43 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm going to try too (avoiding teaser trailers so I can be surprised) but no guarantee I'll continue. Quite burn out watching failed Sci-Fi kdramas. :jiminbtssigh: Even Mouse, @Chocolate, it is still engaging but it's gone to a direction I am not sure I will like. Hopefully it can wrap up nicely.

me too...I am so tired. Time travel, mutants , zombies. :shocked2:. Lee Joon Hyuk's oppa power will have to see me through this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm going to try too (avoiding teaser trailers so I can be surprised) but no guarantee I'll continue. Quite burn out watching failed Sci-Fi kdramas. :jiminbtssigh: Even Mouse, @Chocolate, it is still engaging but it's gone to a direction I am not sure I will like. Hopefully it can wrap up nicely.

I like a good thriller so let's see for this one. I started Children of a Lesser God up to episode 2 or 3 I think but it's not very entrancing yet.

Spoiler

Yes, Mouse, let's wait and see for that too. Hopefully the story remains logical and the questions are answered reasonably. I'm fine with a bit of fantasy (eg. brain transplant) but hopefully the writer doesn't throw things in just to keep drawing out the suspense. But I guess nothing can get as bad a Sissyphus 😂

• Haha 5
On 4/9/2021 at 11:20 PM, abs-oluteM said:

new scary teaser

It is indeed scary. The tone here is kinda like The Cursed, which I didn’t continue watching after a couple of episodes. Unless the writing is strong and tight like The Guest, I think I might pass on this drama. 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@SilverMoonTea also aired on TVN??? Oh that is news to me. Let me see what news we have on Naver

Yup...looks like it is true

'Dark Hole' is scheduled to be broadcast for the first time at 10:50 pm on the 30th, moving from the existing Saturday and Sunday schedule to Friday and Saturday, and can also be met on tvN.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/04/378318/

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I'm watching Designated Survivor @abs-oluteM. Is your oppa a good guy there? 😆

What do you think? ahahahahah let's just say he is an interesting character.

COAGL = Children of A Lesser God. 
I liked this one a lot as well and binged it in a few days after @SilverMoonTea's hard sell.

Translated character chart

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea Interesting. I wonder why. OCN and tvN are under the same company CJE&M anyway. Is it because you can subscribe one but not the other so they want to ensure more viewerships??? :pandathink:

I think so too. 1st time I am coming across this. Maybe want to broaden the audience. TVN should be the bigger channel given how niche OCN is.

Posters!

EzZ8K7NVUAEziVI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EzZ7fImVgAU0S9Y?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

EzZ8kTAVcAM7L5C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Character chart

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kim Ok-vin explains how 'Dark Hole' differs from previous apocalyptic series

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/04/688_307868.html

By Lee Gyu-lee

Last year saw a surge in apocalyptic genre flicks from zombies to monstrous creatures in Korea, with many garnering global popularity, such as Netflix's horror-thriller series, "Sweet Home" and "Kingdom," and the Cannes-selected action film, "Peninsula." In the hope of continuing on the back of these successes this year, OCN is set to roll out the new series, "Dark Hole," to be released on Friday.

The series' lead actress Kim Ok-vin gave a glimpse of how her new drama will stand out from other apocalyptic zombie works.

"When I got the script, I first thought it may be another zombie flick, but it was actually different ... Amid an apocalyptic setting, the story takes a mysterious turn into a complex genre that involves things from sci-fi through to monsters," the actress said during the online media conference for the series, Monday. "Working on this series was mentally and physically very challenging, but I believe it will become a really meaningful project."

Directed by Kim Bong-joo, whose previous work includes the thriller-action film, "The Phone," the series is about people in a fictional town called Muji where a mysterious smoke comes out of a sinkhole and turns those inhaling it into mutants. A group of survivors, including detective Lee Hwa-sun (Kim) and truck driver Yoo Tae-han (Lee Joon-hyuk), must fight against the mutants to stay alive.

The series is penned by scriptwriter Jung Yi-do, who is known for writing the suspense thriller series, "Hell Is Other People" and "Save Me."

"The series follows decisions people make when the world meets destruction due to the smoke, their actions to survive, and values they need to keep in the worst possible circumstance," the director said. "The genre is a thriller but, in the end, it's about the values we need to protect."

Scenes from OCN's new series, "Dark Hole." / Courtesy of OCN

The director also noted the key difference of the series from previous zombie flicks. "When people turn into a zombie, their sole instinct becomes to eat. On the other hand, when people become a mutant, they still have their memory, but whatever negative feelings they had start to amplify," the director said. "So a subplot builds up even after the moment a person becomes a mutant."

Hwa-sun lost her husband to a murderer and, one day, she receives a text from the killer telling her to come to the city. In order to catch the killer amid the chaos, she takes on two jobs as a detective and as a rescuer of the survivors.

Kim, who has shown off her acting skills in the film, "The Villainess," hinted that the series will involve a lot of action scenes from her character, noting that she ran five kilometers every day to keep up her strength.

The actress added she took a raw approach to playing her character. "I tried not to look pretentious. It's going to look wild and real," Kim said. "As my character needs to protect people from the middle of mayhem, I tried to make her look rational, hardheaded, and calm."

Actor Lee plays a valiant tow truck driver Tae-han, who is not afraid to risk his life against mutants. He compared his character to his previous, and most notable, the role of a sly prosecutor Seo Dong-joo in the hit series "Stranger," which ended its second season, last October.

"In 'Stranger,' my character was very talkative, whereas in 'Dark Hole,' my character is a man of action. Because Tae-han talks less, I don't have to struggle to memorize lines, but physically, I'm suffering a little bit," he said. "It's interesting to play such contrasting characters within just six months."

Actor Im Won-hee will offer a comical twist to the heavily-plotted, thriller series with his character Park Soon-il. "I defined 'Dark Hole' as a Korean-style apocalyptic film. Although our series is a bit dark, my character adds a dash of Korean sentiment," he said. "The series has a resonating message and B-rated style humor so I hope people will enjoy it."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1