3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Hahaha I've to say the roots (or tentacles) look lame, for now.

The humans breathe some black thing and they started hallucinating. The FL is infected too but I think she managed to fight/control it so in that sense, yes, it sounds like Sweet Home. LOL.

I caught the 1st eps...and I keep thinking of Sweet Home. It was nose bleeds in SH and here it is the eyes that turn black or weird. But the hallucinations are probably what causes them the most pain. There's something creepy about this whole thing since there was the shaman scenes which indicate some occult thing maybe be going on. Not to mention that female serial killer that seems to like do dig out the eyes of her victims.  :shocked2:

Not sure if I was super wowed by the 1st episode but I guess seeing oppa's handsome face as the good guy here with good hair like @Chocolate said will keep me interested for now. 

Subbed BTS

• Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I'm really watching this for Lee Joon-hyuk who seems to be drinking from the fountain of youth habitually. He's good of course and my complaint is that there's not enough of him. His character Tae-han seems to be one of the more quick-witted people around the place. His chemistry with Kim Ok-vin is quite good. As far as the show goes, it's okay -- the set-up is decent enough although I wasn't expecting a serial killer thrown into the mix. It begs the question as to how she fits into the smoke and monsters story. I don't think there's anything especially original about this so far but that's not necessarily a deal breaker as long as it has some entertainment value.

Thus far it, it's not that scary. Which is fine by me. I find sci-fi horror largely palatable. I was an avid watcher of Fringe while it aired and this show has some of those resonances. I notice some comments that it's very much like Stephen King's The Mist. Having not seen it I can't comment on that. For me this show plays like a disaster flick. Like Godzilla, War of the Worlds, The Day After Tomorrow etc etc. Somehow a child is always involved. 

I can understand the Sweet Home comparisons although there's a different feel to it. Good, bad or indifferent, I'm along for the ride to bask in LJH goodness especially as an action hero.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can understand the Sweet Home comparisons although there's a different feel to it. Good, bad or indifferent, I'm along for the ride to bask in LJH goodness especially as an action hero.

Agreed. After eps 2 , I think there's a marked difference in how the story is unfolding. For one we are aware of the source of this problem. In Sweet Home , it was never quite explained what brought upon the nose bleeds and people turning into monsters. \

------------------------------

I think the 1st two episodes are pretty much a set up of how things became chaotic. While I don't feel emotionally attached to any of the characters yet , I am gonna still watch this for oppa! :laugh:. Fangirl has to stand by her man. Not often he plays a straight-up good guy. 

E0NSRxjVkAUd9pK?format=jpg&name=large

BTS

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Oooo we’ll get to see him in his uniform :wow:

New stills 

Lol ! This was during the press con - it’s true he only follows one person on IG and that is Dwayne Johnson 

• Heart Eyes 4

So from eps 3, Hwa Sun is not the only one who doesn't fully turn into a mutant . That school boy ( the bully) is also infected but he's not gone out of control. And it seems being bitten also does not lead to infection - Tae Han seems alright after being bitten by his friend.  Anyway in the preview it from what Hwa Sun said , it seems that someone is controlling the smoke. Apart from Tae Han, driven by my oppa bias no doubt, I am not finding any of the characters likeable or memorable as yet.

BTS stills 

Spoiler

Preview

• Like 2

Finally done with watching ep.1-2. What a tensed episode 2 it was. The panic state was done well when the electricity was cut. I was on the edge of my seat and holding my breath at the same time while watching. Anyway, this is not a drama to watch when feeling low and tired. 

I didn’t expect there will be a literal dark hole within the drama. I love LJH’s character here. The way he carried the female lead over his shoulder 😅 As for the female lead, first time watching her. The whole time I was admiring her eyes area. I thought her eyebrows area (connecting to the nose bridge) is really so well defined, beautiful. 

Since I don’t think I can jump into ep.3-4 today, I am still wondering what are the rules to the infection. Inhaling the black smoke? From one infected person to another? And there’s no way to regain yourself once infected? Unless like the female lead, there’s a conscience that pull her back/out of the dark hole? It’s sad what happened to LJH’s character’s friend. Can the black smoke really be prevented from going inside the hospital? 😅 when he suggested that idea to the doctor, I scratched my head because smoke can seep in through slight gaps.   

And remind me again how many episodes this drama will have? What will be in store for future episodes? 

• Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

And remind me again how many episodes this drama will have? What will be in store for future episodes? 

Oh yay...I have company. This will be a 12 -episode drama. I have yet to watch eps 4 - will do it tomorrow. So many weekend dramas :pandawhat:. I always tell myself I will not watch so many but here I go again. LOL

Preview eps 4

BTS

OST 1 is not bad

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This will be a 12 -episode drama.

I have guessed so. And it is a good length I think, given the fast pacing and where we are already at the end of ep.2. 

I love that lately there’s been a lot of great 12-episode dramas. 

LOL, just saw the preview of ep.4. So the black smoke really did go in through the vents 😆😅😅 and yes, that shaman lady seems to be the one controlling it?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

So many weekend dramas... it's hard catching up with all of them. But I intend to persevere with this one because there's enough that intrigues me.

The show's getting better and I like that there are different aspects to it but it's a bit too slow going for me. I'm getting Cowboys and Aliens vibes so I'm curious to see what they intend to do with the dark hole and the those who have been bitten but haven't mutated. Is it really at the discretion of the Voice or is there something else about the people who mutate? On the upside it seems as if Sun-hwa can now resist the Voice on her own.

Like Sweet Home there are a mixed bag of characters. Some are really annoying and idiotic despite the urgency of the situation that's in front of them. The school principal is one and the expelled delinquent another. What's the point of acting tough and throwing your weight as if you're somehow immune from what's going out there and impending death. I definitely cheered when the schoolgirl gave the principal the wack on the head that he richly deserves.

I guess in times of crisis everyone expresses fear differently. But I am baffled by those who chose to leave the hospital as if they were just sheltering from a thunderstorm and now that the sky's clear, it's time to head home. It seems to me ludicrous after all that carnage just outside their doorstep, they can think that the worst is over. Maybe it's a false bravado at play not wanting people to think they're cowards. But the school principal is the worst. Lording it over people as if he's God's gift to the town.

The shaman is an interesting addition. She seems to be a medium for the Voice in the dark which doesn't seem to be a supernatural being. I find the comparison between her and the Second Saviour cult leader fascinating.

So far Tae-han's my favourite. It seems that he lost his job as a local cop after being accused of bribery which Sung Il probably committed. But he's never lost his sense of compassion and civic responsibility even now. He's certainly one of the sharpest tools in this tool box and has risen to the occasion. Again I say this... there's not enough of him.

Sun-hwa seems to have an unlimited supply of bullets. 

• Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

So far Tae-han's my favourite. It seems that he lost his job as a local cop after being accused of bribery which Sung Il probably committed. But he's never lost his sense of compassion and civic responsibility even now. He's certainly one of the sharpest tools in this tool box and has risen to the occasion. Again I say this... there's not enough of him.

Same here...can we have more of him please? I am certain he was framed for the bribery thing or was the scapegoat. He seems like such an easygoing person - he didn't kick up a fuss when he was fired. I really feel LJH is underutilized in this drama.

Anyway , it is more than just the smoke that turns the people into mutants. There's a being - the monster with these tentacles ( don't know if it is one or several of them) whom I think is the one emitting this smoke? Or has control over it. Given the shaman's role , this seems to be more than just a phenomenon that can be scientifically explained like Awaken or Luca ? Perhaps something supernatural to it.

The best scene was when the girl student hit the awful principal on his head with the extinguisher. Really cannot stand people like him. And the revelation at the end that the cop from the 4th Floor heading to a negative pressure room is actually a criminal ( did he look like he had also been infected? ) does make things more interesting. 

• Clapping Hands 3

I am halfway through ep.4... may continue later on. This drama needs the right mood and moment to watch. Right now, I'm just fearing for everyone. Even if they're just nameless characters, I feel really bad when they are attacked, like the patients who are with the pregnant lady. I'd better watch another time :nervous:

Btw, it seems that this drama is not very well received among the Chinese viewers. Less than 5 comments compared to Doom which has like more than 20 comments :thinking: Could it be the theme? Many are saying that the writer is too ambitious weaving too many plots into the story (serial killer, cult, shaman, corruption etc)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Btw, it seems that this drama is not very well received among the Chinese viewers. Less than 5 comments compared to Doom which has like more than 20 comments :thinking: Could it be the theme? Many are saying that the writer is too ambitious weaving too many plots into the story (serial killer, cult, shaman, corruption etc)

In some ways , I think that is true - trying to combine all the possible end of the world scenarios into one. I think for me the drama is not doing enough to build emotional connection with the viewers. So many characters but nothing about any of them that would make me feel like I would root for their survival. Except LJH - but that is bias at play here .

New stills

• Heart Eyes 2

On 5/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm really watching this for Lee Joon-hyuk who seems to be drinking from the fountain of youth habitually. He's good of course and my complaint is that there's not enough of him. His character Tae-han seems to be one of the more quick-witted people around the place. His chemistry with Kim Ok-vin is quite good

I agree their chemistry is awesome and I love them together. Watching episode 2 now. It took me a while to find this drama with subs. 
The scummy cop, just abandoned his friend because he is afraid. 
Will come back to read everyone’s comments. 
@abs-oluteM Your watching this drama too. 

Just finished episode 2 and it broke my heart. Finally the drama is moving me. It took a while . 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Is Han Dong Rim tough, antisocial or Evil. I can’t decide for now.
Our new Savior is a coward and he did a good job brainwashing his weak followers. Every single one we’re ready to die instead of trying to fight to live.  

This parasite uses fear to control their host.these fears are so intense that it pushes them to act in their fears and I believe it depends on the host at how violent they are. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 5/9/2021 at 9:31 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Since I don’t think I can jump into ep.3-4 today, I am still wondering what are the rules to the infection. Inhaling the black smoke? From one infected person to another? And there’s no way to regain yourself once infected? Unless like the female lead, there’s a conscience that pull her back/out of the dark hole?

@ktcjdrama Rule of infection ( I rather call it hijack or possession) the human. They control them through fear. Their fear are magnified and once they make their first kill, there is no turning back for them for now. I hope that makes sense now.  What possesses the human body is this

The a school Principal/ owner is really an a***. He is so mean and only cares for himself in my opinion. He clearly doesn’t understand what is going on or how people are affected. 

LATELY ALL CHILD ACTORS ARE LOOKING SO CUTE IN ALL THESE DRAMAS.  SMH

• Insightful 2

@UnniSaraI caught up with the latest episodes. Hmm okay -I won't rule out fear being the reason they fully turn, but I also think it is a weak will. That's why Hwa Sun has not fully become mutant and even that bully Jin Seok.

This week's episode proved to be more interesting once they had to move out of the respective places they were holed up in - Hwa Sun and the teacher trying to evacuate the others in the school , and Tae Han going to look for the nurse who was kidnapped by the rapist/ murderer. I was so relieved the pregnant woman managed to escape but her labour has complications. Two things I am curious - what did the nurse secretly take from the cabinet? And I am wondering why the doctor is secretly hiding the cult leader (think is him) in the isolation room. He's already infected.

The Shaman's mysterious & cryptic ways have gained her a following from desperate people not knowing what else they could do. Is she really in control of the smoke / monster or is she the prophet here? I am just wondering if she is pulling a fast one on the rest by marking them as saved or untouchable?

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1