Tao Hong as Wen Hui
Fang Hui as Meng Jiangyue
Ma Yue as Jing Changnian / Li Changxi
Huo Qing as Wang Anci
Xing Min Shan as Xu Benye
Liang Zhi Gang as Liu Zhi
Ding Jia Li as Old Mrs. Pu

Synopsis:

The police are investigating a case that involves a death directly caused by a rare bug known as the bullet ant. In order to clear his name, Tan Jingtian, an Insect toxicology graduate becomes involved in the bizzare investigation and collaborates with forensic doctor Jin Ling. As they dig deeper, they uncover the mystery behind his own identity.

Along with police captain Chen Han and the other detectives, they trace every clue as they solve one case at a time to uncover the murderer that has been in hiding for many years.

Sources:

dramawiki

@Lynne @NiteWalker Moderator tag to get it added to the directory list.

Trailer

OSTs

Reserved

Helpful Links

Weibo 

• Like 1

8 episodes in and I am enjoying almost every thing about this police procedural. I like the quirky male lead, the detective team that has unofficially adopted him and the surgeon that shares his past.

What I personally don't care for is how they're gunning for a romance between Jing Tian (the entomologist)  and Jin Ling (the coroner)... they don't give off the right kind of vibe quite frankly. Honestly she seems more like a bigger sister to him. The surgeon, Wen Bai, would be a better fit for her. 

Honestly the romance is unnecessary especially when the bromance is far superior.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

What I personally don't care for is how they're gunning for a romance between Jing Tian (the entomologist)  and Jin Ling (the coroner)... they don't give off the right kind of vibe quite frankly. Honestly she seems more like a bigger sister to him. The surgeon, Wen Bai, would be a better fit for her. 

i have to agree with you on this....their visual itself dont feel right for me...which is why im holding it off for a lil lols

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Started this series just only. I think the drama quite unique and very informative. 

The ep 1-3 case with ants pretty interesting. The Amazon's ritual for celebrating boy grow up is so gruesome, and the bad news this is true story.

The ep 4-6 even more interesting, it's first time for me to hear about nyotaimori.

I think everytime Jing Tian appeared, the case also follow him? 

Note :

The ML looked really young! I checked the actor is 23 y.o. But he really looked like underage 😅. In the drama, he's a postgraduate, not too sure how old is he? The FL indeed looked like a da jie for him, eventhough the actress is 28 y.o. Heard there will be romance? I'm also not too sure, but we'll see. 

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif