@SilverMoonTea Kim Ok Vin looks good

Article from Sports Donga

106103019.1.jpg

OCN's new Saturday and Sunday original "Dark Hole" (written by Jeong Do, directed by Kim Bong-joo) is a survival drama about mutants who drank black smoke from the sinkhole and those who survived. Lee Joon-hyuk, who was enthusiastically loved by viewers for his role  "The Secret Forest 2," which ended last year, is drawing more attention than ever. On Wednesday, his character Teaser, known as "Yoo Tae-han," took off his veil. Yoo Tae-han was a "strong survivor who was not afraid of death."

Inside the ruined building, there are scars and blood stains on Taehan's body. And the memory of Tae-han's voice, "Tae-han, please save me," was disastrous. The tragic situation of "Muji City," which has become the birthplace of mutants, vividly unfolded. At that moment, a word "I won't let you die" rings in my ear. Tae-han's determined eyes are added to this after holding a shotgun. It adds expectations to the birth of an unusual character who will survive by staying strong and not even afraid of death.

"Finally, the story of Yoo Tae-han began to take off its veil. He said, "We are going to confront them with our natural coolness even in the midst of the infidel. "Lee Joon-hyuk expressed Yoo Tae-han's strong character 120% with just his eyes." Expectations are high again this time because Lee Joon-hyuk, who creates a new favorite character in every work. "I want you to check out his shining presence in the Dark Hole," he said.

"Dark Hole" is directed by Kim Bong-joo, who showed the essence of a chase thriller full of shock and twists through the movie "The Phone," and written by Jeong Do-do, who presented thrilling suspense with "Save Me  "and "Other People Are Hell." It will premiere at 10:30 pm on Saturday, April 24.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

A zombie drama?.....*flashback of that said drama which is no gone*....Okay...I will watch this too🤣giving it a try when it airs too

Supposed to be mutants...but they look more like zombies to me :pandablank:

But it doesn't matter , oppa is here!

ExtTvmnVIAE4J5p?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM Your oppa is a good guy here? 😂 I will try.

Yes, he is. The description seems that way but I better not jinx it :pandablank:...He has a penchant to take on these roles that will give you trust issues. For all I know he could be an evolved mutant pretending to be a good human. 

------------------

Hmm interesting ...so Kim Ok Vin's character did not turn into a mutant despite "drinking the dark smoke" that caused everyone else to turn.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210402/106213065/1

106213063.1.jpg

'Dark Hole' is a survival drama about humans who drank black smoke from the sinkhole, and those who survived in the meantime. Kim Ok-bin, who is not afraid of transformation in every work, will take on the role of Lee Hwa-seon, a detective at the Seoul Metropolitan Investigation Unit, and once again exude a unique presence.

“Lee Hwa-sun is a righteous detective who saves others in a disaster situation and does not give up on being human until the end.”  Lee Hwa-sun is a 'criminal'-like character who believes in what she thinks is right even in the midst of a huge sinkhole, black smoke, and mutant humans, and even in the chaos. In the character teaser video released on the 23rd of last month, Lee Hwa-seon's shocking reversal was revealed. To be “the only unchanged survivor who drank smoke”.

Such mysterious stories, characters, and differentiated materials were the trigger for Kim Ok-bin to choose this work. 

One late night, Hwa-seon saw people  changed after drinking mysterious black smoke in the city of Muji. She had gone there  after receiving a phone call from the killer who killed her only family, her husband. In this horror-encroached place, she pursues the killer , and at the same time fights for survival among the human variants. “Mystery, disaster, thriller, and complex genres like is something I am  fond of for a long time,” said Kim Ok-bin, who said, “'Dark Hole"  is also a work with many elements that viewers will like.”

In anticipation of the birth of a new life character for Kim Ok-bin, the last point was that, "If you try to reason together what choices people make in a crisis situation where you can't figure out who is good or evil until the end, you will be able to see it interestingly."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm... why am I less excited about the drama now, given the premise. Too much of scientific research gone wrong dramas? Maybe it’s time for me to shift gear 😣

Me too . Especially after Luca & Awaken this year . :pandascared: Anyway I’ll still watch since it’s LJH . Hopefully this will be better . 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

okvinjoonie1.jpg

Kim Ok-bin, Lee Jun-hyuk are survivors in post-apocalyptic Dark Hole

by tineybeanie

OCN’s latest thriller Dark Hole, featuring Kim Ok-bin (Arthdal Chronicles) and Lee Jun-hyuk (Forest of Secrets 2), has released new stills and a character teaser. When a natural sinkhole appears, a strange gas is emitted. Anyone that breathes the gas turns into a mutant, and then begins a lethal battle of survival between the mutants and the survivors that live amongst them.

Kim Ok-bin plays a regional investigations unit detective. The actress described her character as a “righteous individual who, amidst calamity, saves strangers and doesn’t give up on their humanity.”

She comes to Muji City, after receiving a call from her husband’s murderer. He was the only family she had left. In Muji City, she encounters the mysterious sinkhole, where she witnesses other citizens turning into mutants. She also breathes in the gas, but becomes the only survivor who doesn’t mutate after exposure.

On the other hand, Lee Jun-hyuk’s character, Yoo Tae-han, is a native to Muji City. He’s a reporter known for his sensationalistic and controversial content. The actor said he partially chose this project because he’s always had a love for movies, games, and dramas that had monstrous creatures popping out. In tribute to the game characters he’s played in the past, he wanted to walk the same arduous path.

The other reason he chose this project was that he thought Yoo Tae-han was very charismatic. He normally appears to be very laidback and playful, but he’s a strong proponent of justice.

His character teaser begins with him hunched over a dirty sink, with a bloody bandage nearby. As water drips, he looks into the cracked mirror at his injured reflection. A voice calls to him, asking Yoo Tae-han to save him. Yoo Tae-han recalls the pandemonium on the streets with mutants zombie hordes running amok. He picks up a rifle from the table behind him.

The next shot shows him walking like a lone gunman, as the mutants begin to run toward him. He says, “I will not let you just die.” Finally, the copy reads: “Yoo Tae-han, a strong survivor who does not fear death.” In the final narration, he says, “Mutant human survival, Dark Hole.”

Saturday-Sunday drama Dark Hole, directed by Kim Bong-joo (The Phone) and written by Jung Yi-do (Hell Is Other People), will air on OCN beginning on April 24.

Source: Dramabeans

• Like 3

The supporting cast - they are some of the survivors

106307982.1.jpg

First, Choi Kyung-soo, the chairman of Mu High School, played by Kim Byung-ki, who emits an overwhelming aura just by appearance, is  chairman of the Education Foundation. He, who is in power by being referred to as 'Mr. Kim Byung-ki's' two faces' are expected.

Song Sang-eun, who has planted a sense of presence by exposing an unusual character, plays a role as a village shaman 'Kim Seon-nyeo'. Kim Seon-nyeo, who devoted herself to her life on behalf of her mother, falls into despair as she hates the fairy god because of her spiritual power  disappeared without notice. In front of her, a new god appears with unknown black smoke. 

Yoo-jin Oh, who has emerged as an actor to pay attention to by accumulating solid acting skills through a number of independent films, played the role of 'Han Dong-rim', an ignorant  student. Donglim, who has been supporting her grandmother alone, does her best not to collapse even among friends who are trying to harass . 'Lee Jin-seok', a local Yangachi tormenting Oh Yu-jin, is played by Kim Do-hoon, who emerged as a rising star by showing impressive acting in various works. Jin-seok Lee, who goes to see the huge sinkhole in the mountain with his group, faces a mysterious black smoke there.

Actor Lee Ha-eun, who appeared like a comet in the drama 'Model Detective' last year with her intense acting, plays 'Yoon Sae-byul', a nurse at Muji City General Hospital. She will have a close relationship with Lee Hwa-seon (Kim Ok-bin) and Yoo Tae-han (Lee Jun-hyuk) by helping those in confusion and fear.

Lastly, the role of Jeong Do-yoon, a child who dramatically survived the chaos, is played by child actor Lee Ye-bit. Do -yoon, who lost her mother amid the people who have changed after drinking black smoke, endures extremely difficult situations. As Hwaseon and Do-yoon  share life and death situations , they will gradually become the most dependent on each other.

The production crew said, “From the head of a high school to a shaman, a high school girl and a local stepfather, and even a child. The survivors of Muji are  unveiled. From veteran actors with deep skills to new generations full of personality, a strong combination of old and new has been completed. 

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210408/106308009/1

• Like 3