One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Wu Xuan Yi as Xiao Wu
Yuan Ning Lu (袁宁璐) as young Xiao Wu
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. An orphan girl and Tang San's love interest.
Gao Tai Yu as Dai Mubai
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Second prince of Huangluo Kingdom.
Liu Mei Tong as Zhu Zhuqing
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Possesses the fastest speed and strongest attacking ability.
Liu Run Nan as Ao Sika
One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Ao Zi Yi as Ma Hongjun
One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Ding Xiao Ying as Ding Rongrong
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Daughter of Yu Fengzhi, clan master of the Sibao Liuli Sect.

Synopsis:

Tang San lost his mother since young, and he and his father depend on each other dearly. Tang San possesses extraordinary wits and talent since young, and aspires to be a great soul master. When he was six, he was sent to Ruoding Academy for cultivation. There, he came under the tutelage of Yu Xiaogang and also gets to know an orphan girl named Gu Xiaowu, whom became sworn siblings with him. Later, to further improve his cultivation, Yu Xiaogang brings Tang San to Shrek Academy. There, Tang San, Xiao Wu and five other youths form a group known as the "Shrek Seven Devils". The seven youths later enter the Tian Dou Royal Academy, where they became embroiled in the princes' battle for power. In the meantime, Tang San also discovers the person who killed his mother - none other than Wu Hun Pavilion's Bi Bidong; whom is actually Xue Qinghe in disguise. To stop Wu Hun Pavilion from destroying the Tiandou Kingdom, Tang San allies with the various sects of the kingdom and wages war against Wu Hun Pavilion.

Sources:

dramawiki

@Lynne @NiteWalker Moderator tag to get it added to the directory list.

Trailer

OSTs

Reserved

Helpful Links

Weibo l 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i was going to tag you that its expected to be airing today lols

I remembered seeing the rumor that it was going to air in February, I can't believe that it was true. Haha!

I'll have to watch the first episode to decide if I want to continue. Only one episode is out that I can see and it is airing everyday?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Guess i have to wait until the minimum of 10-12 eps sigh... How come tencent did this to us! 

I'm not going to lie, I thought the same thing too. I'm so used to 6 or 8 episodes coming out at once in the beginning that this one episode a day is not cutting it for me. :niu:

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

Hei but today they gave us up to ep 5, confusing... I will wait another 5 to start watching.

I guess now they are airing two episodes a day. It is so strange, but @NiteWalker sent this to me. This is their airing schedule. One episode a day for free users and two episodes for subscribers, it seems. 

J6vFpqH.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Oh i am sorry, i forgot i have subscribed to we tv lol, that is why i get until 5 hahaha! My bad...

Maybe they probably heard everyone's complaint about there being only one episode out on the first day and decided to release more. Haha! I might slowly start watching this. I was telling @NiteWalker that the main female lead's voice is pretty high and I don't know how I feel about that. :laugh:

Some of the photos from the promos:

bIBzBFO.jpg

3fHXKpv.jpg

Xiao Zhan from the press conference. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Maybe they probably heard everyone's complaint about there being only one episode out on the first day and decided to release more. Haha! I might slowly start watching this. I was telling @NiteWalker that the main female lead's voice is pretty high and I don't know how I feel about that.

I havent started yet, watching the trailer is so good, altough seems the story resembles with Legend of Awakening where the story in general goes like this:

- Talking about varies power in cultivation world

- main character and supporting character are attending a  cultivatio  school

- main character has mystery background/secret which he himself dont realize.

- forming a group with one girl only, representing the school to participate in cultivation competition, they look after each other

The details should be different, and the cgi must be a LOT better than Legend of Awakening lol. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Douluo Continent is still topping the chart as of Feb/07

It's the appeal of Xiao Zhan. He gets so much support even if he is also extremely hated by many too. 

9 hours ago, Tothestars said:

I dont know, i havent watched it lol, but i just guessing from the trailer, that resembles with LoA, have you started?

I never watched LoA so I'm not sure how similar but what you described is very similar to the synopsis I read on it. I actually did started watching and it's not bad. It flows really well so far and I appreciate that. The pacing is pretty good, nothing too overly drawn out. Some strange editing and CGI here and there, but I've seen worst so I give many projects a free pass now. Haha! I think I'm on episode 6 or 7 now. Nothing gif-worthy at the moment so I have nothing to share. :laugh:

I read that fans of the novel/anime are really disappointed in the drama because there are a lot of differences including character development too. That stinks for all those fans. :cry:

Spoiler

Also, I read that the female lead is not human but it's something you don't find out until later on.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I never watched LoA so I'm not sure how similar but what you described is very similar to the synopsis I read on it. I actually did started watching and it's not bad. It flows really well so far and I appreciate that. The pacing is pretty good, nothing too overly drawn out. Some strange editing and CGI here and there, but I've seen worst so I give many projects a free pass now. Haha! I think I'm on episode 6 or 7 now. Nothing gif-worthy at the moment so I have nothing to share

The one i wrote before is LoA general synopsis.

I think i will start tonight, while waiting for Ling Long. Yeah i have seen dramas with worse cgi, doesnt really matter as long as the story is good, LoA is one of with bad CGI lol, the story also not strong enough.

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I read that fans of the novel/anime are really disappointed in the drama because there are a lot of differences including character development too. That stinks for all those fans

Well the drama was just started couple eps, so they should wait longer for more eps. Hopefully the changing is going to the new plot and also good.

• Like 3

Hello @Tofu @Tothestars 

join us @Hyacinth0910 

I finished episode 1 &2 and I enjoyed it. I started reading some comments and realized. Here I go again, don’t want to stop a drama due to bad reviews or comments. 

i choose to avoid reading novel first once it is turned into a drama. The writer tend to change so many key points from the novel as they make the movie/drama.  So that is why it is important too separate it. 
I quiet enjoy the episode 1 & 2.  Tang San and Xiao Wu are so perfect. 

The actress playing Xiao Wh is doing an incredible job for her first acting role. She even acts like bunny. Hopping all over the place.  Xiao Wu went straight to TS because he frees all the bunnies.  
Tang San , I know his father loved him but I kind wished he was a bit more affectionate. TS really needed it even though he understood his father. It was cute that he ran back home because he wanted a hug and didn’t want his father to be alone. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a569f5ca1dd759d0fd

The Next Day 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara OMGGGGGG!!!! Those GIFs are my most fave scenes on episode 2!!!!! They definitely looked soooooo amazinggggg together onscreen!!! Wu Xian Yi used to be a Kpop idol member of Cosmic Girls thats why she really nailed her first lead drama with cutee Xiao Zhan!  I don’t bother to read the novel since im a very visual person and i might not appreciate the novel...I even ignore those negative comments online since seeing these two beautiful couple onscreen is more worthy than reading their negative opinions....WeTv is really good in releasing those 2 episodes per day!!!! Can’t wait for episode 11 and 12 tomorrow! :pandalove:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
23 hours ago, Tothestars said:

The one i wrote before is LoA general synopsis.

I think i will start tonight, while waiting for Ling Long. Yeah i have seen dramas with worse cgi, doesnt really matter as long as the story is good, LoA is one of with bad CGI lol, the story also not strong enough.

lols and the pairing dont work for me to be honest....unless they give Deng EnXi with Fei Yu instead lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wondered what waht Tang Han hding from Tang San. It was hinted that his secret is big and he doesn't want his son to know. I wonder why doesn't he want him to know. I was so happy that his dad was actually following his son but he didn't helphim at all. lol lol We also know that Tang Han is powerful and amazing. TH is proud of his son and want him to find his own way but I wonder shouldn't he still let him know he is there.  Our Tang San loves his father so much and would be so happy to know his dad isn't alone. 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara - Those scenes were so cute! I love how both of them woke up the next day like no big deal and everyone else is just like, "Did you guys just sleep together in the same bed?!" Hahaha! 

@Hyacinth0910 - I didn't realized she was in a KPOP group, that's nice that she branched out into acting. I don't think she's doing a bad job either, I just don't like how high her dubbed voice is. Actually sometimes the dubbing is a little off and it just seems strange but I still watch it either way. :laugh:

7 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I wondered what waht Tang Han hding from Tang San.

Same! It seems like Tang San inherited one of his soul power from his dad because his dad had a similar one. I would assume that his other soul power might be from his mom then. I'm kind of excited to see how all of them strength their soul powers and when Tang San is going to show his hammer. I know he did show it once but they didn't really point it out because he seemed a bit dazed on how it happened. 

Ma Hong Jun is a very interesting character and I thought it was nicely done. I'm curious to find out who the person is that gave the village head the medicine and what his role is.

I'm enjoying the drama so far. I think the pacing has been nice and I don't feel like anything is really dragged out for too long. I do not like the random insert of the background music. I think some of the song choices do not match the scene and it's hard to zone that out sometimes but I'm trying my best not to focus too much on that. I'm up to episode 13 now and I believe all seven characters have been introduced. Excited to see what Ou Si Ke's soul power is -- also his name is soooooooo fun to pronounce too. :eeeee:

• Like 2

@TofuAside from being a member of Kpop group Cosmic Girls, Wu Xuan Yi was also a former member of the all Chinese girl pop group called Rocket Girls together with another cutie member Yang ChaoYue...its good to know that both of them where just about to hit fame when they made DC...one of the reasons i love their chemistry. :wow:

• Like 1